Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 263

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 409680 times)

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
  • Necromancy Cultist, Any and All Pronouns
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)
« Reply #3705 on: November 23, 2023, 11:14:04 pm »

thanks, also back home, gonna try and do some of my turn tonight with the time I have and such and then just relax the rest of the night
GLORY UPON THE LORDS OF DEATH, PRAISE NECROMANCY!!

Zed Apocalypse Undead Infection Mini Mod
Civs+ Mod

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3706 on: November 24, 2023, 03:08:18 pm »

another day, another time to play my turn and hopefully finish it up, or who knows how this will go, let's see where the adventuring party of mine will wind up now

Civs+ Mod

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3707 on: November 24, 2023, 09:09:22 pm »

Arla's Journal

Hello, my name is Arla, I know I am cutting it quick for introductions because who we are as a traveling party of "animal people" (for you outsiders may know us as) doesn't really matter
in the travels we are going on.. Animal people? this journal seems to be written by a animal person, one could imagine what races of animal people these three were..
but to think of it, you've seen a adventuring party of three animal women before, a Lynx, a Coyote, and a Black Bear, could this old journal be related to that
adventuring party you saw in the past??

but since we're cutting introductions quick I'm Arla as you all know from reading the start of this,

I mean hey I don't like putting effort in some stuff I own and other jargon, but it would be a huge damn shame to waste this journal and huge waste
to do nothing with it, but whatever I am not that much of a good writer anyways..

my other partner here is my long time friend Opra (even if she finds friendship to be a bit of a "burden" whatever that means), she is quite experiened with dealing with some dealing with some threats that may rip us apart
during our travels, so she will mostly help us out on defending against whatever Blighted, hostile wildlife and beasts and etc maybe out there on our travels.

and last and not least my friend from Dwarven civilization "The Walled Dye" I think is what that civilization is called? Solon, a great spearswoman
who is quite put off by family but eh, she is also quite the stubborn intellectual (tho she tends to consider some ideas), though I feel that sort of closed minded stubborness may have come from the fact
she have been living in a dwarven fortress in the icey tundras for quite a while, having to deal with and I quote "a few ignorant dwarves" when it comes to intellectuality
but I ain't no nerd like the wide 'yote she is. the fact "Arla" mentions "'yote" kind of hints at more evidence it maybe that same adventuring party you saw pass by in your hometown in the past,
but the fact you found this old journal randomly out in a overran blighted hamlet makes you think... what happened to these animal adventurers? and how did the traveling party leader lost her journal?

next pages on the journal are some sketch illustrations that seemed to be sketched in a way of them being copied off of a map of Orid Xem,
each of the locations the sketches illustrate what seems to be the homes of the three travelers, since as stated before Arla said that Solon was originally from a dwarven fortress in the tundras and are most likely that
because of what Arla seemed to have written next that you have not read yet..
As seen in these sketches these are our former homes, I put a emphesis on 'former'
as for the travels we are going on...

we are traveling to nomadically leave this area to possibly maybe live somewhere more safer and as faraway from The Omon Blight as possible, even if it maybe dying down but in other places I've heard..
it has not died down, all I know is that the landscapes near the beaches of Orid Xem is a huge mess thanks to the necromancers and The Omon Blight.. we plan to go where the travels take us to gets as far away from the Blighted Zones as possible
maybe settle down as somewhere more safer away from the Blighted Zones and rest and relax there for the rest of our lives, maybe start a little something of our own.. a new civilization for us indigenous animal peoples to live and aspire our own cultures,
make trades with the humans and dwarves, not sure about the elves as much as I feel..

those elves really kind of act like a cult of nature then really even actually caring for the ecosystem, indoctrinating our peoples to join their cult to
slaughter those who "hate nature" but i don't know if any of us should even trust those elves, even tho they maybe much smaller now with their settlements
being mainly in The Blighted Zones, hopefully I will get my dream of a civilization for our united peoples one day in Orid Xem.. or if not atleast I died trying and my beliefs are left out in the open for any to read to try and get this goal accomplished..

