Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 263

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 409637 times)

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game
« Reply #1500 on: January 10, 2022, 03:36:21 pm »

I too am curious at the continued exploits of Bralbaard Nilthatlosh, first adventurer of the Museum and its co-founder, former Baron deposed King of Adilatír, but possibly most important survivor (in a way) since almost one and a half century of turmoil in one of Armok's realms. Will he achieve greater heights, just sight-see or will his story continue for this turn in Boltspumpkin while a new adventurer takes the mantle?

I'm curious if this living world continues long enough for battles to be fought over Boltspumpkin. It's definitely the place of much wealth and many artifact coveted across the world. It'd be amusing to see Ngokang (the goblin "curator") forced to take up the mantle as the head defender of the site, and to prove his mettle or die in glorious battle for his accumulated wealth. It's already kinda funny that everyone you ask names Ngokang a criminal, yet even before Bralbaard ascended, nobody in Adilatír raised a finger against him; moreover, many of the people who settled in Boltspumpkin were called as Barons, at least indirectly giving Ngokang some authority/credibility.
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: January 11, 2022, 02:37:09 am »

I will not be playing as Bralbaard this turn, but may pick him up again during a later playthrough.

It'd be amusing to see Ngokang (the goblin "curator") forced to take up the mantle as the head defender of the site, and to prove his mettle or die in glorious battle for his accumulated wealth. It's already kinda funny that everyone you ask names Ngokang a criminal, yet even before Bralbaard ascended, nobody in Adilatír raised a finger against him; moreover, many of the people who settled in Boltspumpkin were called as Barons, at least indirectly giving Ngokang some authority/credibility.

He actually freely admits being a bandit leader in conversation, but his cover identity as a slave seems to work well enough for authorities to not take notice. That and the fact that he is the ruler of a museum with the deadliest adventurers in existence, not an organisation you want to mess with.

Here's some information on him from the first adventure:

There are only three of us here, myself and two goblins.
First of all, there's the goblin monk Theb Hearthsnarl. He worships Uquud the Bones of Drool, and that is about as much as you want to know about him. The more interesting character is the other goblin, the "slave" that is living here with us, Ngokang Strangecurses.
I’ve lived with these goblins long enough to know this whole slave thing is just a cover identity. In thruth, Ngokang is a bandit and ringleader, who is hiding out here in this castle to escape justice.

His cover identity as a slave is interesting, and I've been wondering what his history is. I have not checked it in legends mode, as it would be more fun to find out through other means. Some future adventurer could "free" him and go on a quest to explore his history. There's a risk he would not survive, but the time might be right to explore some of these side stories.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 03:18:24 am by Bralbaard »

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: January 11, 2022, 02:38:03 am »

double post. oops.

Might post something interesting here later..
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 02:44:29 am by Bralbaard »

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: January 11, 2022, 04:46:23 am »

His cover identity as a slave is interesting, and I've been wondering what his history is. I have not checked it in legends mode, as it would be more fun to find out through other means. Some future adventurer could "free" him and go on a quest to explore his history. There's a risk he would not survive, but the time might be right to explore some of these side stories.

So about that:

Extracts from the Journal of Holyblood.

2nd of Granite 830:

I was at the museum examining some of the exhibits. Lirstal Sinsot Atol is incredible and an amazing piece of dwarven smithing, i was surprised it wasn't an offical submission. Just amongst on the many treasures left here by adventurers. Curious i struck up conversation with Ngokang Strangecurses, for a goblin he was an interesting fellow. His father was a infected thrall and lived to be 811 years old. We continued our chats about the world, strange goings on and the sort. I was surprised he seemed to agree with me on multiple things but still challenged a few of my other beliefs. I asked him about the slave thing and he dropped it instantly. It was his excuse, i enquired further. Seems he had encountered alot in the world and wished to explore it but he felt like he couldn't do it alone and asked me to free him. I rolled my eyes and this part and announced that i would free him. So we are traveling together now.

