Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 263

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 409379 times)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game
« Reply #2400 on: October 23, 2022, 09:33:53 am »

On that note, has anyone contacted Noagga? Looks as if thoigh they've been on recently so it shouldn't end up a missed turn I'd think.

Bralbaard, since you haven't bumped me down yet, on my own end, I'm free more expediently than I expected, I'll be ready to play after Noagga.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2022, 10:13:18 am by Unraveller »
I've lost control of my life.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: October 23, 2022, 09:59:55 am »

I'm also okay with being moved up if needed!

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: October 24, 2022, 03:56:19 pm »

On that note, has anyone contacted Noagga? Looks as if thoigh they've been on recently so it shouldn't end up a missed turn I'd think.

Bralbaard, since you haven't bumped me down yet, on my own end, I'm free more expediently than I expected, I'll be ready to play after Noagga.

I have send Noagga a PM, but have not heard anything, but if Noagga is active they could have picked up the save?  Let's wait a few more days?
I had not reordered the list yet, so Unraveller is now the next on the list.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: October 24, 2022, 05:14:35 pm »

The Spring of Rusna Springblossom the Gulf of Liberties

Shatag be praised, i found a gem worthy of one of his crafts, it was hidden in the spine of The Student's Surveying. Such an interesting read and the research notes here have so much detail. The mountain home must hear about this. I have uncovered a blue diamond thats bitter coldness could only be of shatags will. His command of his winter condensed into such a beautiful jewel. I pocket it and continue reading what research notes are still understandible. I will send word to the mountain home for we have a fine location to build a fortress in this new world.

I have continued on to my next destination, the great smelterys of Ironwards. A truely horrific site, the entire site is mostly surrounded by lava but i managed to find safe passage across a section of land that is blackened and charred. The ground crunched as i crossed it and then i saw them. Horrific shadowy creatures contorted into horrific possitions. But they wern't some abombination of The Black. Although it screamed his handy work, they were all incased in obsidion, twisted dark statues of these creatures last moments of utter pain as their blood boiled and their bones melted. I smacked one with my golden whip and fragments of mishapen bones were all that was left. I continued in and saw the "residents". The seemed to be mostly friendly although they clearly were scavanders or lodgers of somekind. The rags and mismatched armor gave them away, i asked directions to the fortress smeltery but they just gauntly stared at me until pointing me towards the staircase. The place was littered with the bones of dwarves and something else.

I desended the depths and i found it. A grand hall of smelterys and anvils, that would make Shatag weep with joy. They had piles of finished bolts, steel, iron and BY SHATAGS BURLY BEARD, Adamantine. The metal of the gods, this is the stuff of legends. The holyiest metal forged by Shatag himself to forever seal the demons away. There is so much of it. I only find an Exceptional Adamantine sword but no other crafts. Why had such a great and prosperous fort declined. My mind quickly turned towards the deep descending staircase, i will journey further down. Soon but first i gather as many wafers as this bag can carry.

By the Spring of Shatag continue to grow my collection of materials.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2022, 05:32:16 pm by AvolitionBrit »
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: October 24, 2022, 07:12:14 pm »

Hate to keep flio-flopping, something has once again come up that will require my attention this week. Could I be moved below Yarlig?
I've lost control of my life.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: October 26, 2022, 01:06:52 pm »

Interesting start Avolition.

I’m guessing by the gold whip that you started off as a dwarf outsider who got adopted by the Morul Kan and started worshipping Shatag?

Any word from Noagga?
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: October 27, 2022, 05:51:25 pm »

Yeah, basically i wanted to gather the best ingredients possible. Then make god tier artifacts, somewhat worked. Bones of demons were instantly trashed.

Also Nogga has been inactive for just more than a week now. Not sure if they will show. But hope they do always interesting to see what new people bring to Orid Xem

Drunken scholar

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: October 28, 2022, 06:02:48 am »

Hate to keep flio-flopping, something has once again come up that will require my attention this week. Could I be moved below Yarlig?

That's no problem.

It's Yarlig's turn now.

Yarlig

• Bay Watcher
  • High Master Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: October 29, 2022, 07:29:50 am »

OK; my time this week might be somewhat limited' but I'll try to squeeze it in.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: November 01, 2022, 11:16:45 am »

I was thinking of making this a New Year Special, but it's a good date as any to see some updates on the wiki's tops, because interesting moves have been happening:

