Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 261

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 392247 times)

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game
« Reply #2025 on: May 13, 2022, 05:05:30 pm »

Assuming it wasn't made out of flamable/meltable material, a careful Dwarven Submarine may be able to recover it. Not certain about whether or not any of our undead fellows can retrieve  it, doesn't lava and fire do 'bleeding' damage so to speak?

It was (or is?) made of blistered metal:

My dwarven senses immediately perceived that this object was made of a metal so exotic and rare, that I am sure it must have been forged by a supernatural power. But then I perceived the aura of pure evil that permeated its blistered surface.

I have been able to resist reading beyond the title, and have wrapped it in a piece of cloth, but it still beckons me with visions of great power. I know it must be destroyed, for I somehow sense that the power that rests in this slab would destroy the remains of our dwarven empire instead of save it. Despite their cruelty and greed for power, I think the goblins that live here have never messed with this slab, I think they lack the skills to sense the exotic nature of this metal, and being immortal they may not be lured by its promises of an eternal life. I hope I can get away with stealing the item.

That was from my first adventure. I found the slab randomly lying around in Boltspumpkin before I even decided on making it the museum. It even magically returned to the museum after I accidently lost the slab in Treatyseed.

It should be magma safe, but it never magically returned to Boltspumpkin after being thrown in the volcano, like it did the first time it was dropped. Who knows, it might just be lying there in that volcano on top of the semi molten rock.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 05:24:55 pm by Bralbaard »

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: May 13, 2022, 05:24:31 pm »

Secret_6 I think will be next to impossible to recover, as Shieldtempests belongings are "lost" by the game.

Really, i know it doesnt show up if truly lost, For example, Frothebone is "lost" but its just on the shrine roof of the monestary and has been there through every new save. I think it still could be salvaged. Just need to figure out where he placed his belongings or where he was first struck down. A true needle in the haystack. But i think you may be right unless he placed his belongings elsewhere they were not by his remains. Ofcourse his reanimated corpse is around somewhere.

The Certain urns seems to have been destoryed but would be interesting if the volcano was drained and it was still around. Could be a fun little fortress flooding the surface with magma to find an ancient artifact.
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: May 13, 2022, 05:40:12 pm »

This is true artifact hunting right here

Also just finished reading unraveller's turn and GOT DANG

Besides the amazing writing quality the experiences are insane. Idk when Braal did it, but dropping some end-game boss level encounters in a city is hilarious and epic and I'm impressed you came out as whole as you did!

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: May 13, 2022, 07:02:02 pm »

The Certain urns seems to have been destoryed but would be interesting if the volcano was drained and it was still around. Could be a fun little fortress flooding the surface with magma to find an ancient artifact.

The main reason I think it is not recoverable is that Legends Viewer considers it destroyed - you get an error message when you try to search for it.

I mean, plenty artifacts go missing and cannot be found again but they still appear in LV.

Sorry about the random tangent but I so wanted to find this one with Moldath - it has the coolest procedurally generated name I have ever seen... but I scoured the catacmobs of Trammeledjudges with Moldath and it is nowhere to be found. That's how I ended up finding Thranan Echohails.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: May 13, 2022, 07:28:18 pm »

This is true artifact hunting right here

Also just finished reading unraveller's turn and GOT DANG

Besides the amazing writing quality the experiences are insane. Idk when Braal did it, but dropping some end-game boss level encounters in a city is hilarious and epic and I'm impressed you came out as whole as you did!

Thanks! If you feel like reading what led up to Scarletbronze being a home to Fell Weremammoths, here's a link to the adventure of Raki Umberclan who would become known as the Mad Monkey King! They would be a dire antagonist to this day had they not descended into the deepest pits of Orid Xem, never to return. . . Or will they?!?

As for the slab, I only did a very cursory check up by reclaiming Ironwords, nothing was at the bottom of the Burial of Enchantment's magma pool, however it may be scattered elsewhere on the mountain tile perhaps.
I've lost control of my life.

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
  • Mainly a lurker unfortunetley.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: May 13, 2022, 09:32:12 pm »

Yeah, just going to jump into the conversation here to say that The Certain Urns is definitely gone- it got thrown into a volcano, which provides a direct path to the top of the SMR… In other words, the Magma Flow tiles. Might as well have thrown it into one of the bottomless pits in hell. Per the wiki.
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker?

