Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 263

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 409711 times)

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game
« Reply #1575 on: February 07, 2022, 05:35:29 pm »

Which locations?

The area around the new fortress :-), I had to rearange text and lines from other sites to keep it all readable.
It's no problem, I have it all in photoshop in layers, so editing is easy enough.

Keep the new sites coming! 

« Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 05:59:24 pm by Bralbaard »

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
  • Necromancy Cultist, Any and All Pronouns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: February 07, 2022, 07:45:45 pm »

Which locations?

The area around the new fortress :-), I had to rearange text and lines from other sites to keep it all readable.
It's no problem, I have it all in photoshop in layers, so editing is easy enough.

Keep the new sites coming!
nice
GLORY UPON THE LORDS OF DEATH, PRAISE NECROMANCY!!

Zed Apocalypse Undead Infection Mini Mod
Civs+ Mod

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: February 07, 2022, 07:50:07 pm »

That's why I blew up the map to twice or more its size when I made it for the capitals and such.

By the way, I'm not sure I'll ever update it again unless there are some truly epic locations or civilizations move capitals for some reason. For the same reason as Bralbaard I suppose, it turns out there are probably such things as "insignificant" locations after a while. Plus, the Legends Viewer map shows all locations, though somewhat clunky. On the other hand, I might discover some very important locations and edit the map then.

I used a utility (perfectworldDF) for map generation, and also edited several other files to guide the process a bit. (I limited the spam of useless hillocks and goblin pits, and limited the number of civs for some races. I also made goblins build roads). Other than that it is unmodded.

I call that modded. Completely unmodded means to me that it can be regened simply with the parameters in the save file, which is not so at the moment. There's nothing wrong with something being modded, I just feel like pointing that's why I consider the game modded.
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: February 07, 2022, 08:10:52 pm »

So I had a quick adventure mode. Probably post it before my turn is up. Also noticed one of your images on the first posts broke
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: February 07, 2022, 08:15:29 pm »

That didn’t last long. Are you making a new fort?
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: February 07, 2022, 08:21:19 pm »

I think that will be the plan.

Drunken scholar

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: February 08, 2022, 02:52:07 am »

I used a utility (perfectworldDF) for map generation, and also edited several other files to guide the process a bit. (I limited the spam of useless hillocks and goblin pits, and limited the number of civs for some races. I also made goblins build roads). Other than that it is unmodded.

I call that modded. Completely unmodded means to me that it can be regened simply with the parameters in the save file, which is not so at the moment. There's nothing wrong with something being modded, I just feel like pointing that's why I consider the game modded.

PerfectworldDF is not modding in my opinion, but I admit that the other changes are. They should have no influence on gameplay, only world gen.  I considered replacing the changed files with vanilla after generating, but I'm not sure if I did.  Anyhow the gameplay should be a vanilla experience.
PerfectworldDF stores all information in the world_gen.txt file, it does not generate the map itself but just gives DF (modded or not) the correct input. You can extract the parameters that were used from any save game by going into legends and exporting map/gen info by pressing "p". The information is in "save-world_gen_param.txt"

Also noticed one of your images on the first posts broke

Again?  :( I initially had the files at a different hosting site at the request of one of the Chinese players because Imgur is blocked there. I thought I moved everything over to Imgur after stuff started to randomly break, but apparently I did not. Will fix it later.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 05:20:00 am by Bralbaard »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: February 09, 2022, 05:41:12 pm »

I would like to be added to the list again, if I may
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: February 09, 2022, 05:56:59 pm »

Turn list updated!
Also the broken images have fixed themselves without any intervention. I probably should move them over anyhow.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 06:04:04 pm by Bralbaard »

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: February 12, 2022, 05:12:13 am »

Since Brit hasn't posted yet (thanks again for all the trouble you went to find my chars and sorry for the bother), might as well post a few thing I've found while lurking so I won't steal his thunder when he posts his adventures/the save.

Well, we've arrived here as well.

