Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 263

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 409777 times)

Lukepop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III adventure game
« Reply #675 on: January 24, 2021, 08:21:20 am »

Hi all, sorry  about the delay I haven't checked the forums in the past few days after refreshing daily for months lol. I'll get onto in the next few days, after I figure out how to download the save, get it all working, and re-familiarise myself with DF.
"Eva the artistically incapable swordswoman," my beginner's adventure mode story. "Beginner" in terms writing as well as DF!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177413.0

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: January 26, 2021, 06:17:27 pm »

Dostngosp is quite well-travelled, and she has been informing me on the last 500 years. She gave me more context on my own death. My defense of my home, while incredible, din't affect the course of the war very much. The Scholarly Manors were fighting five or six wars at the time, and the gains they made from their other fronts more than made up for the losses on my front. I died in 265, and the war didn't turn until the Assault of Gales in 345. A united force of humans, goblins, elves, and even dwarves took terrible losses but annihilated the necromancers' army. The necromancers would never recover, but neither would the civilized world. These days most settlements are abandoned, foul beasts roam the wilderness, and my precious Knowing Deciever is a shadow of what it was under my rule.

But what I did learn is that there are hundreds of Hands of Planegifts living in the old elven lands to the north. They form a sort of unconnected nation up there, content to be left alone and leave others alone.

I'm going to go kill them.

((Side note: I learned that all the Hands were transformed by a single necromancer, Ad Beltbutters. She wasn't part of the Scholarly Manors originally, but a different necromancer group entirely. Her plotting had gotten her imprisoned in a town in the path of the Manors' war machine. She was slain, resurrected, and joined the Manors with an entirely different brand of necromancy. That made her the only Manors necromancer capable of transforming captives. All the others simply executed and resurrected their prisoners.))

We used the underground roads to get under the mountains. We did some wandering around, but we came to the fortress of Shotgleeful on the other side. Approaching the fortress, we began to see some scattered junk, corpses, and webs.

Forgotten beast webs.

I decided to brave it anyway. We didn't explore, we simply went straight up. Luckily, the journey was short, and we made it out unharmed.

Then we walked all the way up to the former elven lands and found these guys.

Necromantic beings wearing human clothing and sitting in an elven tree. They are not soldiers, they are civilians - with their foul mistress dead, they are no threat to anyone. But I will kill them anyway. Not for the sake of the world. Not for their sake. I will kill them for my own purposes.

AND BECAUSE IT'S SO MUCH FUN!

As I slaughtered my way through the forest retreat, I came across this strange elf cowering from me.

Apparently, he represents the local elven government. These Hands are lawful Squeezing Fords citizens. Despite this, he thanked me for killing them. I don't understand, and I'm not halting my slaughter. I walked all the way here to kill some abominations, and I'm going to kill them no matter what anyone says.

We finish clearing this forest retreat, and move to the next. And behold!

One weapon sufficiently ensouled! I put it away and take out Fedlilacs. The slaughter continues.

Ha ha! Look at it go!

Two weapons ensouled! Now it's time to switch to Oceanbald. This one is an ordinary silver spear, but it was used to kill a hydra.

Three weapons. This one took longer because it was harder to kill with it. Because of that, I'm now better with the spear than I am with the axe. Now time to use Daubedhills, a mace.

Ha ha ha! Daubedhills is such a delight. It was always my favorite weapon. I killed 47 zombies with this mace before I died.

It's not even fair.

I slaughtered my way from retreat to retreat. At some point, I lost Dostngosp. I wasn't worried, as I knew where I was going, and she had been getting good enough with her mace to start stealing my kills. Then I ran into a howling freak.

Spoiler: To sum up the battle (click to show/hide)

It was a mighty struggle. The first worthy opponent I have faced since being reborn. I blinded her left eye. She broke my elbow and my ankle. Then I blinded her right eye, and broke her neck with Daubedhills. From there it was only a matter of time before she was dead.

Because of that, I decided to travel south. Far south. Daubedhills had claimed 87 lives, and I would slay a few more on my journey. I walked for weeks to reach my next goal: The vault of Cradledmartyrs, containing the slab that bears my true name. And when I arrived...

Something is wrong.

THIS PLACE IS EMPTY! MY ANGELS ARE SLAIN! MY NAME IS GONE! WHO COULD HAVE DONE THIS!?

