Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 263

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 409653 times)

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum III: Adventure mode succession game.
« Reply #240 on: June 05, 2020, 03:07:28 pm »

I'll add you to the list again Tasoth, hope you will have better luck next time.

I'll send Travis Bickle a PM.

Edit: at the time of posting this the DFFD server was down. Let's hope it recovers soon.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 03:16:58 pm by Bralbaard »

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 10, 2020, 03:04:18 am »

No response from Travis I'm guessing?

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 10, 2020, 10:02:32 am »

I have indeed not had a response from Travis Bickle.

I do not have time to play right now, so I moved myself down the list a number of places. That means it would be Luckyowls turn.
Before I notify him, I was wondering if DFFD is down for other people as well, or is it just me?

I can probably get the save game to Luckyowl by other means, but that will have to wait till tomorrow (I still have cathar's save on my drive and if I understand correctly that should be identical to the last save game)

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 10, 2020, 10:08:31 am »

I have indeed not had a response from Travis Bickle.

I do not have time to play right now, so I moved myself down the list a number of places. That means it would be Luckyowls turn.
Before I notify him, I was wondering if DFFD is down for other people as well, or is it just me?

I can probably get the save game to Luckyowl by other means, but that will have to wait till tomorrow (I still have cathar's save on my drive and if I understand correctly that should be identical to the last save game)
Seems to be up on my end.

EDIT 11/06/20: Yep, gone down on my end.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 05:13:30 am by Quantum Drop »
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 10, 2020, 10:24:06 am »

That's odd. It's consistently down for me, over three different browsers, while trying to approach it using different links and searches.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 10:34:46 am by Bralbaard »

Tasoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Death to the surface dwellers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 10, 2020, 10:25:26 am »

Seems to be up on my end.

Up on my end as well right now, although it has gone down before, sometimes for a few hours, but the longest time was a full day. I wonder if the site’s having issues as of late.
Urist McHero, legendary axedwarf, has been scuttled.
A thread started regarding honoring the dearly departed Wagon. A hard working individual that was cut down, after centuries of work, by a simple bridge malfunction. Somehow we started off with reverance before shortly delving into science, philosophy, and even language itself.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 10, 2020, 10:30:10 am »

Toady made a remark several days ago that they were moving to another server and that there might be issues.
I'll just send  Luckyowl a PM and ask him to let us know if he has trouble downloading the save game.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 10:32:52 am by Bralbaard »

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #247 on: June 10, 2020, 11:12:20 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yeah, the link is not working for me either.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 10, 2020, 05:03:50 pm »

I would like another turn.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 11, 2020, 01:47:21 am »

Perhaps there's another file hosting site that we can use as backup?  I used OneDrive for the longest time during the Museum and Museum II games. https://wetransfer.com/ comes to mind.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 11, 2020, 06:50:33 am »

DFFD now works for me. Toady also has a new post up saying that there were continuing issues, but it looks like they might have figured it out now.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 11, 2020, 07:38:01 pm »

My name is Thon Scarone. I am currently on my way to Dieportal for a  job. I am not really sure what it is since I was told from a goblin back at Diveact that there is work for me there. He claimed to be a representative for some museum called Boltpumpkin down south and that they are in need of a treasure hunter. The goblin whistled with a smile saying that the job pays well.
 I am not a treasure hunter, but money is tight in High confederacies. So I took it.

It's not far from where I am at. I pray the gods that my trip is a smooth one.

"WOLVES!"-  It's always the wolves… naturally I tried to run away from them. But that wasn’t working so I had no choice but to fight.

In a single swoop I slew a wolf. After that the fight was mostly me just rolling and slashing.

I was able to slew most of them without injury. Covered in blood my predatory eyes was set on a scared wolf trying to escape…

I don't let my prey escape…

I continued through the dune of song. Where I came across a group of bandits scouting the area. So I moved through the dune carefully. Always watching who was behind me and what was in front of me. My ears were keen for any footstep that might be near. Although I am  a hunter, there is time where I must play prey and realize that I am outnumbered. My only wish is to reach the ruin fortress. I can not afford to fight at this state.

This high state of mind bled into the night although their footstep and small chatter rarer where I am at. I still get a few footsteps here and there. I must stay low until I know I made it.

I finally arrived  at the fortress I pray 'the' for her guidance.

I enter the fort and a group of robed figures stood atop a bunch of items. The fortress seemed empty  with only a temple at my far right corner and tavern adjacent to the temple. A small robed goblin trot her way towards me "greetings, I assume one of our recruiters sent you here?" a female goblin in robe uttered as I enter in.
"yeah, heard yer in need of a treasure hunter."

"right, are you experience in Treasure hunting? For the task we have for you is not an easy one."

"yeah, yeah, I can handle it, I was a hunter for years. Treasure hunting is just the same as hunting animals. No problem!"

