Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 263

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 409584 times)

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game
« Reply #1185 on: October 26, 2021, 10:04:39 am »

I remember QD trying to raid some settlements, discovering LV no longer worked on the aftermath and reverting and retrying until the actions didn't compromise LV.

I'm not blaming anyone, it's obvious it's inevitable that LV breaks down at some point, considering it has done that in the past. I just wish we can find a way to un-bork it when it happens.

Maybe removing those outsider modification before the save helps? I don't know, just throwing ideas out there.
I'm pretty sure it is the vault that's causing the issue - the error it displayed appears to be (nearly?) identical to those from the file where Ironwards conquered Coveredashes. From memory, raiding and razing the same site don't seem to cause the issue with LV crashing, and I doubt that the outsider tags affect object/event references, so I would wager that the problem is specific to the vault being conquered. For now, going by your post, we can get away with using Legends Browser until a fix is found.

(Also, I would like to sign up for another turn.)

Imma request my name be removed form the turn list cause my parents are down with COVID so it is unlikely I will have the time to play a turn on account of me working as acting parental figure for my brother for the next while, with many if not most of the parental responsibilities associated included in the package.
I'm sorry to hear that, Imic. Best wishes to you and your family; I hope you all make it through okay.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 12:57:32 pm by Quantum Drop »
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: October 26, 2021, 02:25:12 pm »

Thank you all for the kind words. I'll be back soon, I hope.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: October 26, 2021, 03:38:29 pm »

Yeah, it looks like I have broken Legends Viewer by conquering the vault of Coverashes in fort mode.

I am sorry - I didn't know that would happen and I am not sure how to fix it.

I tried restarting adventure mode, grabbing the unclaimed artifact slab (which I am assuming is the object LV cannot find) and then saving again. Did not help.

Sorry!
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: October 26, 2021, 03:49:46 pm »

Ah, it's no big problem - we can still use Legends Browser to get around that, after all.
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: October 26, 2021, 06:15:43 pm »

Exactly
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: October 26, 2021, 06:26:00 pm »

Well, maybe the creater of LV can look at the save and fix it. Oh well.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: October 29, 2021, 08:53:56 am »

"Moldath I", Turn 58.

27th Galena 807

There was a thick ozone tang in the air, and an unworldly humming, and then the air shimmered, greasy with magic.

With an audible pop, a creature manifested out of reality, stumbling on to the cold cavern floor. The creature was short, stocky and muscled and had a long flowing beard. And it was entirely naked apart from a steel chain linking its hands.

Moldath Mournsaints had a strange feeling. Partly, because prior to a moment ago, he had not existed. In his newly formed mind, he could not shake the belief that he was in fact, an amulet of strange and unknown power. An amulet from another realm, another reality, and one which had a strange power of teleporting when least expected. The steel chain in his hands... this was... the amulet chain? Perhaps. But now in the flesh and blood grasp of a very naked, and increasingly cold, dwarf.

As his eyes adjusted to the darkness, he found himself in a cave of sorts. And next to him were two other creatures. Moldath did not know if these creatures had travelled through the dimensional planes like he had or were native to this new land. 

A very small bat fluttered over to him and settled on his shoulder. Its eyes glowed with intense malevolence, but otherwise he seemed entirely friendly and snuggled into Moldath for heat. Moldath instinctively spoke the bats name.... “Dishmab!”

The other presence was considerably larger. A gigantic lion regarded him passively, yet allowed itself to be petted.

What a strange morning for Moldath Mournsaints. He uncurled the +steel whip+ and set out toward the light winking in the distance. 

At the entrance of the cave, Blowechoes the Scars of Coal, is a single goblin.

“I need your clothes, your boots and your *troll fur thong*” rasped Moldath as the goblin was whipped to death.

Donning the goblin’s still warm leathers, Moldath leaves the cave and surveys the surroundings. Hopping on the back of the enormous lion, and with Dishmab the bat on his head, he heads out north, to the squat building he can spy on the horizon.

Arriving at the abandoned monastery of Lengthgear, he finds a small waterskin and a dented bronze helmet. He heads of west through the mountains, passing through tribes of chatty kea men and falcon men. Setting a camp fire, he sleeps for the first time in the mountains, the stars shining above him.

(OOC)

1. Readers of the first Museum may remember the magic amulet Mournsaints the Fire-Ruler of Rewards, and its propensity to teleport around randomly. Given my outsider dwarf starts with no relationships to this world, I employed this hackish literary device.

