Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 263

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 409767 times)

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)
« Reply #2745 on: January 12, 2023, 12:32:23 pm »

I think the !science! around these things is intriguing.

Like, if someone decapitated Maloy, and raised his body as a Fell One, would he then regenerate his head next time he turned into a were-fox? Then you could end up with infinite Maloy heads!

From what I can tell, you have to become a cursed before you die and are raised. It must be something to do with how the game interprets your “soul.”

This is all valuable information for my next turn 😁
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: January 12, 2023, 12:59:11 pm »

Speaking of next turns, did Moldath write any books during his last turn? Want to find a way to learn the secrets of Roastfierce as i cannot find that pesky slab.
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: January 12, 2023, 01:01:27 pm »

@ Kesperan, I think you would need his head, and a headless corpse would do nothing but it needs to be checked. You could have an endless number of headless corpses then, instead of the other way around. On the other hand, there are now two Bralbaard heads in play, for more you need altar healing.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 01:03:24 pm by Bralbaard »

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: January 12, 2023, 02:38:59 pm »

Speaking of next turns, did Moldath write any books during his last turn? Want to find a way to learn the secrets of Roastfierce as i cannot find that pesky slab.

He wrote quite a lot of books on my last turn. I don’t know if that specific secret was one of them. More info when I write the rest of my story!

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: January 12, 2023, 02:44:02 pm »

I, for one, am fine with Maloy's heresies, both in and out of the game. In fact, I find it rather fitting. Maloy's fall seems interesting, sad but in character with the world he lives in.

The souls thing is interesting too. How will the game track creatures with multiple "souls"? Will it crash? Will it say X is both in place 1 and in place 2 at the same time? When X rises to a position of leadership, are both body parts sent to the same place?

If I had tried to resurrected Bralbaard, I'd have done it differently. I'd have went to Turn 1, taken his char ID, then put it on a more or less history-less dwarf. That'd force the game to recognize the dwarf as the real Bralbaard, though completely different in everything but the char ID. He'd have a different soul, different tastes etc. (unless I took the time to tediously edit them) and then obviously I'd have renamed the dwarf into Bralbaard's name.

Alternately, I'd try to find if some of those unit.dat files contain a single creature, and I'd have tried to find Bralbaard's old file and replace it with the new. I don't know what the results would be, though.

The ID part would also let me bypass User Bralbaard's request that the hand is his to play, as the hand obviously has a different ID than the original Bralbaard, so the two wouldn't interfere.

In other news, I'm sad to see Wolf King Maloy departing the game, he gave us a hell of a ride. I am looking forward to see that the User Maloy has for us in next turns, if he still wishes for them. Though who knows, if nobody kills him off, maybe he and the world will live long enough to see him a Law-Giver of his civ.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 03:00:53 pm by Lurker Z »
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: January 12, 2023, 03:39:38 pm »

I appreciate the tone of nihilism in Maloy the Wolf-Man's final written thoughts. His insecurities. Among the many stoic war-gods of the Museum, he strikes me as incredibly human.
I've lost control of my life.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: January 12, 2023, 05:56:58 pm »

Bralbaard's headless, earless, handless and likely toothless body was found by Maloy's traveling companion, Arthur Vemaakera [...]
Excerpt from Successors of Bralbaard Nilthatlosh
by Lurker Wogeathis

I've outdone myself in ghastlyness. Cheers for me. Fitting for a necromancer, I suppose. Article on the body parts I've seen mentioned in the thread and how they relate. It's like I'm watching a butcher shop in Dwarf Fortress that's been used for over a century, then trying to figure out where all the bones come from.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: January 12, 2023, 09:26:28 pm »

I'm very grateful that you guys enjoyed my narrative decision! I found myself at a wall adventure wise where either I went forward with my plan or admit defeat so glad it was well received

and also appreciate that you all like the wolf-lord's personality! Communicating personality and feeling has been a really high priority for me with him and so it means a lot to hear it was achieved!

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: January 13, 2023, 05:02:29 pm »

I just had a Who was phone? moment. If the hand's ID is different than Bralbaard's body... then how did the game know how to make a body for it?! That's definitely a clone. There must be some DNA equivalent that it used to recreate the body. That's just... wow.