As I stand here at the human castle that I guess I have been living at a bit for now for safety away from the blighted, with my companions now here after
having travels for miles to reach me at this castle here... it's now time to travel, and find or make a new home for ourselves that's far away from the undead beasts of The Blighted Zones!

Also should note me and my companions aren't the only ones traveling here, I brought with my cat "Linx" all while Solon brought her two huskies, a female hunting dog named "Id" and a normal non-trained male husky dog companion named "Stodir"

and it seems the human engraver Setduk seems to be moving to check out something or going somewhere I'm not sure, while I may have noticed them moving there, I also realized I originally didn't notice the gem cutter Zulur being next to us..

I'll ask some stuff over to them later, I wanna talk to Setduk first..

so much for considering friendship to be a "burden"

after some chattering between Solon and Opra, Opra then started petting my cat, yeah yeah I know you like my cat Opra but ok

while the other two just well.. chattering around like they are, my cat then head-bumps my feline legs, what is it Linx? what attention do you want..?

Tried asking Linx how he was doing but he just continues to head bump into me, Linx you silly little feline, I know you want to play but I don't want to play with you right now, I wanna speak to a human resident.

while Solon and Opra are chatting about... whatever they are talking about (something scary or something? I don't know) I greet myself to Setduk beginning my conversation with them..

as soon as I ask Setduk how they were feeling today, they started looking a bit somber I believe in their facial expression and just said to me "I don't understand why they have to be that way.." and started walking away to somewhere else..?
is he even ok? actually I shouldn't be surprised since all of the blighted thrall chaos that has been happening in Omon Obin and some parts or half of The Empire of Peeks (my home civilzation)... I am not done chatting with them tho.. I want some directions and to learn about any troubles that maybe near the area that we may need to watch out for while we travel..

Unfortunately I wasn't able to catch up with him and I sort of lost him as he went to somewhere else into the castle, seems he really did not want to talk at all.

So I decided to ask the cook at this castle if they know anything about the troubles and directions..

according to the cook, in the area they got criminals, bandits, armies on the march, beasts and a missing treasure.. of course things in The Empire have been quite a mess and have been going down the shitter..
so I should be aware of where these things (except for the treasure which is really just a treasure that was stolen from the empire rather then a danger to avoid) maybe so me and my friends could avoid said dangers...

right after telling me about the armies, the cook ran off to somewhere else, by the Gods, it's like no one wants to really talk here and everyone seems to maybe be a bit hugely busy to keep the castle running and safe considering alot of things happening in The Empire, I also heard some commotion of a surgeon
in the castle has gone enraged as well so... I guess we should get to leaving here sooner maybe..

and so I decided to ask for directions for example a necromancer tower like Massiveshoot for us to avoid, we got some details from a random castle resident on where it is, so good to know to avoid and such, but since everyone here seems to be super busy, we should go ahead and get going right now.. or else whatever surgeon that went mad here, starts causing a massive
ruckus and might get us or something

with all of that castle exploring over... we do not know what happened to Solon's other husky Stotir, all we know is that dog have gotten lost in the castle while we were chatting with people, and exploring the castle a bit before we leave, so now we only have my cat Linx and
Solon's hunting husky Id now, quite shame we already lost one of our pets but simply getting them lost at castle we met up at..

anyways right now, we decided to go check into town at The Combat of Matches before we get started into leaving and start heading south to more mountainous lands away from The Blighted Zones.

this place seems quiet... too quiet..

