Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 263

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 409993 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)
« Reply #3135 on: April 23, 2023, 08:27:57 pm »

This is possibly the most bizarre thing I've ever seen in Dwarf Fortress. Congratulations. That's quite a high bar.

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3136 on: April 23, 2023, 09:53:35 pm »

This is possibly the most bizarre thing I've ever seen in Dwarf Fortress. Congratulations. That's quite a high bar.

It appears now is the perfect time to start planning your next vacation!

Come join us at:

Lol, wait for the write up. That was just a summary.

Originally I had envisioned a derivative character of both Winnie the Pooh and Pepé le Pew, whose M.O. was something akin to a fusion between Yogi Bear and like... Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs lol.

I had a bit I wanted to do, which was going to be something like a DF music video, where "Weenié Le Puu" is stealing honey from a fortress, all while wearing the severed face of a dwarf's former spouse as a disguise. So it would be their corpse parts stitched onto Weenie's face. The video would show the dorfs and Weenié dancing, and then Weenie sneaking out to frantically cart honey out into the middle of the woods in the dead of the night, with wolf howls in the background, and moving at a snails pace due to the 15 tons of honey on his back, all wearing the face of this dead dwarf, heh heh.

LMAO, this was going to be the music, hah!
https://youtu.be/S_3vZYOYNYU

Alas, Weenie is eating all the honey he can eat... IN
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So that'll never happen now.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 01:28:33 am by dikbutdagrate »

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: April 24, 2023, 01:14:07 am »

Oh man, there’s a lot to unpack there. It certainly sounds like you had FUN and your fort will be an interesting place to visit.

The human historian diplomat vampire can only be Baron Leto Searchpraise the Azure, a former adventurer of the Museum!
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: April 24, 2023, 02:38:35 am »

Oh man, there’s a lot to unpack there. It certainly sounds like you had FUN and your fort will be an interesting place to visit.

The human historian diplomat vampire can only be Baron Leto Searchpraise the Azure, a former adventurer of the Museum!

Also, the lady necromancer werecreature is Desli, that is one of Eric's adventurers if I'm not mistaken. Wonder if she made it out of this mess. 

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3139 on: April 24, 2023, 05:30:35 am »

Picking up after lunch and starting.
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3140 on: April 24, 2023, 07:55:55 am »

Also, the lady necromancer werecreature is Desli, that is one of Eric's adventurers if I'm not mistaken. Wonder if she made it out of this mess.

Leto survived and went back to Clenchportent quite content.

Desli, however, it would seem was killed by Spongeberb Flightcobalt the Wayward Treason after she had bitten him and transformed him into a werejackal, then killed and ressurected him 25 times.

It does sound like you had an eventful few years in The Hungry Aching Woods, Dikbut.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3141 on: April 24, 2023, 09:27:44 am »

Journal of Onol - 23-09-0967

They ushered us away, the caretakers. "Hide behind the wall" they said. An envoy of green malice appeared, it started attacked everyone. The power of the dwarves were powerless against its foul magic. After hours of combat just as quickly the foul creature arrived did it leave. A lone dwarf bearing wounds and injuries knocked upon the wall "its safe to come out" it croaked in a wheezing voice. The poor dwarf had slumped themselves against the wall for support briefly before continuing its staggered movement. "Atleast you three are safe and we have done our duty" they said wanding outside. Only to return moments later hawling a fellow dwarf towards the tomb.

Why had they risked themselves for us?

Why are we so important to them?

What am i missing?

Drunken scholar

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: April 24, 2023, 12:26:32 pm »

It does sound like you had an eventful few years in The Hungry Aching Woods, Dikbut.

If I take another turn, perhaps I'll work on actually putting some charm into the fort and adjacent camp.

The frame rate in fort mode was fine, but adv mode it really struggled. It took me over an hour to collect all the bees from the place, and I took windowed screenshots to show the time.

:o That is certainly one of the more disturbing museum submissions.
I'm slightly worried that my character may have gained some "enhancements" now that it is mentioned he has been talked to  :).
Nah, I just traded a shitty coat for the die your character carries around. I think I also asked you to became a hearth person? But you refused to go on adventures.

Theres a fee that other players have to pay for body modification. And the only currency I accept is honey. Preferably in jars.
Additionally, theres also the matter of me needing a character to accept payment. Obviously, players will have to find and resurrect Weenié le Puu's corpse as an intelligent undead. 1 honey = 1 item stitched into a body part, doesn't matter whose.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 01:10:53 pm by dikbutdagrate »

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: April 24, 2023, 02:48:52 pm »

The new Fortress crashes for me, both when I try to reclaim, or when I try to visit it in adventure mode. The new camp is fine. Can anyone else confirm?
Since there was a lot of werecreature activity it might be one of the werecreature related bugs?

