Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 263

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 409738 times)

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game
« Reply #2520 on: November 25, 2022, 07:18:44 pm »

Starting the game later today, missed the date a little bit, i do hope there will be enough time to do something cool or die trying

How are things going with your turn, Cook? I hope you aren't experiencing too many crashes or bugs. It is quite a ... creaky old world now!
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Cook100500

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: November 25, 2022, 10:20:47 pm »

How are things going with your turn, Cook? I hope you aren't experiencing too many crashes or bugs. It is quite a ... creaky old world now!
have seen worse. My 1000000 custom world that made out of curiosity took more than two days to create and half a hour to skip the first adventure week on start. Needless to say it was practically unplayable afterwards. pains myself still that couldnt load legends in legend viewer because it took away all mine RAM.
 Couple crashes and lag spikes here and there is not a big deal, do hope will be able to end in time, because my have been laying wery ill for a few days, and couldnt really play much

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: November 25, 2022, 10:48:55 pm »

Get well soon and good luck with your turn. There's still plenty of time for you to adventure.

Regarding that world, if you still have it and still want to play, you should try using
Code: [Select]
set-timeskip-duration -ticks 0which instantly lets you play the game instead of doing the two weeks crawl.

And did I read that right? Is that a one million year world? If at all possible, would you mind uploading it? I doubt my RAM could see Legends, but I sure hope it could.

My closest world to epicness was a 3k+ year pocket world I was genning out of curiosity, I had it set to 10k, but it was total war for all its history, with at least 3 races involved (gobs, humans and elves) with border settlements exchanging owner every few years. In most other worlds, there comes a point where things go static (or the necro wins), but this kept going... then gen crashed on me and I could never regen that particular world or one like it (it was relying on skipping and not skipping worlds and for some reason it didn't get to that world anymore). I keep regretting I didn't hit enter/escape and save the world in that 3k year.

So I've been experimenting a little, trying to familiarize myself with Señamatem, and I've discovered interesting things. It seems the blighted thralls aren't in the mead hall when I claim the site in fortress mode (that might change when I play Adv mode, but I haven't tested that yet). Additionally, some of the legendary mercenaries seem to be in the mead hall, so they might make fast work of them if they all find themselves in the same place. I've also taken a glance at the new districts and what I've seen is awesome. I've also noticed that most of the items associated with Lurker Onecbehal have been "stored"... did your humans find my stash, Unravaller, and then put everything from it in storage stockpiles? Because if so... I might take some loot back myself, hmmmmm?

Other interesting things is that there seem to be persistent citizens that haven't nominally come in contact with adventurers and are not proper historical characters either in LM or LV, but continue to exist under the same name between saves as far apart as the 7 years between 922 and 929. They have the same names, the same features, they even live in the same houses, but interestingly, different dates of births depending on the time I reclaim. They are also not considered as part of ANY group, including of any civ. This "semi-stability" seems to be once more the hand of adventurers. When I reclaimed the 700 save several times, it had hundreds of monks, but their name would change at each reclaim, which means they were purely "abstract". But it appears as the first adventurer reached Señamatem, the "quantum uncertainty" of the site coalesced (mostly) into a few dozen citizens at most. The blight of course weathered that number lower still.

One more thing, I have most of the archived saves from turn 53 upwards, but could someone who has them all (Bralbaard maybe?) upload all the saves on DFFD for posterity and testing purposes if possible?
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

Cook100500

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: November 25, 2022, 11:36:56 pm »

And did I read that right? Is that a one million year world? If at all possible, would you mind uploading it? I doubt my RAM could see Legends, but I sure hope it could.
Sadly, all that is left is a screenshot i posted on reddit two years ago. Surprised even remembered that,  thought lost everything about it. It also was in earlier version of the game

Also there is few screenshots of legends viewer of 100000 years pocket world and 999998 y.o empty world that took just a few hours to generate because it was dead in a beat, with hungereds of rocs dragons and hydras used for just training to kill them.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sadly both worlds are deleted, took too much space, but new ones are easly made if one wants to  ;)

Cook100500

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: November 26, 2022, 03:37:02 am »

some deep lore from the last dwarf of the pure spear (dwarf nomads)

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: November 26, 2022, 07:02:11 am »

Lol yeah. That's even tame compared to some other conversations I've witnessed. They go something like this:

Expedition leader: We reclaimed Tattoocracked etc. etc.
You: Can you tell me the way to Tattoocracked?
Expedition leader: I don't know the way and I don't know anyone who knows the way.
You: *looks at map*
Map: *You are in Tattoocracked*

Maloy is still haunted for over half a century by the message that a dead General is coming to Mabkor. I got that print post-900 and Maloy had mentioned it all the way in the 800s.

Cook100500

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: November 26, 2022, 09:17:55 am »

Even tho there is a mission to accomplish here, cant help but feel the urge to do some random quests

This person's family is very interesting, also! His brother was a weremamonth and his son was a baron. Idk should or shouldnt my dwarf go and search for a leather hood, but the feeling that he should go and help everyone wouldnt go avay

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: November 26, 2022, 09:45:29 am »

Depends on the person I suppose, I haven't went after quest items so far. I find it tedious as hell and I don't know if whoever I'd give them to would be worth it. I just go from place to place, loot as much as I can before it becomes tedious, then go to a base and leave the items there (if I survive that long). But, if that's an interesting family and you feel up to it, why not?

Remember that castle with 5000 people? This is so much worse than other sites, at least they're 16x16, this is in a 3x3 tile. Gods be good, they've lived like that for almost 600 years!

https://imgur.com/a/VYFiDa9

Cook100500

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: November 26, 2022, 10:04:03 am »

Well... The game breaks at 6-7th hematite, and there is nothing i can do. Tried retiring and continuing, didnt help. That's not a full moon date also, so idk what happened

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: November 26, 2022, 12:35:25 pm »

Can you post the save? If we can't fix it it's fine with me if  we reset the time on your turn.

The game seems to have gone very unstable over the last few turns..

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: November 26, 2022, 12:38:25 pm »

I suggest trying to use questport to teleport on the farthest part of the map, maybe that jogs something in the save. Maybe it's something in the adventurer's area that breaks the game. Other than that, maybe clean-all and remove-wear?

Strangely enough, I've found the last 10 or so saves run much smoother in test games despite me not changing in any way my computer configuration. Even the filesize seems to have stopped at 2GB.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 01:03:14 pm by Lurker Z »

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: November 26, 2022, 01:03:51 pm »

That doesn't sound good. Is there a particular location that causes the crash? - there are quite a few of those for some reason or another.
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Cook100500

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: November 26, 2022, 01:07:49 pm »

I suggest trying to use questport to teleport on the farthest part of the map, maybe that jogs something in the save. Maybe it's something in the adventurer's area that break the game.
Sadly forgot to make a backup before i retired, so it is impossible. Also, traveled every way possible, so doubt that. Here is the save:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/15vnSeOx6s3kAz2fYxSODmH963THMeR8k/view?usp=sharing

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: November 26, 2022, 01:32:56 pm »

You don't want to make a fortress? You still have a few days in your turn.

And what's the status of the save? Did you manage to retire?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 01:54:22 pm by Lurker Z »

Cook100500

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: November 26, 2022, 01:56:34 pm »

You don't want to make a fortress? You still have a few days in your turn.

And what's the status of the save? Did you manage to retire?

Edit: Hmm, you mean you had these issues in fortress mode? A shame. I hope I won't have that problem.
retired trying to fix the crash, it kept occuring. Havent finished adventuring yet
« Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 01:59:56 pm by Cook100500 »
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 263