It seems like the town hall of this empire town seems to be abandoned... like maybe the population here decided to evacuate right during when the omon blight chaos was at it's reach and was going crazy all over the place as it crossed over into The Empire of Peeks..
the inside of thise place was dusty and old, we can go and take what we can get in here and just get into heading south anyways, this town has no one who maybe still living here..

checking out what loot maybe here, there is no food or drink, only loot we could find is armor, clothing adn weapons, in that case, some silver armor and silver weapons, I decided to take a silver battleaxe from here cause I though the weapon could come in handy probably, maybe should also get that
other silver battleaxe as well.

looking around here I noticed this place has a little closed hatch on the floor... and me being the smart to know this... I do not want to go down that hatch to see whatever horrors may still lurk down there..
really do not want to end up like one of those horror literature protagonists who decided to check out a dark and creepy dungeon or basement inside a house or abandoned building they are checking out only to get eviserated by whatever lurks down there..

and with that we are now leaving down to the south, to finally get away as far away from the blight as we can, and like I said earlier, I decided to take the silver great axe that I mistook for a another silver battleaxe, with me too, just for safe keeping... now let's leave this weird ghost town..

TO THE SOUTH WE GO!!!

We decided to take a small pit stop at another hamlet's town hall, aptly named "The Lavender Coasts" hopefully this place is still active and in order and doesn't have any blighted roaming the halls there.. and maybe there's some more supplies we can get there if it's abandoned and no one's there
or something like that, or if there are people there..

On other news Opra and Solon sort of got in a bit of a argument, while I was mainly sort of distracted on getting us traveling down to the south, I wanna ask how those two are feeling
right now..

So after chatting with Solon and Opra, Opra feels quite alright as she told me despite feeling quite insulted by the argument she had with Solon, Solon on the other hand,
seems quite glum and sad about it.. thought both have been enjoying the adventure so far, but I hope Solon feels better later, well.. actually I went ahead on wanting to help Solon feel better since she seems a bit upset about the argument she had with Opra

It seems she was already calm, but assumed I seemed stressed myself with my response... aaaghh!! I suck trying to tell stress and wanting to help people! damn my poor understanding!

out of myself on wanting to calm myself down on my low self-esteem I chose to comment on the weather to Opra, but she was too busy petting Linx, and did not reply I did not mean to make this convo more awkward I guess then it was earlier but here we are..

anyways let's hope there's some people in this town hall, though it seems to be be just as quiet as the last hamlet, so I got no high hopes for finding others here, like maybe some others we could probably get to
go along with us on our journey or whatever but whatever, let's hope there maybe some valuables here maybe..

Just as I expected empty like the last one.. welp let's check out some loot.

no loot that we need, there was only more armor, clothing and some weapons again, but i already have enough weapons, I feel like we need some more food drink and healing potions maybe to bring with us on our long travels hopefully, let's check main town.. hopefully we find no blighted there..

As we started heading to the main residence, I started to get a little hungry and thristy so I decided we should stop for a bit before we got into the main residence, and I decided to take some drinks and enjoy some food I have with me
to keep myself sated..

so after drinking some water from my waterskin and eating up a nice prepared giant bluejay spleen meal, we finally walked into the ruined residences.. I hope to find some more supplies for us in here..

After checking and checking... yeah, this place is emptied out of any and all stuff that was there.. I do remember hearing about a thrall outbreak happening here that was so bad many residents here were ripped apart and torn to shreds by the Blighted..
thanks to witness accounts and survivor accounts.. well looking here it seems either all of the supplies the residents had here were taken during evacuation and maybe some remaining supplies here was all
taken by stragglers most likely.. forget this place, let's continue south

As we traveled more it began to get dark in the wilderness, so we decided to camp out, and setup a campfire so we can chat for a bit, and rest and sleep here for the night..

It seems like Solon and Opra are really not getting along very well.. well I feel Opra with her whole attitude of friendship being a "burdon" is really sort of the one starting this kind of so...
I am gonna attempt to try and calm things more again..

I swear to Armok... I just.. can't understand why these two are arguing! I swear this journey is gonna be my death bed if not by the blighted apocalypse!!

