Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 263

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 409891 times)

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)
« Reply #2685 on: January 03, 2023, 09:16:54 pm »

From what I remember of the rules, a Museum adventurer can start with 2 peasant companions, but can gain as many as they can/want during the course of adventure.

Pets of any type is fine. Raki, which was Bralbaard's character, started with a giant grizzly bear and there was no issue.
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
  • Necromancy Cultist, Any and All Pronouns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: January 03, 2023, 10:02:44 pm »

From what I remember of the rules, a Museum adventurer can start with 2 peasant companions, but can gain as many as they can/want during the course of adventure.

Pets of any type is fine. Raki, which was Bralbaard's character, started with a giant grizzly bear and there was no issue.
ah aight good to know thanks
GLORY UPON THE LORDS OF DEATH, PRAISE NECROMANCY!!

Zed Apocalypse Undead Infection Mini Mod
Civs+ Mod

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: January 04, 2023, 02:04:28 am »

Yes, that giant Grizzly was expensive though. Raki had to sell all of the clothes of his back during generation to afford it. Some civs have gremlin pets and they only cost one Urist, you can start with hundreds of those if you're feeling masochistic.

Also a clarification of the rules mentioned above; peasants can start with two peasants, heroes start on their own.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 02:18:59 am by Bralbaard »

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: January 04, 2023, 04:34:08 pm »

Elves have access to the best variety of animals. Outsiders can have any animal, but do not start with enough points to get the juciest ones. War hydra, anyone?
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: January 04, 2023, 05:28:13 pm »

Hydras and other megabeasts shouldn't show up for any civ tho
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: January 04, 2023, 05:39:23 pm »

Not for Civs but they are on the list for outsider adventurers. Not affordable, however.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: January 04, 2023, 07:19:54 pm »

Not for Civs but they are on the list for outsider adventurers. Not affordable, however.

Indeed, you would need 10001 points to get one :D

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: January 04, 2023, 07:24:10 pm »

Just walking in and punching a dingo, causing your wardragon to shoot fire at the goblin, melting the both of you.
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: January 05, 2023, 04:00:41 am »

One more reason why I'll probably never take companions (except to take them from one place to another). My main issue is that they fly off the handle (just seen this quote rereading the first Museum on Monom Âmidthîkut):
Monom âmidthîkut, axedwarf.

Journal. Felsite 28.
We awaken to a cougar. It shows no valor. My fellow shatters its skull. It moves no more. My fellow has charged the hippos in
the river. He desires to prove valor. There is no valor in suicide. I no longer have a fellow.
Not to mention some just run away from night creatures. Remember King Bralbaard's first companion nearly killed him and ran off with his quality weapon and/or armor.

They're good for inserting drama and spice into the game, I suppose, and Bralbaard has become good at managing them as cannon fodder, but other than that or to tell a story, they're not really worth it to me.

I can just imagine an adventurer visiting Señamatem with a hydra in tow, a grizzly bear smacking the hydra and the hydra outright depopulating it for the transgression. Better yet, the adventurer being killed in the process. Or a blighted hydra and/or dragon and/or pack of grizzly bears. Ah joy.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 05:23:01 am by Lurker Z »
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: January 05, 2023, 09:51:49 am »

I’ve experimented a bit with buying mounts rather than companions. They’re still fun. One of my horses got something like 18 kills.

Elves can get flying mounts!

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: January 05, 2023, 10:22:24 am »

In a different adventure I used all my points to get a regular elephant. Couldn't afford a war one and I feared it wouldn't be very good if it wasn't a war elephant

It basically has been a more legendary fighter than I was. Any thing it touched just exploded and it only rarely got scared out of combat

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: January 05, 2023, 08:03:33 pm »

playing more of my turn and writing for it more and such now that I am much more free today

Civs+ Mod

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: January 05, 2023, 11:25:05 pm »

i think i am getting near to my turn being over, finished playing my turn a little bit for today

Civs+ Mod

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: January 06, 2023, 02:21:46 am »

Remember you have a whole week and you can make a fort, if you want.

I hope to get the first chapter of Moldath’s record 5th adventure up soon…

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: January 06, 2023, 11:28:58 am »

"Moldath V", Part I, Turn 99

The Fractured Mind of Deler Laboredclutch

15th Slate 937

The wind whips my long bone-white hair though I feel no cold. I... do not know this place. I do not know who I am.

Flashes of memory. A stench of rotten flesh, a glimpse of a blue sword, impossibly sharp. The tang of brimstone and burning bones. A metal crown in a hall of stone. Am I losing my mind?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I am standing in a bamboo forest, my back against a cool dolomite wall. A craftsdwarf waves at me nervously, some flicker of recognition on his face? He tells me I am Deler Laboredclutched, a ranger. My skinny, emaciated frame is pocked with disease and a mess of scars, and a miasma of pestillence engulfs me. Am I ... dead? What am I? My head spins, fragments and bursts of memories clashing and coming in waves.

I am not from this place. I do not belong. I am eternal but my purpose is unfilled. I stumble... my eyes are rotten husks but I sense the heartbeats of the living around me. Am I a monster? I pull my <bobcat leather dress> around me instinctively and head towards a grand building to the southeast, great doors of burnished gold set into finely worked stone. A cathedral? A crypt?

This church is bathed in a warm pink glow as sunlight streams through rose-quartz windows. Within is a miner, of noble disposition. I know he is Goden, and he looks concerned. Goden Papercleared the Slick Speechlessness of Shaking. He seems to know me and tries to dissuade me. From what? What is my purpose?

Coins litter the floor ... Morul Kan.. 912. The names mean something. The year? How long have I...

The church opens out into a grand museum. A merchant eyes many artifacts on grand pedestals. Something catches my eye.. An ancient axe, of unparalleled craft, its steel blade undulled by centuries of war. Osturist Obot Zaled feels like it belongs in my grasp. The merchant eyes me quietly, his thoughts his own. Through the rose-quartz window I can make out the waves of a great sea. We are perched on the banks of some ocean, or perhaps a lake? The Sea of Blades! The name coalesces from nothing. This fort is perched on the Sea of Blades, in Orid Xem. These are dwarves of Morul Kan.

Atop the church/museum are many statues carved of the same dolomite as these halls. They depict the Angelic Seasons of Light founding Holykingdom. This must be where we are. A seat of power for the Morul Kan?

I leave the museum and enter the fort proper down a wide walkway, many masterwork engravings of The Awe-Inspiring Mark of Warriors line the way - an image of the God Shatag embracing nine longswords. This must be the symbol of the Angelic Seasons of Light. Suddenly I arrive at the trade depot, filled with many crafts and equipment, knee deep in freezing salty water.

The corridor leads to a grand meeting hall, completely flooded with brackish seawater. What calamity has befallen this place? Why did the dwarves here dig under the Sea of Blades?

I search this drowned folly and retrieve some waterlogged arms and armour from the forgehalls, before making my escape as dusk falls. These dwarves drowned fate will not be mine. I stumble westward, wandering on instinct alone. The moon is high in the sky and I find myself wandering, staggering, west... perhaps pulled to something familiar?

« Last Edit: August 15, 2023, 02:26:47 pm by kesperan »
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 263