Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 262

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 404441 times)

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
  • Necromancy Cultist, Any and All Pronouns
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game
« Reply #1530 on: January 16, 2022, 01:17:29 pm »

I wonder how bralbaard is doing on their current turn rn, I can't wait to see of what he will write next about what's been happening in his current turn rn when he is done with his current turn and stuff

Note:i have been recently active on my Bay12 forums profile for a while been keeping a eye on this succession game to see what will happen next and to make sure i won't miss my turn this time
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 01:20:09 pm by WonderPsycho »
GLORY UPON THE LORDS OF DEATH, PRAISE NECROMANCY!!

Zed Apocalypse Undead Infection Mini Mod
Civs+ Mod

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: January 16, 2022, 04:12:46 pm »

Our journey has started but it is difficult!
We have to travel very far to the north.
I tried to sneak into a human town to take some food, but they only have vegetables! How can they eat these things?
And the humans have all gone mad too. Fnirf says it’s the Omon blight. They were killing eachother!
It is a good thing kobolds can hide well.
We tried to explore the sewers and catacombs below the city, but there were only skeletons and no loot.
Fnirf was anxious and told me this city was Scarletbronze and that it was very dangerous.
We left because Fnirf is a fluffy wambler and they are smart.

Next the most amazing thing happened!
We tried to sneak into a camp, and we found that it was full of kobolds!
But they all ran away. They must have been afraid of Osmos and Fit.
For kobolds it is always smart to run away from strange things. I run away a lot myself.
But this made me sad.

They ran everywhere!

But I found many things in the camp.
Clothing that fits me!
And a map with dwarven fortresses! Kobolds always try to take things from dwarves.
They have the best things to take! But they always get very, very, angry.
Dwarves are big and nasty and very dangerous.
So the kobolds run away very fast, most of the time.

Now we have a map with fortresses we can sneak into.
And run away from if discovered. I am a real kobold adventurer now!

Next there was a very long way to walk
We walked north for a day, and another day, and then it got very cold.
There were no trees anymore, just snow.
The first fortress on the map is not far away!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 09:02:34 am by Bralbaard »

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: January 16, 2022, 05:33:08 pm »

Fnirf calls this place Dyezeal.
The tundra is a terrible place and very cold so we quickly go inside!
There are no angry dwarves here, just lots of wild animals.
There is a stairs into a cave deep below the ground but nothing shiny.
The sneaky dwarves are hiding their treasures somewhere else!

We search for a long time.
I find a secret entrance away from the main entrance. Kobolds are good at finding secrets!

There is a river under the Ice here!
I swim in the river but it is very cold and long.
And then the river runs into a dead end, and there is no treasure.
I am very cold and wet now. And I hate dwarves.

The next day was much worse. The tundra is so cold and then..
Then wolves came, and we had to fight!
But the wolves, they killed Osmos and Fit!
I survived because I can fight well, and Fnirf survived because wamblers are smart.
I liked Osmos and Fit. I hate wolves and dwarves.

Fnirf and I walked a lot more, or I walked and Fnirf sat on my head because he is smart.
Then we got to the next place, it was still cold.

Sealsabres it is called.
I crawled to the fortress but there were many dwarves and huge monsters!
Fnirf says they are voracious cave crawlers. He wrote it for me because it is a difficult word.
Then a dwarf spotted me!
I wanted to run away like kobolds always do, but then...

Then I was having so much luck!
Suddenly all the monsters and dwarves died!
For some reason Fnirf and I did not die, which is good!

We went into the fortress, and it really was my lucky day. it had a trap corridor!
Trap corridors are fun!  Humans and Dwarves are slow and clumsy and they get hurt.
But kobolds are too fast, and wamblers too!

All the nasty dwarves and monsters in the fortress were also dead. It was strange.
But the treasures were still there, I was so lucky!
Inside there was a very large temple with many gods.
It was very high, with many floors!

All the gods had golden statues! I like the statue of lumnum the most!

Fnirf says I should not topple statues in temples, so I'll look for other treasures first.
There are more traps down here, which is fun.
And there are levers. Fit liked pulling levers a lot, like all Gremlins.
But kobolds do not like pulling levers. It wakes up the dwarves.
But I will pull this lever. I want to go deeper in the fortress!

-----
OOC: Crushed by a drawbridge. At least Fnirf the fluffy wambler survived (judging by the small dot on the drawbridge).
He always was the smartest.

Edit: save uploaded!

https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15821

There is a new fortress: Waterdeeps. It can be found at the source of the Purged Loot, the greatest river on the continent.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2022, 02:54:19 am by Bralbaard »

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: January 16, 2022, 06:10:30 pm »

and right as to what i said earlier Bralbaard has posted and finished their turn, a nice tale of a little kobold and his companions while also encountering a little of The Obin Blight/Omon Blight outbreak, nice writing bralbaard
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 08:26:07 pm by WonderPsycho »

Civs+ Mod

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: January 16, 2022, 06:19:58 pm »

and right as to what i said earlier Bralbaard has posted and finished their turn, a nice tale of a little kobold and his companions while also encountering a little of the The Obin Blight/Omon Blight outbreak, nice writing bralbaard
also very unfortunate but pretty funny that our little kobold friend bralbaard was controlling was crushed by a draw bridge by using a lever he did not know would do

Civs+ Mod

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: January 16, 2022, 06:28:58 pm »

Oh dear, a kobold got stuck in the garbage disposal. Poor Yufluggus.
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: January 16, 2022, 06:55:25 pm »

What a sad end to innocent kobold, he was taken from us too soon. Great job Bralbaard, downloading this turn to see how to world is doing.

