Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do I get my dwarves to make babies?  (Read 731 times)

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
How do I get my dwarves to make babies?
« on: March 19, 2020, 05:37:05 pm »

I'm trying to repopulate a civ but I can't get my citizens to marry. But they just keep making friends. Every citizen has around 5-6 friends but they arent getting married. What gives?
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do I get my dwarves to make babies?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 06:24:20 pm »

I'm trying to repopulate a civ but I can't get my citizens to marry. But they just keep making friends. Every citizen has around 5-6 friends but they arent getting married. What gives?
Some dorfs just don't want to get married. How many citizens do you have? Lock them in a room together. That's the tried old method.

Worldgen dorfs manage to have babies without getting married these days. Not sure if they've come round to that way of thinking in Fortress mode yet.

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 07:57:31 pm »

So I still need to use Honeymoon Suites? Dang. Thats annoying.
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2020, 08:04:20 pm »

Not necessarily but it would speed things along.  Either that or patience.  They are definitely better at doing it themselves in this version of the game than in the previous several iterations.