The nearby monastery contained a single human.

He babbled something about a "museum?" What's that?

I must investigate. My search leads me to a keep less than a days walk away.

Upon entering I see it.

A Hand of Planegifts with a darkness in its eyes.

Decked in armor looted from my vault...

Bearing weapons that have slain gods, monsters, and demons alike...

And coated in the blood of my own brothers.

I will have my revenge. But I am not yet equal to the task.

I will leave, and prepare myself for our battle. But first, a little gift.

The four weapons which I have completed. They will only weigh me down. For now, I will return to my people and reclaim my title of Master. Until it is time.[/b][/color]

((Final note: Trying to become master was what took me so long. I ultimately failed, but only because the master went missing. I think she's in one of the refugee camps that crash the game when approached. Also, my weapons teleported back to their original hiding spots and I'll probably have to get them again next turn. The name slab is also completely missing, unless it's not in Boltspumpkin or Cradledmartyrs at all. Finally, Quantum Drop, do I have permission to kill Lonelythrall at the end of my next turn?))

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: January 27, 2021, 04:38:57 pm »

I'm going to say 'Maybe' on that - will have to think on it some more, since there's a few things involving him that I have in mind.
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: January 28, 2021, 04:32:58 pm »

I'm going to say 'Maybe' on that - will have to think on it some more, since there's a few things involving him that I have in mind.
Fair enough. And even if I do fight him, there's no guarantee I even win.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: February 01, 2021, 04:30:56 pm »

The Chronicles of the Adventurers of The Grand Museum of Boltspumpkin

In the spirit of kesperan's original list in the first Museum, I have put the overall exploits of the adventurers of Boltspumpkin and their ultimate fates into this table. I will do my best to update it to reflect subsequent turns; if there are any errors or objections, let me know and I will try to rectify them.

Spoiler: Notes on Categories (click to show/hide)

Enjoy!