Bralbaard surprisingly remains in first place by a small margin, but Moldath has skyrocketed in second place and either he and Avolition (or likely both) will overtake our good King in the near future. This is accounted by the fact that it feels like every other historical characters I write about, Moldath had some part of their lives (more often than not slaying them or bringing them back to life). Oddom remains in third and might or might not survive the next year(s), she is a rather important historical figure and depending on how many pre-8th-century articles will be made, she might still be mentioned quite a lot. Avolition rose from 6th to 4th, but as I said, I see him as the contender with Moldath for 1st place next year. Ricote and Calovi remain in 5th and 6th and once again, it is dependent on how many historical articles I'll write. They certainly did a lot of damage throughout history for them to have a chance to stay there for a while. Lurker Onecbehal is surprisingly still hanging in there, but since there's little I'll be able to reference of him in the future, he's basically leaving an open slot there for whoever comes from below. Lonelythrall is next, but considering the articles on the megabeasts that he slayed seem to be written already, unless he unretires or ascends to a high position, I don't give him chances of remaining the next year either. Bewa remains in the tops, again dependent on how much time I'll invest in chronicling the past and Cog returned to 10 with 27 links. Zemel has plummeted, I suspect owing to the fact of the discovery of House Gethdazsug-Estbuqui, as I was conflating House/dynasty links with personal links and she's likely not to return, since once again, I think I've exhausted all the articles that may be written about her.

Special mention to Raki with 25 links, a meteoric rise, probably due to the chronicles of all the people he turned into weremammoths. Fidale is relatively close to breaking into the top, if I write articles on all her companions she's likely to see the top, if just temporarily. Islas hangs on there with 24 links and Egu (the demon) and Asmel (the vampire source of most adventurer vampires bar Moldath, who did it the hard way, by personally angering a God) with 22.

I've also made a new section for top linked Houses, though the concept is still much less fleshed out than it could be.
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: November 01, 2022, 07:10:02 pm »

I always love reading your articles Lurker. You’ve made this world feel so much more alive!

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: November 02, 2022, 07:54:29 am »

The Summer of Rusna Springblossom the Gulf of Liberties

As i descend further into the depths the heat rises, I was sure we would reach the great magma see. I passed through an old trap hallway now inactive and disarmed. The corpses of alien beasts litter the ground, i even find crossbows made of an unknown creature. The passage got tighter as i reached Adamantine. By Shatags glorious beard, the vein had been hollowed out, the outside was hotter than any of Shatags scorching summers. Inside the vein a staircase of dwarven construction lead further down. below the magma sea.

It was some kind of fortress, an outpost. I looked out over the ramparts and battlements and found myself in an alien world. It was hell, the land of the demons, bolts littered the ground as the corpses of what must be the demons cascaded the landscape. The land was scattered with bright red glowing pits that seemed to descend forever, live great hungry maws consuming the land. I thought it was a myth but the demons were real. The Adamanite was indeed a holy seal. Great chunks of holy rock forged by Shatag himself to seal the demons from invading the surface world. This was most worrying indeed but the land was empty and void of life.

Heading further down i found someones bed, an outpost perhaps. Seems someone was holding back the demons. A marksman most likely judging by the bolts. I wonder if this is why the fortress is surrounded by lava perhaps one of their many measures to hold back these horrific creatures from invading the world. Yet eventually the demons will come back here and might push their luck. They must not get to the surface world. The bottom floor had a gated door, nearby it was its lever. I flicked it open and entered hell, i began to explore. Cresting the hill i saw strange weasel like demons in the distance spraying webs. Truly monstrous creatures indeed and deadly at that.

I was attacked,  animated steam in the form of a demon attacked at me. It scolded me, knocking me around, it was insanely quick and worst of all the noise of my gear being knocked around would surely lure more of them. Desperately grabbing on to my golden whip, i make several wild strikes in vein. When suddenly i hit it, the demon of steam recoiled as its arm, fell off before pooling as water upon the ground. I stuck again and again until all that was left was a formless puddle of water. I wasted no time in heading back towards the outpost. I could see that the weasels had made more ground towards the outpost. I quickly entered and sealed the gate behind me. The demons must be pushed back before they inevitably take this outpost. My mind is suddenly filled with inspiration, by Shatags mighty arms i must make a weapon of great power, with only the finest materials. Im not sure if i will use them all. I collect some of the many demon bones littering the fortress as the power contained within could make for a powerful artifact indeed. I hear Boltspumpkin is the place to go to learn about the going on in the world as well as its rich history. Its not too far south of here, i will make my journey their posthaste.

Drunken scholar

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: November 02, 2022, 09:53:18 am »

Wait, there's a gateway to hell in Ironwards?? I guess I never explored that far... will need to have another look!

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: November 02, 2022, 10:22:19 am »

Wait, there's a gateway to hell in Ironwards?? I guess I never explored that far... will need to have another look!
Yep, and the beginnings of an outpost down there as well (which I should really go back and finish at some point, TBH, but Abyssdeeps still needs touching up). As a hint: If you find a corridor with bridges at each end and spikes all over the place, you're on the right track to the Hellbunker.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2022, 10:26:59 am by Quantum Drop »
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: November 02, 2022, 11:07:44 am »

Yes. Ironwards is where Raki accidently dodged into a glowing pit.
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 263