Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 263

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 409612 times)

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game
« Reply #1350 on: December 07, 2021, 11:13:53 pm »

Yes, it is after 0400 in the morning local time and I really should be in bed, but here is the save.

It has been a wild week. I'll get started on my write up as soon as possible.

https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15771

Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: December 07, 2021, 11:43:24 pm »

Ral dead.

The Omon blight, the gift that keeps on giving (us dead nobles) XD

Not much time for a larger post, looking forward to the reactions to the world update.
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: December 08, 2021, 02:16:38 am »

Ah I see, well I've got it downloaded at home and will start when I get back from work.
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: December 08, 2021, 03:08:16 am »

Ral dead.

The Omon blight, the gift that keeps on giving (us dead nobles) XD

Not much time for a larger post, looking forward to the reactions to the world update.

Kesperan seems to have been (at least indirectly) involved in some of the interesting events, so I'll refrain from posting right now. Looking forward to the stories.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: December 08, 2021, 04:12:26 am »

It will take me a while to properly write up my story.

I don’t mind a bit of speculation from data mining legends mode in the interim. Moldath has been on quite the tour and met some interesting people…

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: December 08, 2021, 05:30:39 am »

It will take me a while to properly write up my story.

I don’t mind a bit of speculation from data mining legends mode in the interim. Moldath has been on quite the tour and met some interesting people…

Certainly looks like it, I have a quick question 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Drunken scholar

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: December 08, 2021, 11:36:00 am »

Not sure to be honest. A blob made of water with webs turned up in the third cavern layer towards the end of my save, it didn’t get into the fort. Might have been them?

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: December 08, 2021, 11:40:54 am »

Ah i think its just forgotten beasts, as for some reason they show up under outcasts. According to legends we have four forgotten beast outcasts in the walled dye.

Drunken scholar

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: December 08, 2021, 08:11:51 pm »

Interesting things with the new Queen, Tulon. She was one of the original expedition that founded Eskôn and was Kikrost's lover for a time. Then I removed her out of the Hammarer position that the game automatically gave her because I didn't want any unfortunate accidents and she left a few years later. She married someone named Feb who became Baron in 825, but died just before Tulon became Queen.

What a tangled web this game weaves.

I see my turn is going to be in 2 weeks, gods I hope tonnot can do his turn so I'll have time for mine.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You can always reclaim kesperan's fort and check for yourself. Legends Viewer says it is alive, at least.
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: December 11, 2021, 02:41:43 pm »

"Moldath II", Prologue, Turn 63

The Book of Moldath

The last twenty years had not been kind to Moldath Mournsaints the Ardent.

At some point in his adventures, he had contracted an unknown affliction – Moldath could not be sure if it came from the pestilent blood of a demon in Ironwards, or had he been cursed by some magic? He remembered fighting some strange deathly creatures with glowing eyes and spells on their lips but he needed more knowledge... for knowledge is power, and this burning desire was now what drove him. 

He had retired for a while in Crownhall, the gleaming fortress built as a seat for the kings of The Walled Dye. Days bled to months, spending his hours reading from their library alongside the many books he had himself looted and brought there. 

He spent four years in Crownhall, learning everything he could about this world of Orid Xem. He learned of the history of The Walled Dye, and of the great wars with Oddom Girdergrove and her Scholarly Manors. He learned too of the full terrible nature of the powers of undeath – necromancers gifted the secrets of life and death from the Gods of this realm could raise powerful lieutenants and these so-called “intelligent undead” were capable of wielding great magics. He himself had learned how to raise a form of these wights, and yet the powers they wielded eluded him 

Some were Dark Ones, others Gaunt Corpses or Cold Slayers. Those known as Hollow Stalkers could vanish from sight, slaughtering their terrified enemies with impunity! The ability to twist and rot the flesh of their enemies was rumoured to be within the power of Dark Ones. Others still could throw objects around with force of their thoughts. The strongest among them, Moldath learned, were those known as Fell Ones, the cursed progeny of the human god of blight, balance and death - Ala. These beings could not only use telekinesis and raise unnatural fogs, but could also parlayse their enemies with a gesture – a most fearsome power indeed. He learned as much as he could about Ala, and the secrets He had imparted. He learned of the tablet Uklasut... Frothbone... and the story of the crazed monkey Raki who had stolen this prized ancient artifact from the people of the Mong Uthros. Many thought Frothbone lost, but Moldath knew better. 