PlayerNameTitleRaceDescriptionBorn DiedAge at deathCause of deathNotable KillsForgotten Beasts/Titans slainNight Creatures & SMBMegabeasts slainAngels slainDemons slain
BralbaardBralbaard Hammerfishesthe YawningDwarfMale Dark One63885874Struck down by Pis Meadowshaft the Mucuses of Raunch in 712; raised as a dark one by Urus Ghostumbral. Said to have been struck down by a goblin during The Angry Onslaught of Monsters in 8588. Rumoured to have risen in 894; current whereabouts unknown.500000
ImicImic HeatherwindMoth ManMale67870022Struck down by Unlo Goredyell, goblin spearman. Remains interred in Herograves by Braalbard Hammerfishes the Yawning.100000
EmilovichBil Hammertomethe Fierce Spots of CrystalHumanMale67173867Died of old age, having retired in Treatyseed.500000
Quantum DropKom 'QD' Ironwhisperedthe Problematic RipperBlack Mamba ManMale68274563Died of old age, having retired in Treatyseed.500000
Timeless BobAshro Scufflegrowlsthe Slick Bends of IvyDwarfMale64270664Struck down by Kok Savechambers, elf lasher. Skull interred in the Library of Whispers by Urus Ghostumbral the Cold Abbey of Knowing.1000000
DwarvenLordZasit BrasshelpedHumanMale678792114Died of old age, having retired in Treatyseed.000000
Eric BlankDoñas Silenttowersthe Ominous Hoary ZenithHumanMale Necromancer67970526Bled to death after striking down the taiga titan Ozob Mintbears the Rosy Swamps. Remains interred in Herograves by Braalbard Hammerfishes the Yawning.4715100
Th4dwArfY1Th4dwarfy1 ShieldtempestsDwarfMale Necromancer62571085Struck down by the elf hollow hunter Evala Blazedjudged.101000
SuperdorfTekkud Thunderfistthe Bands of SocietyDwarfMale64671266Drowned somewhere in The Peaceful Waters.900000
TheFlame52Abpa GlitterironsHumanMale68675064Died of old age, having retired in Strifefularmour.000000
CatharPictham Contestlabored'the Thrice-Cursed'HumanFemale68371229Struck down by the zombie goblin Handleran. One version of her story is detailed in Sunflower: A Found History, by Leto Searchpraise.403000
Luckyowl Thon ScaroneHumanMale68271230Struck down by the ettin Zoku Knightedsheen the Sensual Silk-Call. Remains (sans his head) interred in Herograves by Braalbard Hammerfishes the Yawning.0013000
YarligLic OrderbloodHumanMale68271432Struck down by the howling freak Usmdas Duskdies the Night of Shades.000000
ImicLogen GreyseerDwarfMale63171483Bled to death due to an attack by the murderous alligator Purgedsaved.000000
Tonnot98Fidale Umberrazorsthe Sorcerous ViseGoblinFemale Vampire462769307Fell into a deep chasm in the lost fortress of The Abyssal Sanctuary. Remains entirely unrecoverable.141129001
Quantum DropLonelythrallthe HideousHand of PlanegiftsMale547--Alive as of the present, having settled in Boltspumpkin. Rumoured animosity with the goblin Dreamypuzzled the Eternal-Soul.441324475124
Timeless BobTwoflower ScrapehandledHumanMale72175433Struck down by the howling freak Momuz Diecrypt the Umbral Bone000000
GlloydGlloyd Ancientbornthe RoundHumanMale Necromancer701--Alive as of the present, settled in Mountaincrest the Last Shelter; founder and resident of the Shelter of Adventures.6507050
Eric BlankTipi Fatewalks ElfFemale445727282Struck down by the dwarf Fiendish Soot Husk Ber Channeledoracle the Spread.000000
Th4dwArfY1Tirist CrescentgoldsDamselfly ManMale70673327Struck down by the goblin Song Malignedsculpted.000000
TasothErush PagelinedDwarfMale664828164Alive as of the present, retired in Knifesteamy.000000
TasothNish SingetombDwarfFemale675--Alive as of the present. Travelling companion of Erush Pagelined.000000
TheFlame52Galka FancyrocksAlbatross ManFemale70178180Died of old age, having retired in Treatyseed. Former countess of The Walled Dye.000000
IonmatrixEgesh Clinchedhidethe Helmed Teacher of PalisadesHumanFemale70973526Struck down by the human lasher Sapa Sweetnessclash.500000
Travis BickleUrdim BrasslettersDwarfMale66973566Suffocated, having been mortally wounded by the grizzly bear Cherishedfame.000000
YarligNocam Crabhawksthe Tender TrenchesCougar ManMale70673529Struck down by the forgotten beast Thol Smoulderedfungi the Languishing.1202000
ImicOnol RushlightDwarfMale65873577Vanished into the depths of the world beneath Pastimegears (Starved).000000
BraalbardRaki Umberclanthe BulbousLion Tamarin ManMale72274624Committed ritual suicide under the full moon (Starved). Raised as a Fell One by Irthu Bladebroken the Famine of Fate. Fell into a deep chasm in the underworld beneath Ironwards the Strifeful Hollows.310272000
NogoodnamesVadane AncienttressElfMale525747222Bled to death, slain by the howling freak Unu Tunneledshades the Dusk of Oblivion. Remains interred in Herograves by Fidale Umberrazors.000000
NogoodnamesLaci BeakscaldMagpie ManFemale71274735Strangled by the howling freak Unu Tunneledshades the Dusk of Oblivion.000000
GlloydIden Bloodinkedthe Mire of CitiesHumanMale Hollow Zombie72674923Bled to death after slaying the charcoal brute Pis Meadowshafts the Mucuses of Raunch with a wooden crutch; raised as a hollow zombie by Urus Ghostumbral the Cold Abbey of Knowing. Struck down by the Warrior of Udir Icu Skirtedmaligns in the vault of Coverashes.68502405641
