Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Claiming a fort  (Read 1671 times)

mason531

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Claiming a fort
« on: March 11, 2020, 08:21:43 am »

So I just slain a forgotten beast of a fortress and now how can I make it mine if I can ?

madpathmoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Claiming a fort
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 08:49:03 am »

Are you saying that...  You killed a forgotten beast that killed everyone in a fortress, and now you want your adventurer to claim the fortress?

If it's possible, I believe you'd have to find a location in the fort, like a main hall or tavern, and then use Shift+K, "shout out to everybody", and pick "Claim site for yourself"; the first time you pick this, you'll be forced to generate  name for your character's personal faction.  After that, begin speaking again and you'll see it has changed to something like "claim this site for yourself and [faction name]".  If you pick that, your character will loudly proclaim themselves the new ruler of wherever they are standing, and if it's successful, you'll get a pop-up explaining that you are now the new Lord/Lady, ruling your faction from the spot you just claimed.

If it doesn't work, then it's possible 1) you can't claim fortresses (sorry I can't just answer this myself), 2) there's still an NPC who has rightful ownership of the place alive somewhere, 3) you're not actually standing in a location the game recognizes as a zone to be owned.

mason531

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Claiming a fort
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 09:40:31 am »

Are you saying that...  You killed a forgotten beast that killed everyone in a fortress, and now you want your adventurer to claim the fortress?

If it's possible, I believe you'd have to find a location in the fort, like a main hall or tavern, and then use Shift+K, "shout out to everybody", and pick "Claim site for yourself"; the first time you pick this, you'll be forced to generate  name for your character's personal faction.  After that, begin speaking again and you'll see it has changed to something like "claim this site for yourself and [faction name]".  If you pick that, your character will loudly proclaim themselves the new ruler of wherever they are standing, and if it's successful, you'll get a pop-up explaining that you are now the new Lord/Lady, ruling your faction from the spot you just claimed.

If it doesn't work, then it's possible 1) you can't claim fortresses (sorry I can't just answer this myself), 2) there's still an NPC who has rightful ownership of the place alive somewhere, 3) you're not actually standing in a location the game recognizes as a zone to be owned.

Ok thank you !!! I'll try :)