2. Yes. I started out completely naked bar a steel whip and a Giant Lion mount. And a bat.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2023, 01:12:10 pm by kesperan »

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: October 29, 2021, 03:40:28 pm »

The different realities are starting to merge.. Dishmab has made it into our realm, are the end times truly upon us?

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: October 29, 2021, 06:59:30 pm »

What an entrance into the world
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: October 30, 2021, 10:06:19 am »

"Moldath I", Part II, Turn 58

28th Galena 807

I wake in the night, startled by a low growl. A giant wolverine! It leaps towards me and instinctively I bring up the steel whip, striking in the skull and tearing its brain. I resume my journey and spot a lone Yeti... it too feels the sting of my whip. 

Kea corpses dot the barren rocky tundra and the sun is high in the sky as I arrive at the fort I was heading for - Deepvaulted.

Yet more corpses are strewn around the trade depot.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A sip from an ashen barrel of dwarven wine lights a fire in my belly before I set off, searching the compound.

A human corpse has bronze armour too large for me, but I take his copper shield. Further into the deeps of the fortress are more dead humans, and some hematite veins expertly mined by skilled dwarven hands.

A masons workshop floor, eerily quiet. No dwarves to be seen. Dishmab is perched on my head. He doesn't like it here.

The central shaft delves deep and I find some dwarf skeletons. No decent equipment as yet, but some clothing to replace the goblin rags I currently wear. I equip a goose leather mitten and am alarmed to find it is coated in some foul forgotten beast ichor...

Even more worrying is a cat corpse which appears bathed in unnatural flames... doused in sleet demon gore. What happened in this gods-forsaken mine?

A few steps more is the corpse of the forgotten beast Shedim Lidodoggez Ngotol Zanor (Shedim Wastedholes the Ghost of Hearts), felled by unknown hands.

The cavern opens out to a roughly hewn room, covered in what can only be the webs of a giant cave spider. Some bewildered peregrine falcon men shamble around in the detritus, strewn with dead elves, dead dwarves, and a copper battle axe which I strap to my back.

I push forward down a rough-hewn passage into an expansive cavern. Blue twinkling adamantine lies on the floor surrounded by ashes, but not a forge in sight. The god-metal! The dwarves here must have awakened some primordial evil...

I retrace my steps and leave this place before the beings who immolated the cat return...

I snatch a barrel of dwarven beer for the road and head north east. After trekking until nights fall, I get smashed on beer and fall asleep in the mountains.

29th Galena 807

After a fine dwarven breakfast of beer and giant wolverine steaks, I continue my journey away from Deepvaulted to my next destination - I spot a fortress on the horizon.

It occurs to me I haven't seen the lion since I delved into Deepvaulted, but Dishmab is still snuggled in my bronze helm.

I arrive at The Tower of Silence by mid-morning - It seems to be carved into the side of a cliff above the great caldera of a volcano. 

The narrow winding path on the cliff-face gives way to some smoothed walls, and I almost run into a dwarf. He looks rather shifty.

I accuse him of being a night creature which he denies, then I chop him up with my axe. I don’t manage to take him down and he runs screaming into the fort. Despite my searching he is nowhere to be found...

I climb the stairs and find myself in a library with a scholar going about his business. Finally, some armour on the floor! It is not steel, but it is better than my now worn goblin filth, and I find a bronze axe better than my copper.

At the top of the tower is a lanky human swordsman, Turot Twinklepointed.

He carries an enormous two-handed sword once owned by Galka Kindrummed the Tiled Periwinkle of Healing...

I discover a huge expansive library and spend many hours reading there. This is most impressive... grand hallway stretches into the distance, shelves lined with books.

On my way out I bump into Galka Kindrummed himself! He is rather bruised and missing an ear. I don't like the look of his sharp teeth so bid him good day.

Lying on the stairs is a masterful artefact gold short sword. Just lying there. Morularban Bal. The Pages-Cradle of Tones. I slip it in my pack when nobody is looking. After leaving the Tower, I head north.

2nd Limestone 807

The fort I arrive at early the next morning is garrisoned by humans of the Realm of Silver, the symbol of two sloth men embossed on their armour. There is no treasure for me here, nor enemies to slay.

4th Limestone 807

I continue my travels north, through abandoned monasteries and further human forts uneventfully. But when I enter Partnerdaub the human town, all hell breaks loose.

Shambling brain-hungry blighted thralls spill from the keep, their eyes glowing with ravenous hunger.

