Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 263

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 409602 times)

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)
« Reply #3225 on: May 09, 2023, 11:40:55 am »

Downloading it know, let's see how it goes.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: May 11, 2023, 07:44:30 am »

I decided to go explore the Scorpion Orgy pit

The first thing i saw was this:

And when i checked one of the gray asterisks:

A headless berserk dwarf covered in forgotten beast poison

Literally my first encounter in Orid Xem
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3227 on: May 11, 2023, 11:31:53 am »

Welcome to Orid Xem!

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: May 11, 2023, 11:51:32 am »

Yeah, Falsetower is just absolutely brimming with undead horrors, incestuous scorpions and generalised death.

Good luck!
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: May 11, 2023, 04:06:58 pm »

Welcome to Orid Xem, Broken! I wonder if a headless berserker undead is more dangerous than a blighted thrall. Ah, reminds me of my second or third char in the game that was slayed on the same night of his departure with a thrall in Señamatem. I hope you survive to explore some more of the world and thanks for the updates.

I've noticed something that apparently flew under the radar.

By Armok, this settlement has been under goblin siege for a quarter of a millennium and is still standing! And they're not kidding, the last two waves had around 50 trolls each, and yet the elves took no casualties.
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: May 12, 2023, 08:06:36 am »

Yeah, Falsetower is just absolutely brimming with undead horrors, incestuous scorpions and generalised death.

Good luck!

Yeah, the undead horrors didn't liked me stealing their artifacts.

My poor goblin thief didn't stand a chance:

Honestly, i am impressed. Ripping off a tongue with a bite is stupidly hard. (I have often tried to do it myself!)

The save is back to 532 mb so i uploaded it to google drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VrP1iUXE4bLtTS2OBPjsGuJ7WUF-DxPi?usp=share_link

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: May 12, 2023, 11:13:56 am »

Hey I wanted to put out if anyone feels the desire to use Maloy the wolf lord in your playthrough or incenseorder or any others that is totally fine. Even to the extent of killing him!

I realize I don't really have any other plans for him other than background population experiments and necromancer shenanigans and steam adventure mode is in the works so felt like being attached to him as an adventurer is passed he's more like an npc I can control now to me.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: May 12, 2023, 12:51:43 pm »

I’ve found you can get the save under 500mb if you use uncompressed saves, winrar “best” compression.

But google drive works too!

Edit: looks like you didn’t make a fort and it’s still year 996. Good luck on your turn QD!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2023, 04:36:41 am by kesperan »

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: May 14, 2023, 08:45:55 am »

Thanks. Got the save and am currently looking through Legends before I get started.

EDIT: Looks like the tileset has gone bork again. Will try to fix it after my main adventure's done, unless anyone has any suggestions in meantime.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 05:11:10 am by Quantum Drop »
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: May 16, 2023, 01:12:04 pm »

I unborked it for my turn, so the save for the end of that turn should have proper raws. ( But I did not check if other broken stuff was fixed at that point, like the edits that make dwarves playable)

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: May 17, 2023, 03:03:50 am »

Easiest solution is to copy vanilla raws over the save at the end or start of your turn then add the outsider tag to whatever race you want to play as, since we’ve now lost goblins and dwarves from the default list.

That should get rid of any graphics pack related screwiness.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: May 18, 2023, 06:08:31 pm »

(The following was found stuffed behind one of the rotten wooden bookcases we were removing. Its a bit tatered but I think you will find it an insightful read.)

The Children of Ortet - Chapter 1 - The Aerated helmet - Entry 1

By far one of my greatest blights is my stumped hand, though i feel nothing from it. It still bleeds, my divine ichor dripping upon the ground. Vampirism and the blood of a beast long forgotton have mutated my once mundane blood into something arcane. I had first noticed its effects upon my potted plump helmet, when moistising the soil. A drop of my ichor would always fall into the pot, sinking into the muddy abyss. At first nothing seemed amis, however over the coming days, the mushroom once a vibrant purple now a dull lavendar colour. Its roots once thin and clustered, grew thicker and branched. Its roots began to bud as the soil was replaced with think pale lavendar mycelium. The fruit of the plant were smaller than plump helmets but were more pointy compared the flatter helmet of the plump helmets fruit.

I return the next day to observe its status only to find it had started to show signs of withering. The farmers guild took a look but were of no use, the plant withered rapidly, its thick chunky roots shriviling up to withered tendrels that crumbled under the lightest of breeze. Some of the newest helmets still had some life to them, saving them and repeating the steps that had created the original. Ichor and all.

Needless to say, its effect is both facisinating and terrifing. Further research required.

Upon necropsy of the withered plump helmet, changes to its structures and behavior clearly differentiate it from the plump helmet species. As a result I shall refer to this new branch of the plump helmet family; Aerated Helmet. The root structures of the withered Aerated helmet produced a black tar like substance that is slightly acidic. Further testing to determine potential uses for this substance are warrented.

(This is clearly a work of fiction, please repair the binding and touch up the cover before returning it to the fiction section)

The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: May 18, 2023, 07:20:10 pm »

... the mad scorpion has been inhaling too many mushroom fumes I think!

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: May 18, 2023, 10:06:48 pm »

To be fair, who else but a bark scorpion man to become a druid from imbuing too much necrotic magic?

...only in Dwarf Fortress.
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: May 19, 2023, 05:14:03 pm »

Save is up. Current size is 460-470 MB, using WinRAR at normal compression.

The year is still 996, and while there's no new fortress, there is a new Museum exhibit - a set of Blighted Thrall organs in preservative jars. (Long story, will follow once I get turn 102 typed up due to the characters involved being established during that turn's story.)

Good luck with your turn, Eric Blank!
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 263