Also it seems like the Blight death curse struck you again. It must be horrifing watching people rapidly age and collapsing on the ground.
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: January 16, 2022, 07:00:52 pm »

Looking through the legends; the Staff of Kissing now count Moldath as one of their own, and they have a new Queen after King Tobul Tomeschance finally died of old age.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: January 16, 2022, 07:02:36 pm »

would be interesting to see if Moldath becomes a baron or even king of the staff of kissing. But still glad to hear your not being moved around to fortresses this turn. Hope moldath stays put for you.

Edit : Just seen the population numbers, looks like the goblins have bounced back from Avolitions rampage.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 08:05:08 pm by AvolitionBrit »
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: January 17, 2022, 12:53:34 am »

I still have a feeling that this apocalypse of The Omon Blight/Obin Blight/Orid Blight etc, is gonna cause age change in the world of Orid Xem's history soon, considering so far the blight has been spreading and causing chaos in The Realm of Silver and The Walled Dye

Civs+ Mod

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: January 17, 2022, 08:11:30 am »

I really thought that lever would open up another part of the fortress :D. I had pulled several others before that did open up new areas.
Also the delay in activation was large enough for me to loiter about a bit, enter the room and get smashed, with a surprised look on my face.

I did enjoy myself though.
In any case, I never made a clear note about who constructed Sealsabres. I think it was Eric Blank? It is an impressive fortress.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: January 17, 2022, 02:41:42 pm »

Great stuff as always everyone. This time I actually managed not to miss my turn. Haha. Still have no idea what I want to play next after all this time, but I'll come up with something. Gonna get started tomorrow or the day after!
I've lost control of my life.

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: January 17, 2022, 03:16:53 pm »

Great stuff as always everyone. This time I actually managed not to miss my turn. Haha. Still have no idea what I want to play next after all this time, but I'll come up with something. Gonna get started tomorrow or the day after!
great news

Civs+ Mod

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: January 17, 2022, 05:27:43 pm »

Next the most amazing thing happened!
We tried to sneak into a camp, and we found that it was full of kobolds!
But they all ran away. They must have been afraid of Osmos and Fit.
For kobolds it is always smart to run away from strange things. I run away a lot myself.
But this made me sad.
Sad, but fitting. "It's in our nature, so I can understand that, but it makes me sad too." At least they didn't outright ambush/attack him as it happened to a lot of adventurers. This reminds me of that epic necromancer adventurer death in the Museum I who had a pack of over 70 undead and he was killed by an ambush of over 100 kobolds, all the while crying (in the viking style) "I am invincible!"

Now we have a map with fortresses we can sneak into.
And run away from if discovered. I am a real kobold adventurer now!
That sounds indeed like how a kobold would describe "adventures".

I liked Osmos and Fit. I hate wolves and dwarves.
...my cold, dead heart. I-i-is it b-b-beating? Whyyyyyy?

Then I was having so much luck!
Suddenly all the monsters and dwarves died!
For some reason Fnirf and I did not die, which is good!

Ah yes, the death curse of adventurers, hitting even in a living world. Ironically, I think Bralbaard is the first one to have (accidentally) chronicled a case in the Museum I thread when some thug or another died "of old age" right before him mid-talk.

Also it seems like the Blight death curse struck you again. It must be horrifing watching people rapidly age and collapsing on the ground.
It looks like you beat me to that observation. Nice.
Looking through the legends; the Staff of Kissing now count Moldath as one of their own, and they have a new Queen after King Tobul Tomeschance finally died of old age.
This might count as spoiler regarding vampires outside world generation, but regarding Moldath from all my observations (at least on Uja), it appears that
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I still have a feeling that this apocalypse of The Omon Blight/Obin Blight/Orid Blight etc, is gonna cause age change in the world of Orid Xem's history soon, considering so far the blight has been spreading and causing chaos in The Realm of Silver and The Walled Dye
That'd be awesome. By the way, I've finally created a page for the Omon blight a few days ago. Note it might contain spoilers.
Good luck with your turn, Unraveller!
I'm torn about this. On the one hand, I've waited for Tobul's death for a couple of turns now. On the other, as far as I know, he's the only mortal that still ruled a civilization since World Activation, almost a century and a half ago. He's only rivaled in recent times by Bëmbul Ginetadil, Bralbaard's predecessor.

Speaking of Nomal Alis (The Staff of Kissing), it looks like population-wise it's dying. Adilatír for better or worse incorporated those humans, so now it has over 1500 total population, but Nomal Alis is heading towards extinction.

Now that I think about it, does anyone think we'll have human Adilatír settlers? Ah, I think we won't for the simple reason that they appear to be abstract population. They're just numbers and aren't "real" people until an adventurer talks to them. Speaking of, that's an interesting in-world quirk for adventurers too. How could I describe in-world the fact that someone is not "real" until an adventurer talks to them?
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: January 17, 2022, 05:58:50 pm »

Conceivably we can bolster the Staff of Kissing by making new player forts. Their Mountainhome is a player fort. You'd get two hard coded migrant waves before starting to get dwarves from other sites, but then you'd run the risk of a suspiciously familiar rotting fellow turning up...
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 262