Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 263

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 409472 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game
« Reply #930 on: June 11, 2021, 06:33:14 pm »

It wasn't criticism. I usually end up damn near running out of time on my turns.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: June 11, 2021, 09:50:39 pm »

It wasn't criticism. I usually end up damn near running out of time on my turns.
I didn't think it was criticism, but my irl speech patterns combined with my tendency to emulate my speech patterns to a sometimes disturbing degree when communicating online probably gave that impression, apologies for that. It was more me being exasperated at my own turn. Sorry, again.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: June 12, 2021, 03:03:50 am »

hello yes I want to join
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: June 12, 2021, 08:20:21 am »

I didn't think it was criticism, but my irl speech patterns combined with my tendency to emulate my speech patterns to a sometimes disturbing degree when communicating online probably gave that impression, apologies for that. It was more me being exasperated at my own turn. Sorry, again.
You're fine, I do the same thing. :P

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: June 13, 2021, 07:09:16 am »

My writing pattern during my turn was probably worse than anything I've ever written before, so, it happens. Can't even blame it on nerves, I'm a pretty calm person.

Your story's ok. I appreciate the effort you put into what you think was an insta-death turn. I'd have just maybe posted the character's backstory then the death screen and jumped into the fortress building.

Good luck with your fortress.

Waaaaaaaaait, why the hells is that guard taking you to Palacework? I think he's a fraud unless someone reclaimed it, Palacework was the capital of The Matched Hame and the civ got ganked in 236 by their homebrewed necromancer.
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: June 13, 2021, 08:01:35 am »

"Keep moving!"

It wasn't the first Night creature they had seen around Palacework, but it was the first to come this close. In a few minutes, the pair and the dog Olin were behind a tree, panting and gasping for breath as quietly as they could manage. Kadol was the first to speak.

"What the fuck was that?"
"Don't know. Never seen one that close before."

Kadol peeked out past the tree, stroking Olin for comfort. They looked like Dwarves... Did they? He wasn't sure. They hadn't mentioned this when they sent him south.
"Why didn't you warn me if you knew they were here?"
"I didn't know this was their stomping grounds! No-one ever comes here, not anymore."
Kadol sighed and sat back down, back against the tree. The coast was clear.
"You live here. Sorry- lived here. Do you think it's a risk we should take?"
"You're the one who doesn't want to cross the mountains..."
Kadol gave him the evil eye.
"... Okay, I... It could have food, or it could have death. Or neither. Or both. Do we have enough food to last a full journey around the mountains?"
Kadol checked his bag and shook his head.
"... Why did they send you here? Why you of all people? You don't even have the rations to get home with you... alright, food risk it is. Let's make this quick."

"Is the coast clear?"
Kadol peeked in, and scanned the entrance hall. There wasn't even the faintest sign of activity.
"Yeah, it's clear. Probably. C'mon, we have some food to steal."
"... Kadol, c'mover here."
"What?"
"There's a library here."

"Looks like it's been looted already."
"Not entirely. There's one scroll left, at least."
"Take a look upstairs, maybe?"
"Sure."

"Obok, what was that?"
"Another scroll."
"... Bit shiny for a scroll, don't you think?"
"It's just a metal roller, Kadol."
"... Huh. Let me have a look at it later, it might be worth something."
"... Sure."

"Food."
"There's not much of it."
"It'll be enough, there's only two of us."
"... Where's the food come from? It can't be from the Dwarves who used to own it, they're been gone for hundreds... of... years..."
Their eyes met. They shared a vision of the... creatures... outside.
"They won't miss it. If they do, we'll be long gone before they realise any of it's gone. They probably just keep it around for nostalgia."
"... Can... they... even feel nostalgia?"
"... Just pick up the food and let's get out of here."
"Will we be stopping off at the other Monastery?"
Kadol gave Obok a glare.
"No."
« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 08:52:34 am by Imic »
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: June 13, 2021, 12:23:08 pm »

[sarcasm]Ah, well, that makes it all better. I retract all my objections, everything is going to be juuuuuuuust fine.[/sarcasm]

"... Where's the food come from? It can't be from the Dwarves who used to own it, they're been gone for hundreds... of... years..."
I always wondered that too. Abandoned sites have trade depots with food hundred of years old that for some reason hasn't rotted.

Well, have a nice meal and a nice death with that.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: June 14, 2021, 07:03:41 pm »

It's obviously a coding oversight. But for amusements sake it could be undead with nostalgia/needing something to keep them occupied, or worshippers of the forgotten beasts, titans or megabeasts (as people do worship them) leaving offerings. Or it could be animal people tribes and other wanderers leaving either offerings for what they may believe to be an altar to some sort of deity, or using it as a sort of safekeeping/goods cache they can fall back on in hard times. Or animal people use it to trade with one another in absentia in a semi-formalized manner, where I leave something there I don't need, if you're willing to take it, leave behind something of roughly equal value, that sort of thing.

But that doesn't explain the cheese. Who the hell is taking the time to make fucking cheese in the wilderness? I guess technically you could leave some milk in an animals stomach to make a sort of feta cheese, and just leaving it in the depot could accomplish that...
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 07:06:29 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: June 15, 2021, 08:46:32 am »

It's obviously a coding oversight.
For me it's obviously an adventure mode reward system (maybe even a reclaiming reward system). The adventurer runs through wild terrain, hungry, thirsty and tired and finally finds an abandoned fortress. Either before or after they find it, they must deal with the boss that destroyed said fortress, either megabeasts, foul undead, evil goblins or wretched elves. They finally find the abandoned depot... and just find crafts and weapons?! What kind of reward is this? They're dead on their feet, they need sustenance now. So wonder of wonders when there really is food in the depot. Armok finally smiles upon them this day!

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: June 15, 2021, 02:12:16 pm »

How do I join?
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: June 15, 2021, 02:16:09 pm »

How do I join?
Send Bralbaard a private message, ask him to add you to the turn list. Usually we'd just ask in the thread, but he doesn't always see everyone.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: June 15, 2021, 07:38:56 pm »

I meant to add another update today, but the Fort has been having technical difficulties, it is currently half one in the morning, and I have gone insane over this bloody Fortress. If I don't hand the save in on friday, assume that I've snapped and gone on a killing spree.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: June 16, 2021, 05:58:01 am »

If I don't hand the save in on friday, assume that I've snapped and gone on a killing spree.
In-game, right?
*wearily watches people in suits behind computer(s)*
Well, good luck, I wish you a great fort building result.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: June 18, 2021, 08:51:58 am »

How do I join?
Send Bralbaard a private message, ask him to add you to the turn list. Usually we'd just ask in the thread, but he doesn't always see everyone.

I have updated the turn list. Now we just have to wait untill Imic returns from his killing spree.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: June 19, 2021, 09:27:24 am »

I think he's maybe gone berserk at this point.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 263