Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 263

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 409906 times)

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)
« Reply #3255 on: May 23, 2023, 06:53:28 pm »

I mean, it certainly has a roleplay-friendly necromantic charm, but losing your name and all your skills does seem a steep price to pay!
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: May 24, 2023, 03:39:29 am »

Thanks, I'll see how this turns out.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: May 26, 2023, 07:09:58 am »

Any update Eric? Did you solve your curse problem?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: May 26, 2023, 02:09:55 pm »

Kinda? Theyre there, but nameless (the random name shown on the adventurer selection screen doesnt stick) and their missing body parts didn't heal. I consider it a partial success?

I'll upload the save tonight.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: May 26, 2023, 10:39:27 pm »

Alright, here we go!

https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16718

I'll finish the write-up in the next couple days, hopefully.
I make Spellcrafts!

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: May 27, 2023, 01:36:10 pm »

Here we go indeed! The second millenium is upon us!

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: May 27, 2023, 02:33:05 pm »

Good luck on your turn Unraveller!

Still waiting on your stories from your last turn!

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: May 27, 2023, 06:07:14 pm »

Hey Arthur and Miara's son Arandil became a hammerer! Proud of the boy!

Looks like Maloy's projects are going along swimmingly still although most of the sites Arthur claimed and gave away seem to have just been reconquered by the goblins sadly....

Good luck Unraveller!

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: May 27, 2023, 07:10:02 pm »

Hey Arthur and Miara's son Arandil became a hammerer! Proud of the boy!

Looks like Maloy's projects are going along swimmingly still although most of the sites Arthur claimed and gave away seem to have just been reconquered by the goblins sadly....
Interesting news, I have the save, but I haven't converted it into Legends Viewer yet.

Good luck, Unraveller. I hope you have time for your turn, I've been meaning to get up to date with the stories, and I haven't read most of the ones since my turn. I also hope you're on because I'd like for human civs to be playable in fort mode again, I still had some work on that castle, if even so I don't associate my human characters with the dwarven civilizations so they don't get recruited into the meat-grinder that is Ilrallenod.

I'm glad Desli is back. (Is she inhabiting the same body? Is she a reincarnation? I only read that she's back.)

-snip-
Just to make sure for my turn, this is your current character, yes?

And the following one, if I should find and plan for it, can be used by myself for anything, yes?

Since I'm writing here, did you know the tragic tale of Ves Ledrazor the Ultimate Oblivion? An athletic friendly rival (LV calls them "atheltic buddies") of Dreamypuzzled himself in over 23 contests ("spoiler", Dreamypuzzled wins all of them, because he's a demon. A shock, I know.), he died in the Great War and was brought back as undead by Oddom, then fought in over 100 battles for her. He met his end to Dreamypuzzled itself while raiding its capital. I wonder if the demon recognized him and mourned his existence, or it was just another shambling undead that it put down without a second thought?
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: May 28, 2023, 10:45:27 am »

Both of those Bralbaards are the same person/body. If legends viewer is tracking it as two entries I would not know why. Possibly the natural reanimation caused it, or the glitch afterwards that causes the subject to become mortal again. Anyhow, it is no use looking for a corpse in the hill of bogs.

The only other part of me for which the location is known is my right hand's left hand, I think.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: May 28, 2023, 11:48:04 am »

By LV's standards, those are two different "souls", or IDs. This makes it even more confusing because vanilla has some parameters named "souls" and I don't think they mean the same thing as IDs. Vanilla "souls" seem to be more like identity as in false names, since a single creature can have several souls.

Anyway, by ID and Legends Viewer terms, the original Bralbaard is still roaming the world and what you're wearing is a copy - albeit a regenerated copy - with a completely different ID. I was thinking of trying something with the original ID. Maloy had mentioned in some post of seeing that discarded body running around aimless in the wilderness, though I don't know if that happened in-game or if it was just roleplay.

Legends Mode agrees they are two different people:

I'm sorry, Bralbaard, you're officially a clone, lol. Both in body and in soul.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2023, 12:40:27 pm by Lurker Z »

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: May 28, 2023, 12:49:53 pm »

Yes, the part I found turned out to be the zombified hand. Since it wasn't technically unintelligent I guess it just left the site to wander the forests

There was one site, whose name I don't remember now, that I suspected would have a Bral part, but I never got around to it because I was low on time and Arthur and Miara barely survived the dark ones at falsetower.

Also I once killed a demon master in fortress mode and when I went to his fort in adventure his body was laying out front. So I wonder if some HFs die in fort missions that their bodies get transported back to their original settlement?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: May 28, 2023, 02:16:00 pm »

I noticed the different souls/IDs aspect too with Pik and Desli at the end of my turn. The resurrection as "mortals" worked, but the new bodies are not the same person at all; its just a zombified body that lost its undead syndrome and becomes a valid historical figure/adventurer. For roleplay purposes, you can claim they were resurrected/are the same person, but from the game's perspective, the only tie they had was being the reanimated body of the dead individual. Since in this case it was the main body, with the upper body included, it means there's no corpse out there of the original that can get resurrected. However, there may be bits and pieces, say arms and heads, that can be reanimated, fully healed and become valid hist figs if body-swapped to and given a nickname.

The only differences in this case between these and the animated body parts of someone infected with a werecurse is that body-swapping to them seems to cement them as a valid historical figure, which may be why the game doesn't crash when loading them up. They also werent animated by a necromancer.

Theoretically, you could use this to create an army of clones and clones of clones. But that's not safe to do with a community game save, maybe something to try on our own time.

The only other question is, whether or not the werecurse was also successfully purged.

Oh, also, Ciko was technically born several years before Desli had died, and I didn't know enough about dfhack to change her birth date, so I just ignored it...
So to answer your question, Lurker, Ciko is a reincarnation of Desli, because the corpse is lost in the Hungry Aching Woods.

Here's the second part of the journey:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2023, 02:24:47 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: May 28, 2023, 03:08:30 pm »

I was mostly nickpicking anyway, I hope it's not interpreted that I have any issue with that sort of resurrection. I think the interesting part of this method is that the birth date and likely DNA and all other traits of both body and soul are duplicated, which is much better than the method I was considering. Also props to who discovered the technique first and for Bralbaard for using it successfully.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: May 29, 2023, 08:13:36 am »

I am intrigued to find out what happened to Pik!

I am also happy that someone used the armour/equipment that I had left in the adventurer's inn in Ashcinders. Looking forward to the rest of your story Eric.
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 263