Eric BlankPik Planecalmthe Singed Saffron of BristlingHumanMale Werejackal Necromancer Necromancer Necromancer Necromancer Gaunt Corpse72574924Drowned in The Exalted Forests; raised by Desli as a gaunt corpse. Settled in the camp of Jackalhide as of the present.10703000
Eric BlankDesli Wanedhummedthe Beautiful IntricaciesWolf ManFemale Werejackal Necromancer Necromancer Necromancer Necromancer Gaunt Corpse72174928Drowned in The Exalted Forests; raised by Pik as a gaunt corpse. Settled in the camp of Jackalhide as of the present.98167000
Quantum DropUrus Ghostumbralthe Cold Abbey of KnowingHumanMale Vampire Necromancer Necromancer Necromancer Necromancer Necromancer Necromancer721--Alive at the present. Settled at the Shelter of Adventures.113504200
Quantum DropKetas Immortalitydestinedthe Imprisoned Visions of BattleHumanFemale Vampire731--Alive at the present. Settled at the Shelter of Adventures.40101000
Quantum DropAbhaar Lungdespairthe Blood-Nettle of MeditationHumanMale Vampire720--Alive at the present. Settled at the Shelter of Adventures.353020000
LuckyowlArtha PeacefulsongHumanFemale Necromancer730--Alive at the present, having settled in Divedact.000000
TheFlame52Dreamypuzzledthe Eternal-SoulGoblin (Demon-possessed)Female572--Alive at the present, having settled in Dreadruled. Rumoured animosity with Lonelythrall the Hideous.2560228000
YarligNomthe CheeseGorlakMale Necromancer716--Alive at the present. Current whereabouts unknown.000000
YarligErith Whippedumbralthe Granite Gears of AquamarineDwarfFemale Vampire Cold Slayer Gaunt Corpse(?)6778116134Burned alive in Burnedmurdered; raised as a cold slayer by Nom the Cheese. Slain by an Angel after being cursed by a Necromancer. Raised as a gaunt corpse by unknown forces. Met final death at the hands of the dwarf Bim Pageswelters the Accidental, during The Strifeful Assault at Coveredashes.3050400104
ImicSolon RiftworksDwarfMale68075575Struck down by the winged fiend Burialash the Dead in the lost fortress of Gor.000000
NogoodnamesArcturus Cinderfangthe Hoary Merchant of AdventureBlack Bear ManMale74382582Died of old age, having settled in Northcamp.125112000
Quantum DropIrthu Bladebrokenthe Famine of FateHumanMale Vampire Necromancer Necromancer Fell One73976930Bled to death, slain in a rage by Athama Stalkhandled. Raised as a fell one by Ragnar Ironjaw; currently settled at the Shelter of Adventures.141000081
Quantum DropAthama Stalkhandledthe Old Metal BladeElfMale Vampire Fell One601769168Bled to death, slain by Irthu Bladebroken. Raised as a fell one by Irthu Bladebroken; currently settled at the Shelter of Adventures.630000141
Quantum DropRagnar Ironjawthe Mournful Strikes of BroilingHumanMale Vampire Necromancer Fell One74276927Bled to death, slain by Irthu Bladebroken. Raised as a fell one moments later by Irthu; currently settled at the Shelter of Adventures.650000166
Lurker ZLurker LockkingdomHumanMale74479450Struck down in Swordgleamed by the human Themsol Reignglad with a copper war hammer.201000
YarligBolan Quickpaintedthe Good UncleSnail ManMale Putrid Ghoul73977031Bled to death in Cradledmartyrs. Raised as a putrid ghoul by Hannibal Valleyball the Fortunate Depth of Tresses.000000
ImicObok StakeglazedDwarfMale712815103Struck down by the dwarf Lorbam Flashlanced the Even Conqueror of Theater in Ancientknowledge the Library of Secrets with a bronze pick.000000
ImicKadol PrincesspageDwarfMale717--Alive at the present, settled in Boltspumpkin.000000
BluarianKnightHelhock LearnedbakedWolf ManMale75572827Died of old age, settled in Faithtalk.000000
BluarianKnightKima LakeveilHumanFemale75081565Died of old age, settled in Cleanheld.000000
BluarianKnightSema SplattersoundsHumanFemale75878022Struck down in Confusedship by the Fist of Plantersilks Snang Dreadfuldrum.100000
Quantum DropNethrez Rampartspiralthe Quick Tunnel of MiningAlligator ManMale Necromancer Vampire75179443Struck down in Wraithbreaths by the Dwarf Unib Splashedhall the Help of Shrivelling during The Molten Sieges.3032480059
Eric BlankTequil TemplejuggleHumanMale76578722Encased in the ice of a frozen river, somewhere in The Quick Steppes.000000
YarligHannibal Valleyballthe Fortunate Depths of TressesCapybara manMale Necromancer Necromancer Necromancer Necromancer Blighted Thrall Suspected Fiendish Soot Husk576279735Encased in the ice of The Lake of Glens. Primogenitor to numerous ghouls.32026000
Quantum DropKosoth Salvesankthe Kindled Worshipper of SittingDwarfMale Blighted Thrall73279765Succumbed to the effects of the Obin Blight in the camp of Ghoulcreeks (starved).264095002
Quantum DropKetas Indigovaultedthe KindHumanMale Necromancer Necromancer Necromancer Necromancer Vampire Fiendish Soot Husk775--Currently settled in the camp of Ghoulcreeks.202095004
Lurker ZKivish GranitechannelsDwarfMale72379976Struck down by the human Lasiv Focusedawn Flaxplays.000000
UnravellerGalka Kinddrummedthe Tiled Periwinkle of HealingHumanMale Vampire766--Alive, currently settled in The Tower of Silence.82076000
Eric BlankSuril Copperscarredthe BloatedHand of PlanegiftsMale Necromancer604--Alive, currently settled in Wheatbrands.139025000
Quantum DropRekthor Lulledhamesthe Fuchsia Colour of RoomsDwarfMale726--Alive, currently settled in the camp of Shadecavern the Deep Chasm.39107600113