The small goblin shrugged her shoulder" very well, we required for the pearl of aquamarines the star sapphire bracelet to be  given to Boltpumpkin, we have intel of it's location. It is in a cave called the shadow of finching… you stated that you were a hunter?"
I nodded.
"well, this job requires you to go into a cave that is home to two ettin, we advice if you can, to just sneak in and get  the bracelet without any confrontation. Since our only interest is the bracelet and nothing more. However if you are force to fight it. Then we wish you luck. There is nothing we can do then hope that you are able to return with the bracelet from the cave and bring it it to Boltpumpkin."

I nodded,"I understand.

The goblin gesture her hand to a  ramp leading down stairs ," your payment is whatever   you can find  down stairs hopefully there is something down there that can aid you in your adventure."  she then guide her hand to  a small tavern to her left, "you may rest here for the night and next morning sort out your equipment and head to the cave of finching. May  the gods guide you in your journey. Treasure Hunter. "

After chatting with them a bit about the state of world, learning a bit about their mission, I took a rest at a small tavern. Next morning, will check below and see what kind of loot I can bring with me then I set course to the cave of finching in search of the Bracelet.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 08:13:51 pm by Luckyowl »

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 13, 2020, 03:20:33 pm »

Once the morning had arrived.  I travel deep further into the fortress. Made my way into the treasure room and meet more of those  Holy treasure folks.  I Chatted with them a bit about random stuff.

After looking around I notice, that all the armor were pretty small for me. But a glimmering shield  caught my attention. I pulled the shield from the pile and closely examined it. Looks pretty sturdy, hopefully it will help me. Along with the shield I got myself some bolts and crossbow. Just in case.

I am off to the cave of shadow of flinching I said my goodbyes  to the Holy Treasures. And they all wished me luck.

out in the forest I have my body against the tree with a map in my  hands. Planning my next move. My hope Is that I can make it to this small village called Singedtown.Chat with the locals to see what's up  and  then rest there. After that  I  will make one last pits top to a monastery and pray to the gods for my trip to be a good one and once that is done the rest is left to fate. 

I made it to Singedtown a pretty lovely hamlet that has an interesting hillside that runs across the vertical village. I talk with the folks about any trouble.

I learned from one of the folks that the High Confederacies army are on the march  to a fortress called Confusedship, held by  the Curious Horror. It seems like the army of the High confederacies are on the offensive and are trying to reclaim the fort.  Weirdly enough the march is being led by a Goblin named Gorpu Birthshack who is an overlord for one of High confederacies' military fort.

After talking with the locals . I head to the mead hall and met two other adventurers who were just passing by like me. I learned that they were on their way to Treatyseed to hunt down a dwarven vampire named,  Asmel Minepass.

I told them that I too was heading around there. So I ask them if they want to join with me and they did.

I decided to rest here. The scenery is amazing! A valley with a small bridge across. We unwind and went to get some sticks and rock to make our self a small campsite.

Later that night

Sekur the swordswoman(blue) and Tohwot the Bowman(green) are pretty cool. We agree on most of the things. Other than law. The whole conversation waves with laughter and smiles if only we had some beer to pass the time.  Within our conversation I asked Them about their mission Sekur told me that they were task to visit Some fortress called Treatyseed and She  leaned towards me and whispered in my ears

I was a bit of freaked out and ask further, but she then chuckles and act as if she never said anything about perfect horns…I am contemplating if it was the right choice to have bring them along.

I do wonder of this "evil" in Perfect Horns. I am very aware of the fallen civilization called The wall dyed. Since our emblem a square brilliant cut gem was a gift from them  back when Diveact was a small tribe.That's why The High confederacies and The wall dyed have always been close for so many years, we aided them during the great necro war. But one day they just disappear from the world for centauries and no one knows why. However I been hearing rumors about their resurgence back at Diveact. Not sure if it's true, but would be nice If it is.

I yawned and told the others that I am gonna hit the hay. They told me goodnight but both of them continued the conversation on unrelated topic. Eventually they fell asleep and our light was consumed by the night.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 03:26:48 pm by Luckyowl »

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 14, 2020, 01:26:45 pm »

welp, I am not surprise, but I  was disappointed...I mean the fight looked like it was going our way until it

I am gonna switch to fortress mode a bit and will write the events that led to my death tomorrow.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 15, 2020, 07:36:16 am »

My internet is pretty slow atm. So moving photos to Imgur is a complete drag. So I'm just go going to summerize the fight. The ettin had two artifact in it's hand, a cage and a slab. It ambushed me. I was able to dodge his initial attack. I focus most of my attacks to it's leg. The other two adventurers to my surprise  actually aided me instead of  running away like all my other adventure runs. We were able to disable one of it's arm dropping the cage from it's hand. The fight was seems to be going on our favor. I thought we would win. Then it grabbed me yanked me into the air.  and bit my head off clean... 
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 263