I argued a bit with Opra over the values of loyalty and friendship and friendship struck a nerve with her, it was frustrating I'll be honest but ughhh.. moving on to the next topic of the value of cooperation, and then after that I am gonna just be done and chat with Solon
before knocking myself out on bed..

As we cut the arguing and went to chat over about a different subject about a beast out on it's bloodlust on.. one of our civilizations, I expressed how it was sad, but no unexpected.. as we have been living in this mess of a world for a long while,

and as many should know this world is messed up, cause that's just how reality is... may look kind of nice on the surface but things can get very very grim the more deep you look into it, after this chatting about this subject I would then confront Opra about
the value of cooperation, in which FINALLY I found something she and I both agree on...

thankfully she understands that we of course need to cooperate, and with that I remind her that it's best not to put straws between all of us so we can cooperate with each
other in-order to survive the travels hopefully..

I then decide to finally move over to conversating with Solon, and she... still seems to be upset about her constant bickering with Opra, and now seemed
to have falsely assumed I was gonna change her mind as well, even though I was arguing against Opra on the side of her.., this is.. obviously a misunderstanding... but she doesn't realize it... how about some chit-chat with her about the surroundings of the area we are at
to keep her mind off of it? I am curious on what threats maybe roaming around here anyways...

we talked on and on about what things maybe roaming around in these parts and such, many things really of course from criminal organizations to bandit gangs to skulking vermin and etc, I commented about how it is kind of terrifying knowing some of this stuff, and
Solon was just casual about it, while at it I tried to joke around to help lighten things up for her but she didn't reallu respond to that very well.. not that very big of a fan of jokes I guess

...so I decide to talk about some other things with her to get to know my friend better, while Linx was still head-bumping me

interesting to know Solon was a orphan, kind of sad to hear and I did not want to push more into that as I am sure she probably doesn't like to talk about it, anyways at that moment I felt beyond exhausted and needed to sleep, so then I got myself comfy and got into sleeping next to the campfire along with Opra and Solon..

it was... now the next morning.. awake at dawn.. as we intended, time to go back to traveling down south again!

and by the gods... I am hungry and thirsty for something... time to eat some nice prepared bluejay spleen and drink some water to sate my hunger and thirst before we go!

on the other hand I have appeared to have woken up... stunned..? probably cause of how damn hungry I was when I woke up but damn... let's just.. stretch a bit..

able to stand up, but still feeling these stun cramps all over me aah!, hope it goes away soon, hope I am not poisoned, Opra and Solon are just as confused a bit as I am but whatever this isn't gonna stop me!

off we go on our trail to the south!

hungry and thirsty again? what's gotten into me?

And so we have arrived at The Butcher of Stakes.. let's see what we can find here..

huh.. some noise..? is this hamlet not abandoned or overunned? well I hope so.. let's see who's inside here..

well... fuck, yeah nope going here was a bad idea! we either fight and run or die or get infected.. and I ain't risking this tomfoolery!

Jumped as quickly as I could, and drew the two battle axes I have in hand to get ready to defend myself, my companions and our pets

Dodgey fella aren't ye..? well we're gonna chop you up into little undead meat slices!!

ANOTHER DODGE? what is this thing? the undead coward..?! also you tell 'em Solon!

Poor Id was wounded by the undead blighted freak... atleast Solon was able to get a jab by stabbing them through the lower body with her spear and firmly lodging it.. Opra and I should be able to get a chance to bring a end to this blighted one!

HAHA, YEAH LINX!!

NOOO LINX!!, NO ONE EVER HARMS MY LINX LIKE THAT!!

after awhile of use trying to rip this thing to shreds, it hopped ontop of me!, oh you're gonna get cut to shreds cause you're messing with the wrong lady right here you fuck! if you even have ears!

AAGGGHH, AHHH FUCK, YOU'RE NOT KILLING ME!!!

dear Armok!

LINX!!! fucking gods... they killed my LINX, stab that undead beast to death!!!

