Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Animal Crossing: New Horizons thread  (Read 5150 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Animal Crossing: New Horizons thread
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2020, 07:32:16 am »

« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 02:58:01 pm by Iduno »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2020, 01:22:57 am »

Native Fruit is Pears. Growing some cherries from 'Mom'.

So I can't figure out how to get screenshots from my Switch Lite to PC, instead have this Evangelion Animal Crossing video I found.

https://youtu.be/QRMBKd-4OIg

I too would love to add people so we can share islands and watch them grow. I'll add a discord to OP.

Edit: Done. If someone can get images to PC maybe wants to make a logo for the server, perhaps something made in the design tool that'd be cool.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 01:29:26 am by roseheart »
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.
'No.' is a complete sentence. —Mary Kate & Ashley

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2020, 02:15:39 am »

I actually think I'll not travel to other's islands until I have the basics set up, kind of to avoid spoilers I guess.

But if you don't care about that, and want to see my baby island, gates open. The more the merrier. Temporary dodo code:

6M43R

Edit: Closing up for the night. Probably re-open tomorrow same timish.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 04:53:17 am by roseheart »
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.
'No.' is a complete sentence. —Mary Kate & Ashley

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2020, 07:33:05 pm »

Growing peaches from mom. Got bamboo, coconuts, and pears from island tours.

Getting 30 iron for the shop is a huge pain. Generally each tour gets you 2 iron ores, though I got lucky twice with the rocks that give you a bunch.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2020, 10:02:48 am »

The iron isn't too bad, I just kept going to islands and hitting rocks with shovel while not 'strong' from fruit. I get 4-5 from each rock on the islands and find other nice stuff to sell.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2020, 11:35:08 am »

Yeah if you're having trouble with iron, make sure you haven't eaten any fruit (otherwise you'll break it), and have a pair of holes dug behind you, so you don't bounce away from the rock when you hit it. That way you should be able to get approx 8 rock/clay/iron (or more valuable stuff!) from every rock.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2020, 12:41:21 pm »

Yeah if you're having trouble with iron, make sure you haven't eaten any fruit (otherwise you'll break it), and have a pair of holes dug behind you, so you don't bounce away from the rock when you hit it. That way you should be able to get approx 8 rock/clay/iron (or more valuable stuff!) from every rock.
Alternatively, you can also place a piece of furniture behind you before striking the rock. It works almost as well as the holes, and you're never not going to have something to place down; even if all you're carrying is an axe/shovel, you can still take off your pants and use those.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2020, 02:05:32 pm »

Where the heck are all the boots? I've fished up like a dozen tires and empty cans, but not a single boot. How am I going litter my town with garbage bags without any boots?

Yeah if you're having trouble with iron, make sure you haven't eaten any fruit (otherwise you'll break it)

Really wish I'd've known this sooner. Could've been swimming in hundreds of iron by now. You'd think being full would be a good thing, but noooope. Wish they would've made it drop all the ore before it breaks.

Found out that double-tapping A while you're crafting causes the process to speed up.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 02:40:03 pm by Bumber »

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2020, 06:20:24 pm »

Caught a stringfish after 150+ fish bait. Sold my inventory and went back for my DIY bench. Caught the fish that spawned there before picking up the bench. The fish was a stringfish. :)

Alternatively, you can also place a piece of furniture behind you before striking the rock. It works almost as well as the holes, and you're never not going to have something to place down; even if all you're carrying is an axe/shovel, you can still take off your pants and use those.
Can't place items on tour. You can only drop them.

Anybody got access to apples or oranges?

There's a neat website for checking which fish and bugs are leaving or newly available for each month: https://icebr.art/
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 06:27:54 am by Bumber »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2020, 06:48:49 pm »

For the record, once you get five villagers and a town hall, you can relocate houses and such. (Potentially also the museum?) Also, you can build ramps and such.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2020, 07:02:18 pm »

After the tent upgrades you'll also get a town square that Able will visit.  Don't know what the requirement was but I talked and bought stuff from her for a few days and she asked to build a store.  That's a 2 day process, choose the spot day 1, day 2 they start build, day 3 you get a new store.

Also don't forget to talk to Nook after the upgrade.  He has a few things for to do and you'll then be able to talk to Isabelle and find out your islands ranking.  At 3 stars a certain musician will visit, roll credits, and then you'll finally unlock terraforming.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2020, 12:52:21 am »

(Potentially also the museum?)

Yes, I'm moving mine right now.

Unfortunately the game won't let you move the building to a spot overlapping the existing building. If you want to nudge something just a bit, you'll have to move it twice.

Edit: My Nintendo has another Switch Online 7-day free trial out. Looks like there's going to be one every month for who knows how long.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 01:44:45 am by Bumber »

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2020, 02:00:58 am »

Got a golden slingshot thanks to all the egg balloons. I think I've completed all the bunny day DIYs. Still need to collect more cherry blossom recipes.

I've done everything I need to prepare for the K.K. Slider concert. Soon I'll have the terraforming tools unlocked. Edit: Got 'em.

Are people using the Discord server more than this thread? The invite link in the OP seems to have expired.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 11:16:40 am by Bumber »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2020, 03:44:36 pm »

Can you really get all the egg recipes already? I assume more are coming in the following days. I also don't have all of them... some stuff like sky eggs is hard to get enough of. Also, where are you getting more cherry blossom recipes?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei
Pages: 1 [2] 3