Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 263

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 409534 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game
« Reply #945 on: June 19, 2021, 09:05:41 pm »

It is done.

I have seen terrible things. I have done terrible, shameful things. But, for the first time in centuries;

The Walled Dye has a Mountainhome.

Not a dark, featureless cave.

Not a nearly empty ruin, silent save a lonely handful of souls.

Not even Treatyseed, the monument to a thousand lost souls in the infinite slaughter of its deep, cursed halls.

Beneath the mountains, life has flourished. Those who forgot the Dwarves shall remember them. Soon enough.

My official contribution to the Museum is a bar of steel, taken from the magma forges of the Mountainhome. Once, this metal was thought lost. Once, its secrets were known only to a select few Dwarven elders. Once, the steel that existed in the world was all the steel that ever would exist, that ever could exist, and every lost scrap was a loss worth its weight in gold. Now, all across Dwarvendom, the blast furnaces roar, and like the Dwarves themselves, it has returned, and in force. Let the world look on the truest treasure of the Dwarves: Not gold, not gems, nor even the cursed cloth-metal of the great beneath - The true treasure of the Dwarves is steel. Steel for tools and armour, steel for nails and buckets. Strong, sharp, flexible, and practical. Wars were not won with gems or trinkets. Fortresses were not kept standing with soft, malleable gold. Now and forever, since the dawn of time until the end of days, steel is the legacy of the Dwarves. So it shall always be.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And  now, at long last, after thoroughly losing my sanity to this game for questionable reward, I can rest.
Dies
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: June 19, 2021, 11:05:57 pm »

That is an achievement for sure, and I can't wait to see somebody go explore it. Dare I ask what year it is now?

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: June 20, 2021, 12:45:01 am »

By the gods.

Give me a bit and I'll claim the file - got caught in slight business, officially claiming either today or tomorrow at the very latest.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: June 20, 2021, 03:18:13 am »

Good god above. Considering how good your last works were when uninhabited, I can't wait to see what these ones'll look like!
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: June 20, 2021, 06:47:06 am »

Dare I ask what year it is now?
It is the year 780. I saved and retired the Fort on the first of granite, Obok and Kadol set off for Boltspumpkim two weeks later, and they arrived two or three days after that, so it’s still in the very early days of the decade now.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: June 20, 2021, 08:34:52 am »

Welp, congrats and all, but let's hope it still runs at all lol.

24 new artifacts and 4 thousand new "Art", whatever that means. Over 600 new historical figures, which means either discovered or born.

4 events discovered from the First Age of Myth (roughly 1st century) and 8 from the Third Age of Myth (the big chunk between 2nd and 8th century).

Almost 10 thousand new events created.

Still in Age of Heroes.

I'll say that's a lot.

Congrats once again and for infusing new life into this thread.

Huh, my char became the lord of Nodduli and the High Priest of one of the religions of... Dunem Meteosman? Weird. He's still officially just a worshiper of Bikdá.

Check your chars, folks, 10 years is enough time for some changes.

Lonelythrall finally became a Leader of a group too. Should have happened decades ago considering his achievements.

Nish Singetomb* finally became a Baron of The Walled Dye.

Uhhhh, did Iden know that settling in a Vault is going to get him killed next month? Cuz he got killed next month.

Leto Searchpraise* changed (noble) professions. I assume he went up the ladder. Or he just likes beasts better than building.

Also our adventurers are starting to claim artifacts from afar. Oooooooooooh boy, that's going to create some drama.

New Omon Obin Law-Giver, and it's a werebitmammoth.

Uja, the vampire former Law-Giver I confronted settled in my character's hometown, Señamatem.

Gods damn it, guys, what the hells are you doing? Exiling me to swamp country while you go back to your dark creature worship?! %#%^#%^#%^#%^%$#$%@$

*I don't know all of who's the adventurer of who, I'm just browsing the still living adventurers in Legends Viewer.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 09:14:03 am by Lurker Z »
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: June 20, 2021, 10:26:02 am »

-snip-
The art is probably engravings, statues, figurines, etc. around ~40 or so children were born in the Mountainhome, and the artifacts were either all or mostly me. The best one, a native aluminum harp, actually got stolen, so... I’m going to officially put out a bounty for the artifact native aluminium harp-like instrument created in the Mountainhome and stolen by a visiting Goblin working with a local Miner. I can’t currently access my PC and I won’t be able to for the next week, so I don’t have the names, at least not right now. The selection isn’t great, but whomsoever is able to retrieve the artifact may take a book or artifact from the Mountainhome’s own library/museum. Like I said, the selection isn’t great, but hopefully it’s good enough.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: June 20, 2021, 04:16:40 pm »

So I have updated the map of Orid Xem(in spoilers, because it's big)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's interesting to see that the northern half of the map is almost completely overcrowded with sites, but the south is almost pristine.
In addition here is an update of the demographics for the the Universes of Myth:

I'll add the missing harp to the missions section.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: June 20, 2021, 05:07:49 pm »

Aw man, Championvaults isn't the mountainhome anymore :(

Good job on the mountainhoming.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: June 20, 2021, 05:30:59 pm »

Aw man, Championvaults isn't the mountainhome anymore :(

Good job on the mountainhoming.
I think, and I could be very wrong here, that the death of the old King ended its tenure as mountainhome, regardless, I’m sorry about that, despite me being aware that the King has moved there it never until just now clicked that Championvaults was the Mountainhome. I apologise, I didn’t mean to steal Championvaults’s glory.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: June 21, 2021, 04:29:56 am »

I have to say that it's good to have a bit of competition in the mountainhome department. We never have enough epic fortresses.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: June 21, 2021, 05:03:35 am »

Forgot to say, stick me back on the turn list. It’s nice to have adventurers who survived their first adventure, even if their story isn’t written yet.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: June 21, 2021, 08:58:33 am »

Just started up - sorry for the wait, hit the clock.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: June 21, 2021, 01:22:04 pm »

You're back on the turn list Imic.

Also it's interesting to see how the dwarves have recovered over recent decades. Here is a comparison of the centre of the dwarven empire at the start of the game (on the left) and the same area now (on the right):

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: June 21, 2021, 02:50:38 pm »

Huh, so they're reclaiming the old, abandoned/destroyed fortresses and mountain halls before (presumably, going by the appearance of a new hillocks in the top left) expanding outwards? Makes sense, I guess.

Other bits observed from legends-diving that might be of some interest:

• Most of these forts have one or two dwarves, and maybe an animal in them, as opposed to being 'properly' reclaimed.
  • Many of the small-reclaim forts were reclaimed c. 733-744, in little waves of reclamation; that little cluster of eight forts near to the lower good biome were all reclaimed around 733, with one or two in 34 and 35. Wonder what triggered them to send expeditions out there?
  • The human civilization known as The Armoured Confederacy seems to have quietly died out somewhere along the line; it'll be interesting to see if their presumably-extant remnants somehow pull a Staff of Kissing and come back to life.
  • Artha Peacefulsong (Luckyowl) has also become a noble - a Lady, to be precise - and has spent the last decade and a half leading squads against The Most Sin during their efforts to take over Divedact.
  • Erith Whippedumbral somehow got resurrected while in Coveredashes, back in 770 - anyone have an idea as to how that happened?
  • Lonelythrall becoming a group leader seems to down to the last member of the group (except him) dying of old age, apparently causing the group ownership to default to him. He also killed some random Dwarf recruit back in 770 for no discernible reason.

Spoiler: Also... (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 03:36:06 am by Quantum Drop »
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 263