Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 262

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 402361 times)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game
« Reply #1110 on: October 06, 2021, 12:06:06 pm »

That's really strange. It's not as if the Qalled Dye has suddenly died out? I'll do some legends digging as well.

I do hope we see your story Eric!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 12:17:04 pm by Unraveller »
I've lost control of my life.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: October 06, 2021, 12:08:05 pm »

Nothing new on what might have caused the dwarves go go AWOL from the advmode menu but holy crap, Braalbard's first adventurer is now the King of The Walled Dye!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Looks like Bembul finally bit it from old age. Hell of a step up in the world, I guess.

If all else fails, you can download adventurer-freedom (DFHack script) to force the game to let you play as anything (which... probably includes dwarves).
IIRC didn't that particular script stop getting updated somewhere along the line? Last time I saw it only worked for 43.05.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 12:23:51 pm by Quantum Drop »
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: October 06, 2021, 01:16:29 pm »

A new king!

The Walled Dye is now overseen by a risen corpse! How fitting for the future of Orid Xem.
I've lost control of my life.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: October 06, 2021, 02:36:29 pm »

edit: reinstalling fixed it, false alarm
I was going to say, it was probably from your side. I don't usually make these kinds of direct, unbased claims, but generally, if more than one person could always use the save, then the one who can't has something wrong set-up with their own. Glad a reset helped.

Having looked back, this seems to have been going on for at least one turn. They're absent from adv mode's playable races list in turn 54's save, but are present in turn 53 or earlier.
Well thank Armok for that, because I didn't check at the end of my turn XD

Hope it can be fixed, I wouldn't want us to skip Galka's turn, it was too epic and too epically done.

Nothing new on what might have caused the dwarves go go AWOL from the advmode menu but holy crap, Braalbard's first adventurer is now the King of The Walled Dye!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Looks like Bembul finally bit it from old age. Hell of a step up in the world, I guess.

All hail King Bralbaard! All hail King Bralbaard! ALL HAIL KING BRALBAAAAAAAAAAAAARD!

Truly the King Adilatír needs and deserves!

Crowning music (how do I embed?) https://www.youtube.com/embed/ykpDQhWlrBQ

Is this going to shake things up! I can just imagine people will be trying to reach the King cap on their forts just to get the King visiting (and probably kill all their dwarves in a fit of undeath or dying in epic battle, but who wouldn't want that, right?!)

Now let us wait until Lonelythrall becomes Law-Giver of The Creamy Confederacy and inherits a dying civ and all those wars... OHHHHHH MAAAAAAAAAAN!

I was planning to fill in the red links starting with the adventurers of the Museum and the creatures/places they interacted with, so this is giving me a much-needed incentive to do so.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 05:09:09 pm by Lurker Z »
Sigtext updated 05-10-2023.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: October 06, 2021, 02:40:58 pm »

All hail King Bralbaard!

And since he is a resurrected immortal intelligent undead, he could be king for a while...
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 08:03:02 pm by kesperan »
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: October 06, 2021, 04:09:17 pm »

All hail King Braalbard! The last in the bloodline. The twice lived king. Some say he watches over all dwarves as they pass into the afterlife.

Edit: Wierd how Dwarfs have become unplayable. I know kobolds are in this world but are any living kobolds still kicking around?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 04:17:49 pm by AvolitionBrit »
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: October 06, 2021, 04:24:31 pm »

Definitely still living kobolds. You can check in Legends Viewer by filtering by race. At least one of them is a kinslayer that killed at least 2 of his race.

Just checked, 4 named living kobolds. If you want to play kobold, you could use unretire-anyone to do so.

Having 4 immortal necromancer named kobolds might be fun.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: October 06, 2021, 04:31:59 pm »

Definitely still living kobolds. You can check in Legends Viewer by filtering by race. At least one of them is a kinslayer that killed at least 2 of his race.

Just checked, 4 named living kobolds. If you want to play kobold, you could use unretire-anyone to do so.

Having 4 immortal necromancer named kobolds might be fun.
True, il download the latest save and give it a look.

Was thinking of being one of the last kobolds in existence. Grand high necromancer vampire kobold. Ahaha.