Soon enough, the nobles of Crownhall grew nervous around Moldath and the festering stench that emanated from his increasingly deteriorating rotten flesh. The foul curse had only worsened over the years. His lungs now ceased to function, and his eyesight was failing. He had outstayed his welcome amongst his kin and left before arousing further suspicion.

He learned of a new settlement that had sprung up in the foothills surrounding a new and prosperous fort, Ashcinders, far away from the lands of goblins and the prying eyes of dwarvish nobility. 

Whippedpaint was not to his liking. A small hillock clawed from the dirt. He did not like the way the others looked at him. There was nothing to read, and precious little else to do but toil in the fields and that was certainly not Moldath’s style. When the messenger from Treatyseed came by looking to round up able-bodied dwarves to head to a newly founded fortress-library on a secluded island to the far north, it sounded like a good proposition. More books meant more knowledge, and this excited Moldath. 

He arrived at Ancientknowledge in the autumn of 818, some seven years after leaving Crownhall. The dwarves there knew him as Avuz Walkgolds, a simple scholar in search of knowledge, but one who had some skills as a warrior and ranger. They were horrified at his rotten form and milk-white eyes, fearing he had been maimed by some forgotten beast. 

Moldath wailed in anger and fear as they strapped him to a makeshift table, and their amateur surgeons stripped the flesh from his body in festering chunks. The torture changed and embittered him. Why should one such as he obey the laws of these cattle? Moldath’s cruelty burned as his sight faded. And so it came to be that the rulers of Ancientknowledge began to fear the night as dwarves were found, drained of blood by the Blind Sadist. 

Eventually, Moldath was captured and his deception uncovered. He was beaten to within an inch of his life and endured another night at the hands of the tortuter-surgeon, having his ribs sewn back together. The surgeons had managed to excise most of his outer flesh and yet the rot still boiled within and the stench escaped from every cut and tear in his weakened flesh.

He was imprisoned for many months, until his clothes decayed from his body, in a deep dark mausoleum. They gave no wine or blood, but parchment and quire, and he composed two books of his own in spite of his blindness. The tone was vicious and cruel. 

Moldath swore revenge on these heathens who would beat him and chain him in the deep, and fully a dozen were slaughtered over the six years he spent in the fortress-library, his sight failed but his powers undimmed. The dwarves feared him but could not kill him and so it transpired that he was banished under the guise of making him a Baron of the Walled Dye! 

Cast out in tattered clothes, his only possession a dented copper bow, Moldath began to walk the wilds of the north of Orid Xem, formulating his plan. He would return here one day and take the books that he had authored, and the lives of any who would stand in the way of his search for knowledge and power. He knew that first he had to find the tablet Uklasut, and a useful idiot to be his pawn. 

In the lands of Mong Uthros he would find both. A religion, the Coven of Frothing, venerated both Ala and Frothbone itself and Moldath would use this knowledge to gain the power he needed to restore his sight, and rid him of his frail body. Vengeance would be his.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2023, 01:15:16 pm by kesperan »

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: December 11, 2021, 03:58:46 pm »

Wow, This is a great interpretation of Moldaths years before your turn. Look forward to seeing more.

Drunken scholar

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: December 11, 2021, 05:13:42 pm »

This is really good so far, Kesperan; I like how you're covering the gap between Moldath's initial and current adventures. Really looking forward to seeing more.

As an aside, I found out while legends-diving that being a Blighted Thrall does not prevent a living histfig from marrying the ghoul and producing a living child. That's got to be a hell of an awkward relationship...
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: December 11, 2021, 06:07:34 pm »

"Moldath II", Part 1, Turn 63

The Tale of Kajeth of Distinctclashed

Kajeth Fatecrypyts was a simple man, of simple means. He was born of the Mong Uthros, the Nations of Honoring and had lived in Distinctclashed all his short life. The lands of Mong Uthros bled into the forests of the Ribiromini and washed against the coasts of the northern ocean. His clothes were stitched from the hides of sharks and the beasts that were hunted on the coast. 

