Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Blood of Heroes ( Roll and Dodge with story elements.)  (Read 4182 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blood of Heroes ( Roll and Dodge with story elements.)
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2020, 08:05:34 am »

(I think I did this right.)

Name: Herold

Stats;
Body:14
Mind: 11
Social: 13
Soul: 15

Raising your youngster:

1: To show great joy you have a heir you get the baby a present.
New Safe combat related toy

2: Out in the woods there are a ton of trees. A moment comes up.
Find nearby friendly folk, picnic and discuss trees/seasons/news/etc.

3: At the family library, how do you educate your child?
Give child the important stuff, they are ready.

4: The child has grown up enough to have a pet. What kind of animal you should give him?
Dog:

5: Child has grown up enough to fight against the monsters, having captured one for practice. How do you teach him to fight?
Precise hit to vitals
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2020, 01:20:37 am »

Raising notes

4 to Body
4 to Mind
2 to Social.

Not bad.

Total:

Body:
LP: 36
HP: 64
Strength: Very good
Speed: Peak human
Toughness: Super human
Stamina/Endurance: High
Can repel all but super natural/hex/curse poisons and diseases.

Mind:
23 skills

Social:
Pretty effective

Soul:
3 power die. Level 8/10 spells. Can have 15 mp.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2020, 07:39:55 pm »

Still have total of 23 skills to pick from. Stressing it because it helps decide stuff to do and form of your signature weapon.

Anyway spells. After spells then tragedy that decides shut that goes down.

Beast Crafting:

1:
Speak: Creature can talk and listen
Improved senses: make them super natural in senses.
Quills: Grow spines so if something grapples, in for a bad day.
Tentacle growth: Either as a deformed tongue or body horror tendrils from the back.
Thicken Hide: First body durability bonus.
2:
Change the Man: Not just animals but humans and humanoids can be turned to beast crafted subjects, must score a critical on them to do the switch. ( Feat)
Mutate: Now your subject can be altered permanently some how, takes days to do though. In game play it means adding stats to your subject.
Army of Followers: Instead of 1-4, can have up to 40 ( this is not a spell, it’s a feat. Feats are always on.)
Improve blood flow: Healing, cure, basics.
3:
Retractable blades: Wolverine style claws now.
Giant growth: 50% growth to creature minion of choice.
Elemental Bite: Mouth biting results in a elemental damage type.
Movement: Run up walls, on water, faster, and jump higher.
4:
Monstrous Follower: If you hit a “monster” hard enough with your beast crafting tool, they too can change. ( feat)
Liquid form: Minion can now go all T-1000 as a liquid or liquid solid weapon body parts.
Hazardous blood: Minion can now do a damage type by bleeding.
Shifter: Your minion has a second form now.
5:
Breath Weapon:Can expel  a energy attack of choice.
Nemean Growth: Full 100% growth of creature now.
Harden: Bones and organs are tougher to injure, step 2 defense spell.
New limbs: Decide stuff like new arms, gliding wings, fins for swimming, legs for moving, claws, arms for use and tails as well. Includes heads as well.
6:
Colossal growth: 150% growth spell. Needless to say your damn well huge now.
Energy ducts: Can launch magic misfiled or suicide rush into fire ball style bombs.
Fluid inside: immune to crits. As have no central organs anymore.
Split growth: Can make multiples of self now.

7:
Mind of Legion: Can now take all subjects ( up to 40) and mind control them all at once as one being and bodies as extensions.

Flight: Grants flying to something that does not fly, boosts speed of one who does.

Armor: Natural plated armor now grown over flesh, ultimate and final armor up spell.

Sorcerer Creature: A chosen champion of your ranks can cast levelm1-3 magic of your choice from your spell book.

8:
Typhoonian growth: Ultimate growth spell. Creature in question grows 200 percent bigger than before. So a dog the size of a dinosaur, mice size of elephants and so forth depending on the animal.

Regeneration: Casted on one target, your loyal subject is now extremely hard to kill due to constant limb and organ repair.

Planar touched: Can walk through walls, incorpeal with I a it mate things and even dimension goo briefly as a fake out teleport.

9 has 2 spells. 10 only 1.

Soul Forging:

1:
Craft: Take a soul, take right tool, smack it into shape and material that is needed for said purpose.
2:
Bond: The item made returns and only used by one who fashioned it.
3:
Soul Steel: Now it’s default is steel, but has magic weapon mark. So magic stuff gets hurt.
4:
Spell effects: Can use for casting spells, hell can use its own three spell slots.
5:
Eater: If strikes a target, can absorb from the target to make itself better/stronger.
6:
Magic Ward: Cannusebitem to repel magic spells.
7:
Animated: It can talk and move on its own as if alive.
8:
Self Repair material: After it is set in. Stone, unless reduced to dust the metal will always fix itself.

