Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 263

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 409963 times)

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)
« Reply #3810 on: January 24, 2024, 12:07:03 pm »

@dikbutagrate that's pretty cool! I haven't been up that way yet, but that's also because I fear for half the death traps you guys may have prepared lol

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
  • Necromancy Cultist, Any and All Pronouns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3811 on: January 24, 2024, 03:03:14 pm »

No worries, hope your okay yourself Kesperan

Yeah it's been quite silent from Bralbaard. Hope he is okay
yeah I hope he is ok too, when I checked his profile, it says he was last active Today at a certain time so yeah
GLORY UPON THE LORDS OF DEATH, PRAISE NECROMANCY!!

Zed Apocalypse Undead Infection Mini Mod
Civs+ Mod

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: January 25, 2024, 12:12:33 am »

Here is the save:

Sorry for the delay.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v3efpAyKFcxZ_fjRRs9ABWB6J32Apkp6/view?usp=sharing

Let me know if any issues downloading the file.

I am not sure but I think it's Eric's turn?
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: January 25, 2024, 11:13:18 am »

So the order as far as I'm aware is
Eric Blank
Quantum Drop
Maloy
Avolitionbrit
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3814 on: January 25, 2024, 05:32:27 pm »

I will download and start it tonight when I get home
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: January 26, 2024, 06:42:47 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Things are going well so far. Zar Evenchirped has appeared several times in history, as in several incarnations, Braalbard's last turn being one of them, wherein he is identical to the men I encountered in Incenseordered. How this happened I don't know.

[edit]
I found the instance of Zar Braalbard had recruited. Still on the edge of Honeyhammer, he became High Executioner.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2024, 07:25:45 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: January 26, 2024, 09:14:08 pm »

I spotted a few Zars on my turn - he features in my write up. Will try to get some of it posted this weekend.

There’s about 20 clones of him now. One is a vampire. Reminds me of the kobold from the first Museum…

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: January 26, 2024, 09:34:46 pm »

I did some more digging through the hist fig list when making figurines. There's at least 30 of them, which must include at least a few "new" ones I spoke to. They all have separate birthdays, many of them have died (of old age or violence) or been married. None of the ones ive met had any family, I asked them about it and they only reported themselves.

Its not the exact same bug as was prominent at the time of the first Museum game, because they all shared the same soul IIRC. These guys are all separate historical figures with separate lives, birth dates etc. Some as old as the early 700s, some born in the last 30 years. But all share the same face and name.
I make Spellcrafts!

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: January 26, 2024, 11:30:53 pm »

Its not the exact same bug as was prominent at the time of the first Museum game, because they all shared the same soul IIRC. These guys are all separate historical figures with separate lives, birth dates etc. Some as old as the early 700s, some born in the last 30 years. But all share the same face and name.

'Being John Urist Malkovich.'

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3819 on: January 27, 2024, 08:28:24 am »

I think I remember that Zar in Incenseorder or perhaps there was a second one there too?

I recall finding one dead of old age and I dragged him to an abandoned settlement(which I do to all my dead citizens) and resurrected him

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3820 on: January 27, 2024, 05:56:42 pm »

"Thikut I" - Turn 142

The Journal of Thikut Dyeblade, master armorsmith of The Fortification of Immortality.

28th Galena 1069

I am a dwarf of the Page of Tiredness, an armourer to trade. I am renowed throughout these lands as a crafter of fine shields. Some years back I lived in the mountainhome, The Eternal Citadel, and caught the eye of a strange dwarf - Ineth Relicheart. He and a few of his brethren appeared one day, in the fort, as if from some otherworldly place. He was different, exotic!

Like all dwarves of Morul Kan, I have emerald eyes, dark chestnut hair and peach skin. But Ineth was different - he shaves his beard for a start! He was just so... different to all the other boys! I was smitten. But things didn't work out as I had hoped. The baron tells him he is destined to return an entire civilisation to life, and he decides to become an adequate glassmaker? Lacks ambition, that one. Not me.

The wanderlust kicked in and when I heard of a new fort to the north, in the goblin infested lands of the Knowing Deceiver, how could I resist? I have been an armourer here in the delightfully named Livingdead the Depths of Despair for some years now, having left that feckless oaf of a husband of mine back at The Eternal Citadel.

I came here, to this wild savage place infested with bears and wolverines and skulking goblins. I made an artifact shield of angel metal! They call me a legendary armourer! Every now and then bards and scholars visit, bringing news from the mountainhome, and the dwarven forts of the other clans - the Walled Dye, even those odd folks of The Staff of Kissing. I keep hearing rumours. People whisper "queen consort" - could that unabmitious husband of mine have actually gone and done it?