I also had an idea, if you chop off (a) Bralbaard's hand, raise it as undead, full-heal -r it, then repeat indefinitely... you'll have an infinite number of Bralbaard. Probably the weirdest duplication glitch (next to the infinite undead werecreature duplication glitch mentioned recently).

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: January 13, 2023, 07:20:52 pm »

[/size]

"Behind me brother!" Rimtil's voice beckoned out over the dead-choked snow, it echoed through the solemn town where naught was left but the dull moans of thralls and their shrieks of mortal wounds. As the soldiers that the two Heirs led dispersed into the quiet homes, marked in ash, together they approached the Lord's hall. It was the scene of grisly crime, a scene for which the spawn thereof yet lurked, lingered, awaited their demise.

Outstretched, Rimtil's spear pointed ahead, dripping the crimson filth that oozed out of her foes, two yet more of which approached, trudging through the frosty slurry. Behind Rimtil, Irka stood in dazed silence, he leant upon the pike in both arms, bloodless and pristine, eyes cascading across the lumps in the snowfields, and then to the Lord and their attendant first shambling, and then charging forth. Was it fear that struck his heart. . ?

Rimtil met with the attendant who haphazardly surged her way, she put the point of her spear through the thing's neck and drawing it to the ground, embedding it so despite the creature's continued thrashing. The blighted nobleman was next, despite its discordant movements it was nearly upon her. "Irka! Your pike!" She gestured toward her brother, yet nary a response came as the thrall slammed against her. Its jagged teeth gnashed and slavered, desperate to sink themselves into the Heir's fresh, warm flesh. "Damn it. . . IRKA!" The woman bellowed, wrestling with the unnaturally strong monster, each clamp of its jaws getting closer.

Rimtil twists the beast, kicking away its ankle, at last a half-hearted, "H-Here." Heralds the pike into her hands. With a flourish, she batters the skull of the once-lord, smashing and smashing away with the half of the weapon 'til there's naught left but a red spot in the snow. Catching her breath, the Heir huffs and puffs, stepping over to the still raving one, flat on its back. She finishes it with a single weighty stab through the forehead.

Together, the siblings merely stood and watched as the thrall's viscera leaked out into the earth. Uncomfortable silence had befallen them, Rimtil turns toward her brother to break it, "If only uncle Eman hadn't kicked the bucket, he'd be proud to see us showing the skills he taught eh?" She sucks at her teeth, Irka doesn't so much as budge, fixated on the field of battle. Rimtil tosses her brother the pike, shocking him to life before retrieving her own spear.

"I never realized. . ." The young heir begins, his fist gripping tight the haft of his weapon, "I knew the Blight twisted the bodies and minds of men to its dark bidding, but this. . ? It's as if their souls are trapped inside, just behind those eyes, screaming and begging for an end to their walking nightmare. It's horrifying, looks no different than killing a man in cold blood."

His sister puts a firm hand to his shoulder, "A swift end is all we can give 'em Irka."

"Yes, you are right."

The Holy Eel and the Holy Subtlety of Streammartyr both say their respective prayers for the deceased, no doubt wholly different than the other's. The Soldiers of the realm carry bodies upon their shoulders, casting them into great piles, whale fat oil from the Sea of Blades is cast upon them, and soon thereafter they're set alight. "Thank you, men of Silver, your services are legendary, and will be aptly rewarded." Rimtil's voice befalls on the haggard warriors, each of them dealing with their own demons in the aftermath. "We'll rest here for now, 'fore we move on." She adds, sitting beside her brother 'neathe the boughs of an oak tree as they look over the town. Between the two heirs, the soldiers, and remnants of the site's citizens, a contemplative silence had blanketed the area, beside from sizzling blighted flesh.

