Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 263

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 409436 times)

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game
« Reply #1950 on: April 17, 2022, 01:15:42 pm »

If you think the raws were modified, shift+delete the raw folder in the save and copy a new version from your main folder. That way there will be no leftovers remaining.

That is some handy information to have for the future in general

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: April 17, 2022, 01:24:50 pm »

Nuking the whole raws is a bit unnecessary, especially if you want to keep some of the few changes made. You should only need to change the init file in the save. Or you could just replace the init and colors file with the vanilla ones from the main folder. If you were to edit them, the relevant info should be. . .

[FULLFONT:curses_INSERT TILE IMAGE NAME HERE.png]

And

[GRAPHICS:NO]
[GRAPHICS_WINDOWEDX:0]
[GRAPHICS_WINDOWEDY:0]
[GRAPHICS_FONT:INSERT HERE.png]
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENX:0]
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENY:0]
[GRAPHICS_FULLFONT:INSERT HERE.png]
[GRAPHICS_BLACK_SPACE:YES]

Those should control the graphics/tiles, the image names are within the curses folder of df iirc. One may also need to change the colors file as well. But either way I suppose it's not really much of a big deal.
I've lost control of my life.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: April 17, 2022, 04:48:02 pm »

It looks like LNP was used to install graphics. I have no experience with it, but I installed the Phoebus tileset and enabled graphics mode and it looks okay with that so I assume that was the one used. I'm not going to delete the graphics files, but I am going to switch the raws back to ASCII, I'll keep the kobold and dwarf changes.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 04:54:52 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: April 17, 2022, 05:55:08 pm »

LNP won't let you install graphics over modded RAWs. I have used LNP to change the graphics to Phoebus on my turns by copying fresh RAWs over the existing one, updating graphics in LNP, then adding then modifying the RAWs to allow dwarf/kobold outsiders (and elf and goblin too, for giggles).

Good luck with your turn!
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
  • Necromancy Cultist, Any and All Pronouns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: April 23, 2022, 11:27:09 pm »

aight at this point i feel like i might not make post 2 cause of how much i have to write for it along with the amount of screenshots i took, or I might continue on trying to finish it and stay determined but who knows
GLORY UPON THE LORDS OF DEATH, PRAISE NECROMANCY!!

Zed Apocalypse Undead Infection Mini Mod
Civs+ Mod

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: April 24, 2022, 02:37:04 am »

Yeeea so there was some success going on here in my turn, not only of the adventuring sort.

https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15893

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That was a hairy fight, and I have no idea who this Tosid character could possibly be, or where she gained such amazing skill and a suit of steel armor, legends mode reveals only that she had been killed twice before in Shipwheeled. I encountered her wandering in the forest, wondering what that asterisk could be, and found out too late there was nowhere to run from the Nothing. If Pik or Desli had been alone, it would have been impossible as I could not attack her and had to rely on the AI. Pik being immediately disarmed made Desli the logical choice, but her getting disarmed too, twice no less, made it even more anxiety-inducing.

Anyway, spoiler alert!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh, also also also, I kept the modified objects folder, just renamed it, and replaced it with a vanilla objects folder and added the changes to dwarves and kobolds.

Also also, the save on my computer came out to 4.11 gb, up from 2.91 after unpacking the turn 78 save. WTF? I might have to delete the save just because my laptop only has like 10 gigs of space left and i cant run my external HDD without a reliable power source
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 02:49:04 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: April 24, 2022, 02:55:25 am »

aight at this point i feel like i might not make post 2 cause of how much i have to write for it along with the amount of screenshots i took, or I might continue on trying to finish it and stay determined but who knows

I was looking forward to reading the second part. Also there is no obligation to use all the screenshots, or summarize everything that happened. Just the highlights would be fine too.
Also nice to see that Pik and Desli have been on the move again. I actually tried to visit them during my turn to gift them a few gremlins. Sadly I could not find them.

Edit: One of those new hamlets Eric pointed out (Coalford) was actually settled by a single gremlin and a group of turkeys. It's one of the gremlins that applied for citizenship in Mischieflaws, Imiwe Hoistedjumped. Good to know gremlins are free to move about when they are proper citizens.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 07:34:04 am by Bralbaard »

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: April 24, 2022, 12:16:13 pm »

I was looking forward to reading the second part. Also there is no obligation to use all the screenshots, or summarize everything that happened. Just the highlights would be fine too.
Also nice to see that Pik and Desli have been on the move again. I actually tried to visit them during my turn to gift them a few gremlins. Sadly I could not find them.

sorry about holding back on what happened to my adventurer trio, truth is my main character Zal is dead, one of them went completely missing in action while fighting some undead and the last one starved to death, all that were left were some of the many gremlins that survived the chaos in a few parts and such, also thanks for telling me this i decided i'll continue working on my post 2 a bit more and getting it finished either on tomorrow or the day after tomorrow

Civs+ Mod

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: April 24, 2022, 04:04:47 pm »

Watching your story with interest Eric. Looks like you have been culling the ghouls too.

Also: I guess that makes it AvolitionBrit's turn?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 04:24:57 pm by kesperan »
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: April 26, 2022, 06:31:22 am »

Yeah, been playing it. Going good so far.
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: April 27, 2022, 02:46:07 pm »

changed my mind, sorry i couldn't get to writing alot on what happens in the end of my turn and stuff for post 2, just i really really want to focus on getting some other stuff i am working on done and stuff (examples include some videos i am working on for my yt channel and etc) and some other stuff, actually would it be fine if i made some videos on what happened in my turns in the future for this succession game maybe? or would that not be much of a good idea? i mean i will say i am pretty experienced with editing videos and can add in some commentary acting as the character in my turns in future turns and stuff but yeah, just a thought

Civs+ Mod

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: April 27, 2022, 03:13:41 pm »

however i can give a link to the imgur post i made with all the images i made for post 2 all archived at for every to look at even if i could not write everything and stuff because i was too stressed on wanting to work on some videos i really felt like i needed to work on and stuff

Civs+ Mod

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: April 27, 2022, 07:06:51 pm »

however i can give a link to the imgur post i made with all the images i made for post 2 all archived at for every to look at

That sounds great.

Good luck on your turn, Brit. Looking forward to seeing your adventures.
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: April 27, 2022, 08:53:37 pm »

here's the link to all of the images i had plans on using in post 2 but couldn't finish writing up all of post 2

https://imgur.com/a/eofNzmP
« Last Edit: April 27, 2022, 10:55:03 pm by WonderPsycho »

Civs+ Mod

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: April 28, 2022, 05:16:10 pm »

Thats a lot of gremlins

In fort mode I noticed the majority of workers I could request from those hillock that spawned had no names or weird names. Could they be gremlins that you guys imported? I didn't actually try.

I also took zero screenshots during adventure mode. Will try to post the last part tonight
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 263