Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Animal Crossing: New Horizons thread  (Read 5195 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Mood: Cautiously Optomistic
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Animal Crossing: New Horizons thread
« on: March 19, 2020, 06:23:42 am »

I am super exited, release is a day away. I have largely tried to avoid making definite decisions about what I will do with the island. However I have a few ideas about what I will do.

1. Space Out Houses: I have seen a lot of fan maps with clustered neighborhoods. I imagine if I had one of these in any previous animal crossing game, I'd never see most of my island. Also I personally enjoy 'spontaneously' finding things like rare bugs on the way traveling from one house to another, than 'deliberately' searching my whole island everyday.

2. I will name mine Book Island.

And that's about it. Other than that I think I'd like most houses to be a layer or two up. I doubt that there are storms and floods, but I just would feel better if I was living in on a remote island to have some tsunami protection. I don't plan to litter my outside with a lot of furniture, but we'll see how that changes. Especially for objects you can meaningfully interact with in some way. I plan to spend most of my time in classic top-down view, but I also played Wild World and the charm of a curved view may have it's practical and aesthetic appeal.

Edit: As requested here is a Bay 12 Animal Crossing discord server.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 01:28:13 am by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Animal Crossing: New Horizons thread
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 09:04:44 am »

Anyways that's what I am exited for. How about you? Are you going physical or digital? Get any merch or special edition? Feel free to use this thread to share islands when it comes out.
Awesome With Autism

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 10:11:14 am »

Just about every Animal Crossing game I've bought (since the first one, at least) I haven't really stuck around much with. In particular, the villagers felt a little too shallow to keep coming back to. Do you (or anybody else) know if they've changed dynamics there much? New Leaf was the most recent entry I tried.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2020, 11:27:30 am »

There's been a few noticeable changes from early footage and reviews. They chase you down and invite you to talk to them. They interact with the world in meaningful ways, like watering flowers.
Awesome With Autism

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2020, 01:15:52 pm »

I plan to hit my local villagers in the head with a net, pitfall the areas around their houses, and send questionable letters to them until they depart, leaving me the sole proprietor of a quiet patch of dirt with nothing to my name but bugs and fossils. Gradually I will cover the more permanent fixtures of the island with trees and flowers until any who dare visit cannot find Tom Nook or his cronies behind the thick underbrush. I will never seek improvement or change, will never advance beyond crude tools, but no one will question my kingship. Any who dare oppose me will find themselves at the end of many rude gestures, conveniently-placed bees, and net-beatings, until they give in and leave my home.

I will call this land... Reddit.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2020, 02:00:57 pm »

I plan to hit my local villagers in the head with a net, pitfall the areas around their houses, and send questionable letters to them until they depart, leaving me the sole proprietor of a quiet patch of dirt with nothing to my name but bugs and fossils. Gradually I will cover the more permanent fixtures of the island with trees and flowers until any who dare visit cannot find Tom Nook or his cronies behind the thick underbrush. I will never seek improvement or change, will never advance beyond crude tools, but no one will question my kingship. Any who dare oppose me will find themselves at the end of many rude gestures, conveniently-placed bees, and net-beatings, until they give in and leave my home.

I will call this land... Reddit.

ptw cuz i want this game and this made me laugh
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2020, 01:57:49 am »

Fill the island with garbage and call it Funkytown.

Use the new terrain tools to turn my island into a dwarf fort. I could put some barrels down to form a booze stockpile.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 02:02:54 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2020, 02:02:35 am »

Looks like my copy will be delayed a day. I got a message Amazon in prioritizing necessities.
Awesome With Autism

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2020, 07:13:31 am »

Downloaded it this morning and have done pretty much all I can do on day 1. Guess I get to wait till tomorrow now.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2020, 09:10:14 am »

headed down to gamestop soon to pick up my copy.

do we want to share nintendo friend codes or whatever to share worlds? maybe add a discord too or something. im going to make a nice little village for the others and a dwarf fortress or something for myself, we shall see.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2020, 09:16:07 am »

Feel free to friend me

SW-3173-2844-6515

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2020, 12:57:28 pm »

If you don't already have a Switch Online subscription, there's a reward on My Nintendo for a 7-day free trial. This is separate from the regular free trial, and they've been offering a new one each month since January. The 100 platinum points is pretty easy to get by doing the available tasks. You've got until 3/31 to acquire a code for this month, and until 4/7 to redeem it. We'll see if they offer another one for April. Edit: Yep, there's one for April.

Edit: Looks like you also get one for ordering the digital copy of the game.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 01:45:21 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2020, 08:11:16 pm »

So, I have Pears, and Fiancee has Cherries. What are y'all's fruits?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2020, 08:41:33 pm »

Just started, i fear i made a mistake and put my neighbors tents too close: is it possible to move them later or move it when i build an actual place? We shall see. I also have pears as my island fruit. Im debating between calling my island Chernobyl or Paraiso, the tagalog word for paradise.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2020, 10:34:21 pm »

Terrain tools and actual building of houses?   
Dang, I wish this wasn't only on the Switch. I loves me some Animal Crossing.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: [1] 2 3