In the footsteps of their forebears, Irka, Rimtil, and the young soldiers of Omon Obin traverse the realm. Picking through the ghastly ruins between its bastions of civilization, they march on. Yet unlike their forebears in the Band of Wax, emboldened with each victory over their blighted foes to rescue their realm from the jaws of oblivion, only a greater and greater disquiet fell over the heirs to the Realm of Silver. A low dirge clung to their hearts and grew with each infected citizen's demise, no truths whether objective or otherwise could keep the horror of the Blighted Thralls' sentient eyes.

In one such town the pair trudged, their shimmering cyan cloaks marked them as their soldiers followed suit, each with their own unspoken turmoil as well. In the empty roads that heralded their mud-caked boots, Irka drew closer to his sister, hoping to find some solace in their shared spirituality as he spoke. "This. . . This cannot be the truth of Gopet's will." He mutters, his head hung low. An eye catches the rotting skeleton of an unfortunate soul that once perhaps lived among these homes. "This blanket of death is not the harvest that my lord sets into motion. It is not the fallowing of Orid Xem for the fertility of the next generation of crop. It is death only for the sake of death - A perversion, anathema to what I know and believe. . ."

"Keep your head up dear brother." Rimtil beats a fist in Irka's shoulder blade, breaking some of the dreariness from his mind. "The gods are no petulant as man is."

"Are they not. . ?" She receives in whispered kind.

Rimtil smirks, patting her brother firmly again, "There is purpose in the trials they present, just think Omon Obin would not have flourished so under father's even hand had the Blight not come."

"Hmph." Irka thinks on that reality for only a moment. "Perhaps that is true, but I defy you to find a man or woman alive that would not have chosen the old rule a thousand fold over before the scourge of the Thralls - The suffering that it wrought."

She sighs, knowing that her words will fall on deaf ears. "Have you not considered that the suffering will only make us stronger? It will lead the Realm to greater heights, that I believe. . ."

"What malevolence then our deities must hold. For theirs is the power over all. Suffering need not be."

Three weeks pass by marked by a haze of blood and doubt, the northern holdings of the Realm of Silver are cleansed once more from the menace of the Blight that had made its way through the harsh Tundra of Heroes.

The populace of New Weatherponder welcome the returned heirs and their retinue with mighty applause, and though some revel in the appreciation, many of the soldiers cannot help but feel they are being cheered on for base acts of murder, Irka is no different. When they come before the gates of Silverthrone, they are lauded by the sounds of bellowous cecs and saluted by the guard.

Before the eponymous Silverthrone, they kneel, their men and women abaft as the great Jas Gloryage the Worshipful, descends from above to hold court. In the 23rd Law-Giver's arms is the young babe Luki, his third and most certainly final child. "My son, my daughter. I expect you would not have returned without completing your task -- To you and to all the valiant warriors here today, I am humbled by your perseverance." The elder Lord of Silver bows his head gently, he cannot help but break his veneer of statesmanship to creak a wide smile at his children. "Soldiers of Omon Obin, please, rest and make merry, I would speak with my progeny alone."

Their sabatons bound across the masoned grounds leaving the great hall of Silverthrone empty save for their flesh and blood. "Father." Rimtil speaks at once, but is quickly cut off by Jas.

"Irka. Rimtil. Now that you have gone into the Realm and lived the life that I once had, tell me - What have you seen?"

Irka is the first to answer, his head remains down, gazing at the tiles beneath him. "Pain. Our people's pain. The pain of Orid Xem. The Blight has taken hold of it, more than a century ago, and it has not let go. We were sheltered by your band's exploits, and made weaker for it, for I know only cowardice in the face of this woe."

"Rimtil?" Jas prods without responding to his son.

"Hope and strength. The will of our peoples are strong." She locks gaze with her father, speaking firm. "Though they have suffered greatly at the hands of the Obin Blight, they are resolute that we as stewards of the Realm will shield them from the darkest of days."

"How would either of you confront this threat?" The Law-Giver asks.

The daughter is quick to answer, "Whatever the cost we must fortify our holdings. Arms and training to our common folk, commission the dwarven masons to build us forts and defenses. We must fund a night-watch all the same that we will not have another incursion as such again."

"Bold." Jas remarks, "I would have done so at the moment of my ascension had we the funds and manpower. But the Realm has prospered this last decade, perhaps your vision is achievable. My son, what would you do?"

