Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 263

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 410002 times)

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)
« Reply #3150 on: April 24, 2023, 11:07:02 pm »

So I gotta ask, was 'reveal all historical events' turned off for some reason during world-gen? If yes, this entire save is a Jenga tower waiting to collapse. Not entirely dissimilar to normal saves mind you, just much harder to debug, due to the inability to pull numbers from anywhere other than crash logs.
Yes, history was hidden. But once creatures and items are "created", shouldn't they remain historical? That was my belief until now.

Hope there's no need for something drastic.
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: April 24, 2023, 11:19:39 pm »

Can't say I've ever had a crash that occurred like this one when reclaiming. It goes straight to desktop as soon as you confirm the reclamation. Generally when we have something like corrupt units you're able to get to the screen that gives you brief text about reclaiming/striking the earth. In those cases I've used Df-hack gui/gm-editor df.global to pause the game then proceed to systematically delete units until the corruption is resolved. Here it is not the case, which leads me to believe it is not necessarily unit related. Conjecture based on my experience thus far of course.

How's your DF-hacking been this playthrough? Anything particularly beyond the average pale?
I've lost control of my life.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: April 25, 2023, 12:59:04 am »

Wasn't Warshrieks in the same condition? I know there were a few other places affected before with some form of corruption.

Unless there are extra places beyond the aching woods we could probably move on, but if the damage is worse we should revert?

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: April 25, 2023, 04:34:08 am »

Wasn't Warshrieks in the same condition? I know there were a few other places affected before with some form of corruption.

Unless there are extra places beyond the aching woods we could probably move on, but if the damage is worse we should revert?

I actually misread avolitionbrit's post. It appears that only the Hungry Aching Woods is suffering from crashes atm.

By all means, feel free to ignore the billboard I put up. The place is nowhere near as friendly as the billboard makes it appear to be.

I also sort of like the idea that the woods are Ȗ̷̡̲̠͐̈́̈́̀̉͒͋͐͊͋̄͗̚̕͝ň̵̨̞̰͎͖̹̖̫͎̳͗̓͒̈́̀̌͐̎̐̋̍̕͝ä̷̳͚̝̩̹̩̻̮̙͚̭́͂̈̊̽́̈́͌̇͛͒̈͋̈́̕͜͠͠p̸̝̤̩̝͖̄̌̀͗̋̀͑͂͂̐̒̉̎̀̓̚͘p̶̢̧̡̖̘̟̩̥̼̮̝̺͔̹̩̄̏̀̎͂r̷̡̫̥͑͋̎͋͑̀o̵̫͈̮̓̈́̓̃̐̓͠à̴͍̪̪͖̗̝̼͚͔͎̈̾͋̐͘č̶̡̘͇̮̰͚͓̺̼̬̞̳̳͎̺̒͛͑̓̄̈̑͌̕̚͝ͅͅh̵̡̪͔̦̯̮͔̅̀̿̽́͌͜ȁ̶̮̮͈͓̯̟̼͍͚̱̳̀̅̄̉͘̚͠ḃ̸̤̮̼̪̤̹̻̯͉̼̰͎̮̆̄͒͊̈̿̅̈́̔̎̑͗͜ͅl̴̰̎̈́͛̀͆̾̈̎̓̀͌̓̆͘̕ͅę̶̢̛͔̳̪̦̬̺̝̹́̽͂̆̈́͐̀͐̆̾̍͆͘͝ͅ ̵̦̌̍̇͋̿͆͠͠͠

B̸̘̳̳̺̉͛̇̈́̽̑͝͝Ȩ̴͖̮̜͙̠̅́̾̐̅͒͂͒̾́͘͝ͅW̶̡̡̨̗͙͙̥̯͈̱̭͍̓AR̶̡̛̰͈͚̘̙͙̤̖͚̓̑̿̉͌̍̄̒̃̑͠Ȩ̸̗̪͉͖̩̳̰͎̘̀̀͊̃̽̅͊̚͠͠͝ ̴̬͖̖̫̳̟̟͈̮̩͙̖̿!̷̡͖̥̺̺͕̰̖̤͇̇͒
« Last Edit: April 25, 2023, 04:49:00 am by dikbutdagrate »

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: April 25, 2023, 04:42:15 am »

And so the All Devouring Worm claims one more fragment of reality.

