Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Clone Wars Take 2(4/?) Match 2 Ongoing  (Read 14904 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Take 2(4/?) Match 1 Round 7
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2020, 03:56:22 pm »

Continue researching persuasiveness

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2020, 11:25:43 pm »

CLONE, FEEL UNDEFEATED.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2020, 08:28:10 am »

Keep hiding in my bunker and killing anything that gets near it, an if they try to capture me kill myself.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2020, 01:17:46 am »

time to prove my tactical superiority. Two clones stay back and guard the defeated,  two provide covering fire to keep Zultan's last clone down and unaware while the remaining four advance and breach the bunker to capture/kill him.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Take 2(4/?) Match 1 Over
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2020, 02:44:13 pm »

Match 1 round 8:
Continue researching persuasiveness
[2]Most of the progress form last turn was lost, persuasiveness(1/10)

CLONE, FEEL UNDEFEATED.
[1]Your clone is too depressed(on anything less than a 3 next turn the clone commits suicide)<-irrelevant as match is over.

Keep hiding in my bunker and killing anything that gets near it, an if they try to capture me kill myself.
[2]You clone dies in a blaze of glory. Gained 1XP

time to prove my tactical superiority. Two clones stay back and guard the defeated,  two provide covering fire to keep Zultan's last clone down and unaware while the remaining four advance and breach the bunker to capture/kill him.
[4]You end up killing Zultan's clone. You gain 1XP and 0.5 matter.

Calling the match here as Dustan is the undisputed winner for the most part. Dustan, Canadian kitten, and naturegirl get the bonus of Survivor. Any comments while I get the next match setup, also if you wish to buy something form the store you can at this time. Zultan you do get 2 free clones. Also if you have less than 1 matter you will be given 5 free matter.

Code: (Stats) [Select]
Arena:
-no matter

The Canadian kitten:
-1.7XP
-1 Clones
-0.5 matter
-1 cloning vat
-bunker(takes 50% of incoming damage and has 24hp)

King Zultan:
-2.7XP
-0 Clones
-0.5 matter
-1 cloning vat
-bunker(takes 40% incoming damage and has 18hp)

Naturegirl1999:
-2.7XP
-1 Clones
-0 matter
-2 cloning vat
-trap researched(cost 1 matter to build 1d4 sets; each trap has a 50% chance to eliminate an enemy clone when activated)
-persuasiveness research(1/10)

Dustan Hache:
-1 win
-7.7XP
-8 Clones
-6.5 matter
-1 cloning vat
-turret research(cost 4 matter to build, gives clone manning +1 to roll(rolls getting to 7 destroy the turret), has 2 hp)

That was a wild ride for a first match.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 02:48:05 pm by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Take 2(4/?) Match 1 over
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2020, 06:25:27 pm »

buy 3.5 units of matter, then bank the rest of my EXP. brace for 3v1.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2020, 06:39:11 pm »

Get the 5 free matter, and buy 3 clones. Also, store 0.2 XP in the XP bank.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 01:16:13 am by The Canadian kitten »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2020, 11:35:05 pm »

Spoiler: Shop (click to show/hide)
put 0.2 XP in XP Bank
Buy 3 Sets of Armor for 1.5 XP
Buy 2 Clones for 1 XP

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Take 2(4/?) Match 2 setup
« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2020, 11:58:16 pm »

I am changing a few things.
Commands/Rolls:
How ever many clones you tell to do something I will roll that number divided by 4 dice for the results(1 die is always rolled so you would have to send 8+ to get the extra die for the action).
Defender rolls are taken into account first(unless successfully ambushing). In case of ties all parties involved take equal losses/damage.

Research:
Not possible unless you have a bunker(researchers are in the bunker).
Canceled if attacked and you have no defenders.

Structures:
Always possible to build though will cost more or be less efficient unless you have the required builder level(the exception is buildings gotten from research aka turrets and traps for now, standard buildings in the list under builder are NOT possible to research).

XP:
Completing a research will give 1XP.
Defending with no losses(structures do not count) will give 0.1XP per clone defending

Shop items:
Armour: gives +1 HP to clone(was -1 to enemy rolls)
1 matter for 0.5XP

That is it for changes for now. New people are welcome to join in. New joiners will start with: a cloning vat, 5 clones, 10 matter, and 0.8XP. Next map/arena will have matter(not a whole lot). Also each round of a match is as long as it needs to be(in case that was not obvious).
A couple of questions for my players: Would a map be helpful? Any questions or comments?
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2020, 12:31:31 am »

How much is XP rounded to? Would 0.2 just round to 0 and gain nothing, or will it gain 0.01 XP?

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2020, 12:45:51 am »

How much is XP rounded to? Would 0.2 just round to 0 and gain nothing, or will it gain 0.01 XP?
XP will only be rounded to the hundredth place(0.01) though is only usable in the tenth place(0.1).
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2020, 01:14:35 am »

XP will only be rounded to the hundredth place(0.01) though is only usable in the tenth place(0.1).
ok, thanks. I just wanted to make sure I had enough in the bank to be getting something

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2020, 02:43:26 am »

I feel a map would be helpful.

Buy 2 clones for 1XP, 3 armour for 1.5XP, and put .2XP in the bank.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Take 2(4/?) Match 2 Start
« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2020, 11:07:35 pm »

Match 2, Start:

Code: (Map Key) [Select]
The orange hexes with black triangles are matter nodes
Each axe is a group of 4 clones
Each house is each players base(these will be where your bunker, cloning vat(s), and any building or structures are

The arena transforms around your clones, each one of your clones are at your respective base. The round limit for this match is 17. You may now begin.

Code: (Stats) [Select]
Arena:
5 matter nodes

The Canadian kitten:
-0XP
-3 Clones
-5.5 matter
-1 cloning vat
-bunker(takes 50% of incoming damage and has 24hp)
-XP Bank(0.2)

King Zultan:
-0XP
-4 Clones(3 armored)
-5.5 matter
-1 cloning vat
-bunker(takes 40% incoming damage and has 18hp)
-XP Bank(0.2)

Naturegirl1999:
-2.7XP
-3 Clones(armored)
-5 matter
-2 cloning vat
-trap researched(cost 1 matter to build 1d4 sets; each trap has a 50% chance to eliminate an enemy clone when activated)
-persuasiveness research(1/10)
-XP Bank(0.2)

Dustan Hache:
-1 win
-0XP
-8 Clones
-10 matter
-1 cloning vat
-turret research(cost 4 matter to build, gives clone manning +1 to roll(rolls getting to 7 destroy the turret), has 2 hp)
-XP Bank(4.2)

Ok I think everything is in order, please tell me if you prefer the map at the end or beginning of the update. Tell me if there is anything out of place. Also with a map updates will be slightly slower than before.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Take 2(4/?) Match 2 Start
« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2020, 11:16:52 pm »

Begin harvesting matter from the matter node near my base
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 11:25:20 pm by Naturegirl1999 »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9