Irka breathes deeply, looking still at the cobbles, "In my heart of hearts I know that I would flee from such menace. I am not a warrior as Rimtil. . ." He gazes up, meeting his father, "But if you must press me so cruelly, I would have us learn all that we can about this Blight, only then can we effectively counter it."

The elder man ruminates, considering both his children, their hearts, and their words, stroking away at his silver beard.

"Honored Father!" Irka bursts forth, "For the sake of succession there is only one choice among us--"

"It is Irka." Rimtil finishes her brother's sentence to his surprise. "For he will have the level head and deepest thoughts between us. His actions will be purposeful each and all, and there shant be a misstep when it comes to matters regarding our people, this I know. And I will be his general, valiant and true." She doesn't mince her words, beaming a wide grin toward her stupefied sibling.

Jas Gloryage lets out a wheezing laugh. "I am not dead and gone yet, little sprouts!" He stands, third child Luki waking in his arms, "Whose to say your younger brother won't succeed me, eh?" Despite his words, and despite his trepidation, Jas feels a sense of pride in his children welling up in those eyes, though he quickly blinks it away and states thus, "Irka, Rimtil, come. There are portents for your future that I must show you at once."

With that, the three descend into the castle's belly, where dark shadows lie. . .
I've lost control of my life.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: January 14, 2023, 02:47:40 am »

Ooh ominous!

I love your writing Unraveller; keep it up!

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: January 14, 2023, 03:25:02 am »

Great story unraveller, I love all the effort you put into developing the characters!

I just had a Who was phone? moment. If the hand's ID is different than Bralbaard's body... then how did the game know how to make a body for it?! That's definitely a clone. There must be some DNA equivalent that it used to recreate the body. That's just... wow.

I also had an idea, if you chop off (a) Bralbaard's hand, raise it as undead, full-heal -r it, then repeat indefinitely... you'll have an infinite number of Bralbaard. Probably the weirdest duplication glitch (next to the infinite undead werecreature duplication glitch mentioned recently).
Well it needs dfhack so it is hardly a glitch. Theoretically you could get the same thing through altar healing, but that is very difficult to achieve and might not work the same way. Also it remains untested.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: January 14, 2023, 06:10:54 am »

The saga of Jas and his family are exciting for me to read I'm always impressed by how much you can get done especially with how much time passes inbetween turns.

Addendum to my turn:
I had to replay the cloning of Bralbaard and it went all the same except for the fact that Arthur cut off his left hand
so now I have Bralbaard's (right hand) left hand

So Arthur's museum submission is the cave dragon
Maloy's is the following
Bralbaard's tooth
Bralbaard's mangled head
His Right hand's left hand
as well as the brain and heart of the charcoal brute Pis who was speaking through the ear all along
Mortality is also stored in the same bag with them, but obviously it's not mine to submit

Also I took some gremlins to help with repopulating
Also interesting to note on my experiment to repopulate Incenseorders: SUCCESS
SOME of the people I recruited got fed up and left the area citing that I did not fulfill my promise to take them to entertain the world, etc.

Others have taken up roles as guards(hearthpersons) and patrol the lands or work in one of the major buildings
Some of the buildings are also no longer listed as abandoned after I specifically left people in them.

It seems possible, but not guaranteed that you can move npcs like that and they'll just accept their new living situation while some won't.

SAVE: Okay so I'm having the same problem the last two players did where I'm not properly compressing the save down to where it fits on dfiledepot. What do I do besides just the regular compressing of the file?

I'm gonna go ahead and try to write out the rest of my turn, because I've discovered about myself that if I don't go ahead and prioritize it will get put off a long time lol

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: January 14, 2023, 07:00:35 am »

Where Few Have Dared to Tread
Entry Two
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=175875.msg8444410#msg8444410

Arthur and Mirai continued their usual bickering and arguing on the journey south although it became substantially less frequent the further they got away from civilization. Mirai found humor and flattery annoying while Arthur considered the two par for the course in conversation, but as they spent time watching animals in the wild or just enjoying the stars it allowed them to disregard the differences present in personalities and values.