KesperanMoldath Mournstaintsthe ArdentDwarfMale Vampire Necromancer Necromancer Necromancer Necromancer Necromancer Necromancer Necromancer Necromancer Fell One728--Alive, currently settled in the fortress of Stockadeoutrage.414723914047
AvolitionBritAvo Lastonethe ViolentKoboldMale Vampire736--Alive, currently settled in the fortress of Ancientknowledge the Library of Secrets.3807000
Lurker ZBomrek HandmirroredSoldier of NightMale489824335Starved to death in the fortress of Palacework.000000
ChaospotatoEzif BluewaveHumanMale Necromancer Vampire791--Alive, currently settled in the Tower of Glazedriven.200000
KesperanKajeth Fatecryptsthe Unholy Balance of FrothHumanMale Necromancer80282624Struck down in Monkeycurse by Moldath Mournsaints the Ardent.200000
AvolitionBritAvolition Holybloodthe Autumnal KingdomsBark Scorpion ManMale Vampire Necromancer Necromancer Necromancer Necromancer Necromancer Necromancer Necromancer Necromancer Necromancer795--Alive, presently settled in the hamlet of Lawtaker. Law-giver of The Armored Confederacy.1300001172000
Tonnot98Urist IronhaleDwarfFemale689831142Encased in ice, somewhere in The Flickering Dunes000000
Lurker ZUrdim FishringedSoldier of NightFemale490837142Struck down by the human Eko Tiredlegend in The Kindled Jungles.100000
NogoodnamesRovod ClasharchGorlakMale79484248Struck down by the Freak of Twilight Blighted Thrall Vesh Fatalfate the Sable in Pricerings.200000
BralbaardYufluggus CavernslidesKoboldMale78384259Crushed beneath a drawbridge in Sealsabres.200000
UnravellerAmala Fragrantshaftthe Reticence of TurmoilHumanFemale81384532Took her own life in the camp of Quietden. (Starved).7800000
Quantum DropVafice Wispcryptthe Assaulted WomanElfFemale576845269Bled to death in the hamlet of Toothsneaked, slain with an iron axe by the Blighted Thrall Cobar Twinkledseas.24020000
AvolitionBritTosace SkunkbegunPenguin ManFemale82584924Struck down by the goblin Cadap Boardsnarl in The Exalted Forests.000000
AvolitionBritVutok SharkpalacePlump Helmet ManFemale82284927Struck down by the human Eko Tiredlegend with a donkey leather shoe in The Bearded Horns.000000
AvolitionBritOddom IvorytombsPlump Helmet ManFemale81584934Struck down by the human Eko Tiredlegend with a donkey leather shoe in The Bearded Horns.000000
MaloyMaloy CraftsoarsWolf ManMale836--Alive, presently settled in the castle of Boltspumpkin.000000
Bluarianknight Lidya DreamsbiteHumanFemale837--Alive, presently settled in the hamlet of Roundedwoman.201000
Bluarianknight Ahang MatchlaborBlack Bear ManMale843--Alive, presently settled in the fortress of Waterdeeps.401000
Lurker ZUrist FoundexitsHumanMale83486430Struck down in the hamlet of Weatherponder by the human blighted thrall Adi Wallivory the Holiness of Blame.000000
Tonnot98Yawo Rainstirthe Bane of MeannessElfFemale678--Alive, settled in the forest retreat of Jawbride.7805000
Bralbaard Midas SquarewheelHumanMale840--Alive, settled in the fortress of Healerlashes.000000
WonderPsychoZal TrussedhoursKoboldMale79387279Struck down by the Howling Freak Unu Tunnelburies in Fountaineyes.000000
WonderPsychoNushrat UntowardbulbousKoboldFemale81687279Died under mysterious circumstances in The Hills of Decline (starved).000000
WonderPsychoZosto TallbleachesKoboldFemale818--Alive, location unknown.000000
UnravellerJas Gloryagethe WorshipfulHumanMale852--Alive, settled in the fortress of Silverthrone. Present Law-giver of the Realm of Silver and former lord of the Band of Wax9.7210180000
NogoodnamesLeto Searchpraisethe AzureHumanMale Vampire853--Alive, settled in the castle of Boltspumpkin.500000
NogoodnamesDana HailmurdersDwarfFemale801--Alive, settled in the castle of Boltspumpkin.303000
NogoodnamesJuvar ScarsungHumanMale855--Alive, settled in the castle of Boltspumpkin.000000
Quantum DropEhhu Futureghoulsthe Everlasting Pearls of LightningHumanMale Blighted Thrall Necromancer84787932Committed suicide in the fortress of Silverthrone following infection by the Obin Blight (Starved.)36020001
Quantum DropAril Vesseleyes the Greatest Mansion of GleamingHumanMale Necromancer857--Alive, whereabouts unknown.42025001
Quantum DropCitoj Creatureconstruct the Cavernous SweatHand of PlanegiftsMale Blighted Thrall700879179Struck down by Ehhu Futureghouls the Everlasting Pearls of Lightning during the Battle of Silverthrone.1203000
MaloyArthur MossdiamondElfMale709--Alive, settled in the town of Incenseorder.000000
MaloyMiaralei ShakenfursElfFemale643--Alive, settled in the town of Incenseorder.000000
MaloyOspum SecretivereleasedKoboldMale827--Alive, settled in the town of Incenseorder.000000
KesperanKothvir Shadowstarthe Black RavenHumanMale Necromancer851--Alive, settled in the hamlet of Metalspread.2980110000
Bluarianknight Elen RopemirrorHumanFemale85188534Slain in the fortress of Confusedships, at the hands of the Goblin Blighted Thrall Ber Cursesink.000000
Bluarianknight Degel WheelurgesHumanFemale Blighted Thrall85288533Slain in the fortress of Confusedships, at the hands of the Goblin Blighted Thrall Ber Cursesink.000000
BralbaardBor MazeconstructHumanMale Necromancer860-Alive, settled in the camp of Eldergrave.000000
YarligJamas Twistedstarthe God-ForsakenMoose ManMale Necromancer Necromancer Necromancer860-Alive, settled in the hamlet of Obeybreads.153108000