I am gonna cut your stupid head off-

the writing seems to be now nothing but scribbles and blankness, one must imagine that... Arla here must have gotten ripped apart by a singler blighted thrall... probably a tough one too..

it's a shame that her goal of making a great civilization for her kind and other indigionous kind like herself was never achieved, infact, her and her companions chances of traveling to the south for safety
were twarted by one possibly really strong thrall that ripped them all to shreds....

Save:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HzZORqUwWxEuxefZDe1m_moK_ZkLHkKY/view?usp=sharing

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Civs+ Mod

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3708 on: November 24, 2023, 09:10:51 pm »

Yep.. and my turn is done here, just confirming again for those who may have not read the spoiler text in the last reply

Civs+ Mod

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3709 on: November 25, 2023, 09:12:22 am »

an average blight encounter

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3710 on: November 26, 2023, 04:44:54 am »

A short and tragic tale. Never underestimate the Blight!

Good luck on your turn, Eric.
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3711 on: November 26, 2023, 06:31:01 pm »

Im downloading the save now.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3712 on: November 27, 2023, 04:42:29 pm »

good luck Eric

Civs+ Mod

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3713 on: November 28, 2023, 09:56:17 pm »

Spoiler: Four Curses (click to show/hide)

So, uh, I've been having some fun. We're only just beginning, however.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3714 on: November 29, 2023, 03:22:03 am »

Oh my…. Ala save us!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3715 on: December 03, 2023, 01:19:54 am »

Spoiler: Four Curses, Part II (click to show/hide)

I'm done with my adventuring, once I get this pile of junk to the new fortress site. I had to put down Vanod and Ingish, and those other two that were in the castle first, and start a new courier adventurer, because anytime they were in LOS to any other creatures, the game would slow to a crawl to the point of being unplayable. Can't tell you how unbearably painful it was just to march into that castle and put everything on a pedestal, but once there was only Ingish left (She had most of the bags) the FPS was actually playable enough I could do it. Also, apparently undead disappear in a puff of smoke when you use the exterminate command. Canonically, they got smote by an angry god.

Ive confirmed whatever issue with FPS I was getting was exclusively related to those two after my adventures. Any other adventurer, including new or unretired ones, in the present save or the one I downloaded, are unaffected, and it doesn't seem to be affecting the save in any other visible way. I burned Vanod's body just to prevent him from being resurrected and causing the issue further. I still have no idea the actual source of the issue, my assumption is the game was trying to make too many relationship/"friend or foe" checks, maybe related to the shear number of people they had spoken to, interacted with and fought with. It was much worse with Ingish around, which is why, actually, she got left behind way before I was done in the Realms of Silver Region. She then disappeared from where I asked her to wait outside Icefury so I had to retire/unretire to find her again.

Killing lots of people and spreading mayhem was loads of fun, but the game was getting so slow I basically HAD to stop. Couldn't be in line of sight to more than 8-10 people before it slowed to less than one turn per second
I make Spellcrafts!

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3716 on: December 03, 2023, 05:49:55 am »

Sounds like you’ve made the world a very interesting place… scores of new vampires, thralls and were-cats?

Should make it more fun for the next lot of adventurers!

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3717 on: December 04, 2023, 12:55:04 am »

nice work Eric, now the world is not only filled with undead infectious thralls, but filled with werecats and vampires as well

nice story

Civs+ Mod

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3718 on: December 04, 2023, 04:53:14 am »

Dont worry, the vampires at least will only pester you in fort mode.

I'll upload the file in the morning.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2023, 06:36:23 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3719 on: December 04, 2023, 02:30:14 pm »

Ok here's the save

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W7Pc5D4LpNkFu78VZlyIhTinL0KNjyCr/view?usp=drive_link

I could have uploaded it to DFFD if i uploaded it as a 7zip file, but I figure not as many people use 7zip.
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 263