Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 263

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 409559 times)

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game
« Reply #2370 on: October 18, 2022, 06:02:44 pm »

Surveyor Report - Site 23 - Entry 1 - 02/07/92

Site 23 as well as its predecessor were noted as a site of interest after the recent translation of an ancient Underdwarf scroll by the geologer scholars of our society. We believe with this we will find the site of the old worlds diamond mine. We know that diamonds exist due to the presence of certain fancy quires and carving knives made from the ellusive. The only raw sample is one blue diamond that was found hidden inside the scrolls left roller. Most of the scroll details the various geological findings of the dwarves it is amatuerist at best but this section stood out.

Ênor doren atöl, irol sital Allas Tarmid. Arak kathil. AREL UMID!
Blue diamond found, North West of The Sea of Blades. Shaft wet. WATERFALLS!

We took samples from the shore of The Merged Jungles.

Trace amounts of kimberlite present. Digging will commence shortly.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2022, 06:05:41 pm by AvolitionBrit »
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: October 19, 2022, 06:36:34 am »

Surveyor Report - Site 23 - Entry 14 - 21/01/93

THOSE FOOLS!, how can they mistranslate something so obvious. The space was present between water and falls. He didn't mean waterfalls!. He meant water falls!, the shaft flooded, the presence of a nearby ocean and an aquifer have produced a deadly combination, by the time spring arrived. The ice thawed and released a torrent, we lost 7 good miners in the accident and how i have guild representatives demanding compensation. I know what they want and they aren't getting it. No matter how many thugs they send. I have hidden it somewhere they will never find it, you reading that, YOU WONT GET IT.

Drunken scholar

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: October 19, 2022, 07:48:40 pm »

Turn done, story soon. Good luck Bralbaard. Sign me back up please.

I submit to the museum - octagon cut black diamonds.

Save - https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16128
Also side note. Who did this? As it plays a role in my story.

Spoiler: This (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2022, 07:54:14 pm by AvolitionBrit »

Drunken scholar

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: October 20, 2022, 12:24:32 pm »

I don't have time to play this week. That makes it Unraveller's turn.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: October 20, 2022, 12:26:20 pm »

It's the same deal for me actually, just bump me down to bellow wherever you bump yourself. Should be good to go by then.
I've lost control of my life.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: October 20, 2022, 12:29:42 pm »

I've bumped myself to the end of the list, so that might be a bit excessive. Just tell me how many places you want to be bumped.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: October 20, 2022, 01:46:21 pm »

Right between Lurker and Kesperan will work for me.

Actually should be ready sooner than anticipated. I could play after Noagga.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2022, 09:30:56 am by Unraveller »

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: October 20, 2022, 03:48:13 pm »

Somewhat related, is Moldath considered a coupist? How did he even rule Adilatir without killing the ruler at the time? Is Kothvir?

I will explain how Moldath became king, whenever I can get the time to write the last few chapters of my most recent turn. Kothvir didn't really want to be the law giver, and quickly renounced it.

Additionally Moldath showed up twice, started the fort, he comes as a migrant wave, eats a dwarf and I expelled.... He has been sealed in a empty room for years.

Poor Moldath is having a rough old time these days. Repeatedly flayed and imprisoned. Persecuted! I hope he stays in his locked cell this time. I am always concerned he is going to get himself killed with his constant misadventures...

Also side note. Who did this? As it plays a role in my story.
Someone cut the goblins guts and hands off. Put them on display and this poor blinded soul is still kicking. His hands and guts are on display. As Brunchsiege.

That would be me. Specifically, Kothvir Shadowstar the Black Raven. Blind handless goblins make superb training dummies.

I have had a look through legends viewer of the new save - looks like Avolition has done exactly what I wanted to do on my next turn - back to the drawing board I guess! Morul Kan now have a mountainhome, and the king has migrated there and had children - we have a functioning royal family for the previously extinct dwarven civilisation. There are now more Morul Kan dwarves than Walled Dye and Staff of Kissing combined... this game never ceases to amaze.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 04:15:44 pm by kesperan »
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: October 20, 2022, 04:48:56 pm »

I noticed Adilatír population falling vertiginously, I think the biggest problem is the capital Ilrallenod, which I don't see how we can change. We could do it to the other two civs because their capitals were ruins, but Ilrallenod is a major religious hub, among other things. The blighted thralls and attempted cullings are also major problems. I honestly don't see a solution except keep making void dwarves, fortress, babies, retiring, making new ones to fill them etc. etc. On the bright side, as I've noted and mentioned before, the game does give from time to time void dwarven historical figures, as it does even for elves or humans. But yes, in the long run, Adilatír's fall in population if nothing else is as surprising for me.

