Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 261

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 392171 times)

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Perhaps input/output stockpiles for workshops. I rarely do that myself but some do for stuff like decorations.
No, I checked, they didn't link for anything and each contained different types of furniture/material. I suspect the game just lost a few of the settings in the process.

I guess it doesn't matter, it shouldn't affect adventure mode.
Sigtext updated 05-10-2023.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile

Fortress stockpiles usually lose their workshop links after being reclaimed/unretired.

How's that adventure coming, NoGoodNames?
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here's the save: https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15475

Once again, I'm sorry I went over the turn limit. Ironically, I'm pretty free this week. If only the last couple turns had taken a little longer... I'll try to put some extra effort into the last update (coming soon) to make up for it.

I didn't get around to a lot of what I had hoped to accomplished, but it can't be helped. The biggest disappointment was not finding any obsidian for those axes I drew Arcturus with. It was really common in the elven lands, but nowhere further south apparently. Seems pretty random what rock makes up the ground. Even with obsidian layers directly underneath, the floor would be made of rhyolite or dacite. And the one mountain I crossed didn't count because pebbles don't exist on mountains apparently...

Anyway, I'd like to sign up for another turn. Hopefully it lines up so I have more free time then.

Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile

At the risk of coming off as skip-happy, Wonderpsycho hasn't been active since the 10th of February. Should we skip them, or wait for another four days?
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I only send the PM notification yesterday morning, and I usually wait three days before skipping.
At least we can play the special event during the down time.

Edit: No response, that makes it Tonnot's turn..
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 05:53:55 pm by Bralbaard »

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile

Ayyy, I'll be able to pick it up starting tomorrow. This should be fun!

The leatherbound book is singed at the edges and stained with blood...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 08:45:38 pm by tonnot98 »
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile

My trek through The Tundra of Heroes wasn't nearly as perilous as I thought. Maybe me being a friend of nature saved me from the worst of it?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 10:51:12 pm by tonnot98 »
Meow.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

The polar bears run thick as the fog in the tundra of heroes. Being a friend of nature probably did spare you a couple ambushes. Tbh it's hardest going needing to thaw water out constantly.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile

My turn is rapidly approaching, and I'm very busy right now, so would it be possible to bump me a couple turns down the list? I still want to take my turn, I just don't think I have the time for it over the next week or two.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile

Tbh it's hardest going needing to thaw water out constantly.
That's what we have Combinedinsight for.[/joke] TBH, I may or may not have gone for the Necromancer secrets there with Urus purely because I was fed up with him getting thirsty in the middle of the damn tundra every five seconds.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 04:10:57 pm by Quantum Drop »
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My turn is rapidly approaching, and I'm very busy right now, so would it be possible to bump me a couple turns down the list? I still want to take my turn, I just don't think I have the time for it over the next week or two.

No problem, I'll move you down two slots, let me know if it should be less/more.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bralbaard, are you willing to extend the event term by a week, two or a month? It looks like we're not on our best game when it comes to it right now.
Sigtext updated 05-10-2023.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile

The conclusion to my adventure (and the savefile) will be presented later this day. Sorry about the wait!
Meow.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile

Sorry about the wait again, some things came up. Imic! You beautiful bastard, your fortress actually managed to be super creepy! The traps alone managed to claim two of my companions!

https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15493
Meow.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

First of all, thank you for the history and necromancer books. It's good to have a library of my own in Herograves :-).
I find it highly amusing that Fidale's elven upbringing is reflected in the museum piece, which will lecture the visitors about the value of nature. It is fitting that her goblin nature is also reflected in the fact that all this "be-friendly-to-nature" stuff is written on the skin of a dead cat.

I also see the weremammoth fell ones are starting to cause some issues  ;D. Raki is still waiting patiently in his grave hoping to receive similar powers..

That makes it Tehsapper's turn, I'm looking forward to that.

Also, people should let me know if they want another turn, I'm not sure if I picked up all requests over the last weeks. In general let me know if I missed anything, there are a lot of lists, dead bodies and other things to keep track of.
Also, there was a request to extend the deadline for the event. It's fine for me to extend it by a week. I don't want to extend it much longer as I want to run some historians-guild events afterwards, there are still quite a few unfinished stories..

« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 04:46:46 am by Bralbaard »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 261