I bump into the bard, Stukos. He is always travelling the lands and visiting forts to entertain. Perhaps he has some news?

King! My useless husband is king! Well, that changes everything. Perhaps he was not so devoid of courage and spirit as I thought. I must go and find him!

I bump into the small group of odd wolverine people that call this place home. Fel, Ty and Wo. They came in from the wilds, then complained about being naked. Now they sit in bed all day and complain. Perhaps one of them might join me on my adventures? Fel and Ty react with horror at the idea. I suspect Wo could be persuaded. He misses his friend Isk who left a long time ago. He keeps himself apart from the other two, tending to the many bears that the Fortification of Immortality keep here. I will need arms and armour, and a backpack, and provisions! I head to the leather works. Unsurprisingly there is an abundance of polar bear leather and I craft myself a few items to ward off the cold. My plan is to return to the Eternal Citadel, and perhaps find out there where Ineth Relicheart holds court.

I travel down the central staircase and retrieve my shield - a magnificent artwork if I do say so myself... Gorgedwellings the Sweltering Clutch! Ok, it might be pretty basic, but it is perfectly formed!

A couple of other items catch my eye - a masterful steel axe once used to fell the forgotten beast Avithe, who rampaged through Palacework? This would be a fine gift for my husband. And this... Ransackcontrols, a copper earing, on which is an image of Stukos Mournsaints felling a Hollow Hunter.  Perhaps the baron of The Eternal Citadel would like this image of his father's heroism?

I trudge down to the familiar forge halls above the magma sea, and make myself a set of adamantine and blistered metal armour. No point in being a legendary armoursmith if you don't get to benefit from your own craft! I hear a discordant screech from above. I think it is time I made myself scarce and head off on my journey south, to find my husband and, apparently, my destiny.

I first head north to escape this wildnerness of a valley. I encounter a honey badger and wrestle it for a while, before I am ambushed by a giant wolverine. I heft the axe The Primitive Spirit and spill the beasts stinking guts. It runs for a while, and I chase the trail of blood to find its huge corpse. I feast on wolverine meat tonight.

As night falls I stumble across a goblin camp. A sole greenskin resides in a makeshift tent, and quickly loses his head. Here is as good a place as any to sleep tonight.

29th Galena 1069

A short journey westward skirting the mountains to the south leads me to a shrine of some sorts - a great roc nest? I am surprised to find a group of kea men beating seven shades out of a giant wolverine. The place is overrun by yaks and goats, no rocs to be seen. I help the kea people by tearing open the wolverine's guts. It quickly bleeds to death. The kea people have no interest in accompanying me on my journey it seems.

Somewhat north of the abandoned roc lair, I encounter an oddly violent creature - a peregrine falcon man vampire?? He spots me whilst in the midst of dismembering some ravens, spitting out a raven leg as he lunges at me. I take quite a few hits from the unarmed demon-bird before Stibbomubal hits its mark. I now feel like a legendary warrior!

2nd Limestone 1069

I stumble into the abandoned fort of Lashedjade, worryingly close to the massive goblin citadel of Horrornut. I slay a few alligators and stock up on three hundred year old rum. There is a nice stash of emeralds here, and I work them into my adamantine armour. I am impressed by my own craftdwarfship.

3rd Limestone 1069

I head in a general westerly direction. I need to get away from these goblin lands and towards the valley of the High Confederacies. I arrive at a dwarven hillocks, Brushshack, to find it infested with goblins. The drunken idiots brawl amongst the corpses of their fallen brothers. A feel a martial trance come over me. Some hours later, 33 goblins are dead by my hands. I did not know I had that in me. The spirits of my ancestors flowed through me and all I knew was death.

4th Limestone 1069

The abandoned hillocks of Granitehoods is home only to the undead. Three Hollow Zombies are returned to the earth. I continue my journey westward, arriving at Clenchportent in the late afternoon. Inside the mead hall are the ruling cabinet of The High Confederacies alongside some strange creatures I have never encountered before.

One identifies itself as a gremlin, and the small bearded taciturn one was said to be a mountian gnome. The law giver recalled meeting my husband and trading with him - he produced from his pouch a masterfully crafted spike of blistered metal with some degree of wonder. Sadly he does not know the current whereabouts of Ineth.