Nature:

1:
Fire: Conjure flames, brief o es that can ignite flammable material and harm others.
Purify: cleanse food and drink before consume.
Plant growth: make plants grow faster, controlling their function too.
Lights: Make brief burst of sun light to dazzle, roast undead/light sensitive briefly and such.
Inner Oven: When caster, your character needs not worry of dying by freezing to death by cold or moisture.

2:
Combust: Focus, Light something on fire or trigger explosion if explosive.

Earth Fangs: Roots come from the ground to attack as stabbing tentacles.

Water Hand: With a body of water can conjure a stretchy arm to control.

Air slicer: Launch a cutting wind wave.

Rock Pitch: Launch base ball sized stones as projectiles.

3:
Water disc: Make a spiraling burst of water from handy, at close to h2h can shred target, also use as a repealing shield.

Wall: Make a wall of harden dirt or earth.

Create water: In a empty vessel, can create your own fresh water.

Flame weapon: Conjure a magic hand to hand weapon to use for next five turns.

Find Beast: Conjure a natural occurring critter around to aid.

4:
Water burst: Jet blast of water to attack and put out flame, can channel and hold charge to cut through metal and stone.

Wind Ball: Like fire ball but compressed air that goes boom with pressure and vacuum wave slices.

Heat Metal: Must focus, while focus any metal projected heats up, burning the target and forcing them to drop or strip. Either way hurts. If that guard in full plate mail, chances are that guard is dead.

Scorching Burst: 3 miniature fire ball leap out to slam into target(s)

Jade Flare: All plant life in a 20 foot radius sacrifice their life force as a explosive green fire ball or soaked to caster who launches a green flame of solar life energy.

5:
Flame Strike: Outdoors only, launch down burning pillar down on target.

Gust of Wind: Repel/push/knock back targets with air pressure.

Embracing the Sun: Exposure to Sun Light heals, with effect on and can store it to expend one burst of solar light damage ( Them Vampires done fucked up.)

Crawling Tide: Command a whole tidal wave worth of bugs to bite and sting at chosen target area.
6:
Tidal Wave: Conjure water in area to rise as a wall in one direction.

Jaws of Earth: Big spikes erupt out to stab and shred.

Stone Skin: Super rock skin armor, turn granite marble pale while effect goes on.

Greater Water Wyrd: Get to antimate water, into a creature of water to protect, guard, and attack enemies.

7:
Molten Ball: Launch a lava rock to go boom.

Lava Wave: Make a tidal wave of lava to burn and cool down to act as a bridge.

Sun Beam: Channel sun shine akin to a Kame hame ha
8:
Reaper Winds: Conjure a system of four mini twisters that do your binding.

Earthquake: Nuff said, shake the area down, foes may lose balance, buildings shift and stuff.

Edit: Done!

Tomorrow the intro. Been trying to find a intro song.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 01:21:34 pm by Tyrant Leviathan »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2020, 05:12:46 am »

Do we pick spells or are you doing that?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2020, 08:45:19 am »

I b am tossing the spells out but once a day can pick 8 each list.

As for Tragedy rolls

18: Council of Vampires were the cause. ( of the 20 evils.)

3: They tricked human beings into doing the dirty work ( needless to say, Herold is going to be pushed and very anti human despite the family code to be hunting monsters to protect them.)

13: Mom, dad, and both siblings dead. Extended family are alive and your only friend at the moment is your faithful hound whom you do beast crafting too. It is to the point it can talk like a human with intelligence.*

* Beast Crafting is actually a dark art. Your implanting otherworldly energy into a body to control, command, and mutate for your benefit as its loyal to your command, the energy in question is spirit energy. Can be the deceased, demons from hell or “blanks.”

Dog is a blank. Meaning a soul with no memory or personality, though has knowledge of the supernatural due to origins.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2020, 09:13:08 am »

We should name the dog bob.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2020, 10:51:33 am »

Bob the dog it is. With each new post now will update spell list and next post with Soul Forge will update the gear. Then lastly first action post of this.

Yeah Body Crafty is more Lovecraft Ian deal than Devil Forging from the Castlevania anime though the basis is you either touch living, stab a dying body,  or rite of a dead body to make a servant.

