Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 263

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 409544 times)

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)
« Reply #2700 on: January 06, 2023, 11:33:29 am »

Oh no... Treatyseed got broken in Legends Viewer...

MOLDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATH! What in Orid Xem's ungodly rocks are you doing, dorf?!?!

I know for certain that it's not directly after my turn, because I could see Treatyseed just fine. I really wish it's just an extraction error or something that happens only on this XML, but I'm not holding out my hope here...

I'm still surprised his fell curses didn't fall on Eskôn, what a force of chaotic nature he is...

It is actually a coincidence the forum tells me kesperan just replied. I'll read the post after I try to figure this out.

I'm noticing from Legends Mode that the curse of Eskôn didn't actually break. He was recalled to be the Manager between 890 and 899. With his entry in LV broken, I only saw it now.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 11:54:45 am by Lurker Z »
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #2701 on: January 06, 2023, 11:59:11 am »

I know for certain that it's not directly after my turn, because I could see Treatyseed just fine. I really wish it's just an extraction error or something that happens only on this XML, but I'm not holding out my hope here...

I'm still surprised his fell curses didn't fall on Eskôn, what a force of chaotic nature he is...

It is actually a coincidence the forum tells me kesperan just replied. I'll read the post after I try to figure this out.

I'm noticing from Legends Mode that the curse of Eskôn didn't actually break. He was recalled to be the Manager between 890 and 899. With his entry in LV broken, I only saw it now.

I honestly cannot wait foor v 50 to get adventure mode back.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: January 06, 2023, 12:05:51 pm »

Treatseed and Holykingdom are not viewable in Legend's Viewer any more. Moldath visited both on my last turn. I have no idea what is corrupting these sites but the creator of LV doesn't seem to be updating it any more.
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
  • Necromancy Cultist, Any and All Pronouns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: January 06, 2023, 05:05:00 pm »

Remember you have a whole week and you can make a fort, if you want.

I hope to get the first chapter of Moldath’s record 5th adventure up soon…

yeah I know that, just in the weekend I am going to be busy with working on a video of mine with friends so yeah
GLORY UPON THE LORDS OF DEATH, PRAISE NECROMANCY!!

Zed Apocalypse Undead Infection Mini Mod
Civs+ Mod

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: January 06, 2023, 09:48:55 pm »

Ocna's Journal Log 1

And So I have finally awake, ready to start up my first journal to document my journey forward.
As a sort of "Hero" of this local Castle I decided to want to go on my own journey to not only want to
set things right in this world on the break of a apocalypse (or as some may say is already in a apocalypse)
and to master my writing skills a bit more as I sort of have a fond interest in writing as a "Writing Goblin"
as some may call me.

Of course and of course there maybe many dangers but I would like to maybe recruit some others with me on my conquest to bring order
back into this world hopefully, as today starts my journey to document the current day world's happenings and to
finally make things right in this world by finally bringing back order to it!

Ocna's Journal Log 2

Off onto my next log, or writings into my journal, I have decided that before I start my journey,
I decided to ask about any isssues that maybe troubling this Castle or rather this part of the civilization.

A certain "Aquov Dirluabli" was one who I asked and inquire about any troubles... to my surprise it was nothing
much but a war... about disputes being made over torture.... huhm  doesn't seem something too out of the ordinary then
what other crazy stuff maybe happening in the world and such, but the disputes maybe a little bit more then whatever
they may seem, not quite sure, and really not liking this baron's attitude here too..

but I figured, why not, I'll have him be on my adventures to change that attitude of his, but he rejected!

well if he is gonna act like that I'll probably just have him lead the way for something else... but enough of that I need to hire some
people to go along my journey of returning order to Orid Xem, out of the blistering chaos it's now stuck in.

Tried looking for some others in the castle who maybe able to help me onto my journey and such besides just the castle head counciler and the baron,
but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any more others, so forget that baron he can stay where he is at and such

so now it's just me and my bear Nathob..