A short distance north and I am alerted by the dying screams of a gnomish creature. I find a slavering undead human dismembering a mountain gnome recruit. A hollow hunter! The undead monstrosity gets a lucky hit on my arm and my axe clatters to the floor. Gripping it again in my unfavoured hand, I send it into the wight's skull with a satisfying thud.

I travel north to Incenseorder, and arrive as night falls. I ask a friendly necromancer count to stay the evening, and he indicates I should speak with the wolf man Lord Maloy Craftsoars in the central keep.

I find the elderly wolf in his keep. He is badly battered and missing a finger, which I notice is resting on a nearby pedestal. He is thin and wiry and his fur is covered in thick scars. This lord has seen some battles indeed. He wears bismuth bronze armour with the blueberry bush emblem of The Walled Dye, rather than the High Confederacies. How curious? The wolf man says that the necromancer count is known to him, as are many of the dwarves here who he has recruited to cement the dwarven claim to this capital.

Upstairs I find the human that the Lord was talking to - Zar Evenchirped. Its a remarkably common name, as I meet severl identical fellows meandering around the city. (27 of them, all of the North Coven. Some alive, some dead, some vampires, some undead...)
I stay for a while, enjoying the warm hospitality of the Impervious Wall, while asking for clues to the whereabouts of my husband to any who pass through this famed city.

Wo's Story.

I should have gone with that dwarf... I heard from one of the visiting scholars that my Isk is there! In a dwarf fort. The Page of Tiredness. As the outpost liaison. Can you believe it. I should have gone with her.
Maybe I will have time to catch up with her? I gather some things and make some armour for myself. It isnt very good to start with, but I get better. I use that black metal they sometimes use. It smells of death.
A spear. Yes, pointy. That will do nicely. I kill some animals. I like to eat their flesh. Its nice. Blood. It tastes good.

What's this? A goblin. All by himself? I would like to taste him too. He tastes bad.

I stop at rivers heading west, I like the cool water. I can smell the dwarf. Will she lead me to Isk? Another goblin. Argh! He is tricksy! Copper arrows? Cowardly goblin. I've lost a tooth. Argh! My eye. Evil horrible goblin. I will be more sneaky. Next time.

A copper arrow, stuck in my eye. I am afraid. I don't want to take it outtttt. The Nasty Poker.

I spend next few days being chased and chasing goblins around their big city. Nasty things. Sometimes I catch them asleep and I kill them. Sometimes they chase me away. They call me Wo Bladeteeth! The Fierce Dusk. The One-Eyed Bandit! I smell something on the wind. Dwarf. A fort. An old place.

Hmm. Not here. A few days ago. Maybe a week? I make something from my meat. Lovely pike meat stew with vultures and ibexes. That's nice. Eye is itchy. Still got an arrow in it. Cuts on arms infected. Need to find Isk. She will know what to do. Mhmm. A bath?

Brush-shacks? Something like that. Smells of dwarf. But mostly goblins, and death. She came this way. Horrible goblin priests. I wait til dark and kill them in their sleep. Horrible things. The last one? I bite his eyes and chop off his hands. He can stay here, not dead. Frighten the other ones.

Incenseorder. Big city, lots of smells. Not just dwarves though... Cats? What is this... Why are the dwarves screaming? Argh! Wo did not notice the moooon.

My spear sticks in the cat things and they bleed. Soon they stop moving. They smell wrong. I wonder what their blood tastes like. Nasty.

The keep.. a wolf man. He smells strange. Hint of fox mixed with wolf. But at least he is not trying to kill me. He looks a little jumpy. He makes a gnome come back to life. It's a funny small thing. I put my spear away and he is friendly and he tells me stuff.

Thikut! Yes! That's her! That's the dwarf lady who can take me to see Isk! The wolf says she might still be here!

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3821 on: January 28, 2024, 03:43:01 pm »

Very neat! How long ago was 1069? I was just thinking it's been awhile since my wolf lord was wearing anything other than blistered armor.

Werecats ?! In my city! Glad they got dealt with! Also glad I was polite to a guest!

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3822 on: January 28, 2024, 04:32:48 pm »

Just dropped in to say I'm trying to catch up and get the turn list updated.  :)

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3823 on: January 28, 2024, 04:40:40 pm »

Just dropped in to say I'm trying to catch up and get the turn list updated.  :)
So the order as far as I'm aware is
Eric Blank
Quantum Drop
Maloy
Avolitionbrit
Welcome Back, hope you are well
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: January 28, 2024, 04:48:47 pm »

All is well, I got a bit distracted with other hobbies over the last month :)

Anyhow, The turn list has been updated, but I have not read all the latest stories yet. I'll try to catch up. 
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 263