Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 263

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 409449 times)

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)
« Reply #2940 on: March 09, 2023, 02:06:55 pm »

Thanks, guys. I'm just touring the Realm for now, gathering corpses, putting them to rest, that kind of thing. I'll see if I find something interesting.

I found a great axe (in all its meanings) that Moldath gave me. I'll see about giving it a few kills. Question though, did you give bone jewelry or did they spawn because my char is a necromancer?

One of the first things I noticed was that I'm wearing three different mail shirts, but I'm not complaining.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 02:10:14 pm by Lurker Z »
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: March 09, 2023, 05:50:24 pm »

Question about save: if the archive becomes above 500 mega, can I try uploading in parts?

That is a good workaround to keep using DFFD and would be fine with me. Never thought that function would become usefull again. I remember it from when you had to zip a game and transport it on like, eight floppy disks. "please insert disk 6".
I'm showing my age, I guess.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: March 09, 2023, 07:21:52 pm »

Was doing the same. I was actually a little nervous that it's no longer there, I'm pleasantly surprised they kept it.

Well, I went to visit the elves, but I might turn out to kill a blighted Law-Giver. Hope I survive to tell the tale.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: March 09, 2023, 08:26:53 pm »

Thanks, guys. I'm just touring the Realm for now, gathering corpses, putting them to rest, that kind of thing. I'll see if I find something interesting.

I found a great axe (in all its meanings) that Moldath gave me. I'll see about giving it a few kills. Question though, did you give bone jewelry or did they spawn because my char is a necromancer?

One of the first things I noticed was that I'm wearing three different mail shirts, but I'm not complaining.

I gave you an axe which was looted from Keyconjure by Pik and Desli many years ago. She lost it when she was captured in one of Avolition’s forts, and I gave you a gem crown which I named in your honour.

The bone crafts will be generated by the game based on creatures in your kill list. It sometimes adds these things and random embellishments to your equipped gear when you retire and resume a character.
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: March 09, 2023, 08:49:05 pm »

Unfortunately I have founs that clothing items are not saved through retirement. Even adamantine cloaks. . . All of mine have disappeared from my adventurers. This will even happen if you ask a companion to wait and move a screen/chunk away from them and back. Even Irka's original named adamantine cloak made by Galka was lost.

Though I think propwr artifacts are fine.
I've lost control of my life.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: March 09, 2023, 09:54:29 pm »

Well, I died to a blighted thrall with an ☼adamantine axe☼. Never met an elf, but at least I killed a Law-Giver.

Interesting information about necros being generated with bone items. As for the crown Moldath gave me, I think the game killed it, I never found it on my char.

Even Irka's original named adamantine cloak made by Galka was lost.
I think I remember seeing an adamantine cloak on a pedestal in the capital in my previous run. I'm not sure it's the one you're talking about.

I've been having a disturbing bug where the game crashes just after it saves. Now, thankfully, it does save, so hopefully nothing gets corrupted, but it's still worrying.

Some things I learned during my run:
* It appears killed reanimated limbs counts as full "zombie humans", since I don't remember killing any undead.
* Do NOT run around reanimation areas with body parts or skin. Though the skin was easy to put down, it just keeps reanimating by itself and jumping out of bags.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 10:14:25 pm by Lurker Z »

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: March 10, 2023, 03:19:23 am »

I think the crown probably vanished as your character wasn’t wearing it when you reclaimed him. Sad to hear you died… thralls with adamantine weapons sounds like FUN.

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: March 10, 2023, 07:58:45 pm »

Unfortunately I have founs that clothing items are not saved through retirement. Even adamantine cloaks. . . All of mine have disappeared from my adventurers. This will even happen if you ask a companion to wait and move a screen/chunk away from them and back. Even Irka's original named adamantine cloak made by Galka was lost.

Though I think propwr artifacts are fine.

Well, the trick is to turn the things you want to conserve into named items.

Even in fort mode, you can turn items into named items at will by making them symbols of a noble position.

(For clothing, this makes it invulnerable to wear damage, which is a really nice extra).
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: March 10, 2023, 11:50:04 pm »

Even in fort mode, you can turn items into named items at will by making them symbols of a noble position.

Wait. Since when has that been possible or is it a new thing that came with 0.50?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: March 11, 2023, 03:08:35 am »

Its definitely possible in .50, I dont recall being able to do that before though.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: March 11, 2023, 12:37:19 pm »

The last turn file is now over one Gigabyte??

Also - the crown was named. It was a masterwork tanzanite crown made by a dwarf in Balancehammer that I named in honour of Lurker and traded with him. I suspect when we look at legends mode after Lurker's turn it will say the object was destroyed. Quite annoying.

EDIT: I downloaded the save and unretired Lurker's character - the crown is in his backpack along with the artifact steel battle-axe, so I am not sure how it managed to vanish in Lurker's turn...
« Last Edit: March 11, 2023, 12:53:04 pm by kesperan »

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: March 11, 2023, 06:50:28 pm »

No, last turn is 2 giga unarchived. Unraveller accidentally put two saves in there.

It's been going well, I've brought Eskôn back to life, but half the settlers were either undead or necros. Things sure changed since my last turns.

I've also started an Omon Obin fort, but it crashed when the first settlers arrived. I wonder what's that about. Sadly, that means I lost in-game around 2 months of progress. I'll save tomorrow around the date the migrants arrived before it crashed. Or I'll save every in-game month, better do that.

Re: Crown, I just said I wasn't wearing it. I'm not sure if it's in the bag. Whoever finds the body might find out.

In interesting unrelated news, someone made an artifact parse crown during a mood. I thought gem setters just made perfect gems, so that's a pleasant surprise.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2023, 06:53:15 pm by Lurker Z »

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: March 12, 2023, 10:33:10 am »

Human forts seem to cause a variety of weirdness. Hope it is going OK.

Out of interest, which Law-Giver did you kill?

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: March 12, 2023, 11:43:36 am »

I didn't check, but the one who was blighted, along with his (or her, I'm not sure) cabinet by Hannibal. Unsurprisingly, the thrall that killed me was also one of the 922 infected directly by Hannibal.

My forts worked well until the crash. Eskôn never crashed. The Omon Obin fort survived two caravans (the first from the elves) without issue. When the migrants arrived, the Omon Obin caravan was about to depart, so I'm not sure if it was simply from the migrants coming or some weird interaction with the caravan.

I also had some weirdness in Eskôn, where the dwarven caravan scared my necros, presumably by firing at wild life, who raised undead, who presumably destroyed the wagons, which made the dwarven caravan not leave for an entire year, which resulted in an explicit message that no migrants would arrive and which also stopped another dwarven caravan from coming. I was going to retire the fort anyway for the Omon Obin one, but that was an annoying cascade failure.

Well, I've somehow passed the issue. It was probably a weird interaction, the merchants left and the migrants arrived some days later with no issues.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 02:01:50 pm by Lurker Z »

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: March 12, 2023, 02:05:38 pm »

I suppose it's also possible that a corrupt unit of some kind attempted to settle in your fort the first time.
I've lost control of my life.
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 263