Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 263

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 409656 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)
« Reply #3375 on: June 20, 2023, 04:12:37 pm »

When a goblin took over the Creamy Confederacy, they started wars with almost everyone else.
It's actually coded into the game for leaders' personality traits to affect foreign policy.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3376 on: June 20, 2023, 04:29:53 pm »

It's quite a shame that the many fascinating events that take place during world gen take a nosedive at the start of the game. To a degree, despite the three or so centuries that have passed over the course of the game, the world in of itself outside of adventurer actions is mostly static.

However it just means we must forge onward and take the world into our own hands. I definitely have an interest in putting an end to some wars. . . Maybe even create a new civilization or two, I believe I know how that can be done. For now I must administer to the Realm of Silver, another flaw is that our citizens will all merely die of old age as marriages/births are few and far between. The new Weatherponder District has dwindled considerably. Nothing to worry about, Omon Obin will have a fertility festival I suppose. Haha.
I've lost control of my life.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3377 on: June 20, 2023, 06:10:42 pm »

You're here to see the exhibits? Welcome, welcome. What's that, the mess outside? Did they throw out useless junk? No, no, I'm afraid those are some of the exhibits, there's been a magic incident you see, recovering the items and putting them in their proper place - or at least inside - would be greatly appreciated. As for me, I'm not part of the staff, my name is Lurker Wogeathis and I'm a human necromancer. I know you've heard the stories, I've heard the stories, from the mad Oddom and Cog to the recluses of Vutok, Bralbaard, Pik & Desli and the list go on, to the... controversial Moldath and Avolition. I've heard how the change affected them, and at first I thought it did not do so for me. I had no wish to rule the world, to turn the living into my puppets or to bring death to the world. Nothing like that. But now I realize it did affect me in a certain matter, my affliction does seem to ask for the blood of at least one creature of each kind, so that my name may enter as many slayer sections as possible. But it's a small matter I'm willing to live with.

Ah, forgive an old soul's rambling - and I am old, reading Bralbaard's latest journal made me realize how distant my time was when Ulosothro was the unquestioned capital of Omon Obin. How times change. As fascinating as my story may seem to you, there's not much to tell, really, as I've told my Museum compatriots time and time again. I do have some scraps of paper detailing this and that lying around if you're that curious, but I'd think you came to see the exhibits. What would a bicentenerial necromancer have to show us, you might ask. Demon remains, skulls, ancient books? The Museum holds all of these, 'tis true, and I've brought some demon remains and some raw gems on my previous turns, but now, I have something you might not expect: goblin wares! You'd be thinking, goblins are just beasts given divine form to mock it, many of them trapped in Hell with the true beasts, somehow surviving and worshiping them until someone digs too deep or divine intervention. Those who know me must know how much I loath the critters. All of these are true, of course. Then, you may consider, that these items are just stolen by the goblins and somehow survived in their horrid condition so that I may have gathered them here for you now.
Spoiler: Submission (click to show/hide)
Well, the answer is surprisingly no. From my research into them, they appear to be of direct goblin provenance. How can I be certain? Why, it's the materials, dear ones. What sapient being would carve draltha, troll or goblin bones? As much as I indeed loathe these creatures, these items had to make their way to the Museum. Can you imagine their history? The things we may learn even from such uncivilized creatures? I've recovered these directly from the pits of the goblin capital of Stozuutong, and don't worry, I slayed some greenskins while I was there. This is the place of Master Egu's death, who would have ruled to this day if not for brave Museum adventurers. Unfortunately, I was only able to explore two or three of those pits, accounting for the temporal distorsions and the army of trolls I made sure to not disturbe. I remember reading once that there are 6000 living trolls in Orid Xem, a truly terrifying number, and I think I found where they're all hiding...

