Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 262

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 407339 times)

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III adventure game
« Reply #615 on: December 01, 2020, 05:01:56 pm »

Alright, here's the save: https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15326

All of the bugged populations have been removed, including Cog's soldiers of night (she still has an army of ~1000 "outcast" soldiers though). The non-malignant hands of planegift enclaves in the north have been left alone, so they should still show up as encounters.
I visited each affected site and everything seems fine. Hummedraces was even reclaimed by humans.

Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: December 01, 2020, 05:41:49 pm »

Thanks!

Just to make sure everybody feels comfortable moving on, I'm going to wait untill thursday, if nobody has raised any alarms by then, Eric can start.
Also here are the updated graphs. Hands of planegifts are obviously not listed, I'm still contemplating going through the old files to extract their numbers.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The difference is hardly visible, but kobolds have taken a significant hit, their numbers have gone from 51 to 41. Everything else has been pretty stable except for the elves and humans in the last few turns. They seem to have suffered most from Raki and Glloyd visiting their lands.
I'll try and get the other posts updated.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile

Also, fun fact for TheFlame52: your last adventurer (Galka Fancyrocks) is now a Countess of the Walled Dye. Quite the step up in the world, no?
She was a beastmaster while I was playing, but the Countess part is new. Good to know.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: December 01, 2020, 07:21:12 pm »

Thanks for posting that graph. The kobold death was accidental, and most of those deaths were caused by kobolds killing each other. Because of that, there are actually living kobold historical figures now, so maybe that'll help ensure their survival. Who knows. It's nice to see I did have a noticeable impact on the world though. Will the chaos in Orid Xem continue? Looking forward to seeing where people go with it.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: December 02, 2020, 02:57:24 am »

So we're going to spend a week testing the "patched" save then before I start? Sounds like a good idea at least. (I didn't get a PM yet so I didn't realize it was my turn until  just now)
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: December 02, 2020, 03:02:43 am »

So we're going to spend a week testing the "patched" save then before I start? Sounds like a good idea at least. (I didn't get a PM yet so I didn't realize it was my turn until  just now)

No, Thursday is tomorrow :-). I did not send you a PM yet, I would have done so after the save game was approved. If no issues have popped up tomorrow you can start from the fixed save game that NoGoodNames posted. 

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: December 02, 2020, 06:15:21 pm »

Oh, I have no idea what day of the week it is theyve all started to blur together. Good news is I will have pretty much nothing preventing me from playing because I'm currently unemployed haha

I visited hummedraces, planesgifts and truthfulriddled in adventure mode and found only one HoP, a religious figurehead in planesgifts, and experienced no crashes or unusual errorlog entries. (errorlogs about succession travelers and site walkers placed out of bounds, bad pathing and bad unit occupancy flags are ubiquitous as usual.) Battery is dead now, may try again later.

I was attacked by a couple HoP historical figures around the old dwarven mountains, so theyre still out there
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 06:51:29 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: December 02, 2020, 07:59:28 pm »

Likewise, I booted up my adventurer and ran around to the towns in the north where I crashed during my turn. No issues there, so I'd say you're good to go Eric.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: December 03, 2020, 10:38:03 pm »

I figured out how to glitchily edit artifacts into my inventory, so here's something I was hoping to run into on my turn:

Spoiler: BLOODWRATH! (click to show/hide)

Aside from the awesomely edgy name and being one of the best weapons in Orid Xem, Bloodwrath has some neat history. Forged at the end of the first century, just as dwarven civilization was reaching its height, the sword earned its name during the march of the undead under Oddom Girdergrove. It was first claimed by Kib, one of Oddom's lieutenants, but her defeat at Stealmountain saw it pass to the zebra fiend Dreamypuzzled. It was then used to great effect by the demon, along with the rest of her legendary armory. Sadly, the undead hordes proved too numerous for Dreamypuzzled, and she eventually fell to them.

Unfortunately, I think Bloodwrath is completely inaccessible now. It was supposedly lost in Trammeljudges during it's conquest, but because the sword's wielder died, it's not there. The game thinks it's still held by the dead Sarvesh Cudgelkind, so it doesn't physically exist anymore.
                        - Random human lord

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: December 04, 2020, 03:45:24 am »

It is lost sadly, insofar as I can tell. I turned Trammeljudges upside down during my turn trying to find it, but it is lost to DFs glitchyness. So, I settled for the Forest of Heather instead, which does not have such a storied history. I think there's one other legendary steel sword in Keyconjure, although me and I think a couple others passed through there and didn't cross its path, so who knows.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: December 04, 2020, 01:02:44 pm »

Hmm. Could it be possible to reanimate its last wielder and see if the game gave it back to him, perhaps after a bit of reloading, or would that be impossible? If so, that might be worth a test between turns.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: December 04, 2020, 10:44:16 pm »

I don't think Sarvesh has a physical corpse anywhere, so that's not an option. The only way to bring it back seems to be dfhackery. And when I did it, I somehow accidentally removed dwarves from the adventurer race options. So maybe not worth the risk.
                        - Random human lord

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: December 04, 2020, 11:56:00 pm »

I didn't experience any other issues, so I went ahead and started an adventurer. Will post soon i hope, but not too soon
I make Spellcrafts!

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: December 08, 2020, 10:52:23 am »

How're things going, Eric?
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: December 09, 2020, 04:28:18 am »

Ah, sorry. My adventures have concluded and I'm writing that up now while I work on a little fort.
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 262