Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 263

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 410045 times)

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)
« Reply #3120 on: April 20, 2023, 09:57:08 pm »

I think it's been bugging out and people keep adding it manually. It was brought up a few times in the thread.

Glad you finished your turn successfully, Sockmit (or so I assume). Good luck on your turn, Dikbutdagrate.

Hmm I’ll try not to bee suspicious!

Is there any region or town or fort you guys think would be cool to have a map of? I’d like an excuse to practice with inkarnate
Well, I don't have a definite idea. Señamatem has been well-developed by Unraveller/the Anthad dynasty, it'd be interesting to see how that turned out. Otherwise, any player fort that you find interesting would do.
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

Sockmit2007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: April 21, 2023, 07:01:37 am »

After some convincing a friend agreed to let me put it on his drive, so here is the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dToDljmkVNPkhTQYxsN9TyNc7ODHzIji/view?usp=sharing
edit: also due to a mistake the outsider playable tag needs to be readded, sorry about that.

What? How did you even manage to do that?

The gift of dumb mistakes is one that continues to give, even when you don't want it to, in this case, I forgot to revert to ASCII before installing save.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: April 22, 2023, 05:57:08 am »

Can I be added to the turn list again please?

Bralbaard, can you add me to the turn list again please?

I will try to get the rest of Tirin’s story up this coming week.
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: April 22, 2023, 05:21:02 pm »

So I'm in Boltspumpkin, which npc is the "caretaker"?

Is it the goblin lady? Kind of surprised she hasn't been given a unique name or anything.

Alright. This turn is looking more unhinged than I had originally planned on.
And this is like, after the crazy stuff that I wanted to do.

For starters, I got just robbed by "Weenié le Puu", who is my own adventurer! I'll explain later, as I'm still trying to sort out what on earth is even happening, and figure out how to stop my own adventurers from repeatedly mugging one another, for their stupid backpacks and pants. I was just trying to sort of their inventories, and everything went wrong. "Gristeffer Grobin" is now running around pants-less out in the woods, and "le Puu" has fled to parts unknown.

Another thing, while I was performing "surgery" on another character, I think I managed to accidentally sew Gristeffer's bronze scimitar into his right eye socket? It was somewhat alarming when I discovered it.

Also, I have made a movie! It is an attempt at recreating the opening act of a certain relevant film.
- I'll include the Youtube link when I do the full post write up.

"Weenié Le Puu" has turned in his artifact though, which is now in the hands of the museum's newly enhanced caretaker. No need to thank me for the provision of upgrades, all in a day's work. *tips hats and curls mustache before fleeing into the woods*

The Artifact:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Complementary item, courtesy of one, "Weenié le Puu": 

And a free pig:

--------------------
Spoilers: Hidden location of artifact within Boltspumpkin
« Last Edit: April 22, 2023, 09:18:39 pm by dikbutdagrate »

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: April 22, 2023, 08:43:34 pm »

Well, Weenié Le Puu is no more. "Gristeffer Grobbin" wanted his backpack back, and no Weenié shall never pack it again....

Our adventure now focuses its gaze upon the wild whirlwinds adventures of Gristeffer Grobbin and Mr. Wabbit!
In other words, we have ourselves Winnie the Pooh, minus "Winnie".

Hmm, it appears that Gristeffer did lose one of his feet fighting le Puu. Well at least we didn't lose both of them! Obviously, the next course of action it to get cursed and turn into a silly monkey for a week, or get turned into some kind of were-baboon. Either way, it'll be fine.

I should be done with the save, and have it ready and uploaded by tomorrow night.
Btw, pleasure doing business with your character Braalbard! "Hehe, sucker."

Edit:
Decided to name the sword stuck in his eye. Also, it turns out it's coated in Rattlesnake blood.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2023, 09:10:54 pm by dikbutdagrate »

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3125 on: April 22, 2023, 09:16:14 pm »

I'd like to say I'm surprised, but this is Dwarf Fortress, I don't think I've had a time when adventure mode went as planned.

Interesting names, I'm sure Weenié had a glorious future before it was cut down by Armok's bloodthirst. Unless you butchered the corpse (or send it to Herograves), don't be surprised to see a zomboid bear-skunk abomination in the future of Orid Xem.

You're not making a fortress? It's your choice, you can still make a fortress in the remaining time or uploaded as it is at the end of the adventure.

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: April 22, 2023, 09:19:30 pm »

I'd like to say I'm surprised, but this is Dwarf Fortress, I don't think I've had a time when adventure mode went as planned.

Interesting names, I'm sure Weenié had a glorious future before it was cut down by Armok's bloodthirst. Unless you butchered the corpse (or send it to Herograves), don't be surprised to see a zomboid bear-skunk abomination in the future of Orid Xem.

