Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 263

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 409973 times)

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)
« Reply #3330 on: June 15, 2023, 06:19:50 am »

Yeah I wasn't meaning to move the turns along early. I figured when I posted it we could just do what we did before and let someone have a two or three day turn until the actual player in line can get it

You may find some of the masterwork spikes I have sent out lol

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3331 on: June 15, 2023, 08:52:06 am »

If nobody objects I'll just move Unraveller down a spot, I'd love to see the storyline for Silverthrone continued.

That’s fine by me. I won’t be able to do my turn until 4th July at the earliest so I might need to be bumped down a turn depending on TheFlame and Unraveller’s availability. 
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3332 on: June 15, 2023, 03:32:19 pm »

It's theFlame's turn then.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3333 on: June 15, 2023, 08:17:11 pm »

Well, that was quick. I'll start on Friday or Saturday. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3334 on: June 15, 2023, 09:47:27 pm »

Ah. I very much appreciate the move down, I've only just now had time to sit down and read the ongoings of Orid Xem. . . Of which there are many, haha. All in all I'm amazed as ever, think I'll try and focus on a smaller scale for my next adventure, though I'm not yet sure. At the very least the Gloryages must continue!
I've lost control of my life.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3335 on: June 15, 2023, 10:21:27 pm »

I was in the process of doing the same thing, using the coin method.

From what I gather you can make insane amounts of metal by melting coins but only if you split the stacks somehow. Any tips on how to do this?

I have used the metal leggings smithing before when I was short on steel, they have 150% return.

I used the caravans at the trade depot. Take a few stacks, trade just under half to the merchant for some goods, then sell half of each stack they have for half of each stack you have. Buy back some of the half-stacks from them for some goods until you have a ratio in their favor (giving them a profit). Repeat that until you have divided the stacks into small amounts, say 1/8 of the original, then use a macro to select individual coins from each stack you have and trade them for one coin out of each stack the trader has (as long as youre giving them a profit margin of a few coins). Repeat that trade until all the stacks are depleted, then trade some more goods for the individual coins you sold to the traders. now each stack has been reduced to individual coins only, and you can smelt them all down for 50 bars for each one it took to mint the coins. As a bonus, the traders should leave ecstatic, because you made lots and lots of trades where they made a decent profit individually.

You will also be wasting hours of your life staring at a trade screen pressing macro buttons over and over and trying to negotiate the closest to 1:1 trade ratio you possibly can. 7:5 in favor of the trader usually works, but if you have a really good broker you can get much closer.

I didnt actually know leggings or menacing spikes had a return rate on them, that could have saved my fingers some pain...

Also, I never said it, as usual, but I would like to be added to the turn list again, please!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3336 on: June 16, 2023, 03:46:52 pm »

Well, that was quick. I'll start on Friday or Saturday. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do.

If you’re looking for inspiration you could try an adventure as a human or animal person from one of the less-explored human civilisations. We’ve had plenty of people from Omon Obin, Mong Uthros and even the High Confederacies but not much from the others. Some of those civs still have significant ghoul problems!

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3337 on: June 16, 2023, 03:50:24 pm »

Here is the first part of my adventure from a few weeks ago. Under the spoiler there is a short recap of Bralbaard’s history that may be needed for context.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A reflection on history.

Time is subjective. When I started my job as a historian, a century of history felt like an infinite amount of time, filled with stories and secrets waiting to be unearthed.  Back then, I was in awe when I uncovered stories about ancient kings and queens, and battles long forgotten.
That was when I was young, but I am 372 years old now and my views on time and history have changed.

When I look at the historians of today I recognize much from my younger enthusiastic self in them. However when these historians write about what they perceive as “ancient history”,  they write about the time of my childhood. When they write about the great heroes of ages past and gone, they write about people I have known personally, some as friends, some as enemies.
It is therefore often that I have to correct my younger colleagues for mistakes when they go too far in embellishing a story, or when they get a character trait of a historic figure wrong. As a result I have gained a deserved reputation to be old and grumpy. Nevertheless, this work is needed.

A case in point; during one of my journeys in the year 995 I ran into the following statue, and it still angers me: 

My students insist that I should be flattered that the creator of the work saw me as capable of taking down a demon, but to me this work is a travesty, a disgrace.   
In fact just thinking about how wrong the creator of this work has gotten things has convinced me to pick up my pen and paper again. The journey I was on when I discovered this statue has not yet been been written down, and I swear I’ll write it down properly before someone else does and gets it all wrong.

Bralbaard the Beardless

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3338 on: June 16, 2023, 05:52:34 pm »

Brilliant! Superb artwork as always.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3339 on: June 16, 2023, 07:34:20 pm »

I just realized, you drew your PFP, didn't you? I like it.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3340 on: June 16, 2023, 07:57:12 pm »

I really like the art
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3341 on: June 17, 2023, 02:58:59 am »

Thanks! It's part of a larger picture posted earlier in the thread, here. I probably need to do another version of that now that we also have Morül Kan dwarves...
« Last Edit: June 17, 2023, 02:56:21 pm by Bralbaard »

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3342 on: June 17, 2023, 06:56:23 am »

A case in point; during one of my journeys in the year 995 I ran into the following statue, and it still angers me: 

Better not go to Razorbridge lol

Has he become part of a civilization yet?
Also how do you pronounce Bralbaard? I've always said it like Brawl-bArd emphasizing the A

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3343 on: June 17, 2023, 08:21:42 am »

Thanks! It's part of a larger picture posted ealier in the thread, here. I probably need to do another version of that now that we also have Morül Kan dwarves...
Damn, three years ago and still part of the Museum III...

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3344 on: June 17, 2023, 10:04:07 am »

Also how do you pronounce Bralbaard? I've always said it like Brawl-bArd emphasizing the A

That's close, I guess. The A is not only emphasized, but also long.
The name comes from a dwarven NPC from a d&d game I was the DM for at the time. The game was in Dutch, so the name is as well. ' Baard' is Dutch for beard, 'Bral' translates as ' talk bullshit while drunk'
That more or less describes the Npc as well. He was tavern keeper of a boat that had been refurbished into a tavern. Like most dwarves, Bralbaard and the tavern were always firmly anchored to land, but then the player characters came by and it all got out of hand real quick. They ended up sailing the tavern around the world, causing trouble, while Bralbaard was in the hold drinking because he was mortally afraid of the sea.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2023, 10:48:53 am by Bralbaard »
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 263