Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dutchy of Akhaia (Minecraft Dwarven Invaders...some number)  (Read 3737 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Dutchy of Akhaia (Minecraft Dwarven Invaders...some number)
« on: March 22, 2020, 10:19:27 pm »

If anyone wants to mess around on an Earth multiplayer, came across one by a bunch of people that came from /his/.  There's admittedly some fuckery in terms of nations, as could be expected from that source (only really bad one I can find is the Pisskingdom, but...yeah, that name still exists), but a good chunk of the places are historical nations, with the big powers being the Imperivm Romanvm, the Carthaginian Empire, and a Barbarian coalition with secondary powers in the form of Dacia and Iberia.  It's largely vanilla at the moment, but makes use of Towny, Economy, and MCMMO.

Found some old ruins on the Peloponnese peninsula of Greece, and am doing a reclamation there, as it's close enough to the active areas we might be able to get involved with things, while not being in an area that looks to have had a lot of activity that would thereby mean the underground's been strip mined of diamonds and other ores.  Mention your username if you want to jump in so I can get you added to the town.

Spoiler: March 22 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: March 27 (click to show/hide)

City Coordinates:
2713, 64, -4505

Server:
play.domvs-mc.net

Dynmap:
https://domvs-mc.net/dynmap.html

Their Discord:
https://discord.gg/TUyxAHg
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 12:08:08 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Dutchy of Akhaia (Minecraft Dwarven Invaders...some number)
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 01:30:51 am »

Even though it has only been two days, got a bit more information.  There are barely any tunnels around here, and even the cave hasn't been really dug into, so this area is effectively pristine for mining if that was a concern.  Further, to give an idea as to how new the server is: there's still people in the big factions only just starting to pick up diamond armor.  If there's any time to establish ourselves, it is now.

Second, there's been some major shifts in the political situation has gotten buggered.  Carthage has assaulted Rome itself and left the Imperivm Romanvm relegated to merely Pompeii with Rome itself having been sacked.  An assault on that city was repelled with the help of Germanic barbarians.  This did not stop the Carthaginians from reforming into the Mediterrainium faction.

In terms of allies, I've got a small time one in the form of Trebizond.  They're newly established in Northeastern Anatolia, and the defensive alliance is mostly out of concern of Dacia, who turns out to have two sites I missed earlier that would bump up their power ratings.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 12:19:37 am »

My username is David_Locke on minecraft. Definitely interested in joining. I'll logon tomorrow when I see you on the dynmap, or you can message me and let me know when your online. Thanks! Let's make a great B12 empire!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2020, 12:07:23 am »

My username is David_Locke on minecraft. Definitely interested in joining. I'll logon tomorrow when I see you on the dynmap, or you can message me and let me know when your online. Thanks! Let's make a great B12 empire!

I'd advise against expressly stating the creation of a B12 Empire, as I have pledged loyalty to Dacia for protection measures.  They'd probably take exception to claims of a Bay 12 Empire  The Mediterrainium is a big faction, and even beyond that they gave access to some goodies.  Most particularly, I was able to claim a bunch of territory outside the city itself, so there's a fair bit of land to work with.

Oh, and here's an update to what the main area looks like now.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2020, 05:59:08 am »

I'd advise against expressly stating the creation of a B12 Empire, as I have pledged loyalty to Dacia for protection measures.  They'd probably take exception to claims of a Bay 12 Empire  The Mediterrainium is a big faction, and even beyond that they gave access to some goodies.  Most particularly, I was able to claim a bunch of territory outside the city itself, so there's a fair bit of land to work with.

Oh, and here's an update to what the main area looks like now.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Obviously, x2yzh9 meant "B12 minor principality of no significance, loyal subject of the Great and Wise Dacia, all hail The Mediterrainium!"
...any rumors of revolt and usurpation are treasonous propaganda, spread by agents of our enemies, with absolutely no basis in fact.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2020, 05:07:24 pm »

Give me heads up if you want to join.  Looks like I can't invite people when they're offline, so we need to be online at the same time in order for me to get you invited.  Been fairly active on the server, but we might still want to arrange a time so I can make sure you're brought in.