Scattered pouches of Omin Obin coins litter the floor... I am in Omin Obin and have stumbled into some kind of zombie plague!

After some tough battles I clear the keep, my dented bronze axe caked with thrall filth.

The cowering Justicar Sporro Padomarbok, one of the few untainted nobles in this hell hole hails me as Moldath Mournsaints the Ardent!

I scour the keep for loot after dispatching the last of the thralls. I find some meat at the entrance of the keep that some previous adventurer has left behind, stow it in my new *cat leather backpack* and head out, after retriveing The Peace of Day, a perfect pink garnet.

At the abbey of Crowdnotched I pray at the temple of Dunem Webbedshadows, and am granted a giant cougar as a pet! I climb on its back and head northwards once again.

A short while away I am ambushed by an Overlord, Kalan Trailedrank. The giant cougar mauls him and I cleave his skull.

6th Limestone 807

I head north west and stay the night at Enterframed, a human hamlet. It is deserted.

On the outskirts we chance upon a fat clear brute... an enormous demon. A huge mongoose with lidless eyes and fire. Its scarred body suggests it is no stranger to combat and I realise I am no match for this beast and its unnatural flames, and urge my cougar to retrace his steps westward lest the brute see us. For some reason, the brute stands unmoving. It seems not to have noticed me or doesn’t regard my presence as a threat. In any case I manage to scramble away before it changes its mind. 

What terrible world is this when the hellspawn stalk the lands...

No sooner have I scrambled away from the enormous demon then I find myself in trouble once more. We are ambushed by a shadow creature!

Murksable the Shady is huge and muscular. A one-eyed humanoid with a long curly tail. This large monster is a formidable foe for a dwarf with only a bronze axe, but as fate would have it my friend the giant cougar distracts it long enough for me to cleave its devilish skull with my axe, and it is struck down.

We continue north and chance upon the creatures’ lair, but the wooden hatch cover appears to be locked.

To the north, on the outskirts of the human town Speechrags, the local lady runs wailing towards us crying for help. She seems to think I am an enemy - perhaps since I slaughtered the blighted thralls that made a mockery of her nobility?

I agree to a cease in hostilities and head into the town. It becomes clear the Omin Obin plague is rife here too, as corpses litter the streets. A miner zombie rushes towards as and lodges its pick into my cougar mounts body, causing it to yelp in pain and spray hot gouts of blood.

In the resulting tussle, the poor cougar is slaughtered. I avenge my mount by slaying the miner, but more thralls pour out of a nearby building.

Whispering a prayer to Armok, I am saved by a timely battle trance.

I stumble into the next room and I am immediately shot by a marksman blighted thrall.

A steel arrow slams into my chest and another to my leg, chipping the bone! Grimacing through the pain, and resisting the urge to faint, I scramble the shirt distance to the foul bowman and decapitate it.

Blood pours from my wounds, and it is difficult to breathe...

« Last Edit: August 15, 2023, 01:12:52 pm by kesperan »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: October 30, 2021, 11:51:00 am »

Just a flesh wound.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: October 30, 2021, 12:14:06 pm »

Just a flesh wound.
I was insanely lucky there. Chipped bone normally leads to unconsciousness...

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: October 30, 2021, 06:20:15 pm »

"Moldath I", Part III, Turn 58.

7th Limestone 807

I have had enough of Omin Obin and its zombie plague. The steel arrows wedged in my thigh bone and ribs I do not dare dislodge for fear of bleeding, so they stay embedded in my flesh as a warning to avoid this infested place.

The travel westward is uneventful, apart from a short-lived black bear ambush, which should provide some variety to my meals. I head northwest skirting the enormous mountain range to my east and hug the foothills as I continue my journey.

8th Limestone 807

The Murk of Bursting is a cave home to some sort of human group. They have little information on the surrounding lands, and even less to trade.

9th Limestone 807

I continue skirting the western reaches of the mountain range and press on northwards once more. I chance upon a strange shrine or temple with many scattered coins and gems... and huge fearsome birds. This is a roc lair!

I silently sneak into the lair and startle the small group of Rocs there. I slash with my bronze axe but it is not strong enough to rend their necks. The wounds are not deep to lop of wings or heads and only scratch and tear at their enourmous feathered hides, rending the skin as feathers and blood spray.

Bleeding and panicking the rocs fly away! I manage to chase after one and strike its wing, causing it to crash to the ground. Slashing it repeatedly in the throat seems to weaken it before finally it bleeds to death.