The last living roc now has his own article. I'm very curious what will happen to him. Will he find his end in a fortress, to the hands of an adventurer or will an overseer imprison him in the dark forever? Who knows.

Looks like I'm on a roll today. I found where Mong Uthros' people went. 5000 of them at least. This is also where the current Elven queen Futace Rofailare holed up for over 300 years.

Ah. I found something... I dare say probably as groundbreaking as vaults.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Did anyone else know about this until now?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2022, 07:02:55 am by Lurker Z »

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: February 12, 2022, 10:21:13 am »

Do NOT visit Twinklingprison. Its a regular sized castle with >5000 humans chilling out in it. You can imagine what that does to your FPS. I visited it when Moldath was exploring Mong Uthros and it took at least 30 mins to escape and offload the site.

Pretty sure necromancers are supposed to be able to create ghouls, like old Thranan here.
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: February 12, 2022, 01:22:10 pm »

Extracts from the unpublish book "The hollow Hunter beastiary by Tosace Skunkbegun"

Extract 1 - foreword

"Whilst i had only just begun to document wildlife, i had not intended to cover this monster. This book was originally going to cover the plump helmet men. Having reached Frostwall the last bastion, a cold and foggy place I seeked out the couple of plump helmets, Vutok and Oddom. A lovely couple who asked me to help bring plump helmet artifacts towards the musuem. Having our path made through the mountains of palaceworks, we saw carnage. Corpses littered the land. Inside i rolled a divination dice for good luck on our travels, this saved me from the horrific fate"

Extract 2

"The creature cannot be seen but isn't intangible. When i shoot a wooden arrow in the rough direction of it, it made contact with something. It has powerful weaponry, teeth, claws or both. I watched in horror as it tore into two armored plump helmet in pieces within a seconds. It was like the wind was fighting them "

Extract 3

"As for its diet, it appears to be able to go for long periods of time without food, the barren mountains couldn't sustain something that large. I deicieded on the name Hollow hunter for them as their could be others out their. They are empty and stalk the mountains"

Extract 4

"If it wasn't for those brave plump helmets i would likely not be hear today. So in their honor i collected Tineequal the gold of balance and wrapped it in eventeal. Two plump helmet artifacts honored for two brave plump helmets are now on display in the museum. I leave this book here in hopes of warning newbie adventurers away from the mountains that suround palaceworks and hollow hunters that stalk the land."

Extract 5

"The beastiary will be updated once i return to the north, i am hopping an elf will know more about them."

No communication has been recieved from Tosace Skunkbegun, the penguin woman in over five years. Assumed dead
« Last Edit: February 12, 2022, 01:23:48 pm by AvolitionBrit »

Drunken scholar

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: February 12, 2022, 01:38:54 pm »

Nice story, is there more of it? Looking forward if so, also for the save.

Poor animal people, they're really underwhelmed for these post-apocalyptic lands. Well, except massive ones like bear (wo)men and elephant wo(men), but still. I suppose I can see the advantage of companions, i.e. canon fodder, Bralbaard was always in the habit of using them to great extent, but I'm not too keen on what complications they could bring (also could forget to follow or such).

Yeah, Palacework being a death trap is all on Cog. She brought back most, if not all, the hollow hunters stalking that place. The invisibility bug is just the icing (albeit a thorny one) on the cake. Glad you survived to make your way to the Museum. Ironic that you've be stalking Palacework even before we talked about Bomrek.

Did you manage to make a fort?

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: February 12, 2022, 01:56:18 pm »

No more, short and simple sadly.

Animal people are fun, bark scorpions are my favourite but yeah smaller ones do get destroyed. Something i learned with the invisibilty is if you have a ranged compainon they can shoot at the invisible target. Was controlling the plumphelmets and see wooden arrows fund against the hollow hunter.

Its is and yeah it was a little conicidence that. Small world

Yeah, im playing it currently was going well then weremammoth diesease arrived and is spreading again.

Drunken scholar

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: February 13, 2022, 09:29:58 am »

Well this is interesting, Bralbaard has turned up in my fort.

Drunken scholar
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 263