Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 263

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 409545 times)

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game
« Reply #2415 on: November 02, 2022, 04:51:00 pm »

The Forging of

Finally after months of collecting materials, raiding the ancient vaults, collecting bones and rare leathers and seeking the sight of our diamond mine i was ready to create my artifact. It took some years, working the forge. Understanding the metal, watching other dwarves make fine crafts. It came my turn. Shattags glorious vision struck me. I was to build the weapon of the gods, I grab adamantine, then... the diamonds, first a green, then a yellow, red, blue and clear. I need something else, reindeer bones. I was ready to work. I spent months laboring over this craft, shattag channeled through me and shaped it. A battle axe of course the perfect weapon of shatag. I worked the Adamantine, smelting it into a axe as i sprinkle Doom of Midor ash into the very flames. I spent weeks beveling the blade and the shape was there.

The diamonds were cut, my mind flooded with shapes and knowledge of cutting jewels. Each of the five raw diamonds took their unique shape and were inlayed with the blade. I grabbed reindeer bones and worked them amongst the red diamond spikes.

I took it towards the grindstone and began to sharped the axe. Sparks flying as i announced to the fortress i was finished. It was done. I had created Noblechopped the Persuasive Point-craft, the legendary adamantine great axe.

It soon was placed up a pedestal inside Shattags holy temple. His prayer will further enhance the great weapon. It remained their for many months.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2022, 04:52:59 pm by AvolitionBrit »
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: November 02, 2022, 09:10:55 pm »

"It is still shrouded in mystery." I know it's because Legends aren't revealed, but what a description finisher.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: November 03, 2022, 02:34:11 pm »

Doom of Midor ash... that's pretty metal. Sounds like you have been poking around a vault!

An adamantine greataxe encrusted with diamonds is pretty damn epic. Shame you couldn't get the reindeer bones swapped out for some demon bone...
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: November 03, 2022, 04:48:44 pm »

I had hauled, demon and some roc bones i had found. The game didn't like those, shame as i had gathered some cool ingredients. Still a cool axe but it had the potential to be decorated with divine metal, feature fine mahogany or featherwood, forgotten beast shell or was it demon shell one of the two, if not both of them. Did raid the other vault as well and seemed to be entirely empty of any of its original divine metal gear. There was one other cool artifact that came out the fort i will share since legends mode hides it.

Drunken scholar

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: November 04, 2022, 08:14:49 am »

What epic gear!

One of the bright spots to adventure mode being put off in the steam release is it gives us time to play this world out to it's conclusion

I look forward to seeing what great or terrifying deeds are accomplished with this!

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: November 04, 2022, 08:19:54 am »

Congrats, Avolition, you
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm not sure if you realized it at first, or until now, but through your kill list I discovered this interesting fact myself.

Made notable kill section for Moldath's page. I added anything named that wasn't human/goblin/elf/dwarf, as well as anything with an epithet. Might have missed some from the list. They're generally listed in the order of their times of death, though I didn't go out of my way to order them completely. I added the slayed monarchs where I could find them too, obviously. Other names can be added if anyone thinks they're notable for some reason. Going try to do the same for Law-Giver Avolition soon.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2022, 08:38:39 am by Lurker Z »
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: November 04, 2022, 08:46:40 am »

Congrats, Avolition, you
Made notable kill section for Moldath's page. I added anything named that wasn't human/goblin/elf/dwarf, as well as anything with an epithet. Might have missed some from the list. They're generally listed in the order of their times of death, though I didn't go out of my way to order them completely. I added the slayed monarchs where I could find them too, obviously. Other names can be added if anyone thinks they're notable for some reason. Going try to do the same for Law-Giver Avolition soon.

Absolute mad man, your hard work on the wiki never ceases to amaze. Good luck with that list.

On a side note, hope your turn is going well Yarlig
« Last Edit: November 04, 2022, 09:24:42 am by AvolitionBrit »

Drunken scholar

Yarlig

• Bay Watcher
  • High Master Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: November 05, 2022, 06:58:21 pm »

On a side note, hope your turn is going well Yarlig
Thanks' it's been going well' all things considered' although I had to spend nearly two hours holding down a left arrow to get to the island where Unraveller entombed Amala and retrieve Okirramtak' which I was fortunately successful at. Gonna put some finishing touches and upload the save tomorrow.

Also' that axe is mighty impressive' Avolition! I also like your use of gemstones as somesort recurring theme' wonder what will come of it in the end?

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: November 05, 2022, 07:45:42 pm »

I applaud this wiki project, Lurker. what a great way to explore, and concretize, this world. A Grand Record, indeed!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: November 06, 2022, 01:17:48 am »

Oh! I would like to be added to the list again.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: November 06, 2022, 06:46:19 am »

The Exiled Elf

Mirai only ever left her homeland because of Arthur. Her peoples departure from their ancient religion and culture was leaving her increasingly aggressive and angry and it would likely lead to disastrous results.
Shortly after her adventure with him though she decided to go her on way and visit more dwarven lands. The silly bearded fools upon seeing her immediately gifted her a barony in their lands. Why? They wouldn't say, but her own investigations turned up that the rate of death of barons was disturbingly high.

