Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 263

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 409984 times)

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)
« Reply #3750 on: December 18, 2023, 02:56:09 pm »

Hopes its going well Kesperan, thanks again for switching turns
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3751 on: December 18, 2023, 05:55:45 pm »

Yeah, I have the save and will make a start tomorrow.

Not sure how much time I will have due to impending Christmas but I will do my best.

I seem to remember it was my turn at Christmas last year too!
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3752 on: December 23, 2023, 08:18:21 am »

Glad to be back from my trip. Hope your turn is going well Kesperan

Drunken scholar

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3753 on: December 23, 2023, 05:38:11 pm »

Progressing well but time will be limited over next few days - would you mind if I handed it over a little touch late?

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3754 on: December 23, 2023, 08:05:19 pm »

Progressing well but time will be limited over next few days - would you mind if I handed it over a little touch late?
Ayyyy, glad to hear the turn is progressing well. Yeah, thats fine.

Drunken scholar

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3755 on: December 28, 2023, 03:14:48 am »

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3756 on: December 29, 2023, 11:07:30 am »

Drunken scholar

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3757 on: December 29, 2023, 11:21:28 am »

Can I be added to the turn list again please?

And Merry Christmas everyone.

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
  • Necromancy Cultist, Any and All Pronouns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3758 on: December 29, 2023, 01:42:37 pm »

merry christmas kesperan
GLORY UPON THE LORDS OF DEATH, PRAISE NECROMANCY!!

Zed Apocalypse Undead Infection Mini Mod
Civs+ Mod

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: December 29, 2023, 03:49:57 pm »

So, I will get started on my writeup as soon as I can but here are a few interesting facts as an appetiser:

1. The new outpost liaison for the Page of Tiredness is a wolverine woman called Isk. She seems to have been tamed at some point, possibly by Eric Blank in Livingdead as there are three other named wolverine people there. She arrived at my fort one day with only a nickname. I drafted her into the military and sent her on a raid of Poisonuttered, where she killed the Master of The Most Sin, and earned the name Isk Treesyrup the Brave Animal. She is my new favourite animal person.

2. The Matched Hame, the last dead dwarven civilisation have returned. This was the main goal of my turn. They have retaken Palacework as The Last Clan and turned it into a functioning fortress. The current seat of government, however, is the previously human town of Pricerings.

3. The new King of The Matched Hame is my adventurer, Ineth Relicheart the Sullen Wave. He can be found chilling out in Pricerings with his nobles.

4. Eric Blank's last hero, Kurel Soothtired, who he used to ransack Icefury and move all their treasure to his new fort, migrated to the Eternal Citadel and was conscripted into the guard. He is now married with a child.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3760 on: December 29, 2023, 03:54:42 pm »

I would also like to be re-added to the list as well

Also yes Isk was one of four Wolverine people that got trapped in cage traps and I attempted to make them citizens as a test. The game doesn't like that, though, so they just hung out in their room refusing to even make acquaintances of one another or anyone else. If there were some way to force them to follow the code that comes with long term residents. Maybe they'll start developing relationships now?

Also surprised Kurel married. I didn't edit them at all, should be asexual like all adventurers...
« Last Edit: December 29, 2023, 03:56:34 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3761 on: December 30, 2023, 05:09:05 am »

So the last of the dwarven houses was resurrected. Sounds like you had an interesting turn  :)

I have labelled Palacework on the map, it is in the crowded area near the lost fortress of Warshrieks.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: January 02, 2024, 07:17:15 am »

Scoot me down to the bottom of the list if you don't mind

life is being life and all that

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: January 02, 2024, 02:41:50 pm »

"Ineth I" - Turn 139

The Return of Dalzatèzum

The siege was not going well.

The mighty walls of Palacework shook and plaster tumbled to the stone floors as the hordes of the unliving battered upon the gates. Ineth shouted to his friends to hold fast. They gripped their spears tightly, cold fear trickling down their necks. The Yellow Syrups had come, lead by the bastard witch Cog Wildnesswork. Scores of dead brothers and sisters had risen to her magicks and now assaulted the few remaining stout defenders. Moaning and grasping as they rent and gnashed at the iron gates.