And so we're off to traverse this world and recruit some people into a great new army to help bring order to these lands as they have became now...

Ocna's Journal Log 3

And so me and Nathob had arrived at a small town we have found after traveling away from the Castle, my only hope is to find some
others who maybe interested in joining my army that I will form hopefully, as we have arrived at it's town or hamlet hall, hopefully this town or hamlet is completely
safe, considering the disasters that are happening with the many "Obin Blight" outbreaks across certain areas of the world,
so hopefully I won't find any infected that maybe in the halls or nearby..

So hopefully this won't turn into a mess when trying to get this army's founding grounds in place!

actually, I really do not like the sound of that....

YEP NOPE!!! WE'RE OUT!!

We are never gonna come back to that town again..

found a new hamlet, hopefully this one is safe, but my hopes aren't high, but will explore this place to the best of my ability and find anyone who maybe be interested
in supporting my conquest

going to that hamlet was a mistake, it was infested with the infected, I lost Nathob while I escaped, I don't know where to go now.. it seems to be getting dark..

So so dark.... I am left but with two choices... die out here in the nightly wilderness by boogeymen... or die fighting in one of the infected hamlets or towns... so I went with the latter and turned back... I
may regret dying here in this hamlet with the infected, and who knows I wind up infected like the rest of them, but atleast that's better then suffering a death at the hands of a boogeyman, where even after death, your pain of being killed in the same agonizing way at the hands of said boogeyman
will last for eternity for many many many centuries... I do not want to die in a eternal pain of suffering..

Welp... time to fight the infected to the death or till the sun rises, I may never return but if I return... that isn't me, that is the shambling corpse shell of who I originally was, whoever finds my journal shall warn more spread of the Blight are going to be coming, cause I heard rumors of
the adventurers who have fallen to the blight are more active on spreading the blight more then normal infected, be warned! this is my final message..

OH GODS NATHOB FOLLOWED ME NOO!!

let this be our last stand!!

That was all that remained of the writings of one of the Obin Blight outbreak survivors Ocna Cirouja, a goblin hero of Omon Obin, now turned into a shambling infected corpse..... all while
trying to put their beloved Nathob to rest, Nathob would bite them, spreading the blight to them now, as Nathob and the young hero were now nothing but shambling infected corpses of their former selves
now only existing to spread more and more of the blight itself...

the corpse would come across it's first non-infected town amidst the many other infected hamlets and began attacking and infecting many by biting them and such to spread the blight even more....

the corpse of Ocna has discvered a town hall full of dead bodies and a bunch of church members all gathered about on having a massive undead battle in this hall
many of these religious members seem to be on a crusade against the undead it seems but the infected Ocna went in to try and bite and infect them all..

the fight would continue as Ocna the thrall would infect two of the people in this hall turning them into thralls.. spreading the infection further, focusing more on biting others and injuring others in the procress by fighting them with their sword the corpse still had..

until ocna's undead goblin corpse was finally laid to rest after having infected two other sacred dungs...

Out Of Character: Turn done, here's the next turn to whoever is playing here next but yeah
https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16323 (been while since i used hyperlinks on this forum so I forgot how to name the hyperlinks or whatever)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 03:53:44 am by WonderPsycho »

Civs+ Mod

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: January 07, 2023, 01:13:58 am »

Well, that was brief and violent as sadly many lives in Orid Xem are!

Hopefully a brave adventurer will avenge your goblin and clear the Blight once more.

Looks like it is Quantum Drop’s turn to rid this land of evil…. Or create more? 😈😈😈

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: January 07, 2023, 03:29:39 am »

Well, that was brief and violent as sadly many lives in Orid Xem are!

Hopefully a brave adventurer will avenge your goblin and clear the Blight once more.

Looks like it is Quantum Drop’s turn to rid this land of evil…. Or create more? 😈😈😈
yeah, may the name of Ocna be avenged!!

