Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 263

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 409908 times)

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)
« Reply #3600 on: September 06, 2023, 03:12:51 pm »

Is there an updated list of all the submissions thus far?

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: September 06, 2023, 05:08:56 pm »

Bralbaard updates this list regularly.
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3602 on: September 07, 2023, 03:36:26 pm »

He was a fun character to design' but playing PHM is bloody hard.
It does sound like you have been playing on Hard Mode...

On the subject of hard mode characters. Here is the first part of the misadventures of my gremlin adventurer, Awi Priestnails. The gremlin language used is of course from Dikbutdagrate's gremlin language file, I apologize for any mispronunciations!

---------------------------
The Gremlin's Journey, Part 1

It has called me.
The voice from the deep has visited me in my dreams.
It still echoes in my head, hours after waking.
wavsla spaz-spoo'lab has come
wavsla spaz-spoo'lab.... “The time to vanish”

This changes everything.
The time to vanish.. The humans still remember the time of our appearance,  in the ninth century. Hundreds of us where there had been none before. The surface dwellers never figured out where we came from.
They will be similarly clueless when we will suddenly disappear.
Now that I think about it, While the humans sometimes laughed about our jokes, they never realy understood them either!

We had a good time here in Orid Xem. “Wavsla guz Pitikiem” A time for comedy and laughter. My three phantom spider pets have been the best companions for making jokes. I still remember how the dwarven baroness ended up falling in the temple pool after getting a jump scare from one of my spiders! Those were good times, but now these times must end. 

Like all gremlins will in the end,  I have been called to Sodor-Ngug , the gremlin name for Deephalls and what lies beyond. I’ve packed all my belongings and today we will leave. Sug Skinnyrewards, another gremlin, will join me on my journey.

First, we stopped by at the museum, the place where Sug worked. I’ve often asked her what her job was, and today she finally told me. Her job is being part of a museum submission, submission 43.
Her job sounds like a joke, but she was very serious about it, and was anxious about leaving. So we left something behind to make Sug feel less bad. First I tried to leave behind Ugo, one of the phantom spiders, but when we were a few urists from the museum I nearly jumped three feet in the sky when I found it sitting on my right shoulder again! Three feet is really high for a gremlin.
I have no idea how she got there so quickly. Phantom Spider are very good at this. It was clear it was a mistake to leave her behind.

We ended up submitting a fluffy wambler leather pouch as a submission instead.

Then we started the journey for real.  The journey to Sodor-Ngug would take many weeks, but we decided on some detours that would make it even longer, as we could not leave the world behind without seeing some of it's greatest sights. We decided the first stop would be Tello-Ngug-St”rngut-onk, Crownhall the City of Stone.

This was a great mistake.

There was something unnatural when we approached the castle, or maybe it is better to describe it as... too natural.

Dozens, no,  hundreds of wild animals roamed the surface near the castle. Peregrine falcons and  swarms of keas swooped from the sky, while massive herds of yaks and mountain goats roamed the surface in uncountable numbers, luckily none were aggressive to us. The surface was littered with the corpses of hundreds of dead animals. Had these beasts come here to die? What was this place?

Then suddenly it ambushed us! A dwarven dark one. It made an arcane gesture, and a dark myst envelloped us. I could barely see the tip of my own nose but I could hear the panicked cries of the cattle and animals through the fog. 
I tried to hide and crawl away from the evil magician. It worked, but poor Sug was not so lucky. I heard a few desperate cries for help and then the sounds of snapping bones. In terror I ran through the fog, nearly got trampled by animals that randomly appeared out of the fog, only to run straight past me. Finally I made it to the entrance of the fort.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As soon as I entered, the fog was gone. Where the surface had been a chaotic mess of bleating and screaming animals, it was by comparison eerily quiet down here. I discovered I had not truly entered the fortress yet. There was a deep and massive precipice here. The floor of the chasm, deep below, was covered with endless rows of metal spears and weapons. Several ledges and bridges passed over this chasm to the proper entrance of the fortress, on the far end of the chasm. I expected they were trapped, like the chasm floor below.

A gremlin though, is not afraid of traps.
Chauh'ngky-Dub-Rukku-“St!
Fear is for the large, the small are brave!
Or so I told myself. My legs still quivered from the horrible experiences on the surface above.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2023, 03:49:07 pm by Bralbaard »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: September 07, 2023, 03:59:21 pm »

very cool art as usual

Yarlig

• Bay Watcher
  • High Master Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: September 07, 2023, 04:20:57 pm »

Great (not so much for Sug) first entry' this one. It's nice to get some gremlin lore. Very evocative artwork' too!

