Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: MachineFloors, Home of the Crown Stealing Dwarves! (Succession Game)  (Read 2378 times)

LeftHandofGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Within the Shadow's Grasp
    • View Profile

Greetings!

Welcome to: Machine Floors! Where Dorfs steal crowns from our stockpiles, and complain about the booze!

So I'm putting this up as a succession game and hoping people will join. We'll be using the latest LNP and 0.44.12 as the version. Rules are as follows.

1: One to three year turns, with a listing at the bottom of this post. Please do some sort of log during your turn (RP if you feel like it too!), and screenshots are very much appreciated. After your turn, send me the save so I can archive it, and I'll pass it on to the next ruler.

2: People get two weeks to do their turn, with extensions if needed. Just put up a message!

3: Please, no intentional destroying of the fort, or messing it up for the next person. If this happens, then the offender will promptly be removed from the playlist, and I'll pull the last playable save from the archive.

4: If anyone wants to be dorfed, just put up a message. Should said dorfs have something unfortunate happen to them, we'll also include how they died.

I'll go first, and please don't be too upset with whatever I give you guys. Have fun!

------------------

So I've already done about a year and a half, and we've got quite a bit done!
Here's the general status of the fort:

We've got the farms and trade depot on the second level, main stockpiles and workshops on level 3. Level four is bedrooms, and level five is the dining room/tavern, with various levels further below hosting temples, burial area, hospital, and what will eventually be a training area and dorms for military. We've also breached the caverns down to the 3rd, and somewhere we've found...adamantine! Don't know where, haven't mined any yet.

So far we've only lost three dwarves. One was hit by a strange mood and went nuts when he couldn't get all the needed materials and the militia put him down. The other two perished when a troll got loose from the lower caverns. Food and drink are doing okay, but our status is somewhat precarious, and relies much on what the caravan brings next year.

Trade agreements: The mountainhomes have placed a high value on several things, but mostly on crowns and crutches, which we're (attempting) to mass produce. The only issue is that some dwarves have claimed several crowns as their own, with the prime example being our late chief medical dwarf, who took two crowns for his own before biting it when a troll bit his head off.

And that's where we are, folks!
---------------------------------------
Turn 1 - LeftHandofGod: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14960
Turn 2 - Bloop_Bleep
Turn 3 - DwarvenLord
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 09:15:15 am by LeftHandofGod »

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MachineFloors, Home of the Crown Stealing Dwarves! (Succession Game)
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 11:51:05 pm »

Sign me up, will ya?  :D

EDIT: Also, seems the imgur link is a bit broken.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

LeftHandofGod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2020, 11:53:24 pm »

Try it now!
https://i.imgur.com/jWLvXMT.png
Also, will do. Go ahead and take your turn.

DwarvenLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry for being here, my time machine broke.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2020, 12:02:37 am »

I'll also claim. Any particular reason for being on 0.44.17?
And thus was the dwarven meatshield invented.
the child should serve well in the infantry (that is a horrible pun, and I already regret saying it).

LeftHandofGod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2020, 09:14:07 am »

Cause 0.44.12 is the latest version for the Lazy Newb Pack, and I can't be bothered to figure out to play with the ASCII graphics. lol

I'll sign you up.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2020, 12:39:12 pm »

Oh noes, it looks like a lot of the characters got switched around... Probably has something to do with tileset switching. I'm usually play with default ASCII, does anyone know how to fix this? I could probably still play with the messed up characters, but it'd be more difficult.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

LeftHandofGod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2020, 09:11:42 pm »

Try this:

Courtesy of imperator:
For Proper use of ASCII you need to have "text will be text", Vanilla Color, Default Font, ASCII Tileset, Truetype Font OFF, Creature Sprites OFF.  Text will be text font should be ASCII font or perhaps Gemset

Or you can try digging around on the Internet if that doesn't work.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 09:16:30 pm by LeftHandofGod »

DwarvenLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2020, 02:21:39 pm »

3rd of Galena, 104
Look's like it's my turn to lead the fort. I would rather just keep up my work as a mason, but I'll do what I have to. Even better, this'll mean I can take myself off that cursed military squad!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Okay, first things first- mining the gold that we haven't yet. Then I'm going to look for weapons-grade metals to properly equip and organize our military. Who knows what horrors lurk in the inexplored parts of the caverns- and I'm not talking about cave crawlers or trolls...

8th of Galena, 104
We don't have a manager?!?!
Eh, it's no problem. I'll just assign a fisherman that kinda sorta knows how to organize. TIME TO AUTOMATE!