OOC: It's interesting that we were talking about goblins just as I had a goblin submission...
It's quite a shame that the many fascinating events that take place during world gen take a nosedive at the start of the game. To a degree, despite the three or so centuries that have passed over the course of the game, the world in of itself outside of adventurer actions is mostly static.

However it just means we must forge onward and take the world into our own hands. I definitely have an interest in putting an end to some wars. . . Maybe even create a new civilization or two, I believe I know how that can be done. For now I must administer to the Realm of Silver, another flaw is that our citizens will all merely die of old age as marriages/births are few and far between. The new Weatherponder District has dwindled considerably. Nothing to worry about, Omon Obin will have a fertility festival I suppose. Haha.
We're definitely seeing changes, a human capital was taken over by Adilatír as a result of a war with the humans, the elven capital fell AFTER Bralbaard's first turn, there was the Battle of Cemoshtoral, that battle in which Bralbaard was killed etc. There's also the massive High Confederacies immigration into Adilatír hillocks, as I've deduced most humans are from that particular civilization. I wonder how the dwarf-human-elf and even goblin relations will continue to evolve.

As for making new civilizations, be careful. Other than borking the game, which would be obvious, so it's not much of a concern, adding things that particular game file wasn't ready for may result in LV crashing. It happened when Archcrystal modded bookmaking in, and LV stopped working for it.
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3378 on: June 21, 2023, 12:31:33 am »

I'd be very careful of course, I'm well aware of the ripples one measly pebble tossed in the pond might have. I never touch df-hacj without backups and backups of backups. Then extensive testing after.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3379 on: June 21, 2023, 02:41:13 am »

You could try to revive the Matched Hame?

The Page of Tiredness were resurrected by accident but I’ve been unable to replicate it with the other lost dwarves.
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3380 on: June 21, 2023, 06:47:18 am »

I see someone is continuing Dreamypuzzled's genocide of the hands of planegifts from centuries ago. Also, Maloy, I think your writing would flow better if you used more punctuation. Some of those long sentences could use a comma or two.
I appreciate that! I tried to fix it up some now, but I probably missed some spots. Do you have some examples? Definitely wanna improve my form lol

Despite narrator voice being in favor of Miara I'm not trying to portray her in a sympathetic light for sure. Arthur and Maloy failed to address her resentment over the centuries and she is now even willing to leave her family in the middle of a war to pursue this venture

I don't *think* she will successfully genocide the race within the Squeezing Fords, but just in case I stashed some bodies in Makbor for the Wolf Lord's experiments

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3381 on: June 21, 2023, 05:36:57 pm »

I appreciate that! I tried to fix it up some now, but I probably missed some spots. Do you have some examples? Definitely wanna improve my form lol
These abominations had joined her people centuries ago as refugees of a necromancer, and relied on the kindness of the elves, but since then, had only led us astray. Half of the forest retreats were now occupied solely by them. They did not live the traditional way, but believed in a "moderate" approach, using wood from the trees as needed. Even burning it! They did not follow Cacame, but their own human gods, and encouraged the elves to abandon Cacame in droves. The elves had become idle, as our ways, government, and our very spirit was taken from us, but no more! It was time for the huntress to hunt!

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3382 on: June 22, 2023, 07:44:51 am »

Looking through LV I have spotted that Ghoulcreek is now a hive of activity, with scores of human merchants moving there with their yaks.

There are now 65 humans in that tiny camp, alongside a group of QuantumDrop's legendary warrior ghouls/thralls/husks, most of whom are now lords, barons or priests of various religions.

All hell is going to break loose the next time an adventurer stumbles across this site.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3383 on: June 22, 2023, 05:55:46 pm »

Looking through LV I have spotted that Ghoulcreek is now a hive of activity, with scores of human merchants moving there with their yaks.

There are now 65 humans in that tiny camp, alongside a group of QuantumDrop's legendary warrior ghouls/thralls/husks, most of whom are now lords, barons or priests of various religions.