This mission was nigh impossible, and even if they were to prioritize avoiding conflict they'd still likely end up in some tough battles and so they agreed to a risk: They would sneak into the blight infested human lands of the south and look for survivors. Any warrior who wanted to escape the land or go on an adventure would do. It was dangerous. Both the elves wore patchwork armor that barely covered their bodies leaving them exposed to infection and much of that armor was traditional elvish wood.

They crept low and quiet into the village. Even Arthur as culturally humanized as he was still was incredibly adept at stealth according to his people's talents. Mirai was something else. Arthur could literally not see her at all as he crept forward and had to trust that she was near him and watching his back.

The village, like most human villages they'd seen in recent decades, was mostly collapsed. This wasn't telling though. Even inhabited ones were so devastated that survivors simply lived in fallen in buildings.
They heard noise in the southern most house on the street.
Arthur crept close and put an ear to the door. The sound of walking.

He slowly pushed the door open and laid eyes on the resident: The human's head turned at supernatural speed and at an unnatural angle. The desiccated corpse like face twisted in utter rage as it saw something it just had to murder. Arthur quickly jumped back into the bushes hoping the creature hadn't truly seen them.
It bolted through the door nearly throwing it off the hinges.

It was fast...too fast. Arthur could barely block any blows with his shield and had to rely on rolling out of the way. Mirai got a lucky shot on the monster and broke his leg with an arrow slowing him considerably, but not enough for an escape.

It crawled at a near sprint to Mirai and attacked her and hurt her leg where she could not stand. She fired another arrow.
Arthur ran at full speed: Stabbing, kicking and even biting the beast

It was beating him with it's fists too and snapped his leg out of place before the elf finally got a lucky shot with the spear and put it straight through it's brain.

The two elves were unable to walk and had to crawl to a small dip in the fields to try and hide and heal.
Arthur spoke first after gasping for breath "How are we alive?"
"I don't know. That was my first time seeing one of those. That was just a farmer Arthur!"
"And he only lost because we were more lucky" said Arthur
Mirai suddenly laughed "Did you BITE him?"
Arthur was both embarrassed and disgusted when he now noticed the taste in his mouth "Oh...uh"
She continued to laugh "You still got some real elf in you" She playfully hit his shoulder
"I wonder what Maloy is doing?"

Meanwhile
"So you're trying to tell me that all the great heroes of legend became strong by bullying defenseless animals in the wilderness?" Maloy and the Ear were in the woods north of Incenseorder which had served as a previous shelter for Maloy during both his existential crisis and a regular haunt for him during his werefox transformations
"Absolutely" The ear said with total confidence
"There is not a single part of me that believes that" Maloy said, but in fact there was a small part that wondered.
"Shut up. We got work to do and so the kid gloves are coming off" The ear retorted it's voice deepening
"Kid's gloves? What kind of expression is that?" Maloy wondered, but did not let the ear hear. He had learned to cut off certain parts of his mind and thoughts to it allowing some privacy these days.

The first target was a turkey and as the ear instructed Maloy cut it's leg off and proceeded to beat it endlessly with the flat end of the blade, but it turns out they have little blood so it bled out from the leg wound shortly.
Next he tried his luck with a rattlesnake
"Hit harder you mangy abandoned mutt!!" The ear said having eagerly accepted it's new role
"You can't even hit a snake hard it's no wonder you lost your leg all those years ago! Hit harder!"
He actually hit the rattlesnake so many times that it broke all it's bones and did eventually kill it.
Next was a deer. This was harder as he had to actually cut two legs off a deer to keep it from standing, but he continued to beat the deer until a massive stag came bolting through the trees. If the forest had a guardian this one was it!
"Alright let's see if you can beat a helpless deer, you slug"
The battle was actually interesting. The stag gored Maloy multiple times and he continued to beat it endlessly. Eventually it gave up in fear attempting to crawl away as he beating it again and again
"Alright no more swords. Put your hands up" The ear declared
He began to pummel the deer in the lower body and it vomited and retched and retched as Maloy beat it relentlessly for hours in the stomach.
"Keep those hands up" Maloy didn't sweat being a wolf-man and so was panting wildly as he continued to beat this helpless creature.
Finally, as he rested and the deer laid unconscious on the ground he looked at himself.
In one day he had gotten physically bigger! "I'm huge now! It really does work!" He jumped up excited with a fist in the air
"I'm actually infusing you with my powers as you fight, but yeah you did good kid." The ear said quietly, but then shouted "Alright on your feet, trash! I want you to do shuffles!"
"Shuffles?"
"Move side to side around the deer practicing your dodging! Move those legs!!"
The stag had awoken and was attempting to crawl away again and Maloy aggressively shuffled in circles around the confused and still retching deer.

