Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 263

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 408358 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum III: Adventure mode succession game.
« Reply #450 on: September 20, 2020, 05:58:52 pm »

Also, that island in the inland sea appears to have White Gold Tower on it. Do the dragonfires still burn?
I saw that too, and I might have a goal for my adventurer now.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: September 20, 2020, 08:02:24 pm »

I am Galka Fancyrocks. I am an albatross woman from the shores of the Peaceful Waters. I am a hunter. I live in the wilds, but I rest and trade my kills at Pleatedvipers, a fort with inhabitants of many shapes and colors.

They call me Fancyrocks because of my rock collection.

They weigh me down when I am flying, but I will become stronger. I fly everywhere to strengthen my wings and keep myself safe from wild dingoes. Today, I think I am strong enough.

Sometimes, the fog clears over the Peaceful Waters, and I can see very far. I see the Blanketed Spike in the distance. Today, the fog is clear. Today, I will fly there. I will see what is atop the highest peak in the world.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: September 20, 2020, 09:50:20 pm »

Okay,

So we have a number of finished adventures for which the stories have not been written down yet, and for which it is unlikely that this will happen.
We had a solution for this in the first museum game: The Historians Guild!
In the current desperate times I'm calling for this guild to come back together.

For now this is only about the second part of Cathar's turn because he has already clearly indicated that he will not be able to finish the story himself. In the future it might be used on other missing stories as well, the first post in the topic mentions which stories are still in the process of being written.

So what will happen?
Everybody who wants can dive into legends mode, to write your version of the story of Cathar's adventurer. We might end up with many conflicting versions, but that would be part of the fun. His adventurer might even have survived somewhere, or might have deposited something at the museum. Note that the fist part of the adventure has already been written down by Cathar. (the writing and art is excellent)

rules (taken from the original museum game):
1) This is only about telling the history of Cathar's turn, so don't dash of on your own adventures, and post about those, you'll have to wait for your own turn to do that. (you can however search through the museums stacks to see if anything was deposited there, if needed) Try to restrict yourself to legends mode for as much as possible.
2) Everybody can join, you don't have to be on the turn list.
3) No uploading of save games, this will run simultaneously with the main game.
4) You can submit your story/analysis until up to two weeks from this post, it can take any form, art, stories, be creative.

If Cathar decides to return, he can post his official version, and we'll laugh about everything we got wrong.

I do apologize for my continued mystery. I will take care of my bits ASAP.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: September 21, 2020, 06:22:13 am »

I'm looking forward to the stories, Timeless!

Also, that island in the inland sea appears to have White Gold Tower on it. Do the dragonfires still burn?

For reference, here is a screenshot of the mountain up close:

I was a bit enthousiastic there with the perfectworldDF map creation tools.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 06:24:51 am by Bralbaard »

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: September 21, 2020, 01:51:25 pm »

I'm looking forward to the stories, Timeless!

For reference, here is a screenshot of the mountain up close:
-snip-

I was a bit enthousiastic there with the perfectworldDF map creation tools.

Looking at it in Legends Viewer, that mountain is called The Intricate Horns of Vanishment, located in the tiny mountain biome of The Blanketed Spike. It stands at 275 tiles tall, making it tied for the 6th highest mountain in the world (although it is probably the steepest...)

For reference, during my turn I climbed the Torch of Courtesies and the Point of Heroes, which are the 3rd and 4th tallest mountains in the world, standing at 276 tiles tall. The tallest two are 278. So either way, the Intricate Horns is a big one.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 01:54:14 pm by Glloyd »

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #455 on: September 21, 2020, 02:10:15 pm »

It might not be the tallest, but it's definitely the most interesting mountain compare to the rest. I'm pretty sure the people of Orid Xem  have tales about it. I hope there's a  cave in there.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: September 21, 2020, 02:51:14 pm »

It might not be the tallest, but it's definitely the most interesting mountain compare to the rest. I'm pretty sure the people of Orid Xem  have tales about it. I hope there's a  cave in there.
There is, but nothing lives there except some dralthas, according to Legends Viewer. As for not being the tallest, how is some bird yokel going to know that?

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: September 21, 2020, 04:03:30 pm »

I noticed a few population anomalies while poking around legends viewer.

Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: September 21, 2020, 04:18:36 pm »

…Well, unless anyone has a few terabytes of RAM to spare, those places are certainly no-go. Still, those could make for some interesting storytelling opportunities, if only as background elements.
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: September 21, 2020, 04:26:11 pm »

- Random human lord

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: September 21, 2020, 05:16:40 pm »

And he has an undead army of 70 000 necro experiments at his disposal at this site? Interesting.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: September 21, 2020, 07:05:03 pm »

The fog closed in soon after I took off. It began to rain lightly. I flew all day. I ate all my fish, and drank all my water. I flew all night. Tired, hungry, and thirsty, I flew on. Gliding, barely flapping my wings. As the sun rose ahead of me, I saw it though the fog: the Blanketed Spike. Rising out of the ocean like the beak of a buried titan.

Finally, I am there! I land atop a large block of weathered stone. There is a crab here. I am very hungry and thirsty and tired.

But I need water before I eat. There are no streams here. No wells. But wait-

Caves have water.

I hate being enclosed.

I am very thirsty.

I crawl down into the cave. It is very dark, and enclosed. I do not like it.

But there is water.

Finally, at dusk, I find a tree, and sleep well past dawn.

Time to climb a mountain!

I fly up, and up, and up...

That was easy.

A souvenir.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: September 21, 2020, 08:43:00 pm »

…Well, unless anyone has a few terabytes of RAM to spare, those places are certainly no-go. Still, those could make for some interesting storytelling opportunities, if only as background elements.
I noticed a few population anomalies while poking around legends viewer.
-snip-
Meanwhile, the isolated tower of Glazedriven is building its own doomsday army:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
A rounding error compared to the millions in the north, but still more than the entire goblin population.

I went to Glazedriven during my turn in my second journal entry, the FPS was brutal and the bottom floor looked like this:

I found Cog there with no head, and one of his necromancer experiments was in an abandoned fortress to the north, and even joined my party. I portrayed Cog as a sad creature in my writeup, but maybe Cog is actually the real villain of Orid Xem, filling it with the twisted experiments that helped destroy the northern civilizations. I do wonder how he came back from the dead though.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 08:45:22 pm by Glloyd »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: September 22, 2020, 03:31:23 am »

I didn't put it on the weite up, but I'm thinking I raised Cog after beheading her.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: September 24, 2020, 02:08:44 pm »

Cog's a pretty interesting character. The only people she ever trusted were her immediate family. Of them only her firstborn son is still around, resurrected by her after he was killed by a forgotten beast. It's a shame she's made her tower inaccessible to anyone without a supercomputer and/or extreme patience. I was getting a frame every couple of minutes trying to visit there.
I will continue to believe that she stole your life force and used it to resurrect herself until proven otherwise. After all, she came back the same day you died and was the one who raised the elf that hunted you down.

My investigation into Cathar's turn is almost done. Everything's written, I just have a few more art pieces to finish. I wonder if it would be a good idea to split it into two parts since it ended up being quite long.
                        - Random human lord
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 263