He had few possessions, but what he did have was the pitted bronze sword of his late uncle, and an unshakeable belief in Ala, the God of Balance, the God of Blight, the God of Death. 

Kajeth knew little of other faiths but he knew that within the Mong Uthros things were a little different. In other cultures, the guardians of the God-given truths threw up great towers and tombs and sequestered away from the people, like shepherd and their sheep. Ala was not like this – Death and Balance come to all kin alike, and when Frothbone was granted to the venerated Lady Kasat Boltscuffles nearly eight centuries ago, it was in the town of Drillshrine, to the west, where the government still sits.

While Kasat also founded a tower of her own, Mysterydressed, it was small and meek and the holy slab was not hidden away in some tower, but among the people. Kasat herself was killed in scuffles with the elves, and the slab was kept by the people as a symbol of Ala.

This all changed of course with the rise of the damned Scholarly Manors. Oddom Girdergrove and her lackeys sent spies and thieves across the land, hoarding artefacts such as our sacred Frothbone and for a while it was lost. The necromancers and their creed stored the slab in Tunneledaction and it was sought from afar by Kajeth’s sect, the Coven of Frothing.

Many years before Kajeth was born, a stranger passed through these parts and changed the path of the Coven of Frothing forever. Frothbone was stolen from Tunneledaction, not by some religious crusade or act of war, but by a lion tamarin man, by the name of Raki Umberclan. Thereafter it was seemingly lost and the Nations of Honoring were subject to a new threat... each moon that rose was met with the howling and gibbering of monstrous mammoth-beasts. 

To some these were far-fetched tales, but to Kajeth they were a daily reminder of what had been lost. Ala had forsaken them and left them with this curse. His grandparents, Jathbe and Lide, had fallen victim to the monkey’s bite, and on the eve of each full moon it was Kajeth’s grim task to bind them with chains of silver, iron and copper, and barricade them in their stout hut. 

But his faith, like a shield, had remained undented. He knew one day a hero would reclaim Frothbone and restore it to the Coven of Frothing, and through the will of Ala, cure the weremammoth curse and drive it from Mong Uthros. And, quietly, Kajeth hoped that hero would be him. 

He was of slight build with long lank hair. He was not a strong warrior but he was equipped with a bulwark of faith that would surely see him through any obstacle. He wrote letters weekly to the Holy Raunch of the Coven of Frothing, Lubbe Cleardrank, in Releaseteachers where the Coven had their temple, beseeching them for help to launch a crusade to reclaim Frothbone. He told Lubbe that he knew where to begin. The place the locals called Monkeycurse, said to be the camp where Raki Umberclan sacrificed himself in an unholy ritual, fifty years ago. 

And one day, he was sure, Lubbe had answered his letters and his prayers. The day he met Rirdest Blackvaults the Scholar of Froth – the prophet of Ala!

Kajeth had never seen a dwarf before. It was short, like the elves who had sometimes settled in Mong Uthros, but far stockier. This one in particular was wrapped in ragged cloths, and leant on a copper bow like a strange walking stick. But what Kajeth found most strange was that this particular dwarf was enveloped by a cloud of miasma, which seeped from many open wounds in its pale, scarred body. The dwarf’s eye-sockets were empty and black and yet it stood before him, seeing him somehow. How, Kajeth thought, could this dwarf be anything other than the avatar of blight, the prophet of Ala?

Rirdest filled Kajeth’s mind with great truths, secrets and prophecies, and told him he too was touched by Ala, and bestowed upon him the name Kajeth Fatecrypts the Unholy Balance of Froth. He would, Rirdest proclaimed, be a prophet of Ala too; the avatar of balance. But first, Rirdest had a mission for him. Something important, and something that would prove his worthiness of Ala. Drunk with religious fervour, Kajeth prostated himself before the dwarf and agreed to follow him, to the ends of Orid Xem if need be. 
« Last Edit: August 15, 2023, 01:15:59 pm by kesperan »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: December 11, 2021, 06:07:40 pm »

Wait, the ghoul curse doesn't add the sterile tag? That sounds like a bug report.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: December 11, 2021, 07:58:43 pm »

Well that 2nd part really ties into what im up to.

Drunken scholar
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 263