I feast on Roc heart, and carve some fine roc bone jewellry. I search the shrine and find coins from many civilisations but no useful weapons or armour.

Slowly the other rocs begin to circle around and I face them once more. Five I count in total, less the skinny runt that I butchered. A particularly huge, fat roc appears - Calovi Rifanithe! This terrible beast has feasted on dwarves and humans alike for a thousand years, growing fat on the corpses of its many victims. Its great scarred and corpulent body seems almost too enormous to take flight!

I set about it with an iron boning knife, puncturing its wings and body. It too crashes to the earth and I leap upon it in a frenzy. The fight lasts what seems like hours. My meagre bronze axe and iron knife are mere crude blunt tools to a beast as colossal as this majestic and terrifying beast. Time and time again I block its thick talons and fearsome beak with my tattered shield.

Eventually, it faints from exhaustion, and I tear its throat with my axe. I butcher its corpse and take its enormous skull as a trophy. Exhausted and trembling with exertion, I collapse to the ground wet with the fountain of roc blood.

10th Limestone 807

A day of rest. I spend time relaxing, swimming in a nearby pond to wash my gore-caked armour. I practice some bone crafts on the hundreds of roc bones I have made by butchering the great foes. Three rocs met their ends, and the remaining two fled. I head north along the mountain range, spotting a small fort in the distance. It is a long journey, and the sun is setting as I approach the fort. I spend another night under the stars.

11th Limestone 807

This far north of the southern frozen wastes, water does not freeze overnight. It is a welcome change that I do not have to thaw my waterskin!

I arrive at Mosshill the Mines of Iron, to find it mostly deserted. Chopped wood still lies untouched for nearly 100 years, and an abandoned trade depot has no treasures to loot. 

Inside a short passage is evidence of iron smelting - hematite ore, charcoal and iron bars. The dwarves of this mine presumably worked the forges - perhaps some usable armour was to be found?

I do find a meagre selection of equipment, including a well-crafted iron axe, which I will use to replace my bronze one looted from the Temple of Silence, now damaged and bent from forcing it again and again against the thick skull of Calovi Morningwhisper the Windy Beans. Pushing forward into the fort I find expertly mined hematite veins and thick veins of marble. The dwarves here had everything they needed to craft Steel! Sadly it appears the dwarves here abandoned the fort in a hurry, and there is no steel to be found.

I leave Mosshill and head northwest yet again. After dispatching yet another ambushing bear, I make camp for the night.

12th Limestone 807

Despite the relative warmth this far north, the weather can still play cruel tricks. I am caught in a blizzard and visibility is poor. Thick snow and choking fog cloud my vision as I press on. In the distance I can make out a tall jutting structure, some kind of tower or keep.

It is late in the day as I arrive at the outskirts of some encampment. There is a tall central tower and smaller buildings surround it. It is a necromancers tower!

The smaller buildings teem with strange creatures... Minkot's Neasts - large scaly octopods. Small Soldier's of Night with their tiny armour and weapons. Cog's Beasts - horrifying spider-yaks designed by Cog Wildnesswork. The creatures seem happy to ignore me and chatter to themselves constantly. Either they do not notice me, or merely consider me irrelevant. The smaller structures each have hoards of treasure, no doubt collected over many years of plunder.

It takes more than a full day to scout all the smaller towers, however I am granted a great boon. A thorough exploration grants a full set of steel armour of varying quality, and a steel axe!

13th Limestone 807

Finally venturing into the imposing main structure I spot a curious sight. A headless dwarf necromancer saunters around absent mindedly clutching a scroll.

I draw my axe to strike it and it vanishes into thin air, before reappearing and punching my hip. Crying in pain I fall to the ground and slash it in the body, and it collapses into a ragged pile. This must be some kind of Hollow Hunter... capable of vanishing at will. 

I butcher her corpse and stash her cervical vertebrae - this is the bone of Cog Wildnesswork, beheaded by some heroic adventurer and brought back to life as a headless haunt. The hundreds of experiments remain oblivious but I think it is time I made myself scarce. Time slows down in this snowy tundra. I press north for what feels like days, and stumble upon a fort. Duskhome. Bizarrely, there is nothing here. A few bewildered peasants and humans scrabble around looking confused. I press on.

A short distance eastward lies Championvault. It seems deserted apart from a goblin invader in tattered clothes, who quickly loses her head. I find a one-armed panicked goblin prisoner, who I put out of their misery. I admire the impressive mug collection and help myself to some dwarven rum.