So yes Soul Forge is next and item list will be up based on skills. Lastly the adventure post with nature magic. Be warned, this rpg will be my most detailed in gore and anatomy for a rpg. ( I am a med student so I know this stuff anyway.)

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2020, 11:15:29 am »

Gear ( counting martial melee from that list.)

1: Cold Iron Bi Dent Blade: A bi debt is a brother to trident just two blades instead of three. The blade version means this sucker is a sword. Shorter handle, bigger, longer, and sharper blades. Made from cold iron and it killed the first queen of the day, Mab. Due to its shape, handy at catching weapons for breaking or moving with a twist of the wrists. It is a martial weapon due to maneuvers to make it a feasible blade. ( it was this orbothers including a katana, die roll picked this.)

2: Have soul steel gloves and bots, sturdy, light, and hurt like a bitch in striking.

3: Scale armor: Have scale armor, it is comforting though not magic or anything.

4: Trap parts: To make taps, add bait or other stuff to mix, can make different kinds of traps.

5: Sack: Can hold up to 30 extra items for the shop stuff or sake of carry.

6: Disguise Kit: Includes a old robe, paint, false eyes and hair. To make self seem human.

7: Bob the Dog: Nuff said.

8: Round shield: solid shield that’s round shape, good for guarding. If had exotic weapon skill, could Captain America with it.

9: Monster Manual: A magic book that when opened it reads the readers thoughts to label the critter the author is thinking of. ( you know stuff of the top of your head, still handy.)

10: A trusty short bow with 20 arrows via quiver in ya back.

Next: Nature Magic and the adventure starts.

Edit:

11: Due to Soul Forge skills, you have a working tool. Either a chisel, hammer/mallet or so forth to help channel your stuff to surface of forging.

12: Duh a obvious

Field Kit: Since you know medicine, hacce a portable box to prep and use things, have to restock once after 6 uses.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 12:45:32 pm by Tyrant Leviathan »

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2020, 05:23:19 am »

Four theme songs ( pick according to taste. Three are same just different format)

Bloody Tears ( since Vampires are the main enemy this time.)
https://youtu.be/V08epMK0ia4
https://youtu.be/TU6961fLz0Q
https://youtu.be/gz2OywSRIMo

Or Stray ( Given you are alone in society.)
https://youtu.be/xoQuu7GPxAI

Action

-

The scene opens up to your family, growing up and being happy. However as the family went traveling afar something happened. Humans, disgusting humans ambushed your family in a town. You we’re ten. Your father was marked like you, as were your siblings, your older brother and younger sister. They looked like different beast folk but were still human.

She was burned alive, brother was forced into a pit to have head sawed off. Your father and school teacher mother we’re impales on pikes. You had escaped with your families gear into the woods. Over time practicing and getting stronger, adopting a dying wolf hound into your companion, Bob.

- Elsewhere

At a dark castle was a society of vampires discussing issues at hand.

“ We made a hit on a mobster hunting family, it should worked by now.

2: But they hunted the faeries, not us.

3: No matter, we might have been hunted next.

2: But it may give any survivor a good excuse to come after us.

4: Their weapon may not be silver, but could still pierce a heart, let’s just hope they are all dead.
 5: I just want my girl.

1: Damnit Man, your cursed against God, you are destined to lose her every generation, how many times until you figure that shit out?!

: Meeting segment abruptly ends.:

8 years latter

Herold has grown, Wild in the woods, 6’5 in height, all muscle currently dealing with a large band of bandits. Having stabbed through frontal of a skull to get the brains loose, before hacking a neck open with blood spray and then stabs another in the gut. He screams unholy murder as energy took him over, changing him from a mere man I to a monster

The new servant was toughen hide with bat wings and features like a gargoyle as he belches fire on a former comrade who screams as he burns to death while that strong prehensile tail snaps a neck and Bob the dog in dire dog mood bites a mans head off. The last one attempts to get away but stabbed in the back as blade goes red, he was transformed.

Loses his legs due to cowardice as he is now a unholy naga creature half human and snake. Your three companions looked to you.

Bat Wing: Thank you master, it feels good to live.

Snake Man: My, how beautiful.

Bob: I am proud to see how you have gotten stronger, but your family still does not know all magic. Besides, aren’t you suppose to save the humans?

Herold: Fuck humanity. They shunned me and my family, they murdered them. I may work odd jobs and beg, but I will not be my father. If I ever find out who did orders to kill them, they will pay.

Bat Wing: Maybe I suggest we grow in number, your touch can influence others, maybe even take a Town : his voice a gravel voice, like steel biting a floor.:

Snake: We should look into who made the order, don’t you have a home? Maybe stock up before you get your revenge?