The age of death is one step closer.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: April 25, 2023, 06:19:40 am »

I shall take this as a go-ahead. I shall resume my turn
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: April 25, 2023, 07:23:26 am »

There seems to be some weirdness with intelligent undead and werebeasts.

In my last playthrough, an elf weremoose was chopped into bits by my militia, then raised by my friendly polar bear necromancer, and the various body parts regenerated into full elves. They were nameless friendly "elf hollow stalker" NPCs who just stood there doing nothing. I decided to atom smash them to avoid any shenanigans.

Looking at the pics that Dikbut posted, he has a group of nameless friendly dwarf hollow zombies. I suspect those are body parts which have been regenerated by the werecurse into full beings, all of whom won't necessarily have different unit or histfig IDs.

There's also this weirdness:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This seems to be a female wolf man with the same necromancer secrets as Desli, who got involved in the fight between Desli and "Spongeberp" and who ended up being killed and ressurected several times. I suspect this is a body part of Desli which was regenerated into a wolf man intelligent undead.

Now I am no expert but all this weirdness could be causing database errors?
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: April 25, 2023, 10:56:43 am »

Those kinds of killed and resurrected critter parts absolutely cause crashes, yes. Maybe delete the offending instances, see how that affects it?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: April 25, 2023, 11:52:11 am »

We can probably test it and apply the changes when Avolition drops the save? I don't have time myself

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: April 25, 2023, 01:15:51 pm »

Those kinds of killed and resurrected critter parts absolutely cause crashes, yes. Maybe delete the offending instances, see how that affects it?

I think Unraveller tried that and couldn't get the game to load to be able to edit the data file.

I guess if it only affects this one fortress it isn't too game breaking, unless the cloned were-zombies start to migrate.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: April 25, 2023, 02:01:51 pm »

Remind me not to resurrect Maloy if he ever gets himself killed!

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: April 25, 2023, 02:10:38 pm »

Looking at the pics that Dikbut posted, he has a group of nameless friendly dwarf hollow zombies. I suspect those are body parts which have been regenerated by the werecurse into full beings, all of whom won't necessarily have different unit or histfig IDs.

They're former animated undead corpse parts that have grasp tokens, and after being cutdown, we're raised again as intelligent undead. An animated undead corpse that is killed and brought back as an intelligent undead, won't be linked to the original creature. Hence the missing histfig data. And also why I got a notice saying a bunch of my sentient undead dwarves had gone missing.

It appears that the corruption is safely contained within The Hungry Aching Woods.
And I am increasingly enamored by this idea. I say, leave it as is.   

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2023, 02:23:08 pm by dikbutdagrate »

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: April 25, 2023, 03:06:23 pm »

That reminds me of something I wanted to try. Chopping off Maloy’s head, resurrecting his corpse and then seeing if it grows a new head when he transforms into a fox.

Infinite wolf man heads! What could possibly go wrong?

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: April 25, 2023, 03:08:21 pm »

Sounds like we have a Tomie situation. It will never end, burn them all in fire.
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: April 25, 2023, 03:51:19 pm »

That reminds me of something I wanted to try. Chopping off Maloy’s head, resurrecting his corpse and then seeing if it grows a new head when he transforms into a fox.

Infinite wolf man heads! What could possibly go wrong?

I'm just imagining some bleak future centuries after his death where all that's left of the wolf-man isn't even a name. Just a roaming horde of zombie wolf heads that are a threat to anyone not competent in dodging or fighting lol
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 263