Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 263

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 409710 times)

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game
« Reply #1200 on: October 31, 2021, 05:32:07 pm »

Brit, how's your turn going?

Its going well, just finishing the last few hours I have with the world. Its been interesting, looking forward to sharing my tale.
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: October 31, 2021, 09:44:43 pm »

https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15723

World is up, posts to come.

Good luck with the world Lurker Z

Little update,
Poking in on legends browser. Trying to find information on a figure for the last part of my post was gonna use them as a final letter. But it turns out Kesperan's Moldath Mournsaints has been in my fort under the name Avuz Walkgolds. Very interesting

Will post later today but gonna have to make some changes. Also put me down for another turn please.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 10:51:25 pm by AvolitionBrit »

Drunken scholar

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: November 01, 2021, 07:37:02 am »

Got the save, got the time, hopefully got the inspiration, I do need some luck to pull it off.

I hope someone razes or unlinks that vault or something, I miss Legends Viewer. Legends Browser is OK, but hard to get used to. The lack of adventurer list is also a small annoyance.

I've encountered another limitation of Legends Browser: no exact date of death/events except that vague "early spring/summer/etc".

I've spoiled myself and noticed in Brit's turn
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit:
« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 07:47:57 am by Lurker Z »
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: November 01, 2021, 08:02:41 am »

Well good news, the newest version of legends viewer has had that bug fixed so rejoice. Just saw the reply as I go on my lunchbreak for my new job I started today.

Going to post my story today so you can understand the madness of my turn and also talk about some odd bugs and strange occurances that happened.

In response to you spoiler

Drunken scholar

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: November 01, 2021, 08:24:20 am »

Well good news, the newest version of legends viewer has had that bug fixed so rejoice. Just saw the reply as I go on my lunchbreak for my new job I started today.

Going to post my story today so you can understand the madness of my turn and also talk about some odd bugs and strange occurances that happened.
Holy moly, this is the best present I got for my turn! Thanks for letting me know, I wouldn't have noticed until the next version of LNP was out.

In response to you spoiler
Well, it can be forgiven then. I suppose seeing something like that can scare people into doing... unfortunate things. He'll always live on in our memories (and in the world's history).

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: November 01, 2021, 08:26:14 am »

Well, it can be forgiven then. I suppose seeing something like that can scare people into doing... unfortunate things. He'll always live on in our memories (and in the world's history).
And one more way

Drunken scholar

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: November 01, 2021, 11:14:54 am »

But it turns out Kesperan's Moldath Mournsaints has been in my fort under the name Avuz Walkgolds. Very interesting.
Ooh! Was his flesh rotting and spraying miasma everywhere when he arrived?

I imagine as a vampire he assumed an identity. The rotten flesh and steel arrows embedded in him might have given him away though.

What did you end up doing with him? I was planning to retire him in my own fort to let my chief medical dwarf have a go at him.
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: November 01, 2021, 11:32:18 am »

Aaaah snap, he's ravaging Brit's fort, that's what he's doing.

Well, good luck getting him to your fort, but he's probably going to be summoned sooner or later to Treatyseed as a baron.

I haven't read your story, but I saw he put down Cog, possibly for good. More than just out of curiosity, what did Moldath do with the body? It might be relevant to my run (well, definitely is); I was planning this before I realized Cog had been taken out (again).

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: November 01, 2021, 11:40:43 am »

What did you end up doing with him? I was planning to retire him in my own fort to let my chief medical dwarf have a go at him.
When he came I was fascinated, i thought he might of been a player but no player names matched. Got him to work as a scholar as I wanted to make a grand library and hopefully get some chronicles going to shed some light on history.

Then I got the classic drained of blood message. Eventually figured out it was him. Made him his own quarters and his own library and locked the door on him for many years.

Later on after I returned to find the fort had a new chunk of merchant population I decided to let him return to society. Scroll writing seemed to stop after a while and when I retired and unretired it returned for a bit. I think you only authored one scroll.