@Dikbutdagrate, do you have a working copy or backup, by any chance?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 03:18:24 pm by Bralbaard »

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: April 24, 2023, 03:22:11 pm »

It crashes for me too. Tried changing various settings but nothing works.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3145 on: April 24, 2023, 03:53:43 pm »

I will hold off to see if there is a fix

Drunken scholar

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: April 24, 2023, 06:50:04 pm »

The new Fortress crashes for me, both when I try to reclaim, or when I try to visit it in adventure mode. The new camp is fine. Can anyone else confirm?
Since there was a lot of werecreature activity it might be one of the werecreature related bugs?

@Dikbutdagrate, do you have a working copy or backup, by any chance?

@Bralbaard I made several back ups, at one point I even had 10 gigs allocated to just having backups for this crazy save. I deleted them though when it appeared things were in working order.

The only thing I did notice, is that during the second to last attempt I made to kill off Mr. Wabbit, so within the last 15 minutes spent in game before I stopped playing the save, adv mode had started running at a surprisingly high frame rate in places where I would normally expect it not to. And then it crashed as soon as I attempted to walk onto a fort site. I didn't think much of it, and I promptly reloaded killed off Mr. Wabbit without bothering to go back and shuffle some more bees around before hand.

It could be werecreature related though. Werecreature bugs can be pretty exhausting to deal with, but they aren't impossible to fix. I made a script several months ago to help deal with this precise issue. But you have to know which character, or npc, is causing it.

@Avolitionbrit where exactly are you encountering the crashes?

Edit:
So far adventure mode appears to be smoothly. No crashes encountered yet.

About to try reclaiming a fort to see what happens.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2023, 04:35:09 am by dikbutdagrate »

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3147 on: April 24, 2023, 07:18:44 pm »

:'(

Yeah, just tried to unretire a fort, specifically the hungry aching woods, and we have a crash.
I'll work on fixing it and hopefully have the save reuploaded.

Worst case, you can just retcon my turn.

This is what our crash log looks like.

I for one, blame the sturgeon.

Edit:
Not every fort is bugged, evidently. We have several that appear to work just fine. And I really dig whoever's polar bear man fisherman necromancer this is, and this fort. Was this made in vanilla?! Thats awesome! The clear glass block tower in the middle is rad.
Specifics on where the crashes are occurring would be very helpful.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 07:41:23 pm by dikbutdagrate »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3148 on: April 24, 2023, 08:38:44 pm »

So Desli finally died again, huh? Took her long enough.

But multiple forts are crashing? Not just the one you played? That's bad.

I was thinking about it, and decided to post what I remember about Warshrieks: basically, it had a good solid run for a few years with gear and artifacts I imported to the location specifically to get it going. Conducted several successful raids on goblin settlements, killing many greenskins. Then, in the last season of my playthrough, an intelligent-undead cyclops attacked. And absolutely mopped the floor with the four squads of militiadwarves I had, including a dozen legendary warriors. I ordered the last of them to hide in the burrows in the dining hall, and the cyclops got caught in a cage trap. I then pitted the cyclops in a thresher full of repeating spikes and stabbed it to death. And that was the last thing I did before I retired it. Obviously, the cyclops came back from the dead (again) and tore the fortress apart, and is slaughtering anyone who tries to visit its new lair, leaving none alive to tell the tale.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: April 24, 2023, 09:43:27 pm »

So Desli finally died again, huh? Took her long enough.

But multiple forts are crashing? Not just the one you played? That's bad.

I'm trying to figure some stuff out, but theres something really weird going on in the xml data.

So I gotta ask, was 'reveal all historical events' turned off for some reason during world-gen? If yes, this entire save is a Jenga tower waiting to collapse. Not entirely dissimilar to normal saves mind you, just much harder to debug, due to the inability to pull numbers from anywhere other than crash logs.

If this wasn't disabled, well, we certainly know what 'sort of bug' we're looking at, because historical and location data is being set to -1 in a bunch of places. You can observe some of the immediate consequences of this if you go to legends and view the log for my fortress of the "Hungry Aching Wood." It mentions the fort was founded... and thats it, with nothing else of consequence. Not even when it was retired.

Edit:
« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 10:09:32 pm by dikbutdagrate »
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 263