1: ‘thrall cleared the entirety of one Vault; as the Vault is stated to contain exactly 75 Angels total and all were destroyed in his attack, I have awarded him full points.
2: Telling how many of Raki’s Night Creature kills were intentional is difficult, due to the messy nature of his bites and the tendency of foes to explode when hit by a weremammoth. For the sake of simplicity, I am considering all of them to be intentional kills.
3: The ettin actually suffocated 43 years after killing Thon Scarone, due to its wounds never registering until long after his demise. Since Scarone nonetheless dealt the mortal wound to the creature, I am counting this as a (very delayed) kill on LuckyOwl's part.
4: To be exact, legends indicates that 34 workers, 20 warriors, and the archangel all died to his hand.
5: For some reason, neither LV nor regular legends mode seem to recognise husks - the 'Fiendish Soot Husk' bit is not added to their race, and their history has no mention of it. Due to this and Hannibal being both dead and almost impossible to find, his husking is difficult to confirm or disprove.
6: As Erith has died thrice (twice in 755, once in 811) and slashes cause it to look untidy, only the latest date of death has been displayed.
7: As of Orid Xem's Year 872, this gives AvolitionBrit the greatest number of notable kills in all of the Museum games so far. Bravo!
8: "Said" to have been struck down, since he's still around somehow - Legends shows him as having died but he's still running around the fortress where he fell as some kind of weird, impossible-to-interact-with semi-ghost. Mysterious!
9: While the other adventurers of the Band of Wax were technically player-controlled via dfhack's bodyswap command, I have omitted the remainder on Unraveller's advice to cut down on table bloat. For the curious, the others can be found in LV as Jol Wiltloaf, Eman Moistnesschanced the Systemic Stalker of Hailing, Quenir Farmedglazes, Imi Jewlscraped, and Destis Sisterbreeches.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2022, 03:10:47 am by Quantum Drop »
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: February 01, 2021, 04:58:26 pm »

