Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Reward for murdering nobles  (Read 1683 times)

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
Reward for murdering nobles
« on: March 19, 2020, 01:46:36 pm »

If I kill nobles of a goblin civilization or enemy civs will I get rewarded for it?
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

Lorn Asbord Schutta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reward for murdering nobles
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 02:45:22 pm »

From my experience - not really. I managed to kill demons thrice with diffrent adventurers across diffrent versions and even leaders of those civs who waged war with them regarded it as another kill with "you are killer". And as you can imagine killing any other lord or lawgiver gave no better results.
During v0.42 I got once a quest as hearthperson that was about killing Gorlak who became lord of another hamlet from the same civ. The reason was that Gorlak "is seen as unfit to rule".
The real reward is usually getting some artifacts from corpses. Goblin leaders tend to have a few from snached dwarves in worldgen, who then present their creations to their masters.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 06:34:54 pm »

If you're ordered by your hearthperson to kill a goblin noble, then sure you'll get rewarded (with reputation generally).

If you wander into a nearby site and kill some important looking people randomly, then, yeah, you'll most likely be known as an unhinged killer.

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2020, 12:32:56 pm »

I guess that's probably realistic then. I'm sure if I went to Russia and killed Putin for no reason people wouldn't be too too happy
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.