Civs+ Mod

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: January 07, 2023, 09:29:50 am »

Sadly, I'm going to have to request that I be bumped down one turn in the list. Got exams in the next week, so I'll be occupied through to the 14th. My... plans for Orid Xem will have to wait a little longer. (Curse you, university!)
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: January 07, 2023, 11:27:04 am »

That makes it the turn of everyone’s favourite werefox-controlled-by-an-undead-ear: Maloy!

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: January 07, 2023, 12:10:02 pm »

I've read Moldath's latest entry. I think this is the first part I actually feel sad for him. Yes, he was a rotting corpse for a long time, but much of that was his own doing and the way of Orid Xem. Yes, he lost items, but some of that was his own fault for not putting named items in chests or something. But that death of personality was probably the worst fate I can see for poor Moldath. From knowing how the story ends, it's pretty clear that
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
For better or worse, Moldath has always tried to do his best to improve Orid Xem and I wish him the best of (un? quasi?) life.

The fact that I can't find that name means that he went by another fake name by now, doesn't it? I'm looking forward for his adventures and what he makes of Enôrmigrur, if it's left an impression on him at all.

As for our second valorous goblin as far as I remember, damn, that has some Raki and Ehhu memories from it, from idealist hero to plague-spreading monster. Interested turn, you've adapted the turning of the blight very well and that last stand was not something I was expecting, reminds me of Urist's last stand in Señamatem. Great story, all events considered! Thankfully LV says he only infected goblins, though considering he started from a human civilization, that might be inaccurate.

QD, sorry to hear that, hopefully, those plans don't involved another plague. XD Looking forward for your turn when you have the time.

Good luck, Maloy! I look forward to your turn!

Ocna article is up.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 01:11:59 pm by Lurker Z »

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: January 07, 2023, 01:29:08 pm »

thanks Lurker Z and also i didn't know the world was generated without boogeymen so yeah, sorry for the confusion

Civs+ Mod

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: January 07, 2023, 04:46:02 pm »

It is certainly possible that the world has bogeymen somewhere, but I have yet to see them, I think they are confined to evil areas in recent versions. I'll send Maloy a PM, but from what I remember Maloy might also be short on time right now. We'll see.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 05:04:13 pm by Bralbaard »

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: January 07, 2023, 04:52:41 pm »

The legends viewer lists dark gnomes and no one has encounter them either. Wonder if the evil folk of the mountains will be seen. Also Great story Kesperan
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: January 07, 2023, 05:06:47 pm »

I based my comment on the fact that I saw no mentions of bogeymen in adventurers' logs, either those on this thread or while looking through kill lists in Legends Mode (do note that while Legends Mode does note all kills, Legends Viewer only notes the named, unculled kills, so always take the former as a definite source). I had assumed (and heard) that bogeymen were completely removed from v.40 upwards. The wiki says what Bralbaard says through. That being said, I might be technically correct in that Orid Xem might not have bogeymen since I never saw any reference to them (and realistically, out of almost 100 adventurers someone should have at least encountered them, if not outright killed them. Nirmek, the only one of his kind in the world, somehow had chance encounters with not one, but two adventurers, yet nobody was bothered by a bogeyman). I've also looked into Orid Xem events log, which lists all known populations (gotta admit Troglodytes: 65728 and Trolls: 65509 worry me, to say the least) and it doesn't list one bogeyman (I tried the alternate spelling version boogey too).

That being said, they definitely existed in Mudungudon. I found two so far in adventurers' kill logs.

In relation to the character though, it makes sense. He's a random goblin in the middle of a zombie apocalypse who think he'll be the hero. That tales of bogeymen came from other worlds, or that night creatures are still believed to be bogeymen, makes perfect sense in-story. So you have no reason to apologize, Ocna's fears make perfect sense in-story.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: January 07, 2023, 05:21:50 pm »

Bogeymen are one of the great untold mysteries of this world. It could be a nice theme for an adventure to try and find these elusive creatures by spending a night in each of the evil areas. I think there is a good chance they are out there somewhere.
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 263