Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 260

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 391982 times)

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum III: Adventure mode succession game.
« Reply #315 on: July 18, 2020, 07:57:41 am »

Just add the end date a Player can pick up their save and not be skipped into the list of people waiting to play the game, Player - date (I'd also add the GMT derivative, so time zones can be figured into it.) 

Example:

Timeless Bob - April 11th (-8:00 GMT)

If I haven't picked it up by then and posted in the forum that I have the save, then I'm immediately skipped over to the next person in line, who has 24 hours to pick it up before skipping down again to the next and so on. If the Player after me couldn't pick up my save, that Player (and any others that are skipped in the process) don't lose their place in the date/time rankings, the Player who picked up the save just replaces me in Turn 16, and I take thier slot instead. Because I missed my time slot, my turn is decreased by however many days I didn't pick it up.  That way, all the dates are still exactly the same after me, and the only ones that are changed are for the Players between me and whomever was switched into my original place.

Example:

Timeless Bob - August 8th (-8:00 GMT)
NAV - August 15th (-8:00 GMT)
Glloyd - August 22nd (-8:00 GMT)
Eric Blank - August 29th (-8:00 GMT)
Th4dwArfY1 - September 5th (-8:00 GMT)
Cathar - September 12th (-8:00 GMT)
Tasoth - September 19th (-8:00 GMT)

If I haven't picked it up by August 8th at -8:00GMT and posted that I've done so in the forum, my turn is forfeit
NAV has until August 9th at -8:00GMT to pick up the save and post that they have it (assume they don't)
Glloyd has until August 10th at -8:00GMT to pick up the save and post they have it (assume they don't either)
Eric Blank has until August 11th at -8:00GMT to pick up the save and post they have it (we'll assume Eric does so)

New list:
Eric Blank - August 11th (-8:00 GMT) 8th +3 days
NAV - August 18th (-8:00 GMT) 15th +3 days
Glloyd - August 25nd (-8:00 GMT) 22nd +3 days
Timeless Bob - September 1st (-8:00 GMT) 29th +3 days (notice how my turn is shortened by 3 days because I missed it.)
Th4dwArfY1 - September 5th (-8:00 GMT) (these dates are right back on schedule, no editing needed)
Cathar - September 12th (-8:00 GMT)
Tasoth - September 19th (-8:00 GMT)
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 18, 2020, 03:21:32 pm »

I've send Tonnot98 a PM.

I generally try to avoid waiting the full week when someone does not respond, and have skipped people earlier than that, but sometimes I get distracted with real life  :)
Good to know everyone is eager to play.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 18, 2020, 07:23:27 pm »

Oh my word, I would've forgotten entirely about this if messages weren't forwarded to my Email. I'll be gladly taking my turn and exploring this new world almost completely blind. I hope I won't have to reset my save five times again because of some cockroach swarms, just to get melted by a dragon when the site finally loaded.

Any suggestions on which civ I should align myself with?
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 19, 2020, 02:14:52 am »

A lot of the story has focused on the walled dye, a dwarven civ that was nearly destroyed by necromancers centuries ago.

But there are many other stories to tell in other parts of the world. The third post in this topic has a map under the spoiler that may be usefull

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 20, 2020, 05:13:20 pm »

Ok, so still had to write the end of my last adventure.

This is starting from where I stopped, in Healerlashes.  (after having just discovered that it was inhabited by dwarves from the Staff of Kissing, a civilisation that was thought to have gone extinct):

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=175875.msg8161771#msg8161771

With that out of the way, I've signed up for a new turn.
Looking forward to Tonnot98's adventures.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 05:33:22 pm by Bralbaard »

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 21, 2020, 12:43:07 am »

The leather bound journal has no title, but it appears to be the travel diary of an elf-raised goblin named "Fidale Umberrazors"
Spoiler: 15th of Opal (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 16th of Opal (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 17th of Opal (click to show/hide)

The adventure continues...