All hell is going to break loose the next time an adventurer stumbles across this site.
The great massacre of Ghoulcreek!
Man I only survived walking through there because the one trying to kill me saw a badger or something and ran off lol

These abominations had joined her people centuries ago as refugees of a necromancer, and relied on the kindness of the elves, but since then, had only led us astray. Half of the forest retreats were now occupied solely by them. They did not live the traditional way, but believed in a "moderate" approach, using wood from the trees as needed. Even burning it! They did not follow Cacame, but their own human gods, and encouraged the elves to abandon Cacame in droves. The elves had become idle, as our ways, government, and our very spirit was taken from us, but no more! It was time for the huntress to hunt!

Thank you! I'll go ahead and put that edit in and that's good for me to learn from for the future!

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3384 on: June 22, 2023, 06:48:23 pm »

The great massacre of Ghoulcreek!
Man I only survived walking through there because the one trying to kill me saw a badger or something and ran off lol

It depends how QD feels about his murderous undead horde but cleansing Ghoulcreek sounds like a kick ass adventure for a suitably hardened individual. I loaded it up and it’s just instant anarchy with loads of crabs, otters and yaks being chopped up by the ghouls and the terrified merchants facing similar fates.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3385 on: June 23, 2023, 05:36:52 am »

It depends how QD feels about his murderous undead horde but cleansing Ghoulcreek sounds like a kick ass adventure for a suitably hardened individual. I loaded it up and it’s just instant anarchy with loads of crabs, otters and yaks being chopped up by the ghouls and the terrified merchants facing similar fates.
I'm fine with people trying to cleanse Ghoulcreek after my next turn; that should let me wrap up the current plot related to the characters I have there (which I still need to write up, lol). It sounds like it'd definitely be a hell of a show, having someone try and fight through there.

Surprised that it's so lively, TBH; never expected that my thrall storage camp would end up becoming populated like that.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 07:42:47 am by Quantum Drop »
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3386 on: June 23, 2023, 08:20:34 am »

I'm fine with people trying to cleanse Ghoulcreek after my next turn; that should let me wrap up the current plot related to the characters I have there (which I still need to write up, lol). It sounds like it'd definitely be a hell of a show, having someone try and fight through there.

Surprised that it's so lively, TBH; never expected that my thrall storage camp would end up becoming populated like that.
It reminds me of Bralbaard's camp which also saw a surge of migrants for no particular reason. It's curious how some camps get migrants and some don't. Ah man, I can imagine the tragedy lore-wise. Here are these hopefuls who learned of a populated place and for some reason decided to move in. They join and their neighbors, secretly thralls, seem friendly enough. They live in harmony for years, decades until one day or night when some random traveler (or some infamous one) wonders a little too close to their camp. Then their neighbours turn into horrifying, bloodthirsty monsters who are set to kill them. Really sad.

P.S. Bralbaard, can you link my lore post to my turn? Thanks.
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3387 on: June 23, 2023, 08:53:23 am »

I'm picturing:

1. Attempting a go with Arthur's new squad of legendary elven and WU fighters
2. Throwing a legendary squad of Warriors of Udir at them to see who wins
 More than likely both end in terrible failure lol

In  reality I think we should just make it even worse maybe throw in a few more thralls and make this an avengers endgame level of mash up with all of us having to take this threat on

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3388 on: June 23, 2023, 12:18:22 pm »

Of note as a human fortress; Not only are about a quarter of Human migrants Blighted Thralls, about half of which are only lower bodies which Lurker has also confirmed, but on occasional migrant waves I'm getting crashes, I have to load the game a few times through the waves (or delete the migrant event with dfhack before it comes), in order to get a wave that doesn't crash, or none at all in the latter remedy. Regardless there's probably a particular corrupt unit that migrates If I had to guess, something to be mindful about I suppose.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3389 on: June 23, 2023, 03:42:25 pm »

Sounds like we need another good old thrall cleansing of the human lands!
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 263