Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 263

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 409402 times)

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)
« Reply #2610 on: December 11, 2022, 09:55:01 am »

I’ve had a poke around in adventure mode and had no crashes. Seems stable enough.

I guess if Cook doesn’t have time to do their turn again, it would be Lurker next?
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: December 11, 2022, 02:57:09 pm »

Yeah, hopefully the world is more stable for Lurkers turn.
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: December 11, 2022, 03:13:04 pm »

Waiting for word from Bralbaard before I start. I hope Cook finishes his turn, but I can see why all the wait might have put him off playing. It's bad enough for anyone playing their turn, but it's even worse when it's your very first turn.
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: December 13, 2022, 01:35:38 pm »

I've heard nothing from Cook. It's a bit rough that he ran into so much bad luck, and I'd have loved to see him complete a turn, but I think we need to move on.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: December 13, 2022, 01:44:37 pm »

Alright. I don't think I have the fixed save yet, but I'll look it up now. I think Unraveller posted it.

Found it, download in progress. And updating LNP to r11.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 01:50:49 pm by Lurker Z »

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: December 13, 2022, 02:03:48 pm »

Save often!

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: December 14, 2022, 08:04:34 am »

Well, that was unexpected... and easy.

Now let's see where the hell am I. I think I set to spawn in Señamatem and that this is a book looted by Unraveller, but I'm just starting looking around. Lots of coins around too, a proper welcome. Now let's hope no (literal) blighters are around.

Uh, whoops? Wrong starting site I guess. Well, this is an adventure alright. I suppose I can roleplay that I woke up here from Señamatem without an idea on how I get there and want to return home. Let's see where this goes.

Yes, that sounds about right. XD I just woke up in your house, took your coins and read your immortality books. Let's be all reasonable fellow necromancers here. XD

He won't talk to me, but I found his artifacts scattered around the place. I was a good guest and put them all in his chest. I took a masterful iron short sword (but not an actual artifact) and let some of my starter gear there.

He still doesn't answer. Maybe I've outstayed my welcome. I'm saving now. This is not what I expected, but I hope it'll be interesting. I'll try to find civilization so they can guide me to Señamatem and then to the Museum.

I'd like to emphasize that this was not planned.

Carminedonkey. What a quaint town name... I'm so frakkin' lost...

Fitting for a necro start...

Yay I guess? This is so meta...

Found my bearings, looks like I'm not that far after all. I guess I'll go to the Museum first, get that out of the way. Lots of low-level loot around here (I'm not taking it; I'm talking cheap goblinite knockoffs here), I'm not sure if it's randomly generated or some adventurer furnished this place out.

Please be an actual necromancer and not a thrall, please be an actual necromancer, p-

Wait, now that I'm a necromancer, shouldn't they leave me alone? I hope so.

Saved before interaction.

Hey, this is cool. Desli created that book herself. I wonder where she is.

Holy cow, that's a chosen necromancer of Kas. I love my random unintended adventure!

He's dead though. Another bad rumor.

Found first laggy site, a petrified wood castle (Spicetrails). I'm worried. Saving. LV says it's empty. I wonder what causes the lag, then.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2022, 10:01:47 am by Lurker Z »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: December 14, 2022, 11:49:05 am »

Well that's cool! I don't actually remember writing any books on my turn, maybe Desli wrote that herself!

And yeah, undead thrills don't talk. They're still intelligent and can speak and everything, but only if a player is controlling them. To get Pik and Desli to interact I had to take control of one, start a conversation topic, then switch to the other to reply and so on. They won't speak on their own.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: December 14, 2022, 12:08:59 pm »

Found first laggy site, a petrified wood castle (Spicetrails). I'm worried. Saving. LV says it's empty. I wonder what causes the lag, then.

Spicetrails used to be Moldath's castle! It was usually overrun with wildlife. Stored all Moldath's treasure there but some sneaky thieves kept pinching it, so he moved it to Iroldeduk. There might still be some interesting stuff there, I can't fully remember.

Pik and Desli got split up - Desli was captured and imprisoned by the Page of Tiredness. She should still be at Holykingdom.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: December 14, 2022, 01:04:22 pm »

Spicetrails used to be Moldath's castle!
It had a few books, but I left them there. The lag was only at the eastern entrance, so I don't know why that happened.

Also, I killed a few animals and my first goblins. Damn, that *iron sword* cuts nice (at least through animals), good one on Pik for leaving it there. Maybe I'll return something to him if I survive to the Museum and Señamatem.

I'm in Ironwards. Who made the fort and what do I have the permission to take? I found an adamantine sword, so I'm keeping that, but the rest I think I'll put what I don't need in the trade depot. There's a lot of stuff lying around, mostly good quality and for dwarves. What about the corpses? Do I dump them in the trade depot too? Or do I give them a magma burial? Lag is not as horrible as I expected, so that's good at least. Still a slog.

Spoiler: Spoilers ahead (click to show/hide)

Edit: Thanks, I had a weird moment where I forgot there were actual spoiler tags on this forum.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2022, 03:37:48 pm by Lurker Z »

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: December 14, 2022, 03:22:17 pm »

your spoiler tag is broken btw
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Cook100500

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: December 14, 2022, 04:07:28 pm »

Thought week isnt over yet, damn, guess lost track of time.
Havent acomplished anything on the turn anyway, everything is either done already or near-impossible to do, and havent learned how to play fortress mode in 5 years of playing DF, so good luck lurkerZ

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: December 14, 2022, 04:17:48 pm »

Thanks, sorry we couldn't wait for you.

Well, I arrived at the Museum. I'm using the cinnabar pedestal on the other side of Murder Monster, the feather and added demon unrottable parts, as well as 5 rough moonstones from deep in the mines of Ironwards. Not the greatest, perhaps, but since hopefully I'm immortal, I'm keeping that adamantine sword. Maybe I'll find something better by the time December 20 comes around.

I've also moved Urdim's copy of the book (which was also my character) to the same pedestal to free space for other adventurers.

Havent acomplished anything on the turn anyway, everything is either done already or near-impossible to do, and havent learned how to play fortress mode in 5 years of playing DF, so good luck lurkerZ
Don't worry about what you should do, there's always something that might take your fancy in the world. It's a large world after all.

Lag is pretty bad around here. There are Egu's rotting bodyparts lying on the floor, maybe someone should do something about it.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2022, 04:43:04 pm by Lurker Z »

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: December 14, 2022, 05:26:20 pm »

The week was not over actually. We thought you weren't playing! Sorry for that. Can I put you anywhere on the list?

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: December 14, 2022, 06:00:44 pm »

I’d be happy to postpone my turn after Lurker to let Cook have another crack, although appreciate it is heading into festive season.
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 263