Bob: And along three am way maybe try to find “good” humans? And extend your families magic pool? You got to consider the future, you will need a heir at some point.

Herold: Bob, you are my best friend. But please stop being my dad.

Bob: I saw your dad’s soul when you conjured next. He and others went to Heaven.

Herold: Not now Bob, just not now.

Stats:

Herold: Alive, well and edge lording it out.
Bob: Alive,  healthy, trying to be sane.

Bat Wing: Like wise, encouraging Herold to do evil.

Snake: Alive, wants to keep Herold safe.

Actions:

Go into town ( Alone and discussed for work, info, con, adventure?)

Go into town with monster friends: If you want a fight ( not recommended.)

Stay in woods, hunt down animals to beast craft for a monster army

Go home for supplies and maybe old gear to resurface.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 01:52:28 pm by Tyrant Leviathan »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2020, 08:08:11 am »

Go into town ( Alone and ask for info about Fai)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2020, 09:26:03 am »

Go into town ( Alone and ask for info about Fai)
+1

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2020, 06:42:27 am »

Since you disguised yourself and went into town, three things occurred.

1: Able to beg off 20 gold.

2: Found out a town to the north is reported to have been taken over by a vampire.

3: During your course in town, Gypsies showed up. They saw through your disguise but treat you like decent human beings should, tell you it is rumored vampires arranged hit on your family, gave you extra 16 silver, two rations and a blessing. Also got hit on by a hottie Gypsy girl.

Problem? Six locals who happen to be drunk are now hitting on her, what do you do?

Next post will go into detail, Time is shorter now.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2020, 08:37:41 am »

Beat the crap out of them with our fists!

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2020, 10:16:33 am »

: The green eyed, raven haired and olive skinned beauty refuses their advices. The six drunks, who were armed as milita still advanced.:

“ Say, pretty girl like you should love the attention. Reject us, and we run you flea bitten blight era out of town.”

You meanwhile sneak up on them, Bat Man style, since you also have plenty of spell charge, could make supplies out of these fools. You approach, having two charges for Beast Crafting,spend it by grabbing the first two on the shoulder. They howl with pain as intense red light comes from them.

The large one Hindi gets ball and chain now a shark man with a iron skeleton and still huge. “‘You blokes are so damned rude.”

The other got mutated, bottom galf merged into a centipede thing while upper body was demonic as face melted into a demon skull, right arm became a telescoping spear blade, left a massive grappling hand.” Witch craft” Cut off as your tail smacks him, so hard it breaks his jaw and he falls back, one runs for the guards. Another drops blade after you beak his arm and another gets leg broken and crush his wind pipe. Free cash I guess. The last one falls back on friend and we’re himself as you pummel him so bad the girl stops you.

Then four guards show up with the survivor with two knives, guards had armor and pole arms.

“ They were attacking a girl.”

“ Witch scum like you cannot be here, killing our men as the Devil seeks our town!” They draw their weapons.:

Cool check: 3

“ You fools. Your so damned rude. So DAMNED rude!!” As you then snap your fingers, the centiepede grappling arms a spear, pulls guy into arm so stabbed through face. Shark rushes forward, glowing blue as electric arc fries a guard. The three left killed by you, thanks to scorching balls of Fire. The screams, the screams. You gather 50 bucks from their dead bodies, the non burned and leave.

On your path the girl runs to you. “ You did not have to kill.”

“ But all they do is take.”

“ You helped me, you care. Your just hurt”

“ You... Are nice to me. What is it now?”

“ Well you saved me, so I am coming along. To repay what you did. Besides, you need someone, besides these friends.”

“ If you wish.” All of you leave the village. Cue woods. Bob sniffs out.

“ Why do I smell new soldiers, death, and a girl?! She smells of magic. Wonderful!”

“ Hmm!?”

“ I am Deborah.” Cue her showing her arms, marks like tunic tattoos, she speaks, energy glow and weapons. “ We the Avastivia know magic. My tribe is glyphs. I can do many things, with enough focus.”

“ That’s new to me.”

Bob: Told you, boy.

Got:

Sharky
Lance hand
Deborah
96 bucks added

To do

Hunt down animals for bodies for army
Get food ready
Lesson from Deborah ( not just magic, she has skills.)
Travel toward vampire town
Get enough distance to camp ( her family may show up.)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2020, 08:10:28 am »

Get enough distance to camp ( her family may show up.)
This sounds like the best option sense we just killed those guys and the people from the town might find where we are if we stay.
Pages: 1 [2] 3