Also yes he was and still rots. He doesn't stink but has soap baths and rotten tissue excised. I think he also came during a migrant wave that had ghouls in it too. Wierd.

He also became an apprentice of one of my other scholars. Must of been a good master as he has alot of apprentices. Can't think of the name to hand will check when I'm home.

Edit - Also put me in for another turn
« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 02:02:03 pm by AvolitionBrit »

Drunken scholar

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: November 01, 2021, 03:22:31 pm »

Pilled in the countless journals stored in boltspumpkin, you come across a leather bound tome. The front reads:
Walled Dye Land Survey Log
AVO - A Price Paid

As you go to open the book, multiple pages from the front have been removed roughly. You go to read the first page....

Early Summer of 810 - We came across a kobold, today whilst surveying for new fortress sites. Bless him seems like he hasn't eaten in a while. I chuck him some meat much to the shagrin of Mafol who told me “don’t encourage the skulking vermin”. In other news Goden has been talking to some locals to gather more information about various sites. Got some geographic documents for Athel and  Solon to mull over as well as a damaged weathered copy of a book Time Spent with the Moon and tides. Wonder why he grabbed that waste of parchment

Mid Summer of 810 - Still can’t find a site. It has to be perfect, they say. No undead should be able to access it. We have been spending time by the beach watching the waves. Athel is obsessed and says that we need to watch them. Been like this for a while: stop at a beach, watch for a few  days and move slightly away repeatedly. I want to forge again, I haven't forged anything but this golden hammer which I'm not allowed to do?. Don’t waste gold for a silver job they say. Meanwhile they use the gold on statues and trinkets. Been showing Avo (my little friend) how to use it. It's been hilarious watching him struggle to wield the thing.

Late Summer of 810 - Its been another month wasted watching coastlines, Athel is driving the rest of us mad. He insists there is a secret way to cross great bodies of water. What's worse is Solon is sticking up for him. I just want to forge, not waste my time mulling about. The forge is my brush and a fort will be my canvas to forge brilliance. Instead of worrying about that the others are giving me crap for training Avo with a hammer and a gold one at that. Tell me Skulking Vermin will steal your hammer and leave you for dead in the night. They don’t see that the kobold is a last hope for his species. A rare sight is a kobold these days, i'm gonna try and give him everything he needs to thrive.

Early Autumn of 810 - I have given up trying to argue with the others but they have given me an ultimatum to leave Avo or be left. I had taught him enough about communication. He was still a novice reader but he was certainly a smart kobold. Tonight I'm gonna lead avo to a local ruin, leave him some food, my hammer and this journal. One day I hope you read this and understand why I left you there. It's safer than most places and is a good place to hide from those undead scourge. If you ever hear of a fortress called Ancient knowledge or something similar head to it. You will be safe there and I can forge you some nice armor.

You are Avo Abaena. Avo Lastone. The kobolds hope

As you turn the page, several more Pages have been removed

I am Avo Abanea, a kobold wanderer. I got this leather journal from Zefon Whippedchanted several years ago. I use it as a journal to document my thoughts and utilise this as a method for communicating with other intelligent life as us kobolds are incapable of speech. I am friendly, please don’t hurt me.

Attribute and stats

Appearance

13 of Granite 813 - My journey has lead me to Nestlelenses, a hamlet in the steppe of Ticks. A fitting name for a vacant place. The place has been leached of many people not that I could say or do anything with them. No bodies around suggests the population has left and moved away. Nothing of note here, I see a fort east of here. Maybe they might have some intel on kobolds or some scrap gear lying around as i am nude with nothing but a dagger and a gold hammer to my name.