Suddenly the great gate buckled. Ineth felt a hot white light and knew nothing more.

Ineth Relicheart awoke with a start on a soft bed of grass. The clash of battle still rang in his ears but... this was not Palacework. A grizzly bear rasped at his cheek with a ragged tongue and he leapt to his feet in fright. He had no memory of this place. A great glass pyramid in a heavily wooded valley, the sounds of cheerful industry bursting from the depths. And so many bears! Gradually he got his bearings. Fields of crops and well tended temples, this was a bustling fortress unlike any he remembered. He found a barracks, and helped himself to some arms and armour.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A stout cheerful dwarf approached him, noticing his bewildered expression, and gestured that he follow to speak with the Baron.

Degel Bloodwrath was the Baron of The Eternal Citadel, from a line of infamous warriors and heroes. He was no less imposing as he reclined on his throne, stroking the chin of an enormous cave dragon.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Let me guess... your memory, it does not serve you well?" Degel grinned a warm grin, his mouth ringed by a great double braided moustache.

"My grandfather is known across these lands as the Blind Sadist. A killer, a saviour, a menace? Revered and feared in equal measure. But this fort was born of an idea of his. A place for all dwarven kind, for all citizens of Orid Xem of stout hearts. Do you know the history of the Page of Tiredness? We were gone from this world for so very long. A crazed cult sought to resurrect a death god, and they thought my grandfather was the key. In the end their hopes were dashed. Moldath Mournsaints learned the secrets of this world, and my father slew the drgaon from another realm, but it did not bring forth the deity they sought."

Degel paused. "But the Cult of Dishmab were successful in other ways - they returned Morul Kan from the mists of time."

Ineth looked puzzled. Fragments of his memory were clicking into place.

"I am not of the Page of Tiredness," he whispered, his calloused thumb tracing the emblem of a stylised dwarven warrior on his well crafted, yet ancient, steel breastplate.

"No... you my friend are of the Matched Hame" replied Degel. "The last of the four kingdoms under the earth. And by the power of the Eternal Citadel, you are returned to us. We summoned you through the mists and when you came, we entrusted to your people an artifact sword.  Your trader, Atis Hourtown, clasped the adamantine and became part of the world once more."

The memories coalesced. Great Palacework. The deception of that gambling drunk Cog Wildnesswork. The hordes of zombies tearing at his kin, and then ... nothing.

"What... what do I do now?" Ineth's brow was furrowed.

"Travel this world. Bring the word of the Fourth Kingdom. There are those who would see this firmament burn, snivelling cretins who crave power. Who raise the dead to do their bidding, who curse noble dwarves to howl at the moon in feral rage.  Shall you bring peace. Or bring chaos? You have a choice. You are the first, or the last. Bring life back to the Matched Hame. Travel to the kingdoms of men and elves and tell them of our return."

Degel paused, leaning forward on his great muscles arms.

"All are welcome here, but you are free to leave. You will find elves, humans, even goblins here, safe under our protection. Spread the word to the world. Take this, a gift of angelic metal and show them our kindness."

Ineth was handed a jaguar leather backpack stamped with an iron sigil of nightmares, the sybmol of Morul Kan, containing a number of metal spikes of unparalleled craft. The metal was inky black and seemed to shimmer and move in the candle light. Blisteres appeared and vanished across the blackened menacing surfaces. Finally he was gifted the adamantine sword Rhythmshowers the Pure Crosses, responsible for tethering the lost souls of the Matched Hame to the mortal plane.

The enormous cave dragon snorted as Ineth left the baron's chamber, to begin his quest.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3764 on: January 05, 2024, 11:00:19 pm »

Here is the save, I made the requested fix Lurker.

If the save doesn't work I got the regular one still backed up.

Happy new year. Another year of the museum game, things have changed in Orid Xem. My next write up will be for my previous turn to catch up to this one.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Rxo-nMYX7Cesn4ZqtLTryFin0doPlXgh/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: January 05, 2024, 11:01:51 pm by AvolitionBrit »

Drunken scholar
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 263