15th of Galena, 104
Who ran this fort previously? Why are we making ROCK crowns when we could be using GOLD? Gold>Rock

16th of Galena, 104
I'm building a drawbridge in front of the exit, just in case any invaders come to siege use down. Doubt It'll happen, though. All we have around are tree-hugging elves.
the child should serve well in the infantry (that is a horrible pun, and I already regret saying it).

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2020, 06:12:50 pm »

I’ll join, though don’t depend on me being able to play, what with also having schoolwork.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

LeftHandofGod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2020, 09:10:39 pm »

I'll sign you up for a tentative Turn 4 then.

DwarvenLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2020, 03:18:07 pm »

15th of Galena, 104
Someone advised me to close off the caverns, and I'm inclined to do so.

20th of Galena, 104
Oh, that's nice. As, our waxworker, has given birth to a boy. A long and healthy life to him!

22nd of Galena
If you dwarves are going to complain about the smell, then just throw the troll parts away! How long has it been since we killed that thing?

27th of Galena, 104
Gold, gold everywhere, but not a vein of iron. What's worse is that we discovered tetrahedrite- in the caverns. Deep in the caverns. I'm not going to risk it. How do I know this? Someone's wandering in
the caverns- no idea who, but it's super annoying getting these constant letters spamming me aboy discovery of unobtainable gems and ore.

1st of Limestone, 104
Finally someone moved that cursed troll outside! I'm sure it would be happy knowing it caused us trouble so long after death.
In other news, I'm telling the hunters- even my beloved Urdim- to STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT "oh no path" "oh no ammunition." I'm also telling them to stay out of the caverns. Please.

[OOC: Goddammit! After I went to save, the game froze up and didn't save anything, so this whole post is now null. Tbh, when I replay this part there probably won't be much different, just everything is going to go faster.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 03:23:25 pm by DwarvenLord »

DwarvenLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2020, 02:13:30 pm »

Ok, redid everything I did yesterday.

DwarvenLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2020, 11:28:08 am »

15th of Galena, 104
Ugh. I have both a terrible headache and a feeling of serious Deja vu- and for some reason, when I woke up and was barely conscious, I sent a flurry of orders all at once. I barely know what half of them are.
(OOC: A tad trivial, but as I loaded up  the game, two dwarves of the same profession and flashing the same symbol were exactly one down-press away from each other, so I thought I had broken the game when it seemed one dwarf was teleporting when I moved.)

25th of Galena, 104
Ok, I'm just going to say it now. It may seem cruel, but whoever was stupid enough to be in the caverns or build a wall around themselves in said cavern, is to be left there. I'm not rebuilding and building over and over again for some idiots.

28th of Galena, 104
Blocking off the caverns is essentially done- Only one or two more walls are needed.

2nd of Limestone, 104
Doors. Doors. Doors.
Why am I making so many doors? Who put it on repeat? Not me, for certain. Must've been that previous overseer...

DwarvenLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2020, 07:22:33 pm »

5th of Galena, 104
Hmmm... I'm getting kinda bored around here. There's nothing to break up the monotony- no sieges, no thieves, no nothing. How are we going to become great if we seek to keep the status quo? Miners, continue that staircase down...

12th of Galena, 104
Ah! Some tetrahedrite- I can finally make some proper weapons and armor for our pathetic squad.

25th of Limestone, 104
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Crud. Let's hope those walls hold up...

16th of Limestone, 104
Thank the gods, I didn't make a mistake with my walls- it's acting mostly passive, only chasing after some wildlife.

DwarvenLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2020, 04:41:12 pm »

10th of Sandstone, 104
Ah! What are these stacks upon stacks of papers?
Petitions? Why are all these soldiers and bards applying now? Is it just that time of year? Perhaps there's something in the air? Well, there's no reason to deny any of them, so here I go I guess...

14th of Sandstone, 104
Why are all our miner also metalworkers? Like really, it's kinda infuriating...

18th of Sandstone, 104
Oh look, some migrants. More mouths to feed. At least it's not too big, just some fishermen, some surgeons, and a mason I think.

19th of Sandstone, 104
To be honest to myself, I've been complaining too much. This fortress is chill- Really chill. We don't care about any goblins, we aren't starving, the caverns are sealed off, and possibly the only thing that might be able to destabilize use is some sort of werebeast. Let's just be grateful for a moment.
Pages: [1] 2