The fort was certainly full of life, a bunch of fighters of various types. Seems like they were using the fort as a resting point to talk to each other. They mostly joked and complemented each other's gear. With one human's particular fascination with an iron boot “making the outfit”. Although i did find some intrigue and history buried in senseless chitter chatter. After a while i hear that a group of outlaws nearby in a cave in the  steppe of ticks has been causing problems. Explains Nestlelenses missing population. I listen more and hear of a creature of the night also tormenting the area. I guess this area is more dangerous than I thought. Might want to train up before i head into the wilderness towards the local camps i have heard about. I heard that “skulking vermin” are there. Which is a codeword for kobolds. Not sure which group of kobolds they are. I have already ruled out any kobolds of the Jrobolojlunker civilization who died out long ago. My travels have confirmed their death. Looks like it's time for some exercise as I have put on weight during my travels. Hunting some local beasts will provide some training and a good source of food with my rations exhausted. Heading towards a castle by the name of Ilidpalath “cleardiamonds”. It will be a good place to look for spare abandoned gear as its bitterly cold and nude kobold just means easier target.

It got too late, ended up sleeping in the admired jungle, it proved to possibly be a mistake as I spotted some dingos approaching me. I ran, running through the night, encountered another group of them, ran away before they spotted me. I made it to Ilidapalath, it appears to just be me and a sleeping baron. A few books and scrolls in this place worth a read. Interesting material about human society with a hint of spite in the writing. All by the same author too. I snuck into the basement and i find an obese high justiciar sleeping. Upstairs I find a chamberlain also sleeping. Not a surprise since it is the middle of the night. I head outside and sleep the remainder of the night to avoid an awkward encounter in the morning.

14 of Granite 813 - Headed to the nearby hamlet of Licouse, another abandoned hamlet. Gonna get a drink from the local river and hunt for some food. God it's cold, the river has frozen over. Might need to heat up some snow. See there is a local government building south west of the hamlet. Maybe someone there might have some information on kobolds or what's going on in the area.

Outside the building, I'm hearing something going on inside. Sounds aggressive. I heard someone screaming.

They tore them apart and were heading toward me. I ran, I'm in Itnibudzu now, the hamlet next door. It doesn't look good. I found someone's corpse just outside a doorway. Not to mention I'm dehydrated. I need some water. I'll check them well if not. Cooked snow it is. Well-cooked snow and just as I was about to check out a local shrine, they emerged from the building more of those things. I ran to the local government, all that is here is a local lord and sacred vegetation. This place is extremely dangerous and tainted by those twisted abominations. Looks like I'm gonna head to the camp, if there is any chance of me saving my race i need to go to that camp and try to save people as it's not safe.

Whilst resting here, I see a flyer in the pockets of the dead hammerman. It was faded and worn in areas but it talks about a museum in boldspumkin. Consulting my map, it's to the north west of here. Could prove useful to gathering information on my people. Maybe another kobold has been there, maybe someone on their travels has found a kobold lair. I shall see. I see they have a bunch of abandoned old gear. Crossbow and a bow. Decided that I'll do some practice shooting to train my aim. Might improve my reactions.

Decided to head to another hamlet government building to the north. Agowumu. Inside, a fat water buffalo cow. It looks like dinner.

It put up a good fight but it showed me how in combat I wasn't as skilled as I thought. Took me forever to kill it but once it was enraged it gave me a chance to improve my reaction times and dodging. As even the cow managed to land a hit on me. Well it made for some good food and a good little rest. Just letting my mind wander as I carve the bones. Found  a few more bolts to practice with and seeing as nobody is home it's a good safe place to sleep in.

15 of Granite 813 - My training paid off, I destroyed a kea today after spending most of it looking for non melted snow to drink.

16 of Granite 813 - Made it to the rumored Kobold camp and it's true I see one of my kind, an angry kobold wrestler running towards me. I hid and it seemed they all charged towards each other, someone shooting arrows into another. It's a real mess. Gonna sneak to the centre of camp to find any any kobold knowledge

Arrows were flying past me, it was real chaos. Managed to grab a cave spider silk loincloth, common kobold attire. Finally I have something to wear but it proves that i'm not alone. But at a cost, they were savages, tearing each other apart over a pile of trinkets.