16th Limestone 807

The venture east is monotonous. Many human hamlets and monasteries lie abandoned and in ruin. 

I walk the plains until stumbling into a bandit camp. A goblin chieftess assails me, and after a tough battle is struck down. I clear out the camp but find no worthwhile loot.

17th Limestone 807 

I head north towards some human towns in the distance. In the monastery of Entrygrave there is a shine to Rogon the Umber, venerated by the religion The Just Denomination.

I roll the worn twelve-sided dice and I am granted ... large adamantine mittens.

Not a weapon, or anything I can wear. This human god has granted me clothing fit for a human, but they are useless to the deepfolk. Rogon the Umber is trolling me...

I am enraged. Rogon's voice boomed “DO NOT TEMPT FATE!” and yet it was too late - the blood in my veins boiled!

The next tiny hamlet over, Senserites, seemed to harbor a goblin and her human friends. As I execute the human guards the goblin Sacred Lens flees. My vampire body no longer tires and I quickly run her down. The bandits of Pricerings share a similar fate. Heading east I find a fort that has been visited before - goblin corpses strew the keep.

19th Limestone 807

Continuing east, I approach the Dark Fortress of Crushcurse.

The red thirst builds. I can hear panic and shouts below the keep. The goblin town is infested with the blighted thralls! I suspect that some necromancer has loosed the plague on these goblins, much like the pitied humans of Omin Obin. It is time to cleanse this town.

The thralls are joined by dwarf skeletons in rampaging through the dark fortress. They seem to have been raised by Kosoth Salvesank, a necromancer. Wading through goblins and corpses alike I finally climb the central spire. The slade throne is empty...

20th Limestone 807

I leave Crushcurse drenched in goblin and blighted thrall gore and head north east. Stokerbushels the castle is deserted and I head north, encroaching on goblin territory of The Knowing Deceiver. I am almost immediately ambushed by a goblin spearman blighted thrall. He is heavily armoured and wields a silver spear and is harder to kill than his compatriots in Crushcurse.

A short while a goblin military patrol heading south stumbles into me and is slaughtered. Suddenly I am ambushed by a great group of military blighted thralls in iron armour. Is this entire civilisation affected by the curse?

I feel THIRSTY and a martial trance takes over! Waves of goblins, thralls and soldiers alike are scythed down.

21st Limestone 807

I travel north through the night to the ancient necromancer tower of Patternedbegun.

The zombies there ignore me as I search the tombs. I find no trace of any necromancers, but a great number of scrolls and tomes. I find a dusty cobwebbed book named “Demise Questioned”, and read from it the secrets of life and death. I can now raise Gaunt Zombies.

To the north lies Orbsmortals, a town, overrun by the walking dead. I spot a goblin Dark One and slay it.

In a small building cower two necromancers, man and wife. They have turned this village into a necromantic haven, having travelled here from Patternedbegun to the south. They babble about an aluminum harp or somesuch, as I harvest their lives.

I clear out the entire village but sadly find no artefacts or loot to speak of. 

22nd Limestone 807

Travelling westward through the outskirts of the goblin lands I pass through Horrortar, a Dark Fortress. It is virtually deserted, and the lands are scattered with butchered goblins. I presume whichever creature did this did not wish the goblins to return from the dead.

South of the pits is a huge goblin refugee camp, presumably displaced from Horrortar. I make quick work of them then head south west.

I trek for a long period and reach the outskirts of Ironwards the Strifeful Hollows, when I am abushed by a demonic being! A marmot brute, beware its webs! I may be stronger now than when I encountered the last demon but webs would make short work of any warrior. Again, discretion is the better part of valour and I withdraw.

23rd Limestone 807

I arrive at Strifeful Hollows and find a great lake of magma, within it the mangled corpses of demons. An obese militia captain brandishes a masterwork adamantine axe... perhaps there are more fine weapons inside? 

The fort is impressive and filled to the brim with iron armour and weapons, but I find little steel. I bump into many militia commanders, one missing a hand. Demon bone crafts abound - this fort has an impressive military.

Finally, next to the prone form of a depressed merchant, I find what I am looking for. An adamantine axe! It is still smeared by dwarf blood and light blue devil gore, which I happily drink.

The depressed merchant chokes on miasma and I am aware of a stench emanating from me. My body is starting to rot... some kind of demon or forgotten beast extract must be putrefying my flesh! I do not seem to mind it though. A mortal might not cope quite so well.