The kinslayer kobold could be good potential for a little adventure.  A path of vengeance
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: October 06, 2021, 04:37:22 pm »

Found your kinslayer (mind, I use the term loosely, but killing your own kind when there are so few of them must count, right?) kobold, Chrilishubin Siegeblock from Srastrirus. Enjoy!

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: October 06, 2021, 04:55:36 pm »

All hail King Braalbard!

Wait WHAT?? :o I think I should not complain, but why do I inherit the kingdom right when it is all completely on fire and collapsing in on itself?
Oh well.. looks like I got work to do during my next turn  :D

Also..

It's Bralbaard, not Braalbard you peasants!

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: October 06, 2021, 05:06:40 pm »

All hail King Braalbard!

Wait WHAT?? :o I think I should not complain, but why do I inherit the kingdom right when it is all completely on fire and collapsing in on itself?
Oh well.. looks like I got work to do during my next turn  :D

Also..

Someone's grouchy today...

Tomatoes, tomatos...

I'm not sure how good of idea it'll be for Bralbaard to run around in adventure mode, beyond the fact that he could die, the game might kick him out of any position and he'll have to start trying climbing back from Baron and hope the new monarch doesn't have any kids...

I think I should not complain, but why do I inherit the kingdom right when it is all completely on fire and collapsing in on itself?
Could you expand on that? I see it as the complete opposite, Adilatír has been described in this topic as on the ascendancy, definitely the number of sites continue rising, adventurers conquer in its glorious name, an overseer spent 10 years making a big honking capital for it, void dwarves keep appearing out of the woodworks to populate the less-so sites and so on.

Where's the collapse? Where's the fire?

How do you like my (semi-anonymous) letter? I plan to write one from Kikrost as well.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 05:26:42 pm by Lurker Z »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: October 06, 2021, 05:08:07 pm »

All hail the king!

My adventurer became baron, and then high chancellor of some group too. Not sure how.

And I have no idea what happened to dwarves. The walled dye does still exist, and so does the staff of kissing. My fort I retired with 67 or so dwarves in it, no major hurdles there.

I've still got the in-between save from after I stopped my adventurer and before unretiring the fort. Ill check when I get home if that's bugged too.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 05:12:18 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: October 06, 2021, 05:11:43 pm »

The more I look, the less I see a problem with it. As long as unretire-anyone works, we can take non-noble dwarves from Legends Mode/Viewer.

I'm kinda sad that there are no dwarves in human/goblin/elven civs, at least none that I could find. Gobs appear to only kidnap their own kind for some reason. Anyone know if this is a bug only related to the save or to the game version itself?

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: October 06, 2021, 05:25:52 pm »

By the way, how do you like my (semi-anonymous) letter? I plan to write one from Kikrost as well.

That was awesome! certainly a proper welcome to the throne. I read that and went "no way", then got the save and booted up DF. I'm still amazed at the way this game manages to throw new unexpected stuff at you.

I'll also try to investigate what is up with the save. It's.. interesting how the game has decided it's fine to have playable demons, but not dwarves. I say we should continue regardless of this issue, it's fine for people to use DFhack to play dwarves.

I think I should not complain, but why do I inherit the kingdom right when it is all completely on fire and collapsing in on itself?
Could you expand on that? I see it as the complete opposite, Adilatír has been described in this topic as on the ascendancy, definitely the number of sites continue rising, adventurers conquer in its glorious name, an overseer spent 10 years making a big honking capital for it, void dwarves keep appearing out of the woodworks to populate the less-so sites and so on.

Where's the collapse? Where's the fire?

Just roleplaying a grumpy ungrateful monarch :-)
But it was not entirely based on nothing.. after my last turn I had that unsuccesful reclaim of Treatyseed in an alternate reality and the monarchy and the rest of the kingdom sure came crashing down on fire in that, and there were quite a few posts on the last few pages about dwarfs no longer being playable and ghouls and undead destroying the other sites..

Anyhow I sure enjoy that the world is turning slightly more chaotic and dangerous right now. Also if you look at all the fortresses have been build.. I think there are very few games that have tested DF so thoroughly.. and it just keeps going.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 05:41:44 pm by Bralbaard »

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #1124 on: October 06, 2021, 06:00:02 pm »

I am in.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 262