Some good news is a backpack. Now I won't have to carry a bag in my hand. However, I got hit pretty badly. My leg, i cannot walk on it. I managed to sneak away but i need to get out of here

Managed to get away and my leg is feeling better. I can walk on it. From the distance I see another camp. I'm gonna sneak towards it

I see massive green eyes scanning the area. It appears a green-eyed white dragon is keeping an eye out.
He hasn't noticed me, no sign of kobolds but this dragon is dangerous. If it is lurking in this area I could pose a threat to my people fleeing the area. Maybe that's why the kobolds were fighting, the dragon invaded and took over the site, the kobolds left and tried to join the other group but they didn’t want them there. Why else would a dragon be at a camp?

It's only a matter of time before he sees me. I need to take action.

I did it, that beast wont torment anyone in the area. I ran out of arrows and snuck up behind it. Gave him a beating he got a good bite on me and one of my arms isn't as responsive as before. I guess its the price to pay for glory.

With this I have named my hammer, Ogomongong Ospum Os. She is the hammer of my people's hope. Additionally found a mica bound codex called the mysteries of Probing, interesting it details a surgical method for probing and is masterful. I must bring this knowledge to civilization. Carrying all this meat sure is heavy but this should provide me enough resources to pass the tundra of heroes. Boltspumpkin is the only remaining lead to civilized kobolds. I am ready to cross the tundra of heroes. I feel the power of the dragon coursing through my blood as I consume his heart. 

17 of Granite 813 - I'm on my way through the tundra of heroes, it's slow due to all this dragon but I'm tough and it will be another labour I shall make for my people. With every part of this dragon I consume I feel his strength flow through me. Maybe I'm a dragon or becoming one. Hahahaha

Strangely, I see a camp out in the distance and it's abandoned. Campfires still lit too. Strange.

18 of Granite 813 - Its cold out here but it will never quell the my flaming blood. No need for layers. Im a third of the way through. There is a camp I'm gonna pass here called Passesduces, I don't know anything else besides its existence. I hope they are friendlier than the last camp i ran into.

Well so much for that camp, just a pile of gear. Nothing of note. Almost out of the tundra of heroes

19 of Granite 813 - Out of the tundra of heroes, I tried to explore the local area but I was caught in a landslide. It knocked me out and I just came to.

Arrived in the town of Owbacuro and another wasteland, abandoned shops and homes alive. Suddenly I hear some noise from a leather store. I enter and find a goblin, headless and still alive. I got lost in this town and as I began to settle down another one of those undead goblins attacked me. Punching me. I gave it a good old swing with my hammer and i hear the shattering of its spine as it collapsed to the floor lifeless.

20 of Granite 813 - Slept in the town, heading towards the castle, another undead gobin ambushed me, nasty shit destroyed my lower right arm, easily beat it down but still this place is full of danger. What happened to this place? Will the museum still be intact

Sun rose as I made it into the keep and looked abandoned but full of tomes and scrolls. Will give them all a good read. Just got to move the corpses off some of these scrolls. A few masterpieces here, grabbing all of them. Exploring the other floors, mostly empty but I just heard a noise. I'm not alone. Dropping my bag and checking it out.

False alarm, another living resident. The goblin swordsman Zom Dreadfuldabbled introduced himself to me and without prompt gave me information of outlaws in the The Steppe of Ticks. Makes sense of what is happening with those humans fighting each other. Rival outlaw gangs?

Nothing of note left inside, bit of a maze. Another undead ambushed me but one strike and it was down for the count. Onwards to boltspumpkin

21 of Granite 813 - Woke up and had a great swim. So refreshing.

Got carried away swimming but im one day away from boltspumpkin

22 of Granite 813 - Made it to that adventure rest stop and walked on through to the museum where I submitted the piercing green eyes of that dragon. What a mighty achievement for the kobold race, slaying a dangerous dragon, not only that probably one of the last ones in existence if not the last one. I tried to learn more about the dragon from the various journals of other adventurers but nothing. Left the books I collected here just as a bonus. So many books here happen to read a few. Very interesting.