We've passed so much time that the early adventurers are dying of old age. This is where things get interesting.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: February 04, 2021, 02:28:29 am »

The Chronicles of the Adventurers of The Grand Museum of Boltspumpkin

In the spirit of kesperan's orginal list in the first Museum, I have put the overall exploits of the adventurers of Boltspumpkin and their ultimate fates into this table. I will do my best to update it to reflect subsequent turns; if there are any errors or objections, let me know and I will try to rectify them.

I'll link that from the first post if you don't mind. Amazing work.

Also Lukepop, could you try to finish and upload the save game? It's been over a week.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #682 on: February 04, 2021, 05:58:13 am »

I just read nogoodname's story and oh my god I missed that completely. Thanks for the legend digging and thanks a lot for giving my girl closure - and apologies for having my knees snap under self imposed pressure. I'm not worthy oTL

Before it happened, I had indeed produced a couple more pictures (in spoilers) that you may use or not at your absolute discretion.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: February 04, 2021, 04:04:50 pm »

Also Lukepop, could you try to finish and upload the save game? It's been over a week.

They haven't posted an entry yet, and they haven't been active in a few days, so it might be necessary to skip to the next person.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: February 06, 2021, 09:38:47 am »

I just read nogoodname's story and oh my god I missed that completely. Thanks for the legend digging and thanks a lot for giving my girl closure - and apologies for having my knees snap under self imposed pressure. I'm not worthy oTL

Before it happened, I had indeed produced a couple more pictures (in spoilers) that you may use or not at your absolute discretion.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well, my interpretation of Ngethac seems to have been a little off, ha ha.

Those pictures are awesome, Cathar! I'll edit them into my post.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: February 06, 2021, 05:30:58 pm »

Four adventurers slain by Howling Freaks! I kept running into those damned things at every turn up in the north!
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: February 06, 2021, 05:46:04 pm »

Yeah, that's how Iden lost his leg. Those things can be deadly, and they're all over the north.

Also, at this point I think Lukepop should be skipped and we should move on. They've had plenty of time, and we need to keep things moving along.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 05:47:45 pm by Glloyd »

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: February 06, 2021, 05:46:25 pm »

Four adventurers slain by Howling Freaks! I kept running into those damned things at every turn up in the north!
Out of curiosity, were they wandering (showing up as * on the map) or were you just finding lairs everywhere? Would be interesting to see how Night Troll placement in the north compares to the Tundra of Heroes (which is like walking over a teenager's face, except with lairs instead of acne).

Also, I feel we should move on to Th4dwArfY1. It's been two weeks (roughly) since Lukepop started, and there hasn't been a peep from them.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: February 06, 2021, 06:03:34 pm »

Out of curiosity, were they wandering (showing up as * on the map) or were you just finding lairs everywhere? Would be interesting to see how Night Troll placement in the north compares to the Tundra of Heroes (which is like walking over a teenager's face, except with lairs instead of acne).

Also, I feel we should move on to Th4dwArfY1. It's been two weeks (roughly) since Lukepop started, and there hasn't been a peep from them.
One lair that I sought out, the rest ambushed me sometimes in pairs.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: February 07, 2021, 03:50:31 am »

No response from Lukepop, we'll move on.

It's probably a good idea to move to the new DF release, if we are lucky it may make the game a bit more stable.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 04:04:44 am by Bralbaard »
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 263