Here is the save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14eh0Nhte0XLkhaW6GeqOFvv7vLzkwZsQ/view?usp=sharing

Sorry for the delay at the end' I didn't do much of what I originally set out to do but at least I managed to wrap it up somewhat. After an early scare I did my best to avoid dangerous situations' rather successfully. Muthkat survived his journey' actually none the worse for wear' and retired in Diptramples' just next door to the Museum. Four of his nine beak dogs survived too' but they disappeared near the end.

Fortresses visited:
  • Mosshill the Mines of Iron
  • Thiefguild
  • Free the Eggs
  • Stasismanors (surface only)
  • Watchfulpalace

Also' plump helmet men can't pet animals' which is just sad.

Also also' please sign me up for another turn!

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: September 07, 2023, 05:50:24 pm »

I shall pick this up tomorrow after work. Looking forward to seeing what the current state of the world is.
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
  • Necromancy Cultist, Any and All Pronouns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3606 on: September 07, 2023, 07:23:38 pm »

Oh yeah, add me to the list again too!
Don't think Bralbaard has noticed this but Eric also asked to be added back to the turn list again too, just thought to make sure he was aware
GLORY UPON THE LORDS OF DEATH, PRAISE NECROMANCY!!

Zed Apocalypse Undead Infection Mini Mod
Civs+ Mod

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3607 on: September 13, 2023, 05:23:27 am »

Quick one, with my current turn had someone turn intelligent undead and now dispute having super strength they are unable to wear a sock without being over encumbered and slowed. Anyone know why this is or what caused it and if it can be fixed. Tested by removing it and the second I wasn't an intelligent undead. I was able to carry my gear again.

Drunken scholar

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3608 on: September 13, 2023, 04:55:59 pm »

Must have reached the critical maximum in strength where it wraps around to basically counting as zero. That bug's been around for a long, long time actually.

You're over-leveled :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3609 on: September 13, 2023, 05:11:04 pm »

Ah that was it, just set myself to Abysmal strength and it fixed

Drunken scholar

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3610 on: September 15, 2023, 08:34:12 am »

How's it going Avo? Think you will be finished this weekend?
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: September 15, 2023, 06:49:43 pm »

Arch-bard Bralbaard, that was extremely cool seeing the language get some much needed use, after collecting so much dust. Hopefully some of the longer more elaborate strings show up in future write ups if you decide to keep using it.

Chauh'ngky-Dub-Rukku-“St!
Fear is for the large, the small are brave!

I saw Chauh'ngky and I was nearly certain that specifically meant "big." And it does, apparently. But it also means large! Ha, I forgot they're exactly the same, which was intentional. Its a thing not at all dissimilar to the Roman use of the word "barbariae", which served as a gross simplification for peoples and cultures foreign to them. However in the case of the gremlins, to the analytical and discerning gremlins, mind you, the word can be used to signify an increased scope of importance surrounding a particular creature of historical note, but far more often is used in day to day speech as a pejorative label, snickered by grimacing, razor-mouthed, bobbing-head menace, to signify that an observed creature, or object, is not only large, but also probably "stinky", hence why they grimace or smile while saying it.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum III: Adventure mode succession game
« Reply #3612 on: September 15, 2023, 11:37:01 pm »

Here is the save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SYNoUrSgr8LQjnJhSYJueJC3b1c6SoJ2/view?usp=sharing

My submission

71: The Corpse of Nguslu Thiefwarned The cowardly leader of The Most Sin was found hiding in the woods. His extremely mangled corpse now stands before you(Submitted by AvolitionBrit)

Drunken scholar

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3613 on: September 16, 2023, 02:15:27 pm »

I've downloaded the save.

Seems that you've been busy. 14,000 goblin kills?
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
  • Necromancy Cultist, Any and All Pronouns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: September 16, 2023, 05:18:30 pm »

I've downloaded the save.

Seems that you've been busy. 14,000 goblin kills?
seems like Avolition has been on a goblin slaughtering spree..
GLORY UPON THE LORDS OF DEATH, PRAISE NECROMANCY!!

Zed Apocalypse Undead Infection Mini Mod
Civs+ Mod
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 263