Delving deeper I start to find some demon corpses, and a massive contraption filled with menacing spikes designed to mince the demons. A curious sensation... my unbeating heart is rotting. 

Travelling onwards through narrow passages, I arrive at the hot depths of hell itself. I notice the demons are Weasel Demons spraying webs, constantly battling with what appears to be undead beast skin. The skin cannot be harmed and nor can it land a blow on the demons. I know better than to attack a web-slinging demon and retrace my steps.

I nope out of there quickly, closing the bridge as I leave. Leaving the fort I head south east, and end up in Dimptramples. I meet an impressively rotund gorlak necromancer there who introduces himself as Nom the Cheese.

I greet him warmly. He tells me of the famous museum of Boltspumpkin lies a short distance away, and I decide to check it out!

24th Limestone 807

I arrive at the museum and marvel at the artefacts therein. 

I submit my offering – the trophies of the ancient Calovi Morningwhisker the Windy Beans:

• The skull of Calovi
  • A waterskin of frozen roc blood
  • roc egg from the shrine of Calovi
  • prepared roc heart

I also place three scrolls with the secrets of life and death looted from Patternedbegun – all of these grant the power to animate corpses and raise Gaunt Zombies. 

I also place my divine adamantine mittens (which are too large for a dwarf) - perhaps some of Rogon’s human folk would get some use from them?

I also place the cervical vertebrae of the infamous necromancer leader Cog Wildnesswork, leader of the tower of Glazedriven.

I also place a selection of weapons from Ironwards the Strifeful Hollows for any adventures in need, and my own back teeth, knocked out by a goblin blighted thrall in the lands around Horrortar. 

25th Limestone 807

Leaving the museum, I press on northwards. I soon pass through the abandoned tower of Farmpuzzling and strip its library of books, before arriving at my final destination. The erstwhile capital of the Walled Dye, Crownhall the City of Stone. 

It is breathtakingly beautiful and the throne room is fit for a king indeed. The residents eye me suspiciously – I must seem quite terrifying. My flesh and even my eyes have rotted away due to the ghastly syndrome coursing through my undead veins. Two steel arrows jut from my walking corpse. I lug a great satchel of books and scrolls to the library of Crownhall and retire here for a while. 

I suspect it will not be long before the residents here will force me to leave...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC:

So, I am not sure when I picked up the rotting malady. I had squelched through a few forgotten beasts and dead demons in my travel but only noticed when I checked my health screen in Ironwards that my entire body was rotten. Brain, heart, eyeballs... everything. Nice.

Player Forts explored:

• The Tower of Silence
  • Ironwards the Strifeful Hollows
  • The Tower of Silence
  • Deepvaulted the Tower of Stars
  • Championvault
  • Mosshill the Mines of Iron
  • Duskhome

I tried to find Summerwanes the aluminum artefact Tarem. Legends Mode identified it was owned by the necromancer Lar Peradrarses in Orbsmortals, but he did not have it in his inventory when I killed him and the whole town had no loot.

I have made a fort to the western mountain range near the vault of Coverashes called Ashcinders the Molten Scar. 

The Scar of Ashes were dedicated to opposing the dwarven death god Udir – The Black – and defeating the Warriors of Udir who infested the vault nearby.

There is a volcano there which lies above a flat plain leading to a steep cliff. The dwarves there had few enemies, and made many fine weapons and armour. A number of hillocks have sprung up around Ashcinders too.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2023, 01:14:24 pm by kesperan »

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: October 31, 2021, 03:14:27 pm »

I have made a fort to the western mountain range near the vault of Coverashes called Ashcinders the Molten Scar. 

The Scar of Ashes were dedicated to opposing the dwarven death god Udir – The Black – and defeating the Warriors of Udir who infested the vault nearby.

There is a volcano there which lies above a flat plain leading to a steep cliff. The dwarves there had few enemies, and made many fine weapons and armour. A number of hillocks have sprung up around Ashcinders too.

A few hillocks? It looks like half a new civilisation has emerged into existence:

That is certainly interesting. I think up untill now only one or two hillocks were founded over the entire course of the game.

I've updated the lists and maps.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 03:31:00 pm by Bralbaard »

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: October 31, 2021, 04:58:02 pm »

Legends Viewer says 3 hillocks until Kesperan's turn, one in 748, one in 773 and one in 779.

I'm surprised you eyeballed it so well, I hadn't been paying attention to hillocks at all, hells I thought NPC construction stopped altogether since the end of the 7th century.

Brit, how's your turn going?
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 263