You're not making a fortress? It's your choice, you can still make a fortress in the remaining time or uploaded as it is at the end of the adventure.

No, I made a fortress and a camp. You'll see stuff when I do the write up.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: April 23, 2023, 07:37:41 am »

2.5 million bees AND a sword sewn into someone’s eye? What a wild adventure lol

The new Imgur rule is impacting old inactive accounts right? So we mainly need to worry about entries from non-active players?

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: April 23, 2023, 09:47:10 am »

How did you do that sewn stuff?
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: April 23, 2023, 10:56:50 am »

2.5 million bees AND a sword sewn into someone’s eye? What a wild adventure lol

The new Imgur rule is impacting old inactive accounts right? So we mainly need to worry about entries from non-active players?
I only uploaded without account, so are my images in danger?

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: April 23, 2023, 10:59:18 am »

Yep
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: April 23, 2023, 03:40:50 pm »

:o That is certainly one of the more disturbing museum submissions.
I'm slightly worried that my character may have gained some "enhancements" now that it is mentioned he has been talked to  :).

In other news:
QD has mentioned in the Hall of Legends that there is at least a backup for the museum threads now, for the whole imgur debacle.

I've updated the turn list and some other posts, I had to catch up quite a bit, so tell me if I missed anything.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: April 23, 2023, 04:35:58 pm »

How did you do that sewn stuff?

I too would like to know how to perform amateur surgery in adventure mode. This is most... intriguing. Sounds useful for a dwarf who keeps rotting into oblivion.
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: April 23, 2023, 04:39:04 pm »

Count me in on learning about the adventure mode surgery thing. That sounds like it has a lot of potential applications for an enterprising adventurer.

(As a side note I'm going to have to ask that I be bumped down 3-4 places; got exams coming up again, so the next few weeks will be busy as all hell.)
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: April 23, 2023, 07:58:55 pm »

Heres the save for whoever is up next!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TaHN3E-yPkdWkpw8gt6SqSIcMFe6yO23/view?usp=sharing

I'll write up what happened over the next two days, if that works for people.

In the meantime, you can enjoy this 'not entirely unwholesome' attempt to recreate the first scene from the Winnie the Pooh film.
Watch, listen, and be amazed as I climb a tree for honey. An awful contemptible, lying, and honey thieving tree.
And yes, it took me six actual IRL minutes to climb a tree, it was ridiculous. And the music didn't help, lol. 
(Note: I did have to make use of dfhack to spawn the bee colony up in the tree.)
https://youtu.be/8Q_9kUIJQvs

More of the screen got cutoff than I wanted. If I ever attempt to make another video, I'll just do full screen capture and then trim it afterwards. 

----------
Oh. And about my fort, I'm not going to do a write up about it. But the end was pure chaos.

I had a feeling it was the end when a vampire historian diplomat from a human civ showed up and made a straight b-line to the tavern, and just drained this dude in front of everyone, before casually strolling over the mayor's office to have a meeting about trade. Drained someone else, and left before any crime was reported!

Next month, we got attacked by a werecreature intelligent undead; and then evidently missed catching the last person who got bit, and so the next month that dorf turns into a big crazy thing, but it was a two-pronger, and we got attacked by a lady necromancer were-creature at that same exact moment... and then the loyalty cascade happened.

So after the first were creature, to recoup some of our losses, I put all of our necromancer scholars into a military unit, in the hopes they would resurrect some of our citizens during combat... instead, they kind of just made more were creatures. It was a mess. I think someone warned me once about "what is dead may eternal lie, but with strange something, yeah I can't remember the rest." So like, Lou Bega, the singer / the necromancer performer mayor's severed limbs started attacking the citizenry, after I think Reggy the former CEO of Nintendo slayed him, uh... the first time?; the were-creature zombies started fighting each other, and that was cool; and the collateral damage tallied up to like a 80 dorfs or something, and I was like alright, "my work here is done."

I built a shrine trapping one of the creatures that fell into a pond during a struggle with the necroamncer were gerbil lady, and dwarves pray to a god of death on top of it now.

----------

Also, all of my adventurers are now dead lol. Mr. Wabbit died in a tomb, after he got trapped via unretiring and being stuck prone and unable to climb out. And Gristeffer died also. Mr. Wabbit recovered his "Eye of Blades" from his eye socket, but has obviously now lost it.

I have a bunch of screenshots that I took and have to go through and curate, and then hopefully come up with some almost witty character dialogue to accompany them. 
« Last Edit: April 23, 2023, 08:35:52 pm by dikbutdagrate »
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 263