Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 263

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 409576 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III adventure game
« Reply #660 on: January 08, 2021, 12:41:18 pm »

I'd say no, but it's Bralbaard's decision.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: January 08, 2021, 04:51:41 pm »

I think you can already start as a goblin? not sure if you can start from a goblin settlement, but you can get more freedom in selecting a starting site by starting with a second adventurer (as is allowed by the rules) the home town of the second adventurer seems to be the site where your adventure starts, even if it is in a different empire as the site your goblin comes from.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: January 08, 2021, 05:01:05 pm »

You can play as a goblin, but you can't be from a goblin settlement. If I add goblins as playable, we'll all be able to start from goblin settlements.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: January 09, 2021, 12:37:01 pm »

One day, a goblin went to the temple of Mata Swiftjudged in Dreadruled. It was a small but well-appointed temple, with many statues made of expensive gems and metals scattered about.

Dreadruled had a lot of history, and it was here that much of that history was stored. Many artifacts with long and storied histories were contained within.

This goblin was not here to worship. She was a young acolyte, and it was her job to clean the relics. This was a task she had done many times. She was no longer awed by the craftsdwarfship. The task had become boring.

The First Bristle had told her never to touch two of the artifacts at the same time, or something terrible would occur. The goblin did not see why, but went along with it anyway. But today she was in a hurry to finish. So she picked up the two battle axes at the same time.

And was changed.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

LONG AGO, I, DREAMYPUZZLED THE TENEBROUS OBSCURITY, ROSE FROM THE UNDERWORLD TO RULE THE KNOWING DECEIVER. I WAS A POWERFUL AND JUST RULER, AND LIFE WAS GOOD. UNTIL THE NECROMANCERS CAME. THEY BROUGHT WAR TO OUR PEACEFUL PITS. I SLEW HUNDREDS OF THEM BUT I WAS STRUCK DOWN IN THE END.

BUT BEFORE I WAS SLAIN I DIVIDED MY SOUL INTO SEVEN PIECES AND STORED THEM WITHIN SEVEN RELICS THAT I TOOK FROM THE FOUL UNDEAD. AND NOW THAT TWO PIECES OF MY SOUL HAVE COME TOGETHER WITHIN A HOST, I HAVE BEEN REBORN!

I AM DREAMYPUZZLED, AND I AM ETERNAL.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: January 11, 2021, 06:02:09 pm »

Time to add another Player Dark Lord to the list.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: January 14, 2021, 10:26:45 am »

Only just noticed Abhaar happens to be travelling with you, Flame. I wonder how Dreamypuzzled's going to react to learning it's working with a vampiric murderhobo?

More seriously, good luck with your adventure! Here's hoping that the new Dark Lord leaves quite the mark on the world!

I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: January 14, 2021, 07:18:53 pm »

Sorry for the wait everyone, I've been very busy lately.

Only just noticed Abhaar happens to be travelling with you, Flame. I wonder how Dreamypuzzled's going to react to learning it's working with a vampiric murderhobo?

More seriously, good luck with your adventure! Here's hoping that the new Dark Lord leaves quite the mark on the world!

Actually, I just used him to spawn in goblin territory. I made my adventurer, started with Abhaar as a companion, started from his location, retired there, and started again on my own. But I might pick them up as companions with your blessing.

I feel the other five pieces of my soul. One is right here!

Another is... nearby. I'm not sure exactly. It's somewhere in these pits. But my host's memory holds a hidden gem - she has seen the weapon! It's held by the lady of this fortress. I'll have to find her, then convince her to give it to me... by any means possible.

I walk north, to the castle. Climb up and down many stairs. To the top room.

Where I am greeted with this.

Do they not recognize their reborn master?

That belongs to me.

DIE FOR YOU INSOLENCE!

Ahh, my first kill in almost five hundred years! The blood is sweet. And the fourth piece of my soul is returned to me.

Now the last three... are all in one place. To the north. And I know where they are.

The tower of Heroicgem.

WHERE THOSE. WHO KILLED ME. STILL. LIVE!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 07:20:37 pm by TheFlame52 »

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: January 15, 2021, 05:31:19 am »

If you want to use them as companions, I have no objections. Good luck with Heroicgem.
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: January 17, 2021, 12:27:30 pm »

And, uh, we're here. I had a lot of crashes getting here, and I didn't take many screenshots.

That's my path. Stopped briefly at that tower to fight some zombies.

Also I picked up a companion, she's a competent macegob, and I'm going to steal her steel armor when she inevitably dies.

Roleplay time.

YOU!

Spoiler: he ded (click to show/hide)

This so-called master was weak! Where are his minions? WHERE IS MY SOUL? I'll scour this place from top to bottom!

Which didn't take as long as I thought.

Someone was here before me, and left this necromancer dismembered. A bloody iron axe lies beside the rotting corpse. It was the old master. Many artifacts lie stacked on top of the corpse. I've been robbed of my revenge. BUT I HAVE WHAT I CAME FOR!

All seven pieces of my soul are mine! But they are not united. Not yet. You see, when a weapon takes a life, a tiny part of the person's soul is cut away and becomes part of the weapon. The more soul pieces, the more "full" the weapon becomes. I must kill one hundred ensouled beings with each of these weapons, so that they become "full" enough to extract my own soul pieces from them.

I believe I'll start right here.

This place is a treasure trove. I found some steel armor and some steel bolts, for the crossbows I'll have to kill one hundred people with.

We cleansed the entire complex. Searching every barrow. Killing every hand of Planegifts we came across. Except one, which we made talk. It told us there were more necromancers in the nearby fortress of Growlring. Then we killed it anyway.

On our way there we chased down a fleeing figure, who turned out to be a necromancer as well.

I took his head.

Upon reaching the fort, we searched carefully for necromancers, keeping our ears open for any noise.

Heh heh heh.

HA HA HA!

Ah, pain always makes such a wonderful spice to a murder. How good it feels to live again!

With the necromancers exterminated, I'll have to find more people to kill who won't be noticed.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: January 19, 2021, 12:51:09 am »

A new dark lord? The heroes of this accursed world are going to be quite busy...
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: January 19, 2021, 04:15:11 am »

I don't want to be that guy, but it's been well over a week since your turn started. Do you plan on wrapping this up soon?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: January 19, 2021, 09:15:30 pm »

I don't want to be that guy, but it's been well over a week since your turn started. Do you plan on wrapping this up soon?
I know, I'm dragging on. I don't have a lot of free time but I've been doing my best. I guess I set my goal too high. I need to go to bed tonight, and I won't have any time tomorrow, but I'll get the save up Thursday. I cut my adventure short and I'm leaving the second half for another time. There's just one last think I want to do before I hand things off.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: January 21, 2021, 06:13:20 pm »

Here's the save. I couldn't do what I wanted to do. Sign me up for another turn. Final writeup soon.

https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15383

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: January 22, 2021, 07:46:34 am »

Looking forward to the rest of the story. Did you submit an item to the museum, or will that information be part of your final write up?

I've send Lukepop a message.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: January 22, 2021, 03:46:46 pm »

Looking forward to the rest of the story. Did you submit an item to the museum, or will that information be part of your final write up?

I've send Lukepop a message.
I submitted 4 of my weapons which have 100 kills. Except they teleported away, so two of them are on my character and two are at Heroicgem. So I guess I didn't actually make a contribution. Also missing from the museum is the slab from the nearby vault which belongs to Dreamypuzzled. I'll explain all of this in my writeup.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 263