Meanwhile

Arthur and Mirai were in a field in a mirthful wilderness enjoying the stars. The moon was almost full this night. In the distance was a herd of unicorns. Beautiful and magical creatures deeply valued by elves, but not native to their homeland. This journey might just be worth it for this sight alone.
The two held hands and Arthur considered her. She had lost her barony and ambassadorship. She had nearly beaten the courier who had told her that their homeland was sentencing her to the ambassadorship and sent back a strongly worded letter telling them off. This was not tolerated and they sent a letter back to the dwarves letting them know that she was all, but outright exiled from her homeland now which led to the barony being revoked.
She never seemed to care and gladly took up wandering the wilds. She herself became more wild and vicious than ever while Arthur stayed with Maloy and helped work out the economy and structure of Incenseorder. The two had been drifting away for years now, but with the blight Arthur's future was now gone and here he was with her at rock bottom. He was happy.

In the following days they had to flee another blight victim. an elf, presumably also an exile, who had fallen to it. Then they found a castle still inhabited by a military and convinced three of them to join the group. Arthur promised an unimaginable adventure and then a place of glory in the stable and recovering city of Incenseorder. Mirailei backed him up by vocally questioning whether the slow humans could keep up and this both insulted and challenged some to join.

The journey across the southern mountains were miserable. The two elves had never seen so much snow and couldn't see in front of them as the blizzards were relentless. This was further than any map Arthur owned could detail and they had long past the furthest south he had ever been. They were entering a whole new world as they crested over the tallest peak and saw the beautiful land below.

As they finished leaving the mountains Arthur picked up a scent. Dwarf. They wandered the base of the mountains for a long while searching for the quarry, but with no luck. If this was the corpse it wasn't going anywhere and they would need to pursue more relevant leads and so they left.

Now they were in the jungles and explored. The humans found nature somewhat disturbing which led to a gap between them and the elves relationally for Arthur and Mirai were experiencing a new paradise.
They found a trail that was too large for a dwarf, but Arthur smelt a dwarf somewhere near. So they took up the trail.
They turned a corner after some hours and found the one that had made it:

Arthur's heart was stricken with fear and heartbreak. Fear at the mighty beast that had not yet seen them and heartbreak over what had been done to this poor creature. They fled quietly, but now it had their trail.
It stalked them for hours before they were caught cornered and sleeping and were given no choice but to fight.

It was a vicious battle as Arthur and the axeman Uvash dodged back and forth from the dragon's blows. Arthur was a former merchant who simply had a steel spear from an ancient dwarven fortress and Uvash was an acceptable warrior at best, but still they dodged to and fro as Mirai fired and the other two humans fled like cowards.

The dragon slammed Arthur into a tree after raking a claw on Uvash's leg to knock him over.
The dragon stalked forward to Arthur as he tried to stand with his back to the tree. Finally, it lunged mouth gaping to crush the small elf. Arthur thrust his dwarven spear out and it struck true! Straight to the brain of the dragon! It shuddered and fell back. Dead.

OOC:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: January 14, 2023, 07:22:12 am »

Interesting!

I caught two cave dragons in the caverns below The Eternal Citadel and tries to train them while chained next to a nest box.

They had three children to my knowledge who were (trained) but not domesticated. I’m assuming that’s one of those children you found as the adults should still be chained. I’m guessing the training cases with time.
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 263