No one wanted the job

She didn't want it either, although the challenge of surviving whatever forces seemed to hunt dwarf barons sounded exciting and she was prepared to drop the job and return home until a courier arrived.
She was no declared an official elven ambassador to the dwarves and humans of these lands, and was to retain her role as dwarven baroness until she was recalled.

"A century or two to grow and mature in these lands would do you some good" chortled Ami the courier.

They wanted her to die here
She would not. By the forces of nature that guided her she would overcome these pitiful lands and return home one day.
Until then she needed help from the two people she could trust: Arthur and Maloy

Rise of the Wolf-Lord

Maloy craftsroars did something he hadn't done since he had lost, and later regenerated, his leg.
He left home. The whole thought was drastically stressful to him and he had rarely left his keep since his curse had taken hold.
He was trying to adjust himself to the new schedule and ruling his little town, and he even had two new religious leaders staying in his keep which made it hard to find space to transform and wait. Usually he sat in one of the watch towers.
Arthur and Mirai were back and forth over the years. Arthur said he wanted to make Incenseorder the base of his small merchant operation, but he went home often
Mirai started to come around more and what's worse she had been promoted. Technically Incenseorder belonged to the dwarven kingdom even though no dwarves lived there and he had been given a human position, and Mirai had shown up one day a Baroness of the kingdom and technically his superior.
She laughed at him and lorded it over, before moving on.

She was in town waiting for Arthur's next arrival and Maloy decided it was high time to act on some things.
1. A large amount of time on the watch towers allowed him to look at his hometown. It was mostly ruined, as it had been his whole life, and he desperately wanted to rule over more than just a ruin
2.The ear insisted they go searching. It had become aware of other parts of it's body, or the body part it was inhabiting whichever, and wanted to find the other parts.
Maloy was scared to leave town, but at least he knew his body could regenerate now and his two friends, his only friends, could act as guides to their destination: The elven jungles of the far north!

They wandered the jungles for sometime. Most had no interest whatsoever in moving to the "greatest city in the world" that Maloy chalked it up to being, but some did. He also noted as to why Mirai seemed to complain about their homeland a lot.

The elves had modernized! They had woodburners, metal workers, and all the modern amenities even if they chose to still live in trees. This infuriated the traditional elven woman, but Maloy liked it. He found other cultures unfortunate and usually a sign of being less civilized and so this was a sign these people could be enlightened in the right circumstances. They recruited 6 members of the elven lands. 3 merchants and 3 laborers. Arthur recruited the merchants from his small network after enlightening the merchant about the large amount of jewels Incenseorders trades in

Sadly, Maloy's new fox form didn't elimate his need for food like if he became a vampire or necromancer and so he had to hunt the mostly empty lands. This turned out tragically as the laborers all attempted to help him fish and drowned in the nearby river. Everyone was horrified at the result, but Maloy's reaction was mostly just frustration.

They went home the same way they came. Razorbridges. The ear remained mostly silent on the journey to, but on the way back it manifested it's power in full over Maloy. Many dwarves were swayed and all swore oaths of allegiance to him, pledging to make Incenseorder the jewel of the world.
For the ear this was to make sure the dwarves stayed out of the way as they approached the fabled pedestal: The arm. Maloy descended to it's resting place with a veritable army behind him and there was...nothing.
It was gone! GONE!
The ear screamed and howled in rage and only Maloy could hear it. For Maloy this was no great loss and without his knowing might have protected him from the ear growing more powerful and assuming control again.
They returned to Incenseorders after and Maloy retired to his keep for busines, but asked that Arthur and Mirai continue the work.
The dwarves were given a house across from the keep and the merchants were set up in the tavern.

Merchant-Prince
Arthur was glad to be of help in establishing trade and immigration between his people and Maloy's. On the selfish side this benefited him personally as a merchant, but he also truly and deeply wanted his people to prosper as well as his friend.

Only a few of his contacts back home were willing to uproot and move south though and Maloy had some sort of urgent...business he had to attend in his keep.
"Search the lands nearby! Anyone in any of the villages that we don't already trade with needs to come here."

Arthur did search the lands. Humans lived in a state of desperation constantly bordering death. They kept the bodies of their dead in their homes and slept amongst them. He was too polite to ask them why, but every home was littered with bodies and those who chose to stay and live with them. With all this desperation he had no trouble recruiting volunteers as he told the story of the great Wolf-Lord who was heralding in a new age from Incenseorders providing food, work, and clean housing to any who would come!

By the time his circuit was complete Arthur had made many trade contacts with new towns and recruited 20 new volunteers who would stay at the tavern until they were properly settled.