As I walk out I look over my shoulder, see no one around and just reach my head into a barrel. Grabbing a frozen red chunk. They won’t miss it besides it's for the betterment and preservation of my race. As it melts in my hands I lap it up. I no longer crave food. I no longer age, I am stronger, I am the future of the kobolds. I am the kobold dragon. I am the kobold king

12 of Slate 813 - After a long rest, I'm unable to walk.
Dam crazy farmer. I need to save my people, that camp was chaotic, that bowman attacked our kind indiscriminately and even contributed to my leg injury. So I am going to return to Fralabachomer and take control but first I need to head back to the museum. Gonna leave this journal so other kobolds that come here can join me in rebuilding our species. Additionally another two submissions to the museum could help me figure out my next step.

Found them, the divination dice, this the staff distracted upstairs its given me a chance to “examine them”.

Dice were no help, useless things. Mere trinkets of the gods some cursed me. As for the scrolls of necromancy, useless with me being a hand down I am unable to gesture. I don’t think I'm ready to return to Fralabachomer. I need time, need to learn more, find more and rest my wounds. I might be stronger but what am I going to do to crawl through the tundra of heroes?

Tucked at the back of the journal is a letter stamped with the walled dye insignia

To the museum staff of boltspumpkin,

I am sending this letter from Ancientknoledge with the goal of conveying a message and bookmarking the end of a journey for a particular benefactor and donor of your aforementioned museum. Rest assured that Avo is alive albeit with loss of function in his other hand now and thus removing his ability to grasp anything let alone write a letter. Poor thing drags himself around with one good foot. Through a long series of pointing to drawings, objects and words, as well as a light bit of record gathering. Here is what to my best ability he was up to recently..

Seemingly hiding out in a cave perhaps one controlled by our civilization he went on a pilgrimage to get healed as well as find the surveying team of our current fortress whom appear to have some historical connection. It seemed all was well having consumed all the meat of a great winged beast he mostly roamed the wilds. Pointing to several locations such as the adventurous steppes,  the dutiful forests and the lake of whispers. Afterwards he seemed to have found a rough idea of where to look. From his pointing to the words journal and map. Leads me to indicate he found some form of old survey map of an area. This was just confirmed as he nodded to me. Travelling north towards the island of moistening he traveled to the various scattered forts in the area, seemingly hiding from undead residence. Further supporting his are multiple scrolls, books and codex he brought to our library here with some referring to the nearby locations. Additionally he seemed to point to the word crab a lot throughout my research, with him making an additional motion with his leg. Perhaps some knowledge or also noting the declining population of crabs in the peaceful waters. Regardless it appears he was fine until he reached the camp of Srastrirus. Where he met other kobolds, a female one by the name of chrilishubin Siegeblock who attacked him on sight. The two fought with the result being the death of her. Not long after it appears an old swordkobold by the name slokokodraber severed his good hands nerves.  He  was allowed to rest there for his wound to heal for two weeks as slokokodraber relayed to Avo the tragedy of the Bloboshayker a nomadic group who in a time before documented history broke away from an existing kobold civilization to form a camp. However due to multiple factors their population declined, not helped by killings at the site. Chrilishubin Seigeblock appears to be responsible for two such killings. It's something that Avo indicates he had experienced with other kobolds in the past as well as the two old kobolds relayed. I theories its due to declining numbers, reputation and a collapse of kobold society that has resulted into the devolution of kobolds socially with some returning to savagery. It is a theory that Avo appears to agree with as he points to a scar on his leg for what appears to be an arrow or bolt maybe. Additionally he learned of another recent kobold death in the camp, the kobold Tlaylder. He died almost a year before Avo came.But then he came back alive, spoke of a kobold monster, dark pacts and gifts that came at a cost. Chrilshubin Seigeblock took the premonition seriously and prepared. The day of his arrival Tlaylder dropped dead with no signs of foul play.