I am always concerned he is going to get himself killed with his constant misadventures...
NPC!Moldath's luck boggles my mind. One part of that luck is that he keeps running into forts of players who recognize him. Another part of luck is that wherever he goes, the place is not attacked like Bralbaard found his final death in Sethurdim Mestthos Oram (or so I suspect).

I can't believe I'm saying this, but he may have been safest as a Broker in Eskon. The only thing around Eskon was Omon Obin territory, and nobody was going to attack it soon (plus it's not at war with anyone). On the other hand, I'm glad he's out of my hair, if I ever reclaim I won't have to worry about an insane vampire eating my forced laborers precious historical figures. Well, until the migrant waves...

Since I'm posting, I have to ask: has anyone any leads on Lurker Onecbehal's corpse? At this point, I'm seriously considering making a reincarnated character - it's been a long time since then that a fresh start may be warranted - but I'd at least put his undead rear in a fort or something. I think Bomrek, the soldier of night, is having the time of his (un)life in Iroram. By the way, it hasn't been mentioned, but Moldath killed most of Bomrek's kin while Bomrek was (un)living the (un)life with the dwarves of Adilatír. Well, it was probably a release anyway. I think I'm giving up trying to restore Dalzatèzum, at least in my next turn.
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: October 21, 2022, 03:20:20 am »

To be fair, moldath got repeatedly flayed because all his flesh was rotten, to the point he was stinking up the halls just existing. He immediately went straight to the hospital and stayed there for months before the doctors finally discharged him. Really did get some surgeon experience there. Didn't help the miasma though.

In fact his urge to check himself in to the hospital is how I got him into a cage, not for the murder. I designated a cage trap as a hospital zone and he went and laid down in it and got caught. That counted as serving his sentence as well, coincidentally.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: October 21, 2022, 07:24:28 am »

I'm not gonna lie, I think one of the best possible moves at this point would be to reclaim Treatyseed. I suspect that until someone does that, it's gonna be a permanent drain on the Dwarven population, as well as all Dwarven Monarchs, Nobles, retired adventurers, etc. etc...
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: October 21, 2022, 08:57:02 am »

The big problem is the religious buildings, I don't know if they were destroyed in the reclaiming (I think Bralbaard token-reclaimed it to get rid of the blighted thralls; I might be confusing or conflating things) or if their destruction even counts for religious people not coming to Ilrallenod anymore. As long as religious goblins or what have you come as religious figures, you'll always have a mini-civil war every time the site is activated by an adventurer. If I'm not mistaken, this is how Ledir died, by a mini-civil war activated by Arcturus, who actually respected the guy and didn't want him dead, so this isn't happening only in Adilatír.

The two ways I can see this being theoretically resolved is either someone makes a mountainhome where all the Kings and Queens move to from now on (Imic tried that and it didn't stick, but it worked for other civs for some reasons) or whoever reclaims Ilrallenod builds in such ways that creatures can't interact with each other, but that adventurers can traverse none-the-less. That's way beyond something I can even begin to image or design.

Edit: Even if we remove the need for adventurers to enter that theoretical fort, that's still mind-boggling to even imagine doing, considering I know there were bugs (they might have been fixed from the versions I was playing) where moved dwarves spawn inside undiscovered rock.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2022, 09:02:11 am by Lurker Z »
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: October 21, 2022, 09:35:54 am »

You can jump through fortifications, right? Those can be used to create adventurer-only pathways.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: October 21, 2022, 10:16:25 am »

In Realm of Silver news, Irka Tinsabre, heir of Jas Gloryage the Worshipful, Lawgiver of Omon Obin, is already now 32 years old. Jas' boy has become a man. A few years ago the young lord became Holy Eel of the Frothy Coven, leader of a cult who worships. . . Gopet the Putrid Cyst. God of death and disease.

Meanwhile Rimtil Minetwinkle, Jas and Detsis' daughter is now 30. And she has become the Holy Subtlety of The Fellowship of Light, praising Bikda god of Night, Moon, and Trees. Do we perhaps have an interesting sibling tragedy arc coming up next in Omon Obin??

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: October 21, 2022, 10:54:58 am »

Certainly setting up some great division in the realm of silver. Looks like Jas' legacy could be toppled by his son. I wonder what the old timer thinks of it all. Will Jas adventure again?

If so will his son  usurp him during his travels? Wonder which religion in the realm of silver has the greatest hold within the people.

Drunken scholar
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 263