The tavern in Incenseorder had been abandoned for many years. A constant reminder of bygone days, but now it was full of people chatting, singing and reciting poetry.
Arthur reclined at one of it's tables with his two dear friends and raised a glass in toast
"So, tell me my dear friend." Arthur said while motioning towards Maloy "What awaits next for the glorious wolf-lord of Incenseorders?"
Maloy looked thoughtful, or conflicted? He sometimes responded slowly as if he was in the middle of a great debate in his mind
"I want this place to become a jewel. I want adventurers and artists from all across the world to come here and for it's streets to be full of life again!"
"I want armies marching in the streets as the lands are brought to order and the gauntleted claw of my new empire stretches across all the lands" said the ear, but only Maloy could hear it.
"That is a beautiful sentiment, my friend." Arthur said "And what of you baroness?"
"I want to cleanse our homeland of it's blasphemy and take revenge on those who would imprison me in these lands" She said entirely calmly and plainly as if it was the most common thing in the world. She drained her wine and Arthur was left looking stricken and Maloy curious
"And you?" she said to Arthur
"I want peace." he said and looked down.

OOC:
Short and not super narrative, but I really did spend most of my turn just recruiting folk!

I do have a few goals for my next turn, barring something crazy happening in-game that changes it:

1.I want to claim all towns nearby that aren't adventurer ruled and acquire more actual fighters since I'm good on artists
2.I want to train Maloy's combat skills so he's useful. I want to train his social skills too, but that is so tedious and time consuming
3.Locate more of Braal's body parts. I haven't gotten around to searching wiki and legends viewer to see where others might be
4.Locate suitable offering for the museum

Also research on social stuff that people might already know, but I learned:

Many of the people I recruited and then told to wait in Incenseorder adapted. Some of them moved to other parts of town including buildings and some even took on new professions entirely! There really was a guy reciting poetry and another singing in the tavern at the end
Some did mindlessly wait around for the next set of orders though and so I'm not sure how all the game calculates that.
Taking people from their home towns and dropping them in Incenseorder and then cancelling our agreement just led to them going home instead of sticking around.
I COULD be crazy and be having memory issues, but I swear that a few more buildings in Incenseorder are no longer flagged as abandoned in the fast travel screen. If people did settle in the town that makes sense.
I suspect the ones who adapted and changed when they waited there officially settled while the ones standing around did not, either way it is nice to confirm that one can change a town through means other than killing
« Last Edit: November 06, 2022, 07:16:12 am by Maloy »

Yarlig

• Bay Watcher
  • High Master Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: November 06, 2022, 07:54:57 pm »

Save here: https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16144
It's worryingly large' we might end up having to move away from DFFD in the near future.

Submission is: Okirramtak' 'The Elder Execution'' the iron morningstar' retrieved from the tomb of Amala Fragrantshaft. So far used by three adventurers' wonder if it could end up being stolen from The Museum and used Stalkmatches style? The future will tell.

Also submitted to Herograves has been the corpse of Avafi Specialmosses the Kobold.

The Blight shall prevail.

Good luck' Unraveller!

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: November 06, 2022, 08:12:50 pm »

The Blight shall prevail.
Well that's ominous.

Good luck Unraveller, I have a feeling we'll all need it.

I just had a thought: so there are by now quite a few adventurers of the Museum that have done terrible things (the blight was spread by a few already, then there's the vampirism and necromancy reviving creatures to run around attacking the living) and becoming an adventurer of the Museum strictly prohibits you from attacking a fellow adventurer. So how does this impact the Museum's image in Orid Xem? People already know about Raki and they probably know he went insane as a result of seeing the Museum's exhibits (Midas touched on that as well). Also, the Museum's in-game journals are theoretically open to any travelers, so anyone can read and transcribe mentions of the horrors adventurers brought on the land. How are the people of Orid Xem who know about everything regard the Museum now after almost 2 and half century of existence, the adventurers etc.? How many know? Do the courts, Kings, Queen, Law-Givers know? It's an interesting question.

We also have many of the Monarchs who ruled since the 8th century onward slayed by Museum adventurers, as well as a few who could perceived as coupists (in fact, I think Bralbaard is the only one who ascended without actions towards the title on his part).

Recently on the wiki: Avolition's notable kills up.

Trending pages are shaping up (unfortunately, only articles with images get pulled up):

Spoiler: Image (click to show/hide)

Regarding save: did you archive it with WinRar, then set at best compression method?

Edit: The unarchived save is actually 2.00 giga vs. 2.06 giga last save. So it's probably an archiving issue.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 09:19:59 am by Lurker Z »
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: November 07, 2022, 09:26:27 am »

Submission is: Okirramtak' 'The Elder Execution'' the iron morningstar' retrieved from the tomb of Amala Fragrantshaft. So far used by three adventurers' wonder if it could end up being stolen from The Museum and used Stalkmatches style? The future will tell.

Now that could be interesting, especially as Stalkmatches seems to have gone quiet again. Kinda tempted to borrow the weapon and do as such. Always did want to give that weapon a swing or two.

Interesting to read through the notable kill list. Great work Lurker

Drunken scholar

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: November 07, 2022, 09:32:32 am »

I shall get started soon, possibly tomorrow. Whatever I get done, chances are this turn will be much smaller scale than my recent affairs.
I've lost control of my life.
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 263