Towards the end of the two weeks the old kobold man banished him for being a kin killer as well as a killer of his society. He said it was normally death for a kobold who killed other kobolds but under the circumstances and due to his current state and his current age it seemed the right punishment. The last thing he was told was that he was allowed to return in 18 years, by then the site would be empty, unless he became a vampire or a necromancer, the old kobold joked.

Upon arriving here he has become somewhat of an interest to the fortress with my apprentice Avuz Walkgolds pointing him out to me. Most in the fortress view him as a pet. He has the old baroness quarters due to us no longer having a baroness and to keep him around. He has taken particular interest in the bodies that are megabeasts outside it. I watched as he even ate pieces of each which was particularly amusing for me watching him consume some of the vomit that consisted of Tohwot Squashedknives the Violent. Ironic considering the title scholars have referred to Avo as. Oh but the best was watching him consume a shard of glass that was once made up .I think he believes by consuming them he will gain their power and spirit. More humorous than anything.With this at an end I inform you of Avo’s wishes to put this letter at the back of the old journal he left at the museum. Additionally to any kobolds, he wishes that you will do better than him and to bring forth a new kobold civilization. Also attached to this letter you will find the medical writeup of Avo as requested by Chief Medical Dwarf Bembul Zulbanagscal who wanted to share his information on kobold physiology and asks for any medical information you have back.

In closing I hope that we may open communications further to collate and further develop our academic research over time. I will always be able to be reached and trust me I have all the time in the world for correspondence. After all, we rise and fall together.

With regards
Minkot Humidclasps Head Dwarven Scholar

Medical record :
Avo Pet? :
« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 08:49:37 pm by AvolitionBrit »

Drunken scholar

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: November 01, 2021, 04:16:20 pm »

More than just out of curiosity, what did Moldath do with the body? It might be relevant to my run (well, definitely is); I was planning this before I realized Cog had been taken out (again).

Sadly, I am pretty certain that I butchered Cog. Her cervical vertebrae is now in the Museum.

Also yes he was and still rots. He doesn't stink but has soap baths and rotten tissue excised.

That is pretty cool. I tried retiring him in my fort and loading it up again. He spawned as "Dwarf Ranger Necromancer" stinking the whole place up. Immediately went to the hospital, spent about a month getting flesh excised and all his limbs splinted, then got locked in the jail for killing some poor engraver.

Interesting that he became a scholar. I think he was up to Professional Reader by the time I retired him just from reading necromancer tower books in Adventure Mode.

I guess that means he has also lost his steel armour, adamantine axe and *roc bone crafts* which is a bit of a shame. I hope he is still alive when it rolls around to my turn again.

And finally - great news that LV works again! Clever of you to think of posting in the LV thread.
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: November 01, 2021, 06:26:31 pm »

Can you move my turn one week forward? There is something important I have to do on November 9th.
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: November 01, 2021, 08:19:05 pm »

Sadly, I am pretty certain that I butchered Cog. Her cervical vertebrae is now in the Museum.
No worries, it ties into the narrative interestingly, just unexpectedly. Thanks for the info.

Interesting start, Brit. Looking forward if there's more.

(Also, I would like to sign up for another turn.)
Reminder for Bralbaard.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: November 01, 2021, 08:29:55 pm »

Well just added the final piece as you commented

Drunken scholar

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: November 02, 2021, 02:33:51 am »

Great story about the struggles of the kobold race, and one kobold in particular  :) 

The Kobolds have dropped from a population of 40 to 38. I hope the little guys can recover in the future.
Goblins are doing well. Dwarves have been in a slow decline the last 40 years.

I've moved chaospotato one week down and I've added Quantum Drop. I had missed that earlier.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 02:38:31 am by Bralbaard »
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 263