4th of Granite 830:

Just resting in Skirtoracle, Mr Strangecurses  has certainly been enjoying himself. We have mostly been taking it easy, traveling a free days and resting. Offered to teach him some skills in combat
 but he refused. He said he will wait here whilst inquire about a job

17th of Opal 830:

Sometimes im reminded of why goblins are the worse, its getting late and we see a cave. What appears to be a friendly goblin scholar waving at us. As we approach, she revealed a bow and began firing at us. I charged towards her and bashed her head in with a book. Headed in and wow its an ancient kobold cave. We rested there whilst this broken excuse for a kobold was doing whatever he needed to do here. Him and his eggs.

4th of Obsidian 830:

Ngokang noticed a figure in the distance, said it was a musuem adventurer. Lurker. I was amazed that he was here in swordgleamed, this far south but it had been a year since i raised him. I said to Ngokang that i would head over and see how he was doing. He lunged at me, i tried to reason with him as his dented body continued to strike at me. He is feral like the others. Was there any of lurker left in him. I dispatched him. But when i turned around Ngokang was scared, he ran. I wanted to explain the misunderstanding to him but it was too late. Too late

17th of Hematite:

I have decided to take up Ngokangs mantle in honor of him. Its sad that our journey ended in such tragedy and to think all this for a goblin. Well no one seems to question it. Just got to put on a tough exterior and hold the fort down until he returns. If he returns, who knows maybe he is off having his own journey. Maybe fighting an actual minotaur instead of those stories he used to make up about his past.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 11:50:19 am by AvolitionBrit »
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: January 11, 2022, 05:33:06 am »

So this happened during your last adventure, and Ngokang is no longer in the museum? Interesting.
I wonder what will become of him.

(I've linked the story from the turn list with the rest of your entries)

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: January 11, 2022, 05:41:18 am »

Yeah, he isn't at the museum. I too am curious what will become of him. The posts i did for Holyblood are a bit of a mess the way i did it so i think il keep it simple for the next person or people. Cheers for linking it.

Hope your turn is going well.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 06:00:06 am by AvolitionBrit »

Drunken scholar

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: January 11, 2022, 11:25:33 am »

4th of Obsidian 830:

Ngokang noticed a figure in the distance, said it was a musuem adventurer. Lurker. I was amazed that he was here in swordgleamed, this far south but it had been a year since i raised him. I said to Ngokang that i would head over and see how he was doing. He lunged at me, i tried to reason with him as his dented body continued to strike at me. He is feral like the others. Was there any of lurker left in him. I dispatched him. But when i turned around Ngokang was scared, he ran. I wanted to explain the misunderstanding to him but it was too late. Too late
...well that was unexpected.

Slightly related, anyone care to resurrect my character again if possible? XD

For my next turn, if Lurker won't be resurrected, I'm planning to make a human from Clearmasters, get a bit of a clean start from my other adventurers, go back to the root of Lurker exploring Omon Obin, righting wrongs, killing goblins and hopefully advance through the ranks. Or maybe from Seńamatem, Lurker's birthplace. But running with an undead Lurker Onecbehal would also be interesting, just exploring everything that changed from his time (it's been almost half a century since his first death) would probably fill at least a few entries.

So about that
So about that...

Spoiler: image (click to show/hide)
It seems Legends Viewer doesn't think it's a cover. I'll have to check older LV saves to see if he had a false identity, but it doesn't seem like it. If I could find his true name in vanilla DF, it means that's his true name. I don't know how he remained a slave AND a bandit leader, but the ways of world generation are strange as always.

He also wants my artifact glass bucket? Oh-kaaaay... In fact, it's the first claim he ever made. Clearmasters gets all the interest apparently.

Looking further in Legends Viewer (and why haven't I done this before?), it gets stranger and stranger. It seems he was
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
All of this make him more trustworthy somehow, as he lost the membership of The Most Sin.

His father was a necromancer and lived to be 811 years old.
No, his father was a

Yeah, he isn't at the museum.
He's still the ringleader of the group that rules Boltspumpkin, so he should be there, right? Or return there by this time.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: January 11, 2022, 11:57:43 am »

Ah my mistake. I corrected that but yeah he has an interesting family.