Also wow, night trolls are a lot harder to kill than I thought. I almost exhausted myself trading blows with that thing. Anyway, here we have a goblin that's part of an elf civ. The Squeezing Fords were looking pretty neglected in their corner of the world way up north.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 10:51:56 pm by tonnot98 »
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 21, 2020, 02:52:09 am »

The leather bound journal has no title, but it appears to be the travel diary of an elf-raised goblin named "Fidale Umberrazors"
Spoiler: 15th of Opal (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 16th of Opal (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 17th of Opal (click to show/hide)

Also wow, night trolls are a lot harder to kill than I thought. I almost exhausted myself trading blows with that thing. Anyway, here we have a goblin that's part of an elf civ. The Squeezing Fords were looking pretty neglected in their corner of the world way up north.

Yeah, Night Trolls are absolute bastards at lower levels, but they tend to be more manageable once you've levelled up by beating on wildlife.

Good to see you didn't die via prat-falling in the first couple minutes of your adventure  :P. Here's hoping you do well!

Looking forward to more.
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 21, 2020, 09:32:24 pm »

I'd like to request a turn.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 21, 2020, 10:51:12 pm »

Also holy cow there are so many goddamn night trolls wandering around everywhere. If anyone ends up with a lame leg, there's a camp called "Angercrux" up north, in between a bunch of hamlets. It's got a carpenter's workshop next to a bunch of logs.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 12:47:05 am by tonnot98 »
Meow.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 22, 2020, 01:38:15 am »

I vote for the star charts!

Also, what a ridiculous amount of ambushes, the game must really hate elf-raised characters.
I'll try and add Angercrux to the map once the save game is released.

I've added Nogoodnames to the list.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 22, 2020, 03:07:27 am »

I vote for the charts. NT skulls are a dime-a-dozen in larger worlds, though the knives may be pretty nice.

Looks like you knocked over Mysterydressed. Take it you looted the armour there?

Surprised to see your companions going at each other's throats, though - didn't know that could happen in adventurer mode.

Looking forward to more, as ever.
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 22, 2020, 09:57:21 am »

Looks like you knocked over Mysterydressed. Take it you looted the armour there?
I looted some large armor to give to my human companions, but I got the steel from a goblin bandit that ambushed me alongside elves. For some reason the goblins had metal armor but wooden weapons.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 10:05:59 am by tonnot98 »
Meow.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 22, 2020, 10:31:14 pm »

Besides the goblins patrolling the territory of The Most Sins, it feels like the center regions are a lot less awful than the northern regions. But then maybe I haven't explored enough down here. Oh well, time to make a fortress!  :D

Also, I noticed a problem: The legendary wood opal teleported back to its home.

I would also like to mention that elf and dwarf populations dropped sharply, but goblin and human populations grew. I wonder how much more this will change during fortress mode?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 11:07:36 pm by tonnot98 »
Meow.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 23, 2020, 01:59:37 am »

(OOC: I got a bunch of animal starving messages from DFhack. Bralbaard, did you pasture them correctly?  :P)

What kind of treehugger would ask such a question? These animals should take care of themselves. Now excuse me while I go cut down some trees!

Anyhow, that was quite easily the most successful adventure so far. Great reading. I'll update the posts with museum submissions and other information later today. I'm still working from home and trying to fight getting distracted.

Also, I noticed a problem: The legendary wood opal teleported back to its home.

Hmm. I was afraid that would happen after the issues we had with  the necromancer slab before someone tossed it in the volcano. I'll put a warning in the rules section that artifacts are bugged. (we had the same problem during the first museum game, I think one of the artifacts in the first game had to be retrieved several times from the other end of the world. I seem to remember that items stored in containers were immune to the bug under certain conditions )
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 02:12:33 am by Bralbaard »

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 23, 2020, 10:37:33 am »

In the first game, artifacts had to be put in containers BEFORE they were transported off-site, and had to remain in those containers the entire time or transport back to their places of origin. So artifact doors and other large goods were more likely than not to teleport back.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 260