Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I will draw your artifact in a nice ANSI-art (color ASCII-art)  (Read 1901 times)

darkhog

• Bay Watcher
  • JAGIELSKI is PERFECTION
    • View Profile
    • Jagielski Gaming YT channel

Due to... recent events, I am left at home bored. For a limited time, I will draw your artifacts in ANSI-art (with both converted to PNG and .ans versions available to download) based on your descriptions.
Please keep the descripton of the artifact in reasonable limits (i.e. I won't be drawing Planepacked or similar artifacts, as awesome as they are).
I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole. Diggy Diggy hole, diggy diggy hole.

If I say something funny, don't ask if you can sig it. Just do it (though credit me).

hun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I will draw your artifact in a nice ANSI-art (color ASCII-art)
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 10:55:05 pm »

Can I ask for an art for my artifact bone shield? Nothing particularly special about it (except the decorations made from honey bee chitin maybe). Just a warm-up for you, I guess.

Here is the description:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

darkhog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2020, 10:47:55 am »

Image:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
.ANS file: https://mega.nz/#!vZsThIpJ!COqinScyE4XA04egCK3e6ymdEYsDn11pQMw3DQQVVuM
Please note that, depending on your ANSI viewer the image may not load correctly as it depends on some settings such as iCE colors and 80x50 display mode that may not be supported by older or dodgy ASCII- and ANSI-Art viewers (especially those made for DOS).
Also, due to ASCII having certain limitations (as you probably know) I can do only one image per artifact so in case that artifacts has multiple images, I will choose the one that looks the best in the image.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 10:50:14 am by darkhog »

If I say something funny, don't ask if you can sig it. Just do it (though credit me).

hun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2020, 08:56:52 pm »

Thank you, looks super neat! I love bee-colored decorations, althought I guess they must have been hard to do this way for the dwarf  :D

One image per artifact restriction is completely understandable, and image of a tree in green glass also looks like the right choice to me.

darkhog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2020, 09:03:54 am »

You're welcome!

nohrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2020, 03:42:56 am »

That is... so... cool.... ; D Are You still... willing and bored enough to mayhaps make one more? xd

bloodtoes

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2020, 10:44:59 pm »

The last artifact produced by an ill-fated fort, ultimately destroyed by a single human swordsman hell-bent on stealing an artifact and who was trapped in the fort and took out his frustration at being trapped on basically everyone. I had mined plenty of magnetite but had not yet put it to use to equip the poor fools in the so-called "military".

Much mining had been done. A few artifacts had been made. Some goblins were chased off before a single human swordsman brought the fort down.

Not much else could be said about the fortress of Komantun, or "Spreaddoor".

Bibarnar, "The Drab Rawnessess"

This is a magnetite figurine of Estrur Buryseduce. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.
The item is a masterfully designed image of Estrur Buryseduce the goblin and Uda Scaldedperfect the human in magnetite by Meng Uremsibrek. Estrur Buryseduce is cringing. Uda Scaldedperfect is striking a menacing pose. The artwork relates to the smashing of the goblin Estrur Buryseduce's left cheek by the human Uda Scaldedperfect in the early autumn of 58 during Isshaosush, "The Stormy Clash".
It is encrusted with round magnetite cabochons. This object menaces with spikes of magnetite. On the item is an image of Thincolumns the Golden Weakness the native gold scepter in magnetite. On the item is an image of full moons in tiger iron.

Various goblins and humans have laid claim to the artifact from afar.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 10:46:45 pm by bloodtoes »
Tekkud Udosdakost, Fisherdwarf cancels Fish: interrupted by Carp.
Tekkud Udosdakost has bled to death.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2020, 01:50:59 am »

The last artifact produced by an ill-fated fort, ultimately destroyed by a single human swordsman hell-bent on stealing an artifact and who was trapped in the fort and took out his frustration at being trapped on basically everyone. I had mined plenty of magnetite but had not yet put it to use to equip the poor fools in the so-called "military".

Much mining had been done.

Your miners probably could have killed him if you disabled their mining labor and drafted them. Mining skill translates directly into using a pick axe as a weapon.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?