I personally think this is good for Nogkang. Who knows he might meet someone. I think he is still in clearmasters but hasn't settled. He isn't in boltspumpkin thats for sure.

Drunken scholar

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: January 11, 2022, 11:59:01 am »

...well that was unexpected.

Slightly related, anyone care to resurrect my character again if possible? XD

For my next turn, if Lurker won't be resurrected, I'm planning to make a human from Clearmasters, get a bit of a clean start from my other adventurers, go back to the root of Lurker exploring Omon Obin, righting wrongs, killing goblins and hopefully advance through the ranks. Or maybe from Seńamatem, Lurker's birthplace. But running with an undead Lurker Onecbehal would also be interesting, just exploring everything that changed from his time (it's been almost half a century since his first death) would probably fill at least a few entries.

I've added the demand for resurrection to the missions section. I have no necromancy in mind for my current character, so you will have to tempt another adventurer. 
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 12:01:31 pm by Bralbaard »

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: January 11, 2022, 12:10:38 pm »

If no one revives you again Lurker i will do it. Just need to remember which one i brought you back as and il do a different one. Give you another cool power ahaha. Also run away.

Drunken scholar

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: January 11, 2022, 04:36:33 pm »

My name is Yufluggus and I am a kobold.

I can write. Words are fun, but I can not speak them, my throat just makes the wrong noises!
So I try to talk by writing, but most people can not read. It is very difficult.

A few days ago I met a human who can read, and he told me interesting things!
He said that kobolds are very rare creatures, and that there are only a few of us.
So few that we belong in a museum.
I did not know what a museum was, so I wrote a question in the sand.
The human said that museums store valuable things like gems and artifacts.

Now I have decided I want to go to the museum to become a submission.
I like valuable things!
And if kobolds belong in a museum then there may be more kobolds there.
Then I will no longer be a lonely kobold. Maybe we can even lay an egg!

I will not travel alone. My friends will come along with me.
There’s four of us. Fnirf, Osmos, Fit, and myself of course. 

Osmos is a cave blob. He follows me everywhere and he eats everything!
Fnirf is a wambler. he is cute and fluffy, and the smartest of our troop.
Fit is a gremlin. She likes pulling levers.

Also, did I mention that Fit can talk! The rest of us can’t. Fit will do all the talking!
And she talks a lot. She likes telling jokes.

Today we will leave on an adventure!

OOC: don't worry about the fluffy wambler. according to it's raws it is immune to certain syndromes, and I'm sure cave blob slime will be fine as well.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 04:42:10 pm by Bralbaard »

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: January 11, 2022, 05:05:37 pm »

Equal parts adorable and terrifying. I love it.
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: January 11, 2022, 05:16:02 pm »

I love it, the curiosity of the kobold is very well done.

Drunken scholar

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: January 11, 2022, 05:16:35 pm »

Woo! I had a hunch that Bralbaard Nilthatlosh might not be used here, any particular reason? Do you want him to just rest in Boltspumpkin a little more or did the kobold fever catch your fancy?

I love the story, it's minimalistic yet so very in character and so very early Bralbaard too. Same with the images, they might not be high art, but they fit the story great.

I've added the demand for resurrection to the missions section. I have no necromancy in mind for my current character, so you will have to tempt another adventurer.
If no one revives you again Lurker i will do it. Just need to remember which one i brought you back as and il do a different one. Give you another cool power ahaha. Also run away.
Thanks for the support! I hope Avolition or whoever you decide to use makes it and has great adventures on the way.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: January 11, 2022, 05:31:36 pm »

It's sometimes more fun to play as a new character, with a world that is still dangerous and terrifying.

All my companions are actually pets. You have a lot of interesting options as an outsider. and I just could not resist building a character with some weird pets.
For those interested: there are options to start a gremlin apocalypse,  since they only cost one urist per gremlin. I could have bought 255 of those.  With the right setup (3 peasant party) you could probably start with a thousand gremlins if you min-max it. On the other hand, scrolling through hundreds of pages of gremlin humor would likely be a bit too much, one gremlin sometimes is, actually.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 05:36:00 pm by Bralbaard »
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 263