Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 263

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 409386 times)

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)
« Reply #3675 on: October 29, 2023, 06:36:51 pm »

A true monster, loved this

It is indeed. For those that may not have all the storylines fresh at hand, that monstrosity is QD's character. Dikbutdagrate messed her up pretty badly. 
The whole site is proper halloween stuff.

My death was the most stupid one so far, even beating my kobold adventurer who somehow managed to kill himself in an atom smasher in Sealsabres.
I was trying to get out the tower and could not find a proper door, (I could not even remember how I got it in except it was through some crack a few levels up and not a proper door)
Anyhow I made it to the outside of the tower and it looked like this.

I figured that indicated there was solid ground on the level below, so I just jumped out, but it means there is a structure on the level *above* so I fell down several levels instead, and that was the end for the poor gremlin. I guess playing the graphical version has messed me up and I can't read proper ascii anymore.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2023, 06:39:07 pm by Bralbaard »

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3676 on: October 30, 2023, 04:31:44 am »

I can only imagine how freaky the fort that was lost to time was. Great artwork as always!
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3677 on: November 04, 2023, 04:12:16 pm »

Hows the turn going?
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3678 on: November 05, 2023, 02:20:15 pm »

Hows the turn going?

Indeed - it's been two weeks since Maloy uploaded the last save and I'm not even sure if someone is actually playing a turn?

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: November 05, 2023, 04:12:17 pm »

So it should have been Dikbutdagrate, after that Bralbaard then to Wonderpsycho

seeing that Dikbutdagrate hasnt posted since the 13th they probably havn't realised its their turn so I assume its Bralbaard up next.

Drunken scholar

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3680 on: November 05, 2023, 06:29:49 pm »

seeing that Dikbutdagrate hasnt posted since the 13th they probably havn't realised its their turn so I assume its Bralbaard up next.

Hehe, yes. That would be accurate.

I'll download the save.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: November 05, 2023, 06:46:27 pm »

Hehe, yes. That would be accurate.

I'll download the save.
Ayyy glad we got things back on track. Best of luck on your turn!

Drunken scholar

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: November 05, 2023, 11:01:48 pm »

And that was the end of Awi.

(Dikbutdagrate, you may notice there is a gremlin corpse under the tower, also there is a human wandering about with no idea where he is and what he is there for, feel free to do with them as you please)

I love the art! Although I'd lean toward this being more of a interpretation of the creature, as there were two more pages of body descriptions.
This included a wheelbarrow that was sewn into the creature as a form of armor/covering. As I couldn't get a windmill to work, sadly.
And some giant octopus arms and giant crab pincers. And yes, I will admit the design is a bit "busy", but overall I'm satisfied with it.

Still love and appreciate the art though, totally made my day.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm glad you appreciated the entrance design. Black cap doors are pretty magical, and highly underrated. All of the madness inducing designs are only half-baked at the moment, but causing accidental death to players attempting to escape the main tower was initially part of the plan.

With the turn I'm going to be taking this week, I want to finally construct some of what I've been chewing on for the past month+. I have graph paper, which features tile by tile blueprints for what I want to do. A lot of it has to be done tile by tile in advfort, and its a lot of chiseling. I'm hoping to have at least a day to explore the world-map, and stumble onto more weird shit. Like that Lawgiver of that one human civ, and his wife, that I found eating a deer in some ravine in the woods, after having been evidently turned into some variety of feral rotten ghoul.

And 10-4 on the gremlin corpse and lone wanderer. I will make very our new guest very comfortable.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2023, 11:22:48 pm by dikbutdagrate »

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3683 on: November 06, 2023, 01:58:20 am »

I only saw the first page! (And apparently only 1/10th of the madness) I' ll see if I can make a more accurate version 😁

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3684 on: November 06, 2023, 05:50:17 am »

Kill the monstrosity, kill it with fire!

I have no idea what QD intends to do with that inhuman mass of writhing flesh, but between that and the scores of ghouls in Ghoulcreek, there's still plenty madness to give unwary players a very hard time in this world.

Good luck on your turn, Dikbutdagrate, you insane genius.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: November 06, 2023, 02:12:22 pm »

Ooooh, you're using the suturing code to "graft" stuff together. Now I understand what the madness was about.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: November 06, 2023, 06:29:56 pm »

Alright, I'm blind. Someone please inform me as to how I return the ASCII back to its default.

Clay loam is apparently made out of angels right now.

I can't "see" anything.

Edit: Do I just paste the default soil and grass raws overtop of the current files in the save?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 07:09:21 pm by dikbutdagrate »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: November 06, 2023, 11:32:40 pm »

That's what I do, and I think theres a folder in the save for that purpose.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3688 on: November 07, 2023, 12:03:23 pm »

Ooooh, you're using the suturing code to "graft" stuff together. Now I understand what the madness was about.

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3689 on: November 12, 2023, 06:46:17 pm »

Alright, my turns over. Here is the link for the save (this time I remembered to toggle the access permissions)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZrGwFUnpRijmCpyNb_VTXNjkxKlENXNs/view?usp=sharing

Not too much happened, I don't think. I didn't quite the have the energy that I was hoping to have going into this turn.

We started the preliminary construction of a massive hyper object, a wall, to be precise, which will stretch from the "Moral Chartreuse Finger" - Mountains, in the West, all the way across the entire "Jungle of Harvesters", and finally terminate upon its arrival at the "The Peaceful Waters" - Ocean in the East.

This will serve as a bulwark between Honeyhammer and the swarms of the horrible mountain gnome recruits which keep showing up at my door.

Lets see here... I worked on some minor improvements to Honeyhammer, which feature smoke machines, which rely on awful garbage poetry composed by yours truly. (This works since unique literary works count as artifacts, can be mass produced, and can be made out of materials which are combustible)

We had a lot of "fun" happen at one of the wall construction sites. Fun was predominantly vampire based. For some reason, we were unable to arrest the human trade guild representative who showed up, was a vampire, and also I believe someone's character. So we took care of em' - Castlevania style. And by that I mean via relentless brute force, countless losses, and a pile death. Just to slay ourselves a single Dracula.

I think there's also another vampire that showed up, I didn't know they were a vampire though, or someone's character, since they were using an alias. But they were pretty beat up upon their arrival at the fort, so I just named them "hurt." And I think the nickname is stuck onto that character now. Anyway, I checked their legends log, and something like 20 adventures have apparently drank this dude's blood to become vampires. I almost feel bad, lol. I believe they're currently too injured to even pose a threat to anyone, let alone actually drink anyone's blood. They're just a cursed blood bucket that the world keeps around, in order to keep making more vampires.

We also produced a extremely notable artifact at one of the forts, which I have actually seen fit to donate to Boltspumpkin.
Feel free to try it on next time you visit Boltspumpkin.

I fought a mooseman necromancer, and I was soundly defeated. But I managed to take one of their hooves with me. I'll have my revenge in due time.
But that battle cost me my tongue and the boars head that I had surgically grafted onto me, which suddenly sprung to life during the battle.

Oh, and I did some exploring on my turn. I found a site that appears to crash upon loading it. Not sure if this one was pointed out already or not.
Its this one:

Edit:
Typo correction
« Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 09:37:23 pm by dikbutdagrate »
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 263