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: May 13, 2022, 11:14:39 pm »

I also threw a slab down a volcano on my first turn, and later threw Iden's corpse down the same volcano on my third turn.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: May 14, 2022, 12:38:29 am »

Yeah, just going to jump into the conversation here to say that The Certain Urns is definitely gone- it got thrown into a volcano, which provides a direct path to the top of the SMR… In other words, the Magma Flow tiles. Might as well have thrown it into one of the bottomless pits in hell. Per the wiki.

I' ve heard people claim SMR only destroys magma vulnerable stuff and that that makes it different from atom smashing.. but if legendsviewer can't find it is probably gone.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: May 14, 2022, 05:20:26 am »

I also threw a slab down a volcano on my first turn, and later threw Iden's corpse down the same volcano on my third turn.

Yeah, the one you destroyed is called The Unholy Evil. It also crashes LV when searched, so also gone forever. The other ones we can’t find are just “lost” and might turn up again some day.

I think Moldath’s and Holyblood’s quest to learn all 12 secrets might be impossible though unless the missing ones teleport home some how.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: May 14, 2022, 07:49:36 am »

Speaking of returning adventurers, I'd love to see Dreamypuzzled actually apotheosis within that goblin one day and return to Orid Xem. Could even df-hack them literally into a Zebra Monster and overlord of the Gobbo Civ, if we wanted to go that far, not certain on that front. Either way it's another fun little plotlime to continue.
That was me. I gave up after all the weapons I submitted to the museum warped back to their original locations, the remaining ones on my list crash the game if you go near them, and the law-giver I wanted to usurp is caught in limbo, either non-existant or in one of the areas that crash on load. If anyone wants to give it a try themselves, feel free.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: May 14, 2022, 05:18:31 pm »

I' ve heard people claim SMR only destroys magma vulnerable stuff and that that makes it different from atom smashing.. but if legendsviewer can't find it is probably gone.
Myth busted! I haven't been following the last few pages, but I saw this conversation and I can say that LV is crashed not just by destroyed artifacts, but also by artifacts in the possession of adventurers as far as I know, so it's likely artifacts in magma crash it because LV doesn't look so deep in the world or some other reason. So there could still be a chance artifacts can't be destroyed.

That was me. I gave up after all the weapons I submitted to the museum warped back to their original locations, the remaining ones on my list crash the game if you go near them, and the law-giver I wanted to usurp is caught in limbo, either non-existant or in one of the areas that crash on load. If anyone wants to give it a try themselves, feel free.
That was the artifacts in the possession of adventurers I was thinking about. They crash LV while possibly still existing in some form in the game.

Speaking of crashing, has anyone ever figured out why Brushsack crashes LV, but has no problem in the actual game? It's been bugging me for literal IRL months now.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 05:21:55 pm by Lurker Z »
Sigtext updated 05-10-2023.

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
  • Mainly a lurker unfortunetley.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: May 14, 2022, 05:36:34 pm »

Myth busted! I haven't been following the last few pages, but I saw this conversation and I can say that LV is crashed not just by destroyed artifacts, but also by artifacts in the possession of adventurers as far as I know, so it's likely artifacts in magma crash it because LV doesn't look so deep in the world or some other reason. So there could still be a chance artifacts can't be destroyed.

No, it’s not that LV isn’t looking deep enough, it’s that the slab in question fell onto a Magma Flow tile at the bottom of a volcano. According to the wiki, those delete objects dropped on them as surely as if they had been dropped into a pit in hell. There’s no object to find anymore.
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker?

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: May 15, 2022, 02:54:56 pm »

Speaking of crashing, has anyone ever figured out why Brushsack crashes LV, but has no problem in the actual game? It's been bugging me for literal IRL months now.

I've noticed a few sites have this issue, during my last turn, when the Band of Wax traveled to a western (south-western?) castle in Omon Obin, I intended to view its history, though it crashed LV, don't recall the name though. Again, nothing wrong with the site itself. I'm sure we could pinpoint the causes somewhat easily, just haven't dug into the sites file recently.
I've lost control of my life.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: May 17, 2022, 04:00:37 pm »

Any update on how your adventure is going NGN?

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: May 17, 2022, 09:06:18 pm »

Any update on how your adventure is going NGN?
It's coming along. I might not have any posts until after I finish because I don't think I have enough to play and write at the same time.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 261