Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Animal Crossing: New Horizons thread  (Read 5210 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Animal Crossing: New Horizons thread
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2020, 03:40:53 am »

Can you really get all the egg recipes already? I assume more are coming in the following days. I also don't have all of them... some stuff like sky eggs is hard to get enough of. Also, where are you getting more cherry blossom recipes?

Well, I've only been getting duplicate recipes now, and Zipper said we need to finish all the egg furniture by the 12th for a reward. The recipes drop occasionally from the rainbow balloons and can also be found in rainbow bottles on the beach. You get clothing recipes for collecting enough of each type of egg, and unlock a rainbow egg dress+hat recipe after unlocking all those. (Not sure if rainbow shoes exist.)

Sky eggs should be the easiest, since there are multiple rainbow balloons in the sky each minute. Edit: Looks like they nerfed the number of balloons. (You need to shoot down 300 balloons for the golden slingshot recipe balloon to show up, so I've got 100+ even after I started eating some*.) Earth eggs are the hardest, since you only get two of them each day plus two for each island tour.

I've been getting one cherry blossom recipe per day via regular balloons and message bottles. Not sure if that's a hard-coded limit.

*Pro tip: Only money trees and non-fruit trees show pink blossoms, so now is a good time to separate them from your fruit trees to make hunting wasps easier.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 12:07:36 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2020, 06:05:10 pm »

My Nook's Cranny is buying turnips for 485 today. I've been keeping my gates open as a public service and I would love to know that some Bay12ies benefited from it. This forum means a lot to me.

My Dodo code is 4WDJ0 and I'll be keeping it open until the Cranny closes at 10PM. (It's 7:04 PM right now, so it'll be a couple of hours)
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2020, 09:22:59 am »

@Argembarger
Damn. Wish I'd been awake for that. Edit: Managed to sell them at 460 using Reddit. There was a town with a price around 650, but it was already closed.

I can't believe we still can't display other people's designs in the Abel Sisters' shop. Any custom outfit that you might want your villagers to wear would have to be painstakingly recreated by hand.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 11:49:10 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2020, 07:47:06 pm »

Found trash island on tour, fished up a bunch of boots. Behold the fruits of my labor:

I've got all the fruit types. Just need to wait for the trees to mature.

Are flower types limited per island? I've got roses, tulips, windflowers, and pansies. Haven't seen any mums, cosmos, hyacinths, or lilies.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 05:14:56 pm by Bumber »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2020, 12:18:04 pm »

ptw, as my girlfriend owns this game.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2020, 01:23:06 pm »

Found trash island on tour, fished up a bunch of boots. Behold the fruits of my labor:

I've got all the fruit types. Just need to wait for the trees to mature.

Are flower types limited per island? I've got roses, tulips, windflowers, and pansies. Haven't seen any mums, cosmos, hyacinths, or lilies.

How much of the trash was eggs?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2020, 08:59:34 pm »

How much of the trash was eggs?

I think this was after the nerf, so not too many.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2020, 12:48:47 am »

Hybrid Flower Guide

Flower Breeding Simulator

Everything You Ever Needed to Know About Flower Genetics

All genetic combinations:

Thus, the only genetic combination for blue roses is RRYYWWbb. (Roses have a 4th gene that the other flowers don't.)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 12:52:33 am by Bumber »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2020, 06:34:58 pm »

@Argembarger
Damn. Wish I'd been awake for that. Edit: Managed to sell them at 460 using Reddit. There was a town with a price around 650, but it was already closed.

I can't believe we still can't display other people's designs in the Abel Sisters' shop. Any custom outfit that you might want your villagers to wear would have to be painstakingly recreated by hand.
Okay, able sisters design sharing: any visitor (only done with best friends so far) can put items up on your shop back wall - they have the option to take the design with them or trash it. There's also a kiosk to share designs online - you can search for specific designs or creators via codes that are very long and complicated, and upload them through said kiosk.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2020, 01:38:10 am »

There's also a kiosk to share designs online - you can search for specific designs or creators via codes that are very long and complicated, and upload them through said kiosk.

You can't display these designs on the wall, so your villagers can never wear them. Requiring the creator to visit your town rules out over 99.9% of the patterns out there.

Looks like villagers still don't understand wallpaper, so your original villagers are stuck with lame dirt floors and such.

Finally bred some purple pansies and blue roses, so now I've got all the flowers! :)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 05:32:35 pm by Bumber »

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2021, 05:06:12 am »

The v2.0 update released last week. There's cooking, gyroids, placeable ladders, ceiling furniture, portable access to your storage, and a whole bunch of other stuff. This is the last free update, and it launched along a paid DLC (akin to Happy Home Designer for New Leaf, but completely integrated into the base game.)

There are 1235 items added, including many returning from New Leaf. (Not sure how many are exclusive to the paid DLC.)

As a QoL improvement, extra DIY recipes you want to hold on to can now be stored instead of having to drop them on the ground.

I feel Nintendo really outdid themselves with this update, making New Horizons by far the best Animal Crossing.

Looking forward to collecting the castle walls and glowing moss furniture so I can make my island look more like a dwarf fort. The Sci-fi stuff looks cool, too.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2